PDA

View Full Version : How Clan Contribution score works (MUST READ)

likeike12
01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Below are the contribution scores you receive from each activity except for competitive multiplayer and minor ark breaks

• Challenges
o Rampages- 2,889
o Hotshot- 4,911
o Arena’s- 13,286
o Time Trial- 1,926
• Arkfalls
o Majors- 16,137
o Minors- 672
• Sieges- 7,627
• Conflict Sites
o Big (4000 xp reward)
 6,273
o Small (2000 xp reward)
 2,905
• Emergencies
o 3,530
• Co-op (Original maps)
o 8,250
• Arkbreak
o Large
 9614

This was all done by me last night while playing defiance.
I hope this helps anyone looking to up their contribution score in their clan and level up there clan activities faster.

There are 2 things to keep in mind while trying to rack up on score the length of the thing you are attending and how many things you kill.

P.s. minor arkbreaks are not on here because i did not get to them but they are gonna be less than the major arkbreaks.

*********Notice: THESE ARE THE SCORES I GOT YOURS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT.

Camelot
01-05-2014, 12:21 AM
This is good. Trion should sticky this one

The Lady
01-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Now if only my clan would come back ��

Arran
01-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Great info. I'm hearing a lot about lower ego players seem to earn more clan rep than high ego players. Can this be confirmed & if true wtf trion stitching up all ur veteran players yet again.

WhiteF8ng
01-05-2014, 01:50 AM
I think xp from enemy kills is counted as well and since high EGO players don't receive any more XP = less points.

Tekrunner
01-05-2014, 01:51 AM
Thanks for doing this. However, I think that these numbers are only an estimate, at least for some of the activities. I think that each activity can reward clan xp from two sources:
1) Xp from killing enemies
2) Final xp reward

In some cases, you don't get the final xp reward: this is why minor arkfalls, shadow wars and sieges bring much less clan xp than character xp (though stage rewards from sieges may be counted).

Also, did you measure all these things after holiday boosts ended?

I think xp from enemy kills is counted as well and since high EGO players don't receive any more XP = less points.

I'm at the xp cap, killing a blacklung at a conflict site got my clan 250 xp.

Arran
01-05-2014, 01:57 AM
This is just silly. I have a clan full of ego 5000 ark hunters & half have had to start a fresho character just to make the most out a clan progression. I'm about hit ego 5000 for the 2nd time & really don't see why I should have to start all over again just to maximise on clan progression. I'm sure this will be ignored by the devs like most other issues. Can't remember last post I saw from a dev tbh

Tekrunner
01-05-2014, 02:11 AM
This is just silly. I have a clan full of ego 5000 ark hunters & half have had to start a fresho character just to make the most out a clan progression. I'm about hit ego 5000 for the 2nd time & really don't see why I should have to start all over again just to maximise on clan progression. I'm sure this will be ignored by the devs like most other issues. Can't remember last post I saw from a dev tbh

Have you actually tested this? I haven't seen any confirmation that xp capped players are penalized. I have by far the highest contribution in my medium-sized clan, and while I've been playing quite a bit recently, the difference can't be that huge, or my clanmates are really slacking off.

Arran
01-05-2014, 02:18 AM
From what iv seen so far I think it's because we have already capped out & the exp that a lower ego player would receive from killing an enemy us higher ego players are not receiving this. I will do some more testing on a new char & repost my findings.

Arran
01-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Ok so I just done a test on a brand new char. I did minigun mayhem & got 30.000 score then let myself die. Repeated same on my 5000 char. There was a tiny difference but not Enid for us to be worried about.

Varathius
01-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Hi
Thanks for the post, but I think some of the numbers are not accurate, it might vary. For example I checked and to me, minor arkfalls give about 3500 - 4000 xp and not 600.

Good thing to have as a reference tho, thanks for your time.

Odessa
01-05-2014, 03:04 AM
Thanks for doing this. However, I think that these numbers are only an estimate, at least for some of the activities. I think that each activity can reward clan xp from two sources:
1) Xp from killing enemies
2) Final xp reward

In some cases, you don't get the final xp reward: this is why minor arkfalls, shadow wars and sieges bring much less clan xp than character xp (though stage rewards from sieges may be counted).

Also, did you measure all these things after holiday boosts ended?

I agree that the XP is an estimate. I have a level 47xx character. I did a minor arkfall and it gave the clan roughly 144. I was actively killing everything I could, too. It really would be nice to know if I need to move my new character over to the clan to get the most of the xp.

