PDA

View Full Version : So, I apparently missed all the discussion of Twitch Live Streams on Fridays?

crasher
01-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Whats the story, TRION?

Beular?
Beular?

dahanese
01-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Not sure what you mean by that. They were on hiatus for the holiday and are coming back!

Also, it's Bueller. :P

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Beular?
Beular?

it's Bueller. :P

http://internationalhouseofgeek.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/6473van_damme_bloodsport_blind2.gif

crasher
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Not sure what you mean by that. They were on hiatus for the holiday and are coming back!

1.) Figured the holidays were over.
2.) I did a quick look-up and got hits on that speeling so I went with it. Haven't seen it since opening W/E. Lazy is bad.

C.) Thanks for both.

DIS
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Coming back as in today? Please don't tell me I have to wait another week.

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-10-2014, 11:37 AM
I want to know if the charge rifles that still do not pop with a nano will be fixed so they do pop with a nano at the vender or any place else.

If a new topic about question for live stream is made today please add my question to it.

dahanese
01-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Coming back as in today? Please don't tell me I have to wait another week.

Yes, today. Both Greg and I have been battling the plague (as has most of the country, I do believe) so things were dicey but I think we'll be fine - if not a bit sniffly!

justifiable187
01-10-2014, 11:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64

Market
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes, today. Both Greg and I have been battling the plague (as has most of the country, I do believe) so things were dicey but I think we'll be fine - if not a bit sniffly!

What time is the snifflefest going down today? lol

dahanese
01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
What time is the snifflefest going down today? lol

1:30 PM is when RIFT starts - so 2:45 PM for Defiance.

Market
01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
1:30 PM is when RIFT starts - so 2:45 PM for Defiance.

Thanks, Dah! Just blow your nose into Greg's beard and all will be good! haha

DanteYoda
01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Where do we go to watch these events?

Prolly missed it being Aussie.

justifiable187
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Where do we go to watch these events?

Prolly missed it being Aussie.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Waht? They are drinking beers on the job!

crasher
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Waht? They are drinking beers on the job!
FreeFormFriday.

Where you been?

Deunan
01-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Yes, today. Both Greg and I have been battling the plague (as has most of the country, I do believe) so things were dicey but I think we'll be fine - if not a bit sniffly!Pfft! If I can come in to work with a 102-104 fever every day for the entire week you can manage some sniffles!

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
FreeFormFriday.

Where you been?

idk whats going on. But they are showing some Legos World game instead of Defiance.

crasher
01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
idk whats going on. But they are showing some Legos World game instead of Defiance.
3 part show now.
RIFT
TROVE
DEFI

Bonehead
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Pfft! If I can come in to work with a 102-104 fever every day for the entire week you can manage some sniffles!

I don't think that's a good idea Ms Knute. 104 temp is not something to try to "walk off".

Umfafa
01-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Is this saved for a stream later? It's buffering so much it's unwatchable live

Bonehead
01-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Is this saved for a stream later? It's buffering so much it's unwatchable live

Yea I had that problem too.
I know Trick was saying stuff I wanted to hear but I couldn't make any sense of anything that was said.

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 04:31 PM
7 new synergies

new shield abilities

new sword

new world event

chat update in the new dlc

mod hoards from vendors will give packs of 4, 1 for each weapon slot.

new maps for a future update

*lagged out what was said about breaking items down in claim section*

They are doing recordings for upcoming crossover events.

Anything else worth mentioning? It lagged out and I needed to restart it a few times.

Hyperion5182
01-10-2014, 04:39 PM
7 new synergies

new shield abilities

new sword

new world event

chat update in the new dlc

mod hoards from vendors will give packs of 4, 1 for each weapon slot.

new maps for a future update

*lagged out what was said about breaking items down in claim section*

They are doing recordings for upcoming crossover events.

Anything else worth mentioning? It lagged out and I needed to restart it a few times.

Hardmode Effectively confirmed.

Raid Controls on warmaster at some point but not any time soon it sounds like. So suffering pugs and the trolls is all we got sadly.

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 04:42 PM

ehhh, Trick laughed about it but how would that even work? Have a hard mode server type?

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-10-2014, 04:47 PM

Raid Controls on warmaster at some point but not any time soon it sounds like. So suffering pugs and the trolls is all we got sadly.

So nothing about some charge weapons being fixed that dont pop with nano? -_-

Like Nefarious I missed part of the stream I had my kinect on and trick gave my xbox a command that sent me some where on twich. Took awhile to find the stream since it didnt get labeled as defiance.

I think for that Trick ows me that Purple VBI PSR 7 Cyclone with Syphon and assassin synergy I have been looking for. Please???

Market
01-10-2014, 04:53 PM

I don't think this is broken. I'm going strictly by memory here as I can't remember where I heard it, but I think those weapons aren't supposed to have a nano. I could be totally wrong on this so don't take my word for it. I thought they said at some point on a previous livestream that it was intended, but since I can't find it, I don't want to say this like it's fact.

They're working on a better format for favorites and the claim section so that we won't have to leave drops on the ground anymore. He said that they were working on making this happen for the DLC3 patch, but should that go awry, it will follow soon after.

He agreed with me that the favorite system as it stands is clunky and wants to make (bear with my explanation here) the menu remember where you are in the list after you break an item down so that it will no longer jump to the top of the list each time.

The detonator question asked by Arsenic earlier was expanded upon in answer to a question I asked specifically about the ground pounder effects. Currently, the first three or four ground pounder shells fired are the only ones that splinter and explode. This is being addressed in the near future as well.

