PDA

View Full Version : "Kick Player" button needed in arkbreaks

Umfafa
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Self explanatory.

Griefer? Vote to kick from instance. Problem solved.

Mercy Killing
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Want to be griefed? Add a vote kick button. Problem compounded.

Umfafa
01-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Not if they make it so the person can't rejoin.

Enough of the people that put money into Trion's pockets demand it, it'll happen. Then you'll have to go back to popping the green goo boost early at all the darkfalls. (Because they put obstacles around the arkfalls so you couldn't drive your diaper truck around it).

Manstan
01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Not if they make it so the person can't rejoin.

Enough of the people that put money into Trion's pockets demand it, it'll happen. Then you'll have to go back to popping the green goo boost early at all the darkfalls. (Because they put obstacles around the arkfalls so you couldn't drive your diaper truck around it).

Nice attitude there.

Yrkul
01-06-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't think that's what he meant. What will stop griefers from abusing the function? Once my screen fills with flashing blue light I concentrate on that one arm and staying out of harm's way. I don't want to stop dead in my tracks and have to decide if I want Umfafa to get kicked or not.

In fact, with this function you can troll the entire instance with kick pop-ups. Like Mercy said: "Problem compounded".

Arsenic_Touch
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
While I would love it, it wouldn't work because there's nothing stopping a group of griefers from abusing it.
What Trion needs to do is develop a raid sized party with raid tools like every mmo before this game has done.
Why they decided to release a raid without party structure is just amazing.

Umfafa
01-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Simplest solution would be to make the locks not breakable until there is a full instance then.

(Maybe that was my original point?)

That's the only way they're able to grief it. Weapon effects are bothersome, but not a deal breaker. Busting off the locks with 5 people inside....then bouncing after they are broken (spidersmileyman is the user account, PC NA)......tells me what I need to know.

Edit. No kick user button, but make the locks untouchable until the instance is full. Problem really solved. The griefers can go back to popping the green boost early at darkfalls, by themselves.

Festival
01-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Might have to put a (long) timer on the unbreakable lock thing. After it runs out, and you still have an undersized group, you could still break the locks and fire away. That way, someone who dropped batteries wouldn't get completely screwed. But it should be a good long time.

Alternatively, if a long period goes by w/o a full or near-full instance, the batteries could be refunded and the arkbreak disappears.

Seizan
01-06-2014, 11:15 PM
While I would love it, it wouldn't work because there's nothing stopping a group of griefers from abusing it.
What Trion needs to do is develop a raid sized party with raid tools like every mmo before this game has done.
Why they decided to release a raid without party structure is just amazing.

Truth.......

Umfafa
01-06-2014, 11:24 PM
So there is a fix for the 12 year olds hopped up on mountain dew and skittles.

They aren't Leeroy Jenkins. Leeroy Jenkins was funny. These guys are just pathetic.

The only thing that made the diaper trucks go away was people *****ing about them driving in circles to get their 50,000 kills. So let's ***** about this and it'll go away. They can go **** with the darkfalls with each other and see how long that remains fun.

Fuzzy
01-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Simplest solution would be to make the locks not breakable until there is a full instance then.

(Maybe that was my original point?)

As much as I like your idea, I would vote against it.
In the nights, you just can't get 20 (24) people to get to play Warmasters. With a good, organized group we can down him with 8 people. In most cases, we need 15 or so. That instance isn't full. With your proposition, we would have to wait/couldn't beat the Warmaster at night because we couldn't shoot the locks.
During afternoon or evening where most people are online, I suppose it would be a good idea. In the nights, not so much. You cannot distinguish between afternoon and night. Sometimes a lot of people are online, sometimes not. The idea might be good but has flaws and you cannot overlook them.

duction
01-07-2014, 06:01 AM
This would be a horrid idea and could be abused, would you really get the whole room to vote the 1 person off before they shoot 4 locks? Good luck with that.

Manstan
01-07-2014, 10:34 AM
I am a racing game enthusiast; to bad the are no good F2P ones out any more. In one of those games they decided the best way to end known wreckers from greifing races was to have a lobby kick option. All this did was allow people to exploit the game and kick anyone that might report them.