Danke
01-05-2014, 03:40 AM
Xp capped chars contribute the same. you should note however that dark matter major arkfalls are very very broken and will give next to 0 xp the only xp gained will be from whatever trash mobs you kill, the monolith kill xp is not counted for some reason which is where the biggest reward would normally come from.
Hell bug majors give the most points

WhiteF8ng
01-05-2014, 04:18 AM

I stand corrected. Good to know.

Celke
01-05-2014, 04:34 AM
I think it also depends how much enemies you have killed and your personal score in Arcbreaks to determine the amount of clan XP you gain that category.

N3gativeCr33p
01-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Can't remember last post I saw from a dev tbh

According to the dev tracker... December 27, 2013.

likeike12
01-05-2014, 11:33 AM
All I did was write down my contribution score and went and did an activity and subtracted the 2 different contribution scores.

likeike12
01-05-2014, 11:36 AM
I agree with everyone's comments on this post but I don't know why I am the only person that has posted something like this

MagnusRune Daltus
01-05-2014, 12:33 PM
is that what came up on the screen? the yellow numbers? this is about the clan contribution. i get about 3000exp for a minor, but only get 250 clan rep. you need to look at your clan rep before a minor, then again as soon as it ends. if you do any emerganices you will get 2000 rep. so the problem is that there are some emergancies where you have to kill 5 skiterlings and get 2000 rep, do a minor and get 100+ kills get 250. i think they put the decimale place in the wrong place. like in halo 1 the pistol was OP as instead of doing 10 damage it did 100. we have same problem the other way

maverick07
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Kudos for this. I wasn't aware that each activity gives a set amount. Wasn't sure if something like Afflicted emergencies would give more then others since they have so many enemies. Doesn't look like it.

Just for numbers to throw out there, I was getting about 11k per arena last night, and I am EGO 5k. I didn't do a lot though as I had so much lag last night I could barely even play the game.

Gale Klarnm
01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
The clan rep is like anything else in the game, it's broken and confusing. I usually get a couple hundred from most of the things like minor AFs or conflict zones, but I've gotten as much as 100k from the longer and bigger events like sieges and major AFs.

likeike12
01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Interesting......

Umfafa
01-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I did test this out. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it was on the range of 2000-ish clan points added for a 200 ego toon, and like 200 points added for a 5k toon.

I did a minor scrapper arkfall with both toons. The high level toon smashed everything and got 1st place. The other one placed somewhere around 8th.

So it seems to be mostly related to toon ego level and xp gained. I got about 10 times more points using my new toon than the one that's been around since start.

Angeleus09
01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
IDK if it helps at all, but during the 12/21 Livestream Trick confirmed that the only thing that counts towards the Clan XP is the XP earned while inside the activity, not the completion XP. To be fair, he was specifically answering a question about PVP maps so I'm not sure if they are treated any differently than other activities.

I love the Clan XP system and I think it is one the best things to happen to the game but I think we also have to take into account the possibility that there may be bugs in how one or more of the activities are counted in this system. It would be a really good thing to bring up for the next Livestream because the last thing we need is another component that penalizes higher EGO players.

Umfafa
01-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I like it too. The bonuses are sweet, as long as they continue past level 3. It's a grind, but we're gonna get there soon.

They are broken right now though. If you are gaining XP, your score is going to be higher than someone who isn't.

mr8liner
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM

I thought the same thing myself. It seems that when a player get to 5000 he gets screwed. The way i think it should work is an option of how much xp you want to go to clan progression....ex.. 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%. a new player just might want to contribute 25% of his xp, while a players who is maxed on xp can contribute 100%. I think that would be very fair.

It would be nice if Trion would post something to let everyone know exactually how xp goes into clan progression

Tekrunner
01-06-2014, 12:01 AM
IDK if it helps at all, but during the 12/21 Livestream Trick confirmed that the only thing that counts towards the Clan XP is the XP earned while inside the activity, not the completion XP. To be fair, he was specifically answering a question about PVP maps so I'm not sure if they are treated any differently than other activities.

This doesn't really help actually, because it's clearly either wrong or misunderstood (I mean, what Trick said, not the fact that he said it). Go get a gold medal in an arena. Check your clan xp right before you complete it, check it again right after: your clan gained 10k xp in challenges. Do the same for an emergency: your clan gains 2k xp in emergencies upon completion. Same thing for conflict sites. I've tested that several times with my 5k EGO character.

It wouldn't make sense to not count final rewards, because it's the main source of xp in the game. Sometimes even the only one: how else do you gain xp in a race? Higher activity levels require enormous amounts of xp, which would take ages if it counted only the pitiful amount of xp that you get from killing enemies. I believe that the fact that the final reward of some activities isn't counted is a bug, and needs to be fixed by Trion.