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't think this is broken. I'm going strictly by memory here as I can't remember where I heard it, but I think those weapons aren't supposed to have a nano. I could be totally wrong on this so don't take my word for it. I thought they said at some point on a previous livestream that it was intended, but since I can't find it, I don't want to say this like it's fact.

I would think this is correct if not for the fact the new charges and some of old get nanos agian

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 05:26 PM
I want to know what the 7 new synergies will be. That's a lot. They are probably going to bring back Corrosive. What could the other 6 be?

Ice/Crystal? nano? Self explanatory.

uhmm...

Explosive/Concussion blast nano? Have a knock down or staggering effect on targets?

Rage nano? Make enemy affected attack near by enemies or make enemies attack affected target? When used in PvP it makes the players movement controls backwards lol

Feedback nano? A % of the damage an affected target deals goes back to themselves?

Some kind of nano that interferes with the targets sight? Like when you get puked on by an Afflicted Sicko. Be cool for PvP. Cant think of what that would be called

An other one but mostly unlikely because its to far fetched would be Damage Conduit nano effect. The target affected emits a damaging aura that hurts all near by allies. Also would be pretty cool for PvP.

williamarmistace
01-10-2014, 05:29 PM
I want to know what the 7 new synergies will be. That's a lot. They are probably going to bring back Corrosive. What could the other 6 be?

Ice/Crystal? nano? Self explanatory.

uhmm...

Explosive/Concussion blast nano? Have a knock down or staggering effect on targets?

Rage nano? Make enemy affected attack near by enemies or make enemies attack affected target? When used in PvP it makes the players movement controls backwards lol

Feedback nano? A % of the damage a affected target deals goes back to themselves?

Some kind of nano that interferes with the targets sight? Like when you get puked on by an Afflicted Sicko. Be cool for PvP. Cant think of what that would be called

An other one but mostly unlikely because its to far fetched would be Damage Conduit nano effect. The target affected emits a damaging aura that hurts all near by allies. Also would be pretty cool for PvP.

I think you are a little confused. Synergies are not nanos. Nanos are syphon, electric, radiation, bio... Synergies are things like quartermaster, cannonneer, Run-n-gun, etc.

crasher
01-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't think that's a good idea Ms Knute. 104 temp is not something to try to "walk off".
Yeah, but if he rubs some dirt on it, he'll be fine.

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I think you are a little confused. Synergies are not nanos. Nanos are syphon, electric, radiation, bio... Synergies are things like quartermaster, cannonneer, Run-n-gun, etc.

Fak, why did I think that...

maverick07
01-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I wonder if those new synergies are like the stuff we saw on the "Cinder" LMG Greg has used a few times? Or if they are going to be brand new synergy types thrown into the pool for all weapons.

WhiteF8ng
01-10-2014, 06:00 PM

Like Nefarious I missed part of the stream I had my kinect on and trick gave my xbox a command that sent me some where on twich. Took awhile to find the stream since it didnt get labeled as defiance.

I think for that Trick ows me that Purple VBI PSR 7 Cyclone with Syphon and assassin synergy I have been looking for. Please???

Forgot to bring that up along what the hell is going on to fix Military Academy. . Funny thing is, in the PTS they actually dropped with nanos. Live Server? Not one since the rolls patch.

Market
01-10-2014, 06:41 PM
I also forgot that Trick said Green drops from the WM shouldn't be happening when we beat him. We should be seeing a minimum rarity of Purple.

I asked about Area chat in the Warmaster instance and Trick responded with "GOD yes, why isn't that in there already?!?"

From what it sounded like, a patch is coming next week that will address some of the stuff talked about in the thread so far. Of course, no specific word on when and what it will have in it. Someone correct me if I misunderstood about the time frame of an upcoming patch. :)

maverick07
01-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Also it sounded like we might be getting a look at the new DLC on the PTS next week during the live stream. I was only able to hear part of today's stream and they mentioned that near the beginning.

Probably a dumb question but is this new "Faction" an enemy faction or a faction like VBI or Soleptor Enterprises? Was a bit disappointed on no map expansion yet but at least it's coming I guess.

Market
01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Also it sounded like we might be getting a look at the new DLC on the PTS next week during the live stream. I was only able to hear part of today's stream and they mentioned that near the beginning.

Probably a dumb question but is this new "Faction" an enemy faction or a faction like VBI or Soleptor Enterprises? Was a bit disappointed on no map expansion yet but at least it's coming I guess.

They kind of umm'd and ahhh'd about the preview of it next week, didn't say yes or no, but Trick said "I want it to be pretty."

As for the new faction, I took it as a new friendly along the lines of VBI or Soleptor. Fingers crossed! I can't wait to see the Rep Vendor updates that are coming.

Oh, now that I said that, yes it is a new friendly faction. Trick said something about having to earn Rep to buy stuff from the new vendor.

Nefarious
01-10-2014, 07:15 PM

They mentioned that the 7th Legion will have their own faction Vendor. So I guess if we are able to access it then they must be friends.

maverick07
01-10-2014, 10:08 PM
They mentioned that the 7th Legion will have their own faction Vendor. So I guess if we are able to access it then they must be friends.

Cool thanks for clarifying. I was trying to watch the stream, but kept getting distracted, and that was one of the things I ended up missing.

Arsenic_Touch
01-11-2014, 12:36 AM
I asked about Area chat in the Warmaster instance and Trick responded with "GOD yes, why isn't that in there already?!?"
)

There is an area chat for the warmaster instance, it's called team. Just the chat is broken so no one sees it. Trick should know these things....

Market
01-11-2014, 01:00 AM
There is an area chat for the warmaster instance, it's called team. Just the chat is broken so no one sees it. Trick should know these things....

