PDA

View Full Version : question for trion, surge bolters nerf

four
01-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Any word yet on if or when the surge bolters will be nerfed? Also, did you guys nerf the co-op maps? Curious because they are exponentially easier since Arkbreaker released.

inox2980
01-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Any word yet on if or when the surge bolters will be nerfed? Also, did you guys nerf the co-op maps? Curious because they are exponentially easier since Arkbreaker released.

Were you doing the Co-Op map with a Surge Bolter? :) I can tell you, SB's make Co-Op maps a shooting gallery and nothing else.

In all seriousness, this could be related to the same reduction in difficulty in the over world. Most folks have noticed that, for example, standard Dark Matter enemies are much easier than they used to be. They have gone from pinpoint killing machines to easy pushovers. Bulwarks especially were certain death if you stood in front of them (between their pulse laser/missile attacks), but now are as tame as any other enemy.

I would be interested in an official answer from Trion about what is going on with the difficulty. Anyone?

four
01-10-2014, 08:37 AM
No, lol. i haven't used surge bolters yet but just got one yesterday and wondering if I should keep it for fun or if they are going to Nerf them like everyone wants them to. And yeah I completely agree, everything seems like the difficulty was severed in half. Only challenge is 10 or more volge IF you're alone lol.

maverick07
01-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Yep, it's not even just the SB and the enemy scaling nerfs, but throw in all the other buffs we got to stuff over the last few months too? I really want Trion to address this.

four
01-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Yep, it's not even just the SB and the enemy scaling nerfs, but throw in all the other buffs we got to stuff over the last few months too? I really want Trion to address this.

ahh yeah I dont know why I didn't think of all the damage buffs. They need to have more than just one hard to kill boss who, in actuality, is becoming easier to kill every day

bigguy
01-10-2014, 08:43 AM
i understand that the charge snipers are now OP but my problem is trion doesnt know what amount to buff or nerf things i can see the charge snipers going the way of the immunizer and getting nerfed into the ground

bigdawg21180
01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Yea exactly the semi autos were fine dmg wise IMHO. All they needed was a seperate ammo pool with maybe a 150 reserve.

four
01-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Yea exactly the semi autos were fine dmg wise IMHO. All they needed was a seperate ammo pool with maybe a 150 reserve.

yeah that's what I always said, they should have at least 100

Tekrunner
01-10-2014, 09:15 AM

Heh, right as you were posting this I was writing a detailed post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?145947-PvE-has-become-too-easy) about this very issue.

wartitan
01-10-2014, 09:25 AM
No, lol. i haven't used surge bolters yet but just got one yesterday and wondering if I should keep it for fun or if they are going to Nerf them like everyone wants them to. And yeah I completely agree, everything seems like the difficulty was severed in half. Only challenge is 10 or more volge IF you're alone lol.

Ironically, with an SB it's not even really a challenge to take on Volge siege anymore by yourself. It was so dead on the servers yesterday during the day that I waited 5 minutes outside of the Volge @ North Point for people to show up, and no one did. So I pulled out my trusty splitshot, started the siege and went the entire 15 minutes railing Volge, only downing once. Now granted it got a bit overwhelming at wave 6 by myself, but was easy enough to use cover and continue railing away on them.

I guess you could consider that because I used cover I was challenged :) But I really don't consider it a challenge as much as having to play the way this game should have been intended to be played.....tactically.

inox2980
01-10-2014, 09:28 AM
i understand that the charge snipers are now OP but my problem is trion doesnt know what amount to buff or nerf things i can see the charge snipers going the way of the immunizer and getting nerfed into the ground

Let's not talk about immunizers - I've pulled two OJ ones recently and let's just say I'm way underwhelmed (and sad.)

four
01-10-2014, 09:33 AM
I used to play tactically all the time using different perks and powers, now its basically everyone use spikes and overcharge to kill the WM. I wish there was more to that boss fight but oh well...

inox2980
01-10-2014, 10:45 AM
I used to play tactically all the time using different perks and powers, now its basically everyone use spikes and overcharge to kill the WM. I wish there was more to that boss fight but oh well...

WM = DPS race, plain and simple.

four
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah, and it's a shame. Perhaps expectations were just too high

megathron
01-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the gaming of the new era, same goes for 40 man raids, hard raid encounters,hard anything..they are all lost to time and not needed. Its the way of the masses, easy wham bam thank you mam!

As for surge bolters..you still gotta aim so nothing so op about them just the damage and the hip fire accuracy.. so what no big deal . Think about games with aimbots, exploits and other hacks to worry about. This is nothing.

I suggest buffing all weapons to be honest, they plain suck like bb guns compared to the surge bolters. Increase the number of enemies in sieges and co-ops and make it a fun shooting gallery instead of turning all weapons to a joke..

for haters..idgaf :)