PDA

View Full Version : the proof

JEMINAI
01-05-2014, 06:58 AM
i dont know if anyone has snapped the cheating monkey as yet. if not,
here he is in all his glory!

buried firmly in the wall during a burn phase.
defiance dev team take a bow... this scenario or just his arm moving out of LoS occurs in most attempts at WM.
are we still doing nothing about this??
perhaps a note on ark breaker advertising? [Faulty]

Nashtalia
01-05-2014, 07:00 AM
i recall seeing a Volge Master or whatever it is called the Volge Elite of all Elite going through a wall, in one of my Ark Calls

twitch reflex
01-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Hes a hacker, i think the only thing we can do for now is switch from shooting the right arm to the left arm. I doubt they will fix this. A high percentage of the arkfbreakers are bugged normally the one by bug and chug. Enemies just dont spawn and you cant continue.

Manstan
01-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Every one is filing bug reports, right?
Don't just blow it off thinking some one else has, pretend it is a new bug and you are the first person to encounter it.

Atticus Batman
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hes a hacker, i think the only thing we can do for now is switch from shooting the right arm to the left arm. I doubt they will fix this. A high percentage of the arkfbreakers are bugged normally the one by bug and chug. Enemies just dont spawn and you cant continue.

I was told by several friends who also play on Ps3, that the Ps3 players ALL aim for the back because of this and because the back is easier to hit, plus there are perks and weapon bonuses that make you do more damage if you hit him from behind.

I am on 360, so I have followed the "ALWAYS shoot the Right arm" method, but maybe the Ps3 players have a point this time?

JEMINAI
01-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I was told by several friends who also play on Ps3, that the Ps3 players ALL aim for the back because of this and because the back is easier to hit, plus there are perks and weapon bonuses that make you do more damage if you hit him from behind.

I am on 360, so I have followed the "ALWAYS shoot the Right arm" method, but maybe the Ps3 players have a point this time?

this makes total sense!
now, how to change the entire PC community's methods :-/

JEMINAI
01-05-2014, 06:52 PM
A high percentage of the arkfbreakers are bugged normally the one by bug and chug. Enemies just dont spawn and you cant continue.

I have seen this at least twice also.
twitch, we should consider Atticus' suggestion. sucker punch is +Dmg if we shoot his back.
1 thing though, how to get everyone at his back when he's hanging from the ceiling...

Manstan
01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I always shoot the arm he is hanging with, easy target.

Bonehead
01-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I have seen this at least twice also.
twitch, we should consider Atticus' suggestion. sucker punch is +Dmg if we shoot his back.
1 thing though, how to get everyone at his back when he's hanging from the ceiling...

I started a couple of new toons on the EU server a couple of weeks ago and got in a major with some pretty disciplined players that targeted his back. They were able to coordinate their attack such that when he hung they were in position at the side of the arena to focus fire at his back the whole time.
Very impressive.
It was the first time outside of the pts that I've been in on a kill.

Jet1337
01-05-2014, 08:55 PM
It really depends who's in your group. For the first time this morning, the group managed to destroy all the armor on the right arm. I think people are very slowly realizing how to fight him now!

Overtkill21
01-05-2014, 08:57 PM

I can say no - we on PS3 do not shoot his back - but I definitely see the point of it - however, to get everyone to switch at this point would be difficult to say the least.

Escyos
01-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Obviously you scared him and he's hiding.

Tekrunner
01-06-2014, 02:43 AM
PC EU switched to shooting the back a little while ago. It works pretty damn well, but doesn't help if the WM glitches too deep into the wall. To switch from arm to back it took a large clan to start doing it and ask everyone on team chat to do the same. Since that clan was known as the most efficient kill group on the server, other big hitters followed pretty quickly, and now it's the standard method. As long as no one breaks the locks early I rarely see the WM go under 3 min left these days.

JEMINAI
01-06-2014, 09:25 PM
well i made the suggestion to aim for his back to my clan... instantly met with argument. some people....
happy to keep at a failing method and not TRY something new. silly.

maverick07
01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I can say no - we on PS3 do not shoot his back - but I definitely see the point of it - however, to get everyone to switch at this point would be difficult to say the least.

Yep don't recall ever breaking his back armor. A few nights ago I was in one where we broke both his arms though.

I've had so much lag though I was frozen in my inventory, frozen switching guns and couldn't shoot, self revive, sprint, etc. So I was pretty much there to watch everyone shoot him and leech :D.

Bonehead
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Obviously you scared him and he's hiding.

That made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoM2bHfr48

Now that's a boss.

lynford
01-07-2014, 07:06 AM
PS3 is still all about the arm , the back would be great I said that since day one but at least every one is on The same page now. I have close to 100 org ark breaker weapons do I think it's working just fine

twitch reflex
01-07-2014, 07:53 AM
well i made the suggestion to aim for his back to my clan... instantly met with argument. some people....
happy to keep at a failing method and not TRY something new. silly.

Lol I got the same response but its not a failing method it works, however I think shooting either the left arm or back would be better. The benefits to shooting the left arm are that even if he glitches into the wall you can still see it. Also since its closer to the ground you can hip fire at the arm without having to reset the crosshairs. Accurate hipfire can increase the DPS with the perk Gunslinger and since its closer less damage is lost because of fall of damage. Also since you cant get a crit with Volge weapons on the left arm people will either switch to something more effective, help break the armor by damaging it, or shoot the right arm for the crit which means it won't blind the other players. All three options are helpfull to the group. The only bad thing I could think of is its swings its arm while hanging.

The back could work great also, the DPS of sucker punch is significant specially since its base damage. Also it causes people to get closer so more people benefit from spikes which also brings the DPS up. Another thing that is good about it is that you don't have that hit box problem like you do with the arms. I really would like to try it both I'm pretty sure either one is more efficiant than the right arm but I can't be sure until I try it.

JEMINAI
01-17-2014, 01:27 PM
WM still broken.
I'd upload a pic but it's pretty much the same.