Albion
01-07-2014, 10:47 AM
This would not work. I admit, I want to kick people in arkbreaks that use bug guns, bmg's, or crawl around on the ground waiting for a revive...but the potential for abuse is too great, and as mentioned already, who has time during the fight to stop and consider someone getting kicked? Most of the time you will just hit "yes" to get the message off your screen.

bigguy
01-07-2014, 11:45 AM
making it so you cant break the locks without a full room is awesome , we have a troll on ps3 named (something)wayne he enters the arkbreak and breaks the locks as fast as possible then leaves , for this reason i have converted to thinking only dlc owners should be allowed in because they want to win and this troll probably doesnt own the dlc

Arsenic_Touch
01-07-2014, 12:23 PM
It was a terrible idea for them to introduce a mechanic that can ruin the game for all players involved due to the actions of a single person. They need to do something to address this, and I don't want it to be increasing the timer or nerfing him. They need to buff the mobs in the first room, make it so it takes a lot more effort to open the instance up, that way it fills up completely.

Fuzzle
01-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Or maybe even just adding a mechanic so that the bottom room doesn't open up until there's at least 20 players?

Addendum: For PUGs at least. If they ever get a raid group mechanic in there I don't think this would be necessary for them, considering as few as 8 players have been able to down him when organized well enough.

Arsenic_Touch
01-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Or maybe even just adding a mechanic so that the bottom room doesn't open up until there's at least 20 players?

That was addressed earlier in the thread about why that idea is great in theory but not in application. Getting 20 in an arkbreak isn't always possible. The best possible solution is to extend the time it takes to actually open the floor to the bottom, that way more people have a chance to get in. I've had members sit at a load screen after entering in the time it took them to load in, the bottom would already be opened up. Which reminds me, that's another thing that they need to address, the load times.

Fuzzle
01-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Whoops, I briefly scanned through the thread looking to see if that was brought up but obviously I missed it.

And yes, the loading screens are atrocious. And we know it's not as Greg stated on a livestream that it's due to servers spinning up new instances, as even when loading an already created instance it takes forever (or rejoining one you were already in for that matter).

Umfafa
01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
So a couple of bad ideas then...at least the conversation has started.

Back when the morons were driving in circles around arkfalls to get their 50,000 kills....I had no idea they'd put chunks of debris in as a counter. Griefer fail, and cover as a bonus.

I'm sure Trion will come up with something to make the griefers fail in arkballs too. Suggestions are more than welcome.

I'll just make sure to do them with competent people from now on instead of dropping into one I see on the map. (Which is total BS).

How about a break locks vote? :P

Fuzzle
01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
How about a break locks vote? :P
That thought occurred to me as well. Like a ready check when you use the console to open the bottom, and if a majority doesn't agree it doesn't open.

I'm not sure how many people would still confirm with a less than full group anyway though.

Even a count on the UI would help I think. Just something to show how many players are in your arkbreak rather than having to look at "Nearby" in the quick menu and counting manually. At least then players might wonder "hey, what is that number up there for? Is it players? Should I wait until there is 24/24?"

crasher
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
That thought occurred to me as well. Like a ready check when you use the console to open the bottom, and if a majority doesn't agree it doesn't open.

I'm not sure how many people would still confirm with a less than full group anyway though.

Even a count on the UI would help I think. Just something to show how many players are in your arkbreak rather than having to look at "Nearby" in the quick menu and counting manually. At least then players might wonder "hey, what is that number up there for? Is it players? Should I wait until there is 24/24?"
That's part of the problem, right?
2 out of 3 people are inside and vote before other people have a chance to get inside thru the loading screen.....

Umfafa
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Well....in my mind the only people that would be motivated to grief it are people that can't use the rewarded weapons.

So a more strict concept would be to cut off the inside of the arkballs to anyone that hasn't paid for the DLC.

Think about it. Trion has paying customers being messed with by (more than likely) $5 ark hunters that have no intention of buying the DLCs.

So cut em off entirely. Let them do the outside if they want, but no more inside. Out in the backyard with the dog. No, the dog gets to keep his doghouse, they sleep in the rain.

melkathi
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Man... every person joining an Arkbreak who refuses to dancey dance will get kicked by Umfafa...
:P

Antavius
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Why not add a mechanic like in the group instances where everyone has to stand in the glowing circle and lights up the counter. Once it's lit then maybe they can pop the locks otherwise they're untargettable.

EDIT:

As mentioned previously, this game does need a raid tool as in many other MMO's.

Umfafa
01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Man... every person joining an Arkbreak who refuses to dancey dance will get kicked by Umfafa...
:P

LOL (10 char)

Atticus Batman
01-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Well....in my mind the only people that would be motivated to grief it are people that can't use the rewarded weapons.

