PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall Fragments

melkathi
01-04-2014, 08:57 AM
I am really liking these tiny arkfall fragments I have been finding around Mount Tam. I hadn't noticed them saying anything about adding these - though that doesn't mean they didn't. Anyway, it gives even completly new players a chance to feel arkhuntery from the get go.

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/969/254ns.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/8803/5jod.jpg

I have run across around 4 of them so far. Of those 1 spawned a golden skitterling at the end. Though it didn't drop any loot. Didn't get a screenshot though - was too busy thinking "Golden Skitterling! Shoot it!" :)

crasher
01-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Saw a golden, once, too.
I thought it might have some significance other than just catching a glimpse of Sasquatch or Nessie, but alas, it was about as useful.

The Lady
01-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Wonder if you follow it, will it lead to the last secret vendor location? Or is it supposed to be a drivable vehicle now?

melkathi
01-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Or is it supposed to be a drivable vehicle now?

The Golden Hellbug Bike.
That would be awesome :)

Amack
01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Saw a golden, once, too.
I thought it might have some significance other than just catching a glimpse of Sasquatch or Nessie, but alas, it was about as useful.

Pics or.... you were drunk and it did not happen.

Nashtalia
01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
thanks for this notice! i will "try" to frequent Mount Tam. as of lately i've been in the Madera and such surround areas

:3

Nashtalia
01-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Saw a golden, once, too.

speaking of a gold hellbug, in the battle arena in DLC1. does killing the Gold hellbug give you massive score point? i've not even reached the Broze score in the first arena and i am trying to Silver, to clear and unlock a new arena and get the Castithan blade.

Fuzzle
01-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Golden Skitterlings give you 300 points in the arena. If you kill it with a max combo (x10) you get 3000 points for it. Absolutely worth knocking out if you can. Plus they sometimes drop purples.

Alariea
01-04-2014, 09:09 PM
speaking of a gold hellbug, in the battle arena in DLC1. does killing the Gold hellbug give you massive score point? i've not even reached the Broze score in the first arena and i am trying to Silver, to clear and unlock a new arena and get the Castithan blade.

the gold hellbug is a base 300 points iirc. However the key to getting higher points is to try to maintain your multiplier. For instance if there is a strong, higher point target surrounded by weaker ones, and all are at full health, it may be beneficial to weaken the strong thing, then kill the smaller ones (to drive you your multiplier), then finish off the big thing. Otherwise you may end up killing the small things fast, then have the multiplier fade before you finish off the bigger thing. And you may not always want to kill off an entire swarm of skitterlings too quickly...spacing out your kills just enough, can keep your multiplier alive long enough to get the next higher point target, so getting a 10x multiplier and getting a 30 point target is just as good as an unmultiplied gold hellbug. Now getting the gold hellbug while you have a 10x multiplier is another thing...

melkathi
01-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Of course nowadays you could probably just swap to a surge bolter and one-shot the golden skitterling :P

I got a few easy golden kills in arena using a typhoon.

melkathi
01-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Also.
Rewads on Arkfall Fragments are as terrible as you'd expect. 200 scrip and a few XP. Then again, all you fight is 4 or 5 skitterlings and a hellbug warrior, witha chance of a bonus golden skitterling (but not as tough as the arena one).
And they are only up for about 5 mins or so and don't show up on the map.

Nightmare Walkin
01-05-2014, 07:18 AM
I hate golden skitterlings since they usually end in a x1 multiplier and a lot of running. I actually got a purple ironclad fortifier iv ex two days ago from one. Since it was on a new character without any legendaries it was a welcome drop. My new warmaster shield. I was unaware of the goldens in the fragments. Thanks for the info. Btw Use an invader or proliferator and you will do fine in the arena. I originally cussed in clan chat for an hour until a golden dropped a blue invader trying to best bronze in the last arena. I used the plane-Jane invader to get gold in my next run with thousands of points to spare. I previously tried my assassin canker and vbi legendaries only to be bested by a crappy invader. It's all I use now. I used my extremely low ego character mentioned above and got gold first try with a purple invader. The bugs help keep your multiplier up.