People don't generally know this, making it a bit difficult. My point was that there will be an *obvious* chat channel in the instance.

Besides all that, I agree that there have been/are things that Trick and the rest of the team should know that they apparently do not. Hence the reason I've bugged them for quite a while about getting some events going with players who can give them feedback about what's actually going on in the game rather than relying on what "should be happening". Look how long it took for them to finally listen about the whole Volge Emergency drop rate thing.

I know if I'd been in their shoes at that point, I would really start listening to the player base far more often and with great vigor. We obviously spend much more time playing the game than they do, and just by the law of averages, will find far more bugs and issues than their testers could ever find.

Back to the point about the chat, I'm just glad that this is on their radar. Anything "wrong" with the game that's being fixed is a positive move, as far as I'm concerned. (track record of "fixes" notwithstanding... lol)

Etaew
01-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Hide UI

In the live client can you not press F9? No? Lame. So we'll probably turn that on. I've been using the GM client for so long I hadn't realised that you can't just get rid of it.

This actually angered me a little, people have been asking it for a while and they had a feature for it that we could use and thought we had it but didn't turn it on...

Arsenic_Touch
01-11-2014, 04:45 AM
What angers me is when they answer questions incorrectly or avoid answering them completely.

Like I'm watching it right now, they're talking about ammo caches and how you lose the extra ammo. They purposely changed it so you wouldn't lose the ammo and here trick is making it sound like the current way is intentional.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?112352-Patch-1.025-Patch-Notes
It was fixed here -

- Fixed a bug where you would lose ammo swapping weapons in the current loadout when the ammo pool was full.

Now it's broke again, hence the question on the live stream and Trick acted like it's intentional.

crasher
01-11-2014, 06:18 AM
[I shoehorned this into Arsenic_Touch's most excellent thread:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?145652-Things-that-need-to-be-addressed.]

I appreciate The Devs and the CMs being in/on the Live Stream on 01-10-14 in spite of the plague.

We all know that life goes on, but life doesn't usually involve having a camera in your face while you're trying not to hack up a furball or staunch a runny nose with style, grace and aplomb.

This actually angered me a little, people have been asking it for a while and they had a feature for it that we could use and thought we had it but didn't turn it on...
It was clearly one more indication of unfamiliarity with the game we play.

And it's an indication of them not playing the game.

And just so that we're clear: the GM version isn't "The Game".
If they don't see what we see, they're not playing 'OUR' game. So naturally they can't fix OUR problems. They're playing a version that they don't have OUR problems on and so few (any?) of THEM are putting so few hours on OUR version.
Yes, I know Trick has been known to duel on occasion, but everyone knows that when he's dueling he's focused on dueling, and not 'creating'. Trick isn't the guy who's supposed to be playing the game to see if it works, and if he's the QC dept too, we have issues.

And it's not the GM version that they release anyway, so that conversion to our dumbed down player version is another avenue for glitches and bugs to be re-introduced, which is probably how/when patched fixes get broken again.

By the time WE'RE putting enough hours on to see the problems and point them out, they will have moved on to some other aspect and nobody will be familiar with the problems we're pointing out, again.

I've been harping on that ammo question for a while, in some bug reports and on the forums, and they not only don't address it, they weren't even familiar with the issue.

We're talking to ourselves, here, guys.

