PDA

View Full Version : This has been discussed before, but....

rebtattoo
01-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I feel the need to bring it up again because it hasn't been talked about for a while and no definitive answer has been given.

Today topic is EGO Level Cap.

With new DLCS and the new season approaching, I'm sure a lot more pursuits will be added to the game. My understanding of the pursuits is that they are completed to help you level up and grant you the bonuses of each level up.

What will be the incentive of high level or 5k level players to accomplish them? Please don't tell me to start a new character. I have full intentions of continuing with my current character.

Has consideration been given to raising the EGO level cap? If so, when will it be implemented? If it hasn't been, why not?

Arsenic_Touch
01-11-2014, 12:33 PM
No reason to raise it when there's no benefit to hitting 5k ego.

crasher
01-11-2014, 12:36 PM
That, and I'd like to know if any of that 'new stuff' goes to the 5K number directly.

If so, it kind of begs the question of getting to a 5K cap that has 5400 points possible, and sidestepping Echelon/PvP.

I have no dog in the fight, none of my 'toons has expressed an interest in going to 5K, so it's mostly mental meanderings for me.

Jet1337
01-11-2014, 12:36 PM
They should make a new raid boss or something that requires EGO 5000 to do. Then again, people who are 5000 are probably in the top 5%-10% of players and devs rarely do anything special for that percentile.

Overtkill21
01-11-2014, 12:48 PM
That, and I'd like to know if any of that 'new stuff' goes to the 5K number directly.

If so, it kind of begs the question of getting to a 5K cap that has 5400 points possible, and sidestepping Echelon/PvP.

I have no dog in the fight, none of my 'toons has expressed an interest in going to 5K, so it's mostly mental meanderings for me.

I'm at 4256 right now and have never touched PvP/Echelon garbage nor a single Vehicle Race.

I have the following items left that I can do to gain EGO Levels:

Infector Levels: 40 EGO Levels
BMG Levels: 64 EGO Levels
Bolt Action Sniper Levels: 48 EGO Levels
Semi Auto Sniper Levels: 40 EGO Levels
Combat Shotgun Levels: 8 EGO Levels
Rocket Launcher Levels: 60 EGO Levels
Combat Pursuits: 35 EGO Levels
DLC 1 Pursuits: 55 EGO Levels (Haven't touched this yet...LOL)
DLC 2 Pursuits: 15 EGO Levels

So with those done it would put me at EGO: 4621 --- with no PvP, Shadow Wars, or a single Race.

(If I do the races...yawn...I could gain an additional: Madera: 55 EGO Levels, Marin: 55 EGO Levels, Sausalito: 55 EGO Levels, San Francisco: 60 EGO Levels --- Putting me at EGO 4846.)

bigguy
01-11-2014, 01:07 PM
im at ego 4921 with my main toon and i feel as if im being punished for it because of the fact that there is no benefit and in fact before dlc one there were alot more ego 5000 people to trade stuff with now with the fact that so many high ego people have left the game for whatever reasons yes im still of the opinion that ego 5000 sucks and making a new toon has actually made this game fun for me again , after not gaining any experience for three months that alone felt like something new and interesting

Amack
01-11-2014, 01:23 PM
As much as I would love to see it happen, I just can't imagine the EGO cap going up anytime soon. Besides lack of manpower and finances, there is still so much that can be or should be added before the cap goes up. There are also many bugs to work out.

My single largest fear for this game currently, is that Trion will get in over their head trying to release the DLC's.
The time frame is limited and when things are rushed, things get broken, and things are not done nearly as well as they could be. I see evidence of it already, and it worries me.

Sonic7870
01-11-2014, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't think that the max ego rating cap will increase just because of some new pursuits more likely the new pursuits would allow players to reach ego 5000 another way if they have no interest in pvp

rebtattoo
01-11-2014, 01:54 PM
All of your arguments are what lead to the validity of the question though!

