PDA

View Full Version : The Warmaster was a step into the right direction

Sdric
01-06-2014, 06:46 PM
There is one thing which Defiance never shone in:
Endgame content.
While Sieges and Arkfalls are fun, they don't really challange players.
I won't even start with Co-op maps which could be done by a single person with ease.

The Warmaster finally introduced some kind of challange and goal to the game.
While many people haven't beaten him yet - others enjoy slaying him regularly.

The concept of pre-set (fixed stat) oranges allows giving players a legendary reward; which to be honest is everything most players are grinding for; while stile keeping "real legendaries" (without pre-set stats) valuable.
While the game gets semi-flooded with legendaries; those build a solid base for a better balanced PvP - for max. bonus weapons are now cheaper and easier to access for everybody.
Saying this and knowing the potential rewards for killing the Warmaster players get motivated to really beat him, since they finally feel that they actually have a chance to get those (viable legendary) weapons - or maybe trade them with a friend for what they get instead.

While this system is a great start we, at the same time, come to see a few of Defiance's main flaws.
I'm not even talkign about how bugged the Warmaster is:
But of the total lack of raid-grouping.
The random matchmaking, splitts friends, makes many people leave instance - forcing others players to suddenly face the boss with 8 instead of 19 players.
(Since everybody is leavign and joining other instances)

In my opinion the Warmaster was a solid start.
The story which we got as part of the DLC wasn't worth a dime, neither were the side quests.
I hope the Devs realize that those special, challanging bosses are what keeps players interested in the long run.
I'm looking forward to DLC3 and pray for Trion to stop wasting ressources on half-raw story content and instead giving us more than just one difficult nut to crack.
Who knows, maybe - with a little more endgame content and bosses to face, people will come back to Defiance and we have a more lively communitay, to play, discuss and with when the 2nd season airs.

Cheers,
Sdric

KasperSheitup
01-07-2014, 08:04 AM
I agree. I'm still pretty new to the game but the only thing that is a challenge is the Warmaster. The rest is simply too easy and just becomes a grind.
Hope more bosses are introduced or the game will become stale. The Warmaster is already becoming a bit too easy sometimes when people are organised (yes this happens sometimes, I even experienced one instance yesterday where people were waiting for almost 5 minutes before starting just waiting for more people)

I actually feel like the Warmaster should be buffed so he'll be a challenge in the future as well.

PS. Always a pelasure to do arkbreaks with you Sdric/Asuka Dex and the rest of the Weltenwaechters. You know your shtako.

Alexri
01-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Biggest issue I have with Defiance right now is the total lack of communication. They release a DLC, then holidays and the team goes off to mexico, seemingly no one left to communicate anything, boom DLC 3 information, but still nothing on patches.

hardy83
01-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Warmaster was a step in the right direction.

Now all they need to do is have kills and resurrections count towards the EGO Arkfall pursuit in arkbreaks as that's really the only place where people actively die anymore.