PDA

View Full Version : Next Playable Race....

Drunk
01-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Biomen!, u know its true and we're all gonna look like this!:cool:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/DrunkWookie/22_zps89373d69.jpg

crasher
01-07-2014, 08:43 PM

Combine that with a Canadian Samurai, and you might be onto something.

Nashtalia
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM
*pets derpy on the head*

always wanted to do it :3

Nashtalia
01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
any who, i will still be my current character [female-human]. if there is a new race on this DLC, will probly get this DLC....as i already have the Castithan and Arkbreaker.

since my character is of myself, that being: [Commander] Nashtalia [Shepard]

------

[Earthborn] - [Soldier] - [Sole-Survivor]

:3

Jet1337
01-07-2014, 08:57 PM
They're gonna infect your character and turn her into a zombie and you have to live with it! DLC4 true story!

Bakku
01-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Of all the races we could get, I'd probably play a bioman. (Sensoth too.) This guy's pretty cool:

http://ipadinsight.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Biomen.jpg

Looks awful here in the next picture though, don't think it's the same actor or make-up artist, but I was pretty sure it was the same character.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM4OTk0MjcwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1NDI2OQ@@._ V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Not a fan of this of this one either... :|

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c495fb180eb76bc64aefdcc7a21c22ef/tumblr_msz2gzQD2A1sojeovo1_500.jpg

Oh, and while I'm pretty sure we won't be getting biomen, here's something about Canada and Bioman that could be part of the DLC:

"An improbable alliance of former Biomen and Gulanee soldiers have overrun the city of Vancouver and declared British Columbia to be their own personal empire. "

http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map

Calysia
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
"An improbable alliance of former Biomen and Gulanee soldiers have overrun the city of Vancouver and declared British Columbia to be their own personal empire. "

The rest of British Columbia would likely have something to say about that...Vancouver is a very small part of it...not that there's anything even approaching logic in any of this.

DanteYoda
01-07-2014, 11:21 PM

If Biomen looked like Rogue Trooper then yep i'd play one..2000AD FTW

Nefarious
01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
How many Biomen you think have been produced? I don't think a species size amount. Plus Biomen have had individuality and independence removed to make them follow orders without questions. It wouldint make much lore sense to have players as Biomen doing as they please. idk, although I think Biomen are cool and totally short changed in terms of physical capability in the game and show -considering they where Earth Super Soldiers-, I think they should stay as non playable but get a boost and have their lore delved into some more.

Nefarious
01-07-2014, 11:34 PM
The rest of British Columbia would likely have something to say about that...Vancouver is a very small part of it...not that there's anything even approaching logic in any of this.

Who says the rest of British Columbia is even intact. Probably get terraformed and messed up a great deal just like everything else...wasteland.

Ambelina
01-07-2014, 11:39 PM
How many Biomen you think have been produced? I don't think a species size amount. Plus Biomen have had individuality and independence removed to make them follow orders without questions. It wouldint make much lore sense to have players as Biomen doing as they please. idk, although I think Biomen are cool and totally short changed in terms of physical capability in the game and show -considering they where Earth Super Soldiers-, I think they should stay as non playable but get a boost and have their lore delved into some more.

Yes, I concur!

Bakku
01-08-2014, 12:39 AM
How many Biomen you think have been produced? I don't think a species size amount.

"Biomen are separated into different batches, named after U.S. presidents and each bioman is branded with individual serial numbers."

As far as we know, serial numbers go as far as six digits, it's POSSIBLE that there are hundreds of thousands of biomen.

Plus Biomen have had individuality and independence removed to make them follow orders without questions. It wouldint make much lore sense to have players as Biomen doing as they please.

"Biomen have a genetic decree programmed into them, which was done to remove all individuality and independence and make them follow orders without questions, however some strains can exhibit these undesirable traits."

http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Biomen

epsire
01-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Hold your blue Hulks, my vote's for Indogenes (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/885254803765888101/B6E14C6E9ABBDE7C6A46547937CDED758ED07621/). <3

Zigo Sid
01-08-2014, 02:44 AM
My vote's for Indogenes too and Sensoths !

