PDA

View Full Version : Defiance strike day

Nauto Unzi
01-09-2014, 04:33 AM
You think maybe if we just picked one day where few people as possible played the game, they'd actually start listening to some of issues, especially with the Major Arkfail problems?

epsire
01-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Oh, come on...

Danke
01-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Maybe if more than 1/10th of the population actually read the forums. just maybe, but considering how long it has taken to educate the masses in game to not kill skitterlings or waste hulker juices, and most recently to not shoot the locks and count to 24 maybe you should try winning the lotto then buying the rights to defiance yourself :)

Which one do you think has better odds...

DIS
01-09-2014, 04:46 AM
A few problems, right off the bat. One, you would not get enough people to make a noticeable difference. Two, one day of even half activity, would not bother Trion, they don't make money from us being logged in, they make it from us buying bits, which people will continue to do regardless of your protest. Three, a lot of people complain but are overall fairly satisfied with the state of the game.

On a side note, if you have played other MMO games on PC, you should realize that big names like WoW were not nearly this stable and polished at 9 months in, so Trion is doing a pretty good job. We can not have everything done instantly and to everyone's satisfaction. I do however suggest that if you have the coding skills to fix the problems you ask Trion to hire you so you can go in and fix everything overnight.

Maixx
01-09-2014, 04:53 AM
While I'm 100% into getting Trion to fix their ****.
I do not see this being in any way effective, its not like a work strike that costs a business money through lost production, and Defiance is not a pay per use game that would cost Trion money through by not having any sign on.

All this would do is screw over the players that did log in.
And your just going to irritate others by dictating when they can play by trying to organize something.

Escyos
01-09-2014, 06:22 AM
The ideas that show up on these forums are getting worse...

Sanguinesun
01-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Could always order online from Maplesyrupworld some of their "Moose Droppings" and mail them to Redwood too :P Perhaps that would sweeten the protesting deal.

Bonehead
01-09-2014, 06:56 AM
You think maybe if we just picked one day where few people as possible played the game, they'd actually start listening to some of issues, especially with the Major Arkfail problems?

Honestly, no.

crasher
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Go back to the beginning date on the forums here, and read some of the posts by all those people who's names you never see anymore.

Notice how much fun they were having, in spite of release day glitches, and the enthusiasm they expressed.
Notice, too, how long they held on, mustering hope, begging for Dev help and communication.

Now actually note how many of them you no longer see here.

Also note how much community and knowledge they took with them when they just couldn't play through the endless problems *with little to no Dev support*.

Every day is "Defiance strike day" for those people.

Bonehead
01-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Go back to the beginning date on the forums here, and read some of the posts by all those people who's names you never see anymore.

Notice how much fun they were having, in spite of release day glitches, and the enthusiasm they expressed.
Notice, too, how long they held on, mustering hope, begging for Dev help and communication.

Now actually note how many of them you no longer see here.

Also note how much community and knowledge they took with them when they just couldn't play through the endless problems *with little to no Dev support*.

Every day is "Defiance strike day" for those people.

As much as I believed I would be one who stayed until the last dog died, I can feel my day coming.

Manstan
01-09-2014, 07:15 AM
This is an old tactic and only works in a siege like way. As in log out indefinitely. Everyone would have to stay off for days, maybe weeks.

But that wouldn't work for a game. Wouldn't surprise me if there isn't some set number that once the population gets below, they will just close it down.

Possibilities that you can try; and I hope this doesn't get me in hot water, I am and have always been a rabble rouser. Contact Trion directly. Start a twitter campaign. Drive to the actual offices. Or just be patient and hope they get it all fixed by the next season of the show. Could be there is little money in the defiance coffers till money is allocated for the show; or from the show. Remember the show only did marginally better then the game.

Still, the game has the propensity to be a great MMO. The biggest issue; as i have said before, is getting it to work cross platform. Would be easier if Sony and microsoft actually spoke to each other; in more ways the one lol

Tallon
01-09-2014, 07:17 AM
I don't think they would even notice.

crasher
01-09-2014, 07:17 AM
As much as I believed I would be one who stayed until the last dog died, I can feel my day coming.
::le sigh::

I hope I recognize your account, in future, on some other server somewhere, buddy....

MagnusRune Daltus
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Maybe if more than 1/10th of the population actually read the forums. just maybe, but considering how long it has taken to educate the masses in game to not kill skitterlings or waste hulker juices, and most recently to not shoot the locks and count to 24 maybe you should try winning the lotto then buying the rights to defiance yourself :)

Which one do you think has better odds... what are 'hulker juices' ? is it the green stuff at dark matter ark falls?

crasher
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM

what are 'hulker juices' ? is it the green stuff at dark matter ark falls?
Yes.

hey u
01-09-2014, 10:06 AM

I'm starting to think Trion Doesn't give a rats *** about their game or us. I don't even think if nobody logged on for weeks on end they still wouldn't even notice or care. Maybe with less people playing the game on their servers maybe Trion could do some work and figure out what is going on and apply some fixes?

crasher
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm starting to think Trion Doesn't give a rats *** about their game or us. I don't even think if nobody logged on for weeks on end they still wouldn't even notice or care. Maybe with less people playing the game on their servers maybe Trion could do some work and figure out what is going on and apply some fixes?
You think server traffic stops the codemonkeys from fixing bugs?
You think codemonkeys who don't actually play the game can spontaneously FIND the bugs?

hey u
01-09-2014, 11:13 AM
You think server traffic stops the codemonkeys from fixing bugs?
You think codemonkeys who don't actually play the game can spontaneously FIND the bugs?

That is why I put maybe. I should have done MAYBE all cap it and at this point I really don't know what to think anymore sad and all my hope I had is all but gone now... tear rolls down my face

Kenshin X
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM

Same here.

Always thought I would be a Day 1 until the end player.

But man, they make it tough. As a 5k Ego character, and disliking having to "make a new one" there is nothing to do these days..

Can we get some bonus to our high ego, besides the inability to trade with people? Or a chat PLEASE? thats never worked since release week....

Warmaster...beat him 50 times now....his weapons are a dime a dozen, I cant even sell them for 5000 scrip...honestly. His area was just a re-hashed NIM level...I wanted a ship to EXPLORE, with different levels to it.....not a boss area previously played...

Please DLC #3....give me back the love and awe you first inspired when I played Defiance...or at least some small piece of it.

B_Draco
01-09-2014, 11:35 AM

This game is free to play, so why do a strike? Plus if people dont play, Trion could easily shut the severs down due to low player population...

lrf1964
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I have found that if yo deal directly with Trion on their website, they are eager to address issues. Try bringing your concerns there.

B_Draco
01-09-2014, 11:55 AM
I have found that if yo deal directly with Trion on their website, they are eager to address issues. Try bringing your concerns there.

I actually laughed at the notion that Trion cares.:)

DanteYoda
01-09-2014, 05:16 PM
If you've played the game lately, you'd know its like that every day in Defiance, pretty dead.

Slaytanical
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Well friend.....

the best way to "strike" would be to not spend any money for in game items. or refuse to buy the just announced

dlc 3 ... that's what really will snap attention from em. i'd like to see some numbers if only for 5 seconds of how cas charge did vs arkbreaker sales wise...

7th leigon? alien space samurai's ??? i was not on the fence to begin with. but now after the lame current dlc...

this time around gonna feel the water this time before jumping in with the old credit card..... if it lacks storyline and more expansive missions than arkbreaker.....

pretty safe bet to say for me at least....... just like baseball 3 strikes and im out.

for the 10 bucks i could easily buy some other game that will provide more than 20 minutes worth of mission content :D