The ammo issues (ammo up, go into a Break, port to a different zone, change load-outs, etc, and have to ammo up AGAIN when you finish the motion). Where does the ammo go, and how can The Devs enter combat with reduced ammo and NEVER even realize it? AND it was FIXED in patch 1.025. They had to BREAK it again in patch 1.027 or patch 1.101 to get it here again.
The grenade stacks in the overflow.
The spontaneous vehicle despawns.
And the 'Vehicle appears BEHIND me inside the compound at Overpass, facing the wrong way, after I've run outside to a clear spot to go to a siege or Ark-Fall/Break', or the 'Vehicle appears BEHIND me on the bridge at The Lighthouse, facing the wrong way, after I've run off it to a clear spot to go to a siege or Ark-Fall/Break', bug is still alive. jekkin' swell, that one's always good for a laugh. Just spawn the thing in front of me, I'll sort out the rest.
The grub appearing outside the hive.
The hive floating 50 feet in the air.
The Monolith disappearing and then floating 25-30 feet in the air.
The Scrapper progen disappearing while traveling between towers, or the progen walking along the ground between towers.
The bottom heat-sink on the scrapper towers at the final having no health bar.
I love the way the red caret follows bugs while underground, ... afflicted in the green smoke... badguys in the dark and behind walls. It so helpfully negates all of the stealth they use, and all of the guesswork on my part... The game is so much more fun with all that pesky 'challenge' crap out of the way. The only thing the devs could add to make it easier is an AimBot, and then I could go read some other forum while the game wins itself for me. Maybe, if we're lucky they intend to add one to the cash shop soon... (/sarcasm)
Mismatched stats on weapons, WTF? Moded a BMG lately, and compared before/after stats?
Weapons and mods spontaneously disappearing from inventory.
Weapons mods not having a 'viewable syn' while mounted. Sure, we now have the mod bonus's lite up on individual mounting. When you have 3 lit up and 4 mods mounted - which one do you replace?
NOT having the weapons in inventory favorited by default when the system is introduced, and then having a 'nuke all' button with nothing *like IT BEING RED* to visually set it off as being clearly a 'don't do this' option.
Grenades self-favorite when you pick them up.
Shields and other items self-unfavorite on occasion.
Inventory self-resorts whenever it feels like.
Overflow has a randomness to the sort order.
SB targetting typo.
Weapons not appearing in game at all. For reals-ies. Theoretical one-in-a-million = 0.
Going after the '5000 Bolt Action Sniper Kills pursuit, or the '500 Kills while cloaked' pursuit, The server/game engine loses count and credits the player with approximately 15 % fewer kills than are actually scored.
Cerberus driving pursuit, anyone? How are your levels working out? Tracking accurately? Oh, and most people who level notice that they don't get the EGO points for each level of the Cerb they get.
Server desynching and letting you rejoin a different instance than the one you got booted from.
Disconnects for our PS3 and XboX brothers and sisters.
Disconnecting just before the end of Ark-Events.
Not being able to communicate inside a Break. (Few people know how to use 'Team', audio is problematic, and they never really got on the ball with 'Private Chat. Chat has been bollixed for so long that few people will bother puzzling out any single small aspect fixes TRION shoehorns into the big fiasco).
Not being able to go into the same break as the one that the rest of your clan is in. In fact, having your clan BECOME spread out over a number of Breaks already in progress.
Putting down batteries, and ending up in a Break that is almost over.
Putting down batteries and getting kicked out of an instance all together, and then coming back on a different shard.
Not being able to use a chat system, and then being made aware that the chat fix is so low on the priority scale that it's over *4* months* busted.
Still happy with that whole 'Spam the broken chat with woot announcements of tens of people I dont know leveling pistols to '2', but no way letting a player know who rezzed them in a firefight'.... Good Call. Thumbs up on that one.
The specials are usually just the same old generic full priced mods that are frequently duplicated on several vendors at the same time. And why are pistol mods always a special on the sniper vendor (as one example of ALL the rest of the vendor special combinations)?
Inventory compare is clearly not being used by The Devs, or they'd know just how bollixed it is, I dunno, maybe you have to be a game player to understand?
Menu choice options in 'Settings/Gameplay' keep randomly resetting themselves. Not restricted to resetting on log-in. It happens during gameplay as well
And The Devs seem to enjoys the bright BMG/Rebounder/Cold-Fire weapon's ability to blind everyone around them, (Spanner-Protector, and the inability of the 'Helped Player' to see shtako while being 'helped', and the 'Helping Player's ability to unknowingly inflict such a handicap) else they wouldn't be so reluctant to even recognize it as an issue much less fix it.
Small things that have been fixed in patches and then broken again, and stay broken forever.
Big things that are broken, and never even get addressed in any way.
Issues that get discussed repeatedly in the forum, and then are met with a surprised reaction on live streams.
PvP issues with weapons/perks/queues still not remotely close to being solved without blowing up the whole game.

We're talking to ourselves.

Just a couple (With cites) from another list I was working on, some are repeats:

Patch 1.020 - Buckshot (Stay on Target) 05-21-2013 06:16 PM:
PLAYER CHARACTER
● Nano effects that kill your character should now be cleared after extracting. [Broken].
● Fixed cameras while incapacitated so that the camera won’t clip through the character if the player looks up. [Broken].

Patch 1.022 - Patch Notes 06-18-2013 12:52 PM:
- Fixed a periodic issue where a Scapper Arkfall Armature could be placed before its base preventing the lowest heat sink from properly showing.
Bottom heat sink on Scrapper towers still have no health bar.

Patch 1.025 - Patch Notes 07-23-2013 08:14 PM
- Fixed a bug where you would lose ammo swapping weapons in the current loadout when the ammo pool was full. (Mentioned above in #1)
- Players are no longer spammed with their most recent EGO power level up and things they unlocked when logging into the game or changing servers into PvP, etc
[ I get spammed the same old crap every time I log-in, leave an Ark-Event, or change zones.]
- Fortunately, you will no longer be spammed with “You are now bound to the Bathhouse” when near certain extraction points.
[Driven passed the Golden Gate Bridge, lately?]
- Emergencies: Landmine Rescue: Updated landmine arming range to be a bit farther away. This will let you approach them to disarm them without them just blowing up in your face (which was rather unfair).
[The still blow up in your face if you try to disarm them.]

N1ghtShadow
01-11-2014, 08:33 AM
^ where's the "like" button at? The preceding post deserves it.

One other glitch that's been bugging me for a looooooong while: Dark Matter Bullwarks were the first to spontaneously shift from one location to another for no reason at all. It usually happens only in ArkBreaks and Arkfalls, but I've seen it happen once or twice in emergencies, too. Now ALL Dark Matter NPC's do it. I'll be aiming at one of those bastards one second, ready to fire, and suddenly -poof!- he's 30 meters somewhere else. Where's MY Teleportation EGO power???

Am I the only one who's severely annoyed by this?

Bonehead
01-11-2014, 08:48 AM
^ where's the "like" button at? The preceding post deserves it.

One other glitch that's been bugging me for a looooooong while: Dark Matter Bullwarks were the first to spontaneously shift from one location to another for no reason at all. It usually happens only in ArkBreaks and Arkfalls, but I've seen it happen once or twice in emergencies, too. Now ALL Dark Matter NPC's do it. I'll be aiming at one of those bastards one second, ready to fire, and suddenly -poof!- he's 30 meters somewhere else. Where's MY Teleportation EGO power???

Am I the only one who's severely annoyed by this?

You're in good company brother.

Etaew
01-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Vehicle timer

It is coming back, it was omitted by accident.
I really hate hearing this kind of thing.

Anyway full transcript is up: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=146

rebtattoo
01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Issues that get discussed repeatedly in the forum, and then are met with a surprised reaction on live streams.

We're talking to ourselves.Ready for my next infraction...This statement alone convinces me that the information that is being said is passed along by a certain someone, is pure pow schtako.