Sonic7870
01-08-2014, 05:47 AM
I like the idea of playable biomen in terms of story lore I'm not sure what to think I would guess that a number of biomen lines went missing during the pale wars and have been reprogrammed by persons unknown to find ark tech. But my money would be on playable sensoths and indogenes

hardy83
01-08-2014, 07:43 AM
If we ever do get a new race, I fully expect it to be either a smaller version of the blue biomen, or the Tork style Sensoth.

Both of them have to fit the current "frame" of player size.
So Liberata would probably be out of the question.

I'd also say Indogene and Gulanee races, but both of those are suppose to be small in number, i.e. Endangered because not many came over for the ride.
Unless another functional ship shows up in the mythos that has a bunch of them. It wouldn't be out of the question that more ships would show up.

inox2980
01-08-2014, 07:58 AM
My vote is Sensoth -- makes the most sense in the current lore. And, of course, we'll all be equipped with ROXI rocket launchers :)

DanteYoda
01-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Canadian Samurai ... i joke..

Tsort
01-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Canadian Samurai ... i joke..
Well they did say alien Canadian samourais...

Atticus Batman
01-08-2014, 05:42 PM
My vote's for Indogenes too and Sensoths !

Indogenes aren't fighters so it's not likely our Ark hunters will be Indogene.

Seizan
01-08-2014, 11:30 PM
If they do ever add Biomen as a playable race, then they need to add in one more customization option: neck thickness.

Btw, the words Samurai and Canadian should never be in the same sentence. :p

epsire
01-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Indogenes aren't fighters so it's not likely our Ark hunters will be Indogene.
You truly believes that no Indogene may have combat training and implants? The only 'special' thing about Indogenes is that they are intelligent. So they has to have their own racial fighters to protect their own racial interests. Besides, smart fighter with combat implants is a most deadly one.

Sanguinesun
01-09-2014, 12:44 AM
The next playable race is a moose. I'd've thought that was obvious at this point. :P

Bane_Of_Legends
01-09-2014, 07:11 AM
You truly believes that no Indogene may have combat training and implants? The only 'special' thing about Indogenes is that they are intelligent. So they has to have their own racial fighters to protect their own racial interests. Besides, smart fighter with combat implants is a most deadly one.

Indogenes "value science and knowledge above all else", meaning that you'd find a great deal more doctors and scientists, than you would warriors. In a way, you can compare them to Salarians from the Mass Effect series. The Salarians have combat capability, but they are very weak and despite the fact that their brains work faster and harder than any other species, they can be easily beaten down by any of the other humanoid species. Plainly evident because Mordin has to be the worst party member ever to take into a firefight. To counteract this, they have special task forces that deal in sabotage, espionage, and assassination, things that don't necessarily require face to face combat. I'd expect the same from such a seemingly fragile species as the Indogenes.

Also. The deadliest fighter is the one with his finger on the red button.

Bane_Of_Legends
01-09-2014, 07:12 AM
The next playable race is a moose. I'd've thought that was obvious at this point. :P

A moose riding a flying jetski that trails rainbows and shoots mini ponies.

crasher
01-09-2014, 08:04 AM
A moose riding a flying jetski that trails rainbows and shoots mini ponies.

I take exception, Sir.

It is reprehensible to advocate mini ponies being shot AT, WITH or OUT OF anything.

Thank you for your support in this matter.

jadestone
01-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Combine that with a Canadian Samurai, and you might be onto something.

