PDA

View Full Version : that Surge Bolter thread we all know about

TheButcherPete
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
I like how it has 400+ replies, 10,000 views and not a single dev has chimed in and was like "Yep, we messed up bros."

I know Trick said he made an error when editing the stats (In which I feel he should be thrown out on his *** for such a careless mistake) but this was on a livestream, and not many people bother with them anymore. Trion is full tilt into promoting Trove over its other projects.

Bubblegoose
01-06-2014, 01:00 PM
I like how it has 400+ replies, 10,000 views and not a single dev has chimed in and was like "Yep, we messed up bros."

I know Trick said he made an error when editing the stats (In which I feel he should be thrown out on his *** for such a careless mistake) but this was on a livestream, and not many people bother with them anymore. Trion is full tilt into promoting Trove over its other projects.

but seriously until they fix it just have fun with it they are easy to use and anyone can pick one up and be pro, guess I just don't understand why its such a huge deal

TheButcherPete
01-06-2014, 01:05 PM
but seriously until they fix it just have fun with it they are easy to use and anyone can pick one up and be pro, guess I just don't understand why its such a huge deal

Myself, along with a growing number of players, refuse to use this easy way out at Sieges. Because Sieges are point based, and these are OP in that respect.

Arkfalls are a different story. Their loot is worthless (read: randomized, not tiered) so doing massive damage only contributes to getting the Arkfall finished faster. I have no problem using a Bolter there.

Bubblegoose
01-06-2014, 01:10 PM
im not against what ur saying about them needing to be fixed im just saying thaqt until they do (which they will) whats the big deal in using them too? your frustration is duely noted though and I hope they have that fix soon

Celke
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM

Because it's boring as hell using them. The game is already easy enough using a 1-shot gun just makes it even more boring. Also a lot of people use it at siege and just shows how much you all just care about yourself because there is no way for other people to get any score when you have people with SB, but eventually all the SB also ended with less then 30k because there where like +30 people using it, thus not beeing able to score high as everything dies instantly by somebody else.

Nightside2885
01-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I thought the splitshot was more powerful than the surge bolter? Or am I missing something?

TheButcherPete
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I thought the splitshot was more powerful than the surge bolter? Or am I missing something?

It may be in some ways, but Splitshots cannot have a double critical bonus

squidgod2000
01-06-2014, 01:38 PM
I know Trick said he made an error when editing the stats but this was on a livestream, and not many people bother with them anymore. Trion is full tilt into promoting Trove over its other projects.

Thought that was just about the hip-fire perfect accuracy.

Amack
01-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Could any one be so kind as to tell me which Surge Bolter thread OP is referring too? A link would be appreciated.

Edit (not really): Nevermind I think I found it.

Bonehead
01-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Could any one be so kind as to tell me which Surge Bolter thread OP is referring too? A link would be appreciated.

Edit (not really): Nevermind I think I found it.

Okay Mac,
you almost killed me with that one.

inox2980
01-06-2014, 01:49 PM

As Pete said, what makes Surge Bolters extremely powerful is their crit bonuses (especially double crit.) The Slipshot's power is more utility with increased base damage, fire rate and mag bonuses. If the Slipshot had crit rolls, it would be the most devastating weapon in the game. In my opinion the double crit Thorn Liro Surge Bolter probably holds that title especially since it is widely available to the user base.

Xio Narius
01-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?143703-The-new-surge-bolters-are-overpowered-and-need-to-be-nerfed-asap

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (http://forums.defiance.com/search.php) (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us by sending a PM to a Community Team member.

Thank you!