How can the lead developer of the game not be aware of any of the issues in the game if he is being given the info?

I have completely lost faith in the communications, or lack thereof, within the dev team.

Meh

Bonehead
01-11-2014, 11:56 AM
I've said it before and I don't much care for repeating myself but this forum is not for us to bring any meaningful contribution to the game. It is for us to talk among ourselves. However the dev team may get it's information about the state of the game, this aint it. If it were it would at least look that way a little bit but it NEVER has. Look at what Trion does. That is how they will behave in the future.
The last live stream was just another in a long line of streams that make it look like they have NO CLUE how this game really plays.
I am down to one or two sentence posts consisting of basic info for the noobs or just silliness because I have lost the desire to keep repeating myself over and over to NO AVAIL. If there was any body listening to us they wouldn't be constantly surprised about all the stuff we have been saying for 10 months.They moderate this forum but that's about it.

EDIT;

Thank you for those who have been so doggedly persistent in attempting to hold Trion accountable to the players. I have great admiration and gratitude for that effort.

rebtattoo
01-11-2014, 12:12 PM
I've said it before and I don't much care for repeating myself but this forum is not for us to bring any meaningful contribution to the game. It is for us to talk among ourselves. However the dev team may get it's information about the state of the game, this aint it. If it were it would at least look that way a little bit but it NEVER has. Look at what Trion does. That is how they will behave in the future.
The last live stream was just another in a long line of streams that make it look like they have NO CLUE how this game really plays.
I am down to one or two sentence posts consisting of basic info for the noobs or just silliness because I have lost the desire to keep repeating myself over and over to NO AVAIL. If there was any body listening to us they wouldn't be constantly surprised about all the stuff we have been saying for 10 months.They moderate this forum but that's about it.

EDIT;

Thank you for those who have been so doggedly persistent in attempting to hold Trion accountable to the players. I have great admiration and gratitude for that effort.And the moderation seems to be only looking for flagged words or string of letters and then acting by closing the thread and giving infractions.

I really appreciate the efforts also. A few do take long strides to help this game. With this last stream though, I fear these are wasted efforts falling on deaf, or rather, uncaring ears.

just once, I'd like to hear Trick acknowledge that he had been given information that was relayed through the forum. That is were accountability can then be assigned.

Not that it matters in the end anyway. We will always hear the same "soon, it's being worked on."

VanBuren
01-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Pfft! If I can come in to work with a 102-104 fever every day for the entire week you can manage some sniffles!

Congrats. You're a manly man.

Hyperion5182
01-11-2014, 01:08 PM
And since Raid Controls for the Warmaster are not a priority. Trolls get their way.

Start naming and shaming threads whenever you can and be willing to take the infractions. We need to get these game wrecking bastards into the open. Its reaching a point where defiance players may be forced to take the Combat Arms Example and start an off sight Community Ban List. Ignoring these players, not allowing these players into clans. And taking any means necessary to get clean instances without these ****ing trolls dead set on ruining warmaster fights.

I'm only going to log in during high volume times of the outfits who KNOW what they're doing. Lowers the chance of getting into one of these crap runs with players determined to waste your spikes.

Amack
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Dahanese, we really need you at that pad with pen much more often. We really need you to go through the lists of players concerns (I know you have been, but it could be done better) and circle the ones that really need to be addressed.

Just as one example I noticed, is that Trick said in the stream that Trion monitors the number of times a vehicle despawns on players while driving. He dismissed the issue saying it has been going on since launch, and that there has been no substantial increase in despawns that he could tell. He then came to the conclusion that we as players might be doing certain things that cause the despawns, which may or may not be true.

The only thing I can say about this is my own personal observations... I never had my car despawn like it does now driving around, since DLC #2 was released. NEVER.

There has been rampant complaints about this issue recently. I understand it is easier to dismiss it but I know for a fact you guys messed with the driving mechanics. How do I know this?

Simple... http://i43.tinypic.com/152et8i.jpg

GET BACK IN THERE AND FIX IT! Please and thank you!

Market
01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
I have to agree with Amack on the vehicle despawning problem. When Trick said that on the stream yesterday, I laughed loud enough to scare the wife. What he said is simply not the case for me.

I've played the game nearly every day since release. Before the DLC, I think this issue happened to me infrequently enough to count on one hand with fingers left over. Lately it happens 3-6 times a day.

I've had conversations with Dahanese through PM's (as I've said in other places, I prefer that instead of posting in General as I feel it's much easier for these points to be lost far too quickly here) about the need for the Dev team to play the game with us.

We're going to have a much greater grip on what's wrong with the live game. We play it far more and therefore have a much higher chance to find issues. I think it should be this way. It would bother me greatly if the Dev team were playing the game as much as we do. lol Mostly because they'd be paid to play it for hours and hours a day and we'd be doing it for free! haha

However, as was said by Crasher, with all of them being in what amounts to a different game, they're not going to be exposed to the issues that the live game community have been seeing.

This brings me to beg (again, but publicly this time) for scheduled events for those of us who are interested in improving things to play the game with the dev team (on ALL platforms, not just the PC) to help them discover issues.

The community needs to feel like Trion is listening. Not just listening, but taking us seriously when we point things out. It's been said many times in many threads that several of the things said on Livestreams make our jaws drop to the floor. There have been several things said during the stream that outright defy what is actually going on. Without giving specifics, I think I can sum it up with the idea that there's a huge difference between what is happening with what *should* be happening.

Trion needs to refocus on what IS happening. In order for this to happen, we need to be taken far more seriously than we have been previously. I feel like this has been improved upon since release, but we're not where we need to be quite yet.