Just to set the record straight the 7th Legion are not Canadian ... they just marched through Canada and ended up in Manhattan. Someone in a previous note deduced that the Legion probably originated from Washington State. Also, Canadians are very quiet and polite ...... they don't like being in the limelight! (lol)

epsire
01-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Indogenes "value science and knowledge above all else", meaning that you'd find a great deal more doctors and scientists, than you would warriors. In a way, you can compare them to Salarians from the Mass Effect series. The Salarians have combat capability, but they are very weak and despite the fact that their brains work faster and harder than any other species, they can be easily beaten down by any of the other humanoid species. Plainly evident because Mordin has to be the worst party member ever to take into a firefight. To counteract this, they have special task forces that deal in sabotage, espionage, and assassination, things that don't necessarily require face to face combat. I'd expect the same from such a seemingly fragile species as the Indogenes.

The point about salarians is that they are weak. I mean, physically. But even then their "sabotage teams" are capable to openly fight multiple hostiles(remember Virmire). Mordin is a bad example 'cos he's more scientist than fighter. If you want a salarian fighter example go to this (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/25628/2431951-captain_kirrahe_02_by_johntesh-d4vlotg.jpg) fellow.
Returning to physically weakness i don't remember it was ever mentioned about Indogenes. Point me if i'm wrong. Plus they're all(or most) augmented. Plus it'll be an Arkhunter, and as far as i know this guys are walking their own paths often different than racial ones.
Back in ME we've seen some salarian thugs and bandits, who was fighting Shepard openly using assault rifles, grenades and all that. So what could stop the Indogenes? :)

B_Draco
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Of all the races we could get, I'd probably play a bioman. (Sensoth too.) This guy's pretty cool:

http://ipadinsight.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Biomen.jpg

Sooooo... We're gonna look like smurfs amped up on roids with thunder thighs? That is if this happens.

Bane_Of_Legends
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
The point about salarians is that they are weak. I mean, physically. But even then their "sabotage teams" are capable to openly fight multiple hostiles(remember Virmire). Mordin is a bad example 'cos he's more scientist than fighter. If you want a salarian fighter example go to this (http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/25628/2431951-captain_kirrahe_02_by_johntesh-d4vlotg.jpg) fellow.
Returning to physically weakness i don't remember it was ever mentioned about Indogenes. Point me if i'm wrong. Plus they're all(or most) augmented. Plus it'll be an Arkhunter, and as far as i know this guys are walking their own paths often different than racial ones.
Back in ME we've seen some salarian thugs and bandits, who was fighting Shepard openly using assault rifles, grenades and all that. So what could stop the Indogenes? :)

Those Salarians are protected by shields (possible in this game), armor (not in this game), and barriers (not in this game). So your Indogene would have 1/3 the survival capability of a Salarian. And Salarians do get squashed pretty easily. But I don't denounce your choice to want to play as an Indogene. Just saying why it probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Bane_Of_Legends
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Sooooo... We're gonna look like smurfs amped up on roids with thunder thighs? That is if this happens.

Who wouldn't wanna play as papa smurf? :D

Bakku
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Those Salarians are protected by shields (possible in this game), armor (not in this game), and barriers (not in this game). So your Indogene would have 1/3 the survival capability of a Salarian. And Salarians do get squashed pretty easily. But I don't denounce your choice to want to play as an Indogene. Just saying why it probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Of all the races we could get, I think indogenes are actually the most likely. People make a mistake sometimes of believing that every single member of X race is exactly as the race is described, when the description is just an example of what a typical member may be like. There are ALWAYS exceptions.

Personally I do believe that some indogenes are "warrior" types. Why would a race work so hard to create new technology like weapons and then refuse to use said weapons when the time comes, instead just handing them off to races like the Castithans...? That doesn't make any sense at all. If you were pacifists, why make things that kill?

Not to mention that the game DEFINITELY supports less "brutish" types. We've got snipers, cloakers of all kinds, bio-matter gun medics, infector scientists-... And then you've got the fact that indogenes have all of those implants which could do just about anything, do you really think that a race built around having implants wouldn't have ones for strength, survivability, etc. ?

And the math for the Indogene / Salarian survival capability is kind of ridiculous. Comparing races from other games at all is laughable, because the technology is different. Our shields are what we've got, and they're all that stands in the way of a bullet going through our skull whether we're an irathient, a human or an indogene. There isn't anything that makes any one race less capable of taking a bullet to the head. If anything, though, an indogene implant for faster regeneration or quicker reflexes could easily be what saves your life.

