PDA

View Full Version : Reputation needs fixing.

Emzx99
01-07-2014, 02:49 AM
Getting reputation is an absolute chore. Not only am I forced to replay sections of the game I've done 1000 times before, I have to do it once a week for 2 months to be able to A. Get the achievement related with reputation points, and B. Buy something of use.

Echelon is a monumental task to rank up in, the MP is dead effectively putting it to random chance that you ever get the weekly, or daily, on top of that none of them are in Shadow War! What the hell? We need multiple weekly challenges for Echelon, or they need to give out way more reputation points. I want to grab the achievements in a reasonable time limit, but due to a dead population I'd probably grab the trusted rank by Echelon sometime next year, and that's if, and only if I get the right challenges, and if people play the right map.

Give us more rep, more ways to earn rep, more daily's, and weekly's, and fill the MP with bots so we can actually play it. I'm entitled to that content, why can't I ever play it?

Fix the reputation system, it's beyond broken. It shouldn't take months on end of playing 10 minutes a day for a challenge to get to a trusted rank. On top of that if you're doing Echelon you need to wait hours on end just to get a match, and possibly not the right one. Change the system so it can start using it again.

I'd like somebody from Trion to respond, I'd like to know that acquiring Echelon reputation is at least like to know that this massive issue is being looked at.

All I want is some rep, let me get the rep in a reasonable way. Bots in multiplayer maps would fix this problem so easily.

DanteYoda
01-07-2014, 03:05 AM
I seldom buy anything from Rep vendors it seems no where near as good as normal vendors or rewards.

duction
01-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Make items in the pvp rep vender really good, give pvp players more keys for playing pvp and it will bump up the players numbers, 1 key for waterfront is a joke.

Carrot and stick trion! Carrot... And.... Stick.

Tsort
01-07-2014, 03:22 AM
The wierdest part is you actually lose reputation by buying reputation items. It's nice to try and create an original system, but if I keep fighting for an organization AND buy goods from them at the same time, there's absolutely no reason why I should get stuck in "neutral" or "familiar". As it is, buying stuff lowers reputation, as if they resented selling their stuff !

Fuzzy
01-07-2014, 03:28 AM
The system actually "remembers" how many rep points you have.
When you spend something, the system knows how much points you had overall.
To get the trusted status, you have to earn overall 600 points. Doesn't matter if you spend something or not.
At least it was working this way with my second char. I spend rep points for the pursuits and thought "damnit, now I have to earn all of that again" but I didn't have to.
You won't lose your status by buying something from the vendors and you only have to get 600 points altogether (even though you might not see that). It's a bit confusing since you see nowhere how much points you have collected altogether but that's the way the system is working.

Emzx99
01-07-2014, 08:16 PM
To get the trusted status, you have to earn overall 600 points. Doesn't matter if you spend something or not.
At least it was working this way with my second char. I spend rep points for the pursuits and thought "damnit, now I have to earn all of that again" but I didn't have to.
You won't lose your status by buying something from the vendors and you only have to get 600 points altogether (even though you might not see that). It's a bit confusing since you see nowhere how much points you have collected altogether but that's the way the system is working.

I already know this, and I haven't bought a thing. Hell I've flat out not received any rep from completing the contracts.

In the end it doesn't change the fact that we need to be able to earn more rep, on a faster scale, ESPECIALLY in Echelon.

Nashtalia
01-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Echelon faction is the only faction i don't do contracts for

as i don't do the PvP match-making. i enjoy the free-roam PvE :3

Emzx99
01-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Well aren't you useless to have around then? Please, don't speak when you have nothing to say that's even remotely relevant.

Gazz
01-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Well aren't you useless to have around then? Please, don't speak when you have nothing to say that's even remotely relevant.

And the title of your thread is.............?

Tsort
01-08-2014, 01:27 AM

I just noticed that yesterday. I take back my statement then. But they shoud make it clearer, this is another part of the game that's really counter-intuitive for veteran players.

Emzx99
01-08-2014, 01:35 AM
And the title of your thread is.............?

Reputation needs fixing, it's relevant to the conversation because it's the topics main focus, and it's broken in the game. Again, don't talk if you can't say anything useful. I don't expect the ******ed apologists for this turd of a game to understand, but it's better if you just never spoke about the game again.

Heartlight
01-08-2014, 02:39 AM

Reputation needs fixing, it's relevant to the conversation because it's the topics main focus, and it's broken in the game. Again, don't talk if you can't say anything useful. I don't expect the ******ed apologists for this turd of a game to understand, but it's better if you just never spoke about the game again.

http://www.spowers.ca/sandbox/internetdw.jpg

Now on ignore and totally worth the time-out.

Alpha One
01-08-2014, 03:03 AM
I no what you mean its so frustrating and when you find a match 9 out of 10 times the screen freezes on the select menu until the match end aaaaaarrrrrrhhh!

Emzx99
01-08-2014, 06:55 AM
http://www.spowers.ca/sandbox/internetdw.jpg

Now on ignore and totally worth the time-out.

Another apologist for the useless, and of course adding more useless **** to conversation, how original. Interent **** wad is right, and you're wrong, and being a **** wad, regardless of it being true or not, doesn't make me wrong. Are all fans of this game naturally stupid? If you think someone is a prick, a fallacy isn't the way to prove it.

Back on topic the game is still down, and this is pathetic. No real reason for this to happen, besides negligence.

boom1234567890
01-08-2014, 07:05 AM
i might be wrong but i thought that they had one a long time ago to play 5 matched and 1 that was get 20 kills for 10 rep and a weekly of 50 kills for 50 rep .... what ever happened to them?

do they still have them?

inox2980
01-08-2014, 11:16 AM

I used to be heavily into PvP, but lately I'm taking a page from your book -- PvE all the way.

Tyrannos
01-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!