Trion, let us help you help yourselves in this. I think I can speak for all the die-hards here that the community would sing your praises to every gamer we know if the comments about what should be were all but decimated in favor of talking to us about what is. We would have more people to play the game with and you'd have more money in your coffers. Everyone wins. In order for this to happen, the community needs to feel like the Dev team is paying attention. For example, instead of saying that the vehicle despawn rate has not changed since release, Trick should have said something to the effect of "We have not yet seen data showing that this has increased, but I will have the team double check everything involved in this issue in the event that the community is correct."

Doubting the players and citing "what should be" will never get these problems addressed and repaired.

Manstan
01-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Maybe this is the time for some one at Trion to commit the ultimate act of self sacrifice, and jump on this grenade.
Seriously, this is the time for some brave soul to take a chance, grab this grenade and try to put the pin back in.

Etaew
01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Just as a side thought to my previous statements, we get answers directly from a developer and a caveat of this access is that they won't be phrased as eloquently as a seasoned community manager.

Although not to pile the blame totally on Trick, it seems more like the QA process and bug reporting and community feedback process is flawed.

DanteYoda
01-11-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm on the fence, i agree with what the others said here that what they say is shocking to the players, especially the groups trying hard to get things fixed, what annoys me is the nonchalance to our questions, they seem to brush them aside like they aren't important, they are sadly if you want to keep your populations.

I'm on PC but how they brushed aside the Xbox/PS3 disconnects would have had me angry as anything, those are game breaking issues for players and they deserve more from Trion.

But on the other side of the stream i heard a lot of good news with fixes and new features coming next week and when DLC3 drops which pleased me a lot, if...those things stated actually happen though, i'll take them all with a grain of salt, but i did leave the Stream hopeful at least.

Amack
01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Just as a side thought to my previous statements, we get answers directly from a developer and a caveat of this access is that they won't be phrased as eloquently as a seasoned community manager.

Although not to pile the blame totally on Trick, it seems more like the QA process and bug reporting and community feedback process is flawed.

They are all more than capable of handling the positions they fill. Of this, I am sure. We just can't stop until we get this schtako worked out... before season 2!

Trion if you are short handed as most of us believe, then utilize the players themselves... LOOK at that list Crasher took the time to create, he is not alone, you have Arsenic as well as many many others!

For the love of everything holy, just listen to us... WE ARE TRYING TO SHORE UP THE MINE BEFORE SEASON 2! So that it can be the gold mine that is should have been all along. So we don't gain tons of players, and then immediately lose them once again in a few months time... LISTEN TO US.

You are reaching a pivotal point here Trion. Nilxain hasn't signed in, in almost 20 days. Alienstookmybeer has thrown up his hands as well. Heck, I even almost threw in the towel here myself. YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LET THIS CONTINUE.

Like Etaew says, you need to refine the Q&A , Bug Reporting, and Community Feedback processes!

ironcladtrash
01-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Dahanese, we really need you at that pad with pen much more often. We really need you to go through the lists of players concerns (I know you have been, but it could be done better) and circle the ones that really need to be addressed.

Just as one example I noticed, is that Trick said in the stream that Trion monitors the number of times a vehicle despawns on players while driving. He dismissed the issue saying it has been going on since launch, and that there has been no substantial increase in despawns that he could tell. He then came to the conclusion that we as players might be doing certain things that cause the despawns, which may or may not be true.

The only thing I can say about this is my own personal observations... I never had my car despawn like it does now driving around, since DLC #2 was released. NEVER.

There has been rampant complaints about this issue recently. I understand it is easier to dismiss it but I know for a fact you guys messed with the driving mechanics. How do I know this?

Simple... http://i43.tinypic.com/152et8i.jpg

GET BACK IN THERE AND FIX IT! Please and thank you!

It's responses like this that Trick and dahanese always give that make me wonder why they are still employed. I think we all understand problems and bugs happen, but constantly denying the obvious problems or blaming the players is inexcusable.

What is the problem with telling the truth? Admitting and acknowledging problems and putting them on the list to get addressed and fixed shouldn't be an issue. It shouldn't be a non stop fight with players and Trion. I don't know if they are purposely lying or willfully ignorant.

Nalai
01-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Maybe we all need to start submitting bug reports every time one of these issues pops up. If they won't read the forums, maybe they will at least read the bug reports or ticket system.

ironcladtrash
01-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Maybe we all need to start submitting bug reports every time one of these issues pops up. If they won't read the forums, maybe they will at least read the bug reports or ticket system.

Doesn't work either. Their customer service department seems to take their cues from Trick and Dahanese.

For example the last ticket I submitted was for when Shadow Wars kept disappearing as an option to play after one of the patches. At first they blamed me, and wanted to close my ticket. I pointed out to them threads that showed I wasn't the only one with the issue and there wasn't a way for me to make Shadow Wars disappear. They told me to open the ticket from my character within the game, which I did to open the ticket. I didn't feel like replying with profanities so I dropped it after that.

Etaew
01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Many other games utilise player councils to inform their decisions, Defiance could do with this as the forum is a maze, but I just don't believe there is the will inside Trion to reform the games decision making process.

Amack
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
... but I just don't believe there is the will inside Trion to reform the games decision making process.

I fear of this myself. All I can say to that person is, you should be fired!

crasher
01-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Maybe this is the time for some one at Trion to commit the ultimate act of self sacrifice, and jump on this grenade.
Seriously, this is the time for some brave soul to take a chance, grab this grenade and try to put the pin back in.
Sorry, the word you're looking for is a tantō.
Any good Samurai would be familiar with Seppuku.

ironcladtrash
01-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Sorry, the word you're looking for is a tantō.
Any good Samurai would be familiar with Seppuku.