Deunan
01-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Neither Biomen nor Sensoths are going to be playable because of mesh - size incompatibility. I remember reading something about this in another thread and it being attributed to what someone from Trion had stated.

Indogene are supposed to be rare with the smallest population among all the Votan races. They're also supposed to have Indogene manufactured implants that are made for their profession and their profession is always predetermined. While anything is possible it doesn't make a lot of sense to have player Indogenes in the game with no non-EGO implant abilities but that's the only way they can be rolled if Trion is going to be consistent in making choice of race irrelevant from a game mechanics POV.

Bakku
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Supposed to be rare, and yet people have theorized that this could potentially be an indogene cloning facility:

"A region of Indogene crystal-rock formations stretches from Alberta to Saskatchewan – dubbed the Canadian Desert. No animal can survive in this brittle and desolate region, save for a few dangerous species of aliencreatures indigenous to the planet Daribo in the Votanis System. Upon hearing about these wonders, Indogene scientists made a pilgrimage to see it for themselves. They discovered a crashed Ark near the ruins of Edmonton, and went in to explore. No one knows what they found inside that ship, but the Indogenes immediately erected a barrier around it, threatening to kill anyone who came within miles of their find. These rogue Indogenes have been working around the clock on the ship ever since. For what purpose, no one knows."
--http://www.defiance.com/en/series/world-of-2046/2046-map

Rogue indogenes-... Rogue Castithans (Thorn Liro from DLC1)... Sounds like it's possible to me. Yeah, indogenes are the most rare of the votans. But the playable Castithans are a rogue minority, themselves.

Just because they have previous profession-specific implants doesn't mean they can't get those removed or obtain new ones like the EGO. It may not make sense, to you, now, but yes, everything IS possible and pretty much everything CAN make sense. There's no reason that anything about the indogenes would prevent them from potentially being added.

In lore it says they sent their best and brightest on the arks, they no doubt brought along implants that would allow them to adapt to their situation. I don't see them as even remotely stupid, they would know that things could go south, and that they'd need to be prepared to swap out brain-enhancing implants for aim, strength or agility enhancing ones. (This wouldn't bring them above other players, it would allow them to make up for any shortcomings they may have.)
(...due to their ability to analyze and adapt to any situation.) http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/File:Defiance_ecard_indo_01C.jpg

I don't know where you got that their profession is always predetermined. This seems to contradict the idea: "They are given a short name at birth and later take a second name dependent on their implant and their profession." There's also this... "An Indogene’s role is assigned to them after their childhood education and a series of extensive tests and capability reviews." And that's not to say that they can't "quit" and do something else. Doc Yewll wasn't always "Doc", if you remember her speech she gave to Nicolette about becoming a healer.

Not to mention that, again, the playable Castithans of the Thorn Liro have said "@#$% YOU" to the liro system. Nothing at all stopping playable Indogenes from doing the same, putting whatever implant they want into their body and doing whatever they want with it.

Atticus Batman
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I take exception, Sir.

It is reprehensible to advocate mini ponies being shot AT, WITH or OUT OF anything.

Thank you for your support in this matter.

So are you stating that you are NOT a deadly pony then?

Drunk
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Neither Biomen nor Sensoths are going to be playable because of mesh - size incompatibility. I remember reading something about this in another thread and it being attributed to what someone from Trion had stated.

Indogene are supposed to be rare with the smallest population among all the Votan races. They're also supposed to have Indogene manufactured implants that are made for their profession and their profession is always predetermined. While anything is possible it doesn't make a lot of sense to have player Indogenes in the game with no non-EGO implant abilities but that's the only way they can be rolled if Trion is going to be consistent in making choice of race irrelevant from a game mechanics POV.