Saminator
01-06-2014, 07:22 AM
The minor arkfall points of 600+ points is false. The REAL reason it's so low is because the only points you get is from killing enemies. If you defeat the minor arkfall WITHOUT killing any enemies, then you will receive 0 points, tested this on all minor destruction crystals (hellbug destruction, raider destruction, dark matter obliteration, 99 pulveriser, mutant mayhem), scrapper destruction doesn't count as you have to kill the little scrappers in order to do actual damage to the crystal. But yes to everyone else, feel free to test this out too and you will probably receive 0 points, this means minor arkfalls reward 0 points, only extremely little amount of points for killing individual enemies which you get anyway from killing enemies outside of arkfalls too. I have submitted a ticket about this so hopefully it will be fixed.

likeike12
01-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Right now these are kind of broken 10% is as high as the rewards go right now they are actually suppose to go past ten maybe even 15% in the activities but they just stay on 10%

Saminator
01-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Does anyone feel like bringing up some kind of a topic for minor arkfalls not awarding contribution points? I'm surprised it's not bugging many people, because it's bugging my entire clan and myself. We're arkhunters, aren't we supposed to be awarding points for hunting arkfalls?

I'm noticing majors to give very random amounts, between 3k and 10k, regardless of what position you come in on the scoreboard.

Minor arkfall on the other hand awards 0 points. That's right, nothing! The only points you get are for killing enemies, which are like 1-20 points per kill depending on what you've killed. So most wave survival arkfalls giving you only around 200 points.

Last time I checked, even the little skitterlings emergency on the road gives 2000+ contribution points.

So. Someone mind explaining this nonsense as to why minor arkfalls hasn't been buffed in points and why no one is complaining or noticing this?

soria
01-31-2014, 12:21 PM
The amount of clan xp is random as sam says if you destroy a dm obliteration without killing enemies you get nothing in fact you seem to get nothing or very little from darkmatter at all including majors.We had several clan playing Shadow War and we got nothing and that was with a mixed ego group,The only thing im pretty sure about is that with bug/scrapper majors is the more you do the more you get.

maverick07
01-31-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm noticing majors to give very random amounts, between 3k and 10k, regardless of what position you come in on the scoreboard.

I'm thinking this is based on how much XP you get from killing the final boss at the major (Apart from DM majors). This is where I've noticed a difference.

Like if you got around 2500 XP for killing the Matron instead of 10000 XP you would get less contribution. That's how it seems to me at least.

The Monolith should be giving 10000 XP but for some reason it only gives a measly 250 XP when you kill it. That's probably the issue with DMs not giving any contribution.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 02:16 PM
I know for a fact that Emergency missions give 2k....so my question is who knows of a nice trail of emergency missions to farm? Like how we used to do with the Volge when they first appeared. I remember we would start in front of muir and drive up the hill to the right and just follow the road killing every volge on the way. Does this still work and count as emergencies?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:58 PM
I know for a fact that Emergency missions give 2k....so my question is who knows of a nice trail of emergency missions to farm? Like how we used to do with the Volge when they first appeared. I remember we would start in front of muir and drive up the hill to the right and just follow the road killing every volge on the way. Does this still work and count as emergencies?

Someone answer this please!!

Market
01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Someone answer this please!!

I usually roll north of Bug N Chug up to the ammo box near Horseshoe for the respawn point. Emergencies are pretty plentiful there, mostly Volge and Plague.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 04:10 PM
I usually roll north of Bug N Chug up to the ammo box near Horseshoe for the respawn point. Emergencies are pretty plentiful there, mostly Volge and Plague.

Perfect i know that area. I remember when volge first came out i was at bug n chung just chilling by myself and then like three freemasons showed up...and then another 3...and then 10....until there were about 30 freemasons. I had no idea what was going on. Next thing you know they all take off to the first Volge right next to bug n chug and destroy it in seconds and move on to the next and the next. I joined them the whole night it was awesome.

Market
01-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Perfect i know that area. I remember when volge first came out i was at bug n chung just chilling by myself and then like three freemasons showed up...and then another 3...and then 10....until there were about 30 freemasons. I had no idea what was going on. Next thing you know they all take off to the first Volge right next to bug n chug and destroy it in seconds and move on to the next and the next. I joined them the whole night it was awesome.

Bloodbath is also a pretty good place for emergencies, but I think the road from BnC is probably the most straightforward section I've seen. I'm sure there are other good ones, but that's what I roll the most.

Glad to help! :)

rebtattoo
01-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Also, the road that runs south from IDR and down next to North Point. I do this one several times a night. A lot of afflicted. Really decent amounts of loot.