PDA

View Full Version : Wow... these "Episode 1" missions

TheButcherPete
01-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Is it me, or are these hideously messed up?

the first one was pathetically easy
the second was ANNOYING
I haven't tried the third yet, I doubt it'll be worth a damn.

Thanks Trion, 250 scrip, 250 XP (wtf?) and a green weapon?

There are single enemies that give more XP, and aren't nearly as ****ING ANNOYING TO KILL

I can't believe I hurried to EGO 3000 just to have this **** thrust in my lap. This is pathetic.

Increase the XP, increase the Scrip, increase the keys, increase the DIFFICULTY.

The Lady
01-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Do you mean the story line missions? I thought the episode stuff was the pursuits.

WhiteF8ng
01-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Yeah the rewards are pretty lackluster. Not really worth doing over the original co-ops. Though there was a time where the Rogue E-Reps were ruthless killing machines. That mission was a ***** on my low levels...

melkathi
01-04-2014, 02:13 AM
First, what Lady said ;) Episodic missions. Episode 1 are the pursuits. Then again... semantics...

I kinda like the afflicted one. At least the part where you are swarmed by the buggers. There could have been more of that. I would have liked to see a room where you get a reaper or minigun and have to shoot waves of them and run out of ammo... but I guess other people would have gotten bored. When it first released it was ok difficulty wise, as people had not yet gotten used to afflicted - the big ones were still dangerous, the bile attacks from smaller ones still more than a visual annoyance. Now, especially as it is co-op, it could be harder. But a lot of the game could be.
The project piper one used to be harder. But it was the wrong kind of difficulty. Rogue E-Reps were simply bullet sponges. Just would not die. It was frustrating and not fun. Even Volge (pre-Volgenerf) had less hitpoints. I'm glad they adjusted them, but I would prefer the encounters to be designed to be more challenging. And now with a surge bolter, I guess it will have become trivial...

TheButcherPete
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't understand why Trion made you need to have EGO 3000 to unlock them for yourselves, but make the rewards SO ****TY and the missions SO SHORT that nobody will run them more than once.

melkathi
01-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Normally they would be part of a mission chain, with several missions leading up to them. Granted, those may very well be "go gather these data recorders" missions and, since a lot of people will be doing them at the same time there may be no enemies left when you get to each one of them, but the idea was that there would be more to kill.
*shrug*

Woud have been nice if they were re-worked for the co-op version and put in line with the normal co-op maps.

Raiithe
01-04-2014, 06:26 PM
The quest rewards in general are crud throughout the game
the only reward remotely decent was the one you get for nim... everything else was some xp, some scrip, and a green of some type.

The scrip rewards were good comparitively since pickups were 1 or 2 scrip, now that we can pickup scrip with double digits the quest rewards are looking a little lacklustre.
The XP reward isn't quite as bad, but since we need xp for the weaps as well its not as worthwile
The green items are a joke. Do a siege and you will get at least a blue as reward or random drop.

Before the monolith was removed, the campaign was needed to unlock SF. Now, i dunno, are missions worth doing at all? When we can do an Arkbreak/Arkfall/Arena/Siege that will give a substantially larger reward?

And what are these EGO3000 unlocks? are they just the episode 1 missions with nolan and whatnot for those that missed them?

MagnusRune Daltus
01-04-2014, 06:28 PM
there not there for great rewards, but to re-do the missions that you cant do anymore.

TheButcherPete
01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
there not there for great rewards, but to re-do the missions that you cant do anymore.

I'm talking about the coop maps that you unlock after you reach EGO 3000, THOSE suck.

melkathi
01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
And what are these EGO3000 unlocks? are they just the episode 1 missions with nolan and whatnot for those that missed them?

Probably. At least on my 3000+ character I have the instanced missions of the episodic content available as a co-op.