Here is a how to.

http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/seppuku.htm

Amack
01-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Most interesting.

Bonehead
01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Many other games utilise player councils to inform their decisions, Defiance could do with this as the forum is a maze, but I just don't believe there is the will inside Trion to reform the games decision making process.

There is no will to do that because IMHO they do not see any type of problem. The game works within THEIR parameters, not ours. The grenade system is fine according to THEM.
It takes forever to get answers because they don't know what the questions are and are not concerned with finding out.
This forum is not designed to be a two way street between the devs and us. If it were it would at least slightly resemble something like that.
As anyone who has stayed here any length of time will tell you, it does not.

Holy Bahamut3
01-11-2014, 06:14 PM
There is no will to do that because IMHO they do not see any type of problem. The game works within THEIR parameters, not ours. The grenade system is fine according to THEM.
It takes forever to get answers because they don't know what the questions are and are not concerned with finding out.
This forum is not designed to be a two way street between the devs and us. If it were it would at least slightly resemble something like that.
As anyone who has stayed here any length of time will tell you, it does not.
Just responding to confirm the above.

Amack
01-11-2014, 09:01 PM
"What is going on in these here forums right now is quite harmless. I am surprised people are giving Defiance that much leeway. If the powers that be keep ignoring the players, the atmosphere in the forums here will get much worse and even more (of the wrong) heads at Trion will roll."

We just want to be heard Trion. We just want to know that you are listening. We just want to know you care about your own game.

Hold it against us, if you like. I can't advise taking this path, but the choice is yours.

Amack
01-11-2014, 10:40 PM
I have a real good example to get this thread back onto the "productive" track.

Trion, you just recently fixed a known bug that had been a thorn in your side since launch. A bug that probably slowed your customer support team down unnecessarily, for many many months. I am speaking of the 'Missing Mastery' bug.

Please, re-read this thread carefully, and slowly to make sure everything is absorbed fully.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?138756-No-Mastery

Let us now explore what had to actually happen in order for you to be able to correct the problem.

- You needed dedicated players who cared enough to try and figure out what was going on.
- Those players had to purposely ignore what they had been told.
- Those players spent a total of multiple hours over multiple days to figure it out.

There is so much wrong with that thread and how it was handled, I am not even going to get into it.
I will say however, that had you included in your patch notes that the fix came with the help of your community feedback IT WOULD HAVE MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE TO THOSE PLAYERS... and many players who had nothing to do with it.

Trion!!!!! I have a clan member with thousands, thousands of items in his claims, and he had no clue about this issue. He had no idea that if he actually tried to use any of those things, there was a darn good chance none of them would receive mastery bonuses. To this day, I am not even sure that he knows that this issue existed, was fixed, and is no longer a worry for the day when he decides to clean out his claims. I found no reason to mention it to him.

Even though those few people were never thanked properly, let me take this time to say to you... YOU ARE WELCOME.

Kenshin X
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
[I shoehorned this into Arsenic_Touch's most excellent thread:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?145652-Things-that-need-to-be-addressed.]

I appreciate The Devs and the CMs being in/on the Live Stream on 01-10-14 in spite of the plague.

We all know that life goes on, but life doesn't usually involve having a camera in your face while you're trying not to hack up a furball or staunch a runny nose with style, grace and aplomb.

It was clearly one more indication of unfamiliarity with the game we play.

And it's an indication of them not playing the game.

And just so that we're clear: the GM version isn't "The Game".
If they don't see what we see, they're not playing 'OUR' game. So naturally they can't fix OUR problems. They're playing a version that they don't have OUR problems on and so few (any?) of THEM are putting so few hours on OUR version.
Yes, I know Trick has been known to duel on occasion, but everyone knows that when he's dueling he's focused on dueling, and not 'creating'. Trick isn't the guy who's supposed to be playing the game to see if it works, and if he's the QC dept too, we have issues.

And it's not the GM version that they release anyway, so that conversion to our dumbed down player version is another avenue for glitches and bugs to be re-introduced, which is probably how/when patched fixes get broken again.

By the time WE'RE putting enough hours on to see the problems and point them out, they will have moved on to some other aspect and nobody will be familiar with the problems we're pointing out, again.

I've been harping on that ammo question for a while, in some bug reports and on the forums, and they not only don't address it, they weren't even familiar with the issue.

We're talking to ourselves, here, guys.