Why don't they just add the indo's as a playable race but add the race change to the defiance store. Am sure that would stick with cannon, i mean less people are gonna fork out for it so means smaller number and all that jazz lincoln!:confused:

Bakku
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
I still see a pretty small number of castithans. Adding them as a part of a payed DLC and so late in the game is enough to keep the game from being overwhelmed by the golf ball heads, we don't need them to be a micro-transaction all on their own.

DanteYoda
01-09-2014, 04:35 PM
I would even be interested in Raiders, 99ers, mutants etc, rogue Dark Matter(which is pretty moot) even humanoid scrappers could work however implausible.

Are all Sensoths Torcs size? or do they vary in size etc, I'm not well versed in Defiance's lore like some are.

Is Varus a Sensoth too? and aren't there pure energy Votans.

Atticus Batman
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
I would even be interested in Raiders, 99ers, mutants etc, rogue Dark Matter(which is pretty moot) even humanoid scrappers could work however implausible.

Are all Sensoths Torcs size? or do they vary in size etc, I'm not well versed in Defiance's lore like some are.

Varus is Liberata. And the pure energy ones are Gulinee, like in I think Explosions 101 with it's boss.

Bakku
01-09-2014, 05:42 PM

Mutants = Crazy. (And disgusting looking.)
Raiders = Crazy. (And just votans with punky gear.)
99ers = Crazy. (And just humans / some votans with cybernetic implants ALLLLL over.)
Dark Matter = Slightly less crazy. (And just votans with certain types of armor.)

Humanoid scrappers though-... That is an interesting thought, kind of. I won't say that it could never happen, but I'm not sure how plausible it really is, taking the story into account.

Sensoths come in different shapes and sizes, this is in the lore. Some are huge and more gorilla-like (the ones in the show) and others are more human-proportioned, like Torc Mok. Obviously if we got sensoths they would be Torc-shaped, because you can't fit show-sized or raider-sized sensoths into what we have to work with in-game.

As Batman said, Varus is a Liberata, they evolved on the same planet as Sensoths and Irathients, but they're much much shorter and have a number of other distinguishing features. It's said that they're very humble now, being a "servant class", so while that's one more "strike" against them potentially being arkhunters, I think it would be cool if Trion/Syfy found a way to bring them into the action.

Here's one from the show:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3570138870/c6ff13fe66e4fba2bc20c635b3f696cd.jpeg

And here's one I drew (not very well).

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/514422/pics/original/2301370.jpg

DanteYoda
01-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Mutants = Crazy. (And disgusting looking.)
Raiders = Crazy. (And just votans with punky gear.)
99ers = Crazy. (And just humans / some votans with cybernetic implants ALLLLL over.)
Dark Matter = Slightly less crazy. (And just votans with certain types of armor.)

Humanoid scrappers though-... That is an interesting thought, kind of. I won't say that it could never happen, but I'm not sure how plausible it really is, taking the story into account.

Sensoths come in different shapes and sizes, this is in the lore. Some are huge and more gorilla-like (the ones in the show) and others are more human-proportioned, like Torc Mok. Obviously if we got sensoths they would be Torc-shaped, because you can't fit show-sized or raider-sized sensoths into what we have to work with in-game.

As Batman said, Varus is a Liberata, they evolved on the same planet as Sensoths and Irathients, but they're much much shorter and have a number of other distinguishing features. It's said that they're very humble now, being a "servant class", so while that's one more "strike" against them potentially being arkhunters, I think it would be cool if Trion/Syfy found a way to bring them into the action.

Here's one from the show:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3570138870/c6ff13fe66e4fba2bc20c635b3f696cd.jpeg

And here's one I drew (not very well).

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/514422/pics/original/2301370.jpg

Looks good to me, better than i can do these days.

Yea figured Scrappers really can look like anything the AI running it wants them to look like, AI in humanoid body?

I personally like the 99ers and Mutants, i'd love a little more back story on those.. Dark matter and Raiders yeah basically the same as us..

Explosion 101 the Raiders boss at the end in a radiation suit was a Gulinee!

Thanks Atticus Batman and Bakku for the lore information.