PDA

View Full Version : brings back memories from tabula rasa

angryjones
01-04-2014, 05:57 AM
I use to play tabula rasa and that was a very unique game, but reminds me of it the way things are going maybe im being stupid and shut up

i have to say even auto assault all those unique great games failed just reminds me of it the horrible feeling guys

melkathi
01-04-2014, 06:06 AM
I think quite a few people feel that way.

Hughe Manne
01-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I use to play tabula rasa and that was a very unique game, but reminds me of it the way things are going maybe im being stupid and shut up

i have to say even auto assault all those unique great games failed just reminds me of it the horrible feeling guys

Tabula Rasa didn't fail. It was stolen. NCsoft shut the game down unannounced and unexpectedly, sent out emails claiming Richard Garriot wanted to end the game, when in fact that was not true. at the time he was returning from the space station and was in lockdown for a week. He has since sued NCsoft and won. although to my knowledge there are no plans to reopen that game. I am sad about that, tabula rasa was a great game.
Ncsoft also gave everyone a "free trial" to any of their games, in lue of ripping off the costumers of tabula rasa, some of whom paid alot of money into the game. I don't play NCsoft games any longer.

Lasse B
01-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Tabula Rasa didn't fail. It was stolen. NCsoft shut the game down unannounced and unexpectedly, sent out emails claiming Richard Garriot wanted to end the game, when in fact that was not true. at the time he was returning from the space station and was in lockdown for a week. He has since sued NCsoft and won. although to my knowledge there are no plans to reopen that game. I am sad about that, tabula rasa was a great game.
Ncsoft also gave everyone a "free trial" to any of their games, in lue of ripping off the costumers of tabula rasa, some of whom paid alot of money into the game.
This.

I don't play NCsoft games any longer.
And especially this.

Deunan
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I use to play tabula rasa and that was a very unique game, but reminds me of it the way things are going maybe im being stupid and shut upThere is a huge difference between this game and Tabula Rasa, and I'm not talking about game mechanics. The development team had a much better rapport with the player community and did a much better job at fixing things and introducing new content even though the game didn't even have an official game forum. They even invited some of us from Planet TR to their headquarters for a tour and for feedback on the game.

The game was terminated by NCSoft because of lack of profit but unlike this game it was making real strides towards improvement and lacked the plethora of bugs and bad and poorly informed decisions and actions of this game's development team. It's a testament to the fact that a poor launch and bad word of mouth can irreparably damage a game's reputation and goodwill among the PC video game player community. I was a closed beta tester for the game and we implored NCSoft to postpone the release until some of the more glaring bugs could be fixed but the suits always prevail over the development team and the game was released with bugs and all.

Amack
01-04-2014, 12:23 PM
... but the suits always prevail over the development team and the game was released with bugs and all.

This time I say we put the suits in the time out corner!

hardy83
01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
I really miss Tablua Rasa.
It had a lot of issues, but it still had a gameplay that isn't even in any MMOs today. The closest being this game. Global Agenda and Warframe to a lesser extent, but they aren't really open world.

It died too soon. It was while NCSoft was arrogant in its stance to F2P. Refusing to make any of their games F2P.
Almost immediately after they killed the game, Aion went F2P.

It's a shame really.

Oh ANY MMO I wish would come back from the dead, it's that game. It deserved WAY more respect than what NCSoft gave it and honestly believe it would thrive as a F2P game.

...I quit way before it shut down and missed the end where they went back to Earth. :(