Arsenic - Raise the level to receive more bonuses. Opens game economy because lvl 5k weapons will have a larger trade audience. Give the player a reason to strive forward rather than just play the weapon grind.

Crash - I won't see Lvl 5k because don't PVP, unless more pursuits are added and then I'll see 5k without doing the entire game, which was their original intent. Maxing EGO by playing entire game. Once again, Trion is defeating their own purposes similar to the new grenade mechanic.

Jet - Cool idea. I'm afraid you're right about them not doing anything special for higher lvl players. I'm beginning to experience it myself.

It's sad. I made it a point to level slowly so I wouldn't have to deal with what the vets have been dealing with.

rebtattoo
01-11-2014, 01:57 PM
im at ego 4921 with my main toon and i feel as if im being punished for it because of the fact that there is no benefit and in fact before dlc one there were alot more ego 5000 people to trade stuff with now with the fact that so many high ego people have left the game for whatever reasons yes im still of the opinion that ego 5000 sucks and making a new toon has actually made this game fun for me again , after not gaining any experience for three months that alone felt like something new and interestingWhen you're awake, that is. ;) I joke. But, you do seem to be having more fun lately.

Fuzzle
01-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Once upon a time they said they would raise the ego cap. No ETA on when though.

They do keep track of ego > 5000 though. It used to be shown on a profile page that they removed from the site. I can't remember why they removed it, made no sense to me. I really wish they still had it since I'm pretty curious what my actual ego level is currently.

Also, I'm not sure how many of the players that are in the 4.5-4.9k range played since launch. There's actually a number of ego levels that aren't available currently that were given during the tie-in content with the show. It may have been technically possible to get 5000 without PvP if you had those events completed.

Fuzzy
01-11-2014, 03:11 PM
I am at level 5.000 with my main and my alt is level 3.100.
The game is fun but endless grinding and only doing Arkfalls wasn't really a huge competition so I just started a new toon. Now the game is fun for me again.
I think, you can't get to 5.000 at this point without doing every PvP pursuit. With the Episode Missions and replay missions, you could reach level 5.185 or something. PvP is 170 Ego points in total (if I didn't miscalculate). So a person without DLCs and who just started won't make it so 5.000 without doing at least a little bit of PvP.
And for the 5.185 you have to do all other pursuits, all weapons and vehicles maxed out.

I'm hoping for a EGO cap raise too, but when they do it, I hope I don't lose the ego points I earned after I got to 5.000. I should be at 5.100 or something. It would be a little bit unfair to lose this points when they raise the ego cap.

Bonehead
01-11-2014, 06:09 PM
As much as I would love to see it happen, I just can't imagine the EGO cap going up anytime soon. Besides lack of manpower and finances, there is still so much that can be or should be added before the cap goes up. There are also many bugs to work out.

My single largest fear for this game currently, is that Trion will get in over their head trying to release the DLC's.
The time frame is limited and when things are rushed, things get broken, and things are not done nearly as well as they could be. I see evidence of it already, and it worries me.

Okay...
who are you and what have you done with Amack

crasher
01-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Okay...
You know, I was just starting to develop that feeling, but you're way ahead of me here.

Amack
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Okay...

Simply moving onto the next stage of the mission, my friend.
The ends justify the means.

crasher
01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Simply moving onto the next stage of the mission, my friend.
The ends justify the means.
Wait a minute.
You're turning into a butterfly?

Amack
01-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Wait a minute.
You're turning into a butterfly?

It will probably be more along the lines of the cacoon from the movie Species, but to answer your question, yes I am becoming a butterfly. A deadly butterfly.

crasher
01-11-2014, 07:48 PM
It will probably be more along the lines of the cacoon from the movie Species, but to answer your question, yes I am becoming a butterfly. A deadly butterfly.
Another thing I was hoping for introduction into the game.

Bonehead
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM

Okay...

Now I am frightened.

Amack
01-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Okay...