The ammo issues (ammo up, go into a Break, port to a different zone, change load-outs, etc, and have to ammo up AGAIN when you finish the motion). Where does the ammo go, and how can The Devs enter combat with reduced ammo and NEVER even realize it? AND it was FIXED in patch 1.025. They had to BREAK it again in patch 1.027 or patch 1.101 to get it here again.
The grenade stacks in the overflow.
The spontaneous vehicle despawns.
And the 'Vehicle appears BEHIND me inside the compound at Overpass, facing the wrong way, after I've run outside to a clear spot to go to a siege or Ark-Fall/Break', or the 'Vehicle appears BEHIND me on the bridge at The Lighthouse, facing the wrong way, after I've run off it to a clear spot to go to a siege or Ark-Fall/Break', bug is still alive. jekkin' swell, that one's always good for a laugh. Just spawn the thing in front of me, I'll sort out the rest.
The grub appearing outside the hive.
The hive floating 50 feet in the air.
The Monolith disappearing and then floating 25-30 feet in the air.
The Scrapper progen disappearing while traveling between towers, or the progen walking along the ground between towers.
The bottom heat-sink on the scrapper towers at the final having no health bar.
I love the way the red caret follows bugs while underground, ... afflicted in the green smoke... badguys in the dark and behind walls. It so helpfully negates all of the stealth they use, and all of the guesswork on my part... The game is so much more fun with all that pesky 'challenge' crap out of the way. The only thing the devs could add to make it easier is an AimBot, and then I could go read some other forum while the game wins itself for me. Maybe, if we're lucky they intend to add one to the cash shop soon... (/sarcasm)
Mismatched stats on weapons, WTF? Moded a BMG lately, and compared before/after stats?
Weapons and mods spontaneously disappearing from inventory.
Weapons mods not having a 'viewable syn' while mounted. Sure, we now have the mod bonus's lite up on individual mounting. When you have 3 lit up and 4 mods mounted - which one do you replace?
NOT having the weapons in inventory favorited by default when the system is introduced, and then having a 'nuke all' button with nothing *like IT BEING RED* to visually set it off as being clearly a 'don't do this' option.
Grenades self-favorite when you pick them up.
Shields and other items self-unfavorite on occasion.
Inventory self-resorts whenever it feels like.
Overflow has a randomness to the sort order.
SB targetting typo.
Weapons not appearing in game at all. For reals-ies. Theoretical one-in-a-million = 0.
Going after the '5000 Bolt Action Sniper Kills pursuit, or the '500 Kills while cloaked' pursuit, The server/game engine loses count and credits the player with approximately 15 % fewer kills than are actually scored.
Cerberus driving pursuit, anyone? How are your levels working out? Tracking accurately? Oh, and most people who level notice that they don't get the EGO points for each level of the Cerb they get.
Server desynching and letting you rejoin a different instance than the one you got booted from.
Disconnects for our PS3 and XboX brothers and sisters.
Disconnecting just before the end of Ark-Events.
Not being able to communicate inside a Break. (Few people know how to use 'Team', audio is problematic, and they never really got on the ball with 'Private Chat. Chat has been bollixed for so long that few people will bother puzzling out any single small aspect fixes TRION shoehorns into the big fiasco).
Not being able to go into the same break as the one that the rest of your clan is in. In fact, having your clan BECOME spread out over a number of Breaks already in progress.
Putting down batteries, and ending up in a Break that is almost over.
Putting down batteries and getting kicked out of an instance all together, and then coming back on a different shard.
Not being able to use a chat system, and then being made aware that the chat fix is so low on the priority scale that it's over *4* months* busted.
Still happy with that whole 'Spam the broken chat with woot announcements of tens of people I dont know leveling pistols to '2', but no way letting a player know who rezzed them in a firefight'.... Good Call. Thumbs up on that one.
The specials are usually just the same old generic full priced mods that are frequently duplicated on several vendors at the same time. And why are pistol mods always a special on the sniper vendor (as one example of ALL the rest of the vendor special combinations)?
Inventory compare is clearly not being used by The Devs, or they'd know just how bollixed it is, I dunno, maybe you have to be a game player to understand?
Menu choice options in 'Settings/Gameplay' keep randomly resetting themselves. Not restricted to resetting on log-in. It happens during gameplay as well
And The Devs seem to enjoys the bright BMG/Rebounder/Cold-Fire weapon's ability to blind everyone around them, (Spanner-Protector, and the inability of the 'Helped Player' to see shtako while being 'helped', and the 'Helping Player's ability to unknowingly inflict such a handicap) else they wouldn't be so reluctant to even recognize it as an issue much less fix it.
Small things that have been fixed in patches and then broken again, and stay broken forever.
Big things that are broken, and never even get addressed in any way.
PvP issues with weapons/perks/queues still not remotely close to being solved without blowing up the whole game.

We're talking to ourselves.

Just a couple (With cites) from another list I was working on, some are repeats:

Patch 1.020 - Buckshot (Stay on Target) 05-21-2013 06:16 PM:
PLAYER CHARACTER
● Nano effects that kill your character should now be cleared after extracting. [Broken].
● Fixed cameras while incapacitated so that the camera won’t clip through the character if the player looks up. [Broken].

Patch 1.022 - Patch Notes 06-18-2013 12:52 PM:
- Fixed a periodic issue where a Scapper Arkfall Armature could be placed before its base preventing the lowest heat sink from properly showing.
Bottom heat sink on Scrapper towers still have no health bar.

Patch 1.025 - Patch Notes 07-23-2013 08:14 PM
- Fixed a bug where you would lose ammo swapping weapons in the current loadout when the ammo pool was full. (Mentioned above in #1)
- Players are no longer spammed with their most recent EGO power level up and things they unlocked when logging into the game or changing servers into PvP, etc
[ I get spammed the same old crap every time I log-in, leave an Ark-Event, or change zones.]
- Fortunately, you will no longer be spammed with “You are now bound to the Bathhouse” when near certain extraction points.
[Driven passed the Golden Gate Bridge, lately?]
- Emergencies: Landmine Rescue: Updated landmine arming range to be a bit farther away. This will let you approach them to disarm them without them just blowing up in your face (which was rather unfair).
[The still blow up in your face if you try to disarm them.]

Thank you....

Honestly, thats every little stupid thing that either gets ignored, or re-broken. I appreciate that you can remember them all, and glad someone posted it....

I wanna lol, but there is so much on that list, it just makes me sad at this point.

Amack
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Thank you....

Honestly, thats every little stupid thing that either gets ignored, or re-broken. I appreciate that you can remember them all, and glad someone posted it....

I wanna lol, but there is so much on that list, it just makes me sad at this point.

Yes Crasher and Arsenic in particular are great when it comes to this stuff.