So a more strict concept would be to cut off the inside of the arkballs to anyone that hasn't paid for the DLC.

Think about it. Trion has paying customers being messed with by (more than likely) $5 ark hunters that have no intention of buying the DLCs.

So cut em off entirely. Let them do the outside if they want, but no more inside. Out in the backyard with the dog. No, the dog gets to keep his doghouse, they sleep in the rain.

You would think, but there are plenty of griefers with the Dlc. They say do it for several reasons. Some because they hate having to share with non-dlcers, some because they hate seeing people using bad guns, some because they hate the crawlers, some because they feel they should be allowed to pick their one team, and more importantly, the ones who say " I used atleast one Ark spike so I have a right to grief and be a jerk just because I want to!".

Sonic7870
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
You would think, but there are plenty of griefers with the Dlc. They say do it for several reasons. Some because they hate having to share with non-dlcers, some because they hate seeing people using bad guns, some because they hate the crawlers, some because they feel they should be allowed to pick their one team, and more importantly, the ones who say " I used atleast one Ark spike so I have a right to grief and be a jerk just because I want to!".

While I like the idea of the kick button during arkbreaks I have to agree with what Atticus posted, it would allow people to unfairly kick others out just because people are using a bad/op weapon, people just not liking each other which would result in people getting angry with one another and turning the zone chat into an argument board. Huge shame really

Magickats242
01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
I kicked myself out of an WM arkbreak simply because there were only half a dozen people, and someone broke the locks.

Didn't feel like putting the effort.

crasher
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
What about:

A single person can only break a single lock.
A lockbreaker needs to be a DLC-2 owner.

??

Doesn't solve the other problems, and doesn't solve 4 DLC-2 owning griefers.

Fuzzle
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm not of the mindset to close it off to just DLC purchasers. I don't really consider that a solution at all.

I didn't have the DLC for several weeks when it first came out, and I never griefed, always used spikes and was always in the top on the scoreboards even when the chances of winning were pretty much nil. I doubt I was the singular example of that, and I'd hate to actually lock out other players like that, as the population of the game seems pretty low most of the time. Players definitely don't need the DLC to be helpful in there.

Trying to get 24 players, let alone 24 DLC owners might be difficult, and will only become more difficult as people become bored with the arkbreak, the game, or both.

I think it'd be more amusing if destroying a lock did return damage to the player(s) that shot it, so that you would have to have at least 3 people shooting each lock or it would instantly kill the one or two players that shot it. :p

Edit:

A single person can only break a single lock.
A lockbreaker needs to be a DLC-2 owner.

I could totally get behind that idea as well.

Telemachus
01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Why not add a mechanic like in the group instances where everyone has to stand in the glowing circle and lights up the counter. Once it's lit then maybe they can

EDIT:

As mentioned previously, this game does need a raid tool as in many other MMO's.

Players could still grief by not standing in the circle then.

Fuzzy
01-07-2014, 10:46 PM
How about people who stand still on top for more than 2 minutes get kicket out? The WM takes usually more than 2 minutes. If they stand still in the top room doing nothing, they can get kicket out.
That doesn't prevent people from shooting the locks to early (and I think this will always be a problem) but would at least be a solution for players who just join and then go afk because "the others will down the WM for sure".

Umfafa
01-08-2014, 01:51 AM
No, there's a distinct group of these *******s that shoot off the locks then leave.

Usually after dinnertime and before bedtime for the 14 year old North American kids.

See? I told all of you that giving every single one of them trophies for participation was gonna **** with their heads. In my day, we only got trophies if we were good at something.

Get off my lawn.

Fuzzy
01-08-2014, 03:54 AM
No, there's a distinct group of these *******s that shoot off the locks then leave.

Usually after dinnertime and before bedtime for the 14 year old North American kids.

See? I told all of you that giving every single one of them trophies for participation was gonna **** with their heads. In my day, we only got trophies if we were good at something.

Get off my lawn.

I wasn't aware of this being a huge issue on the NA servers. On the EU-servers we don't have a certain group (at least not that I'm aware of) that shoots the locks on purpose too early and then leaves.
We just have some people standing in the top room and doing nothing. That's not always the case but we saw it sometimes being the same person.
But if this is a huge problem on the NA servers, there should be found a solution. It lowers everyone's chance at defeating him and takes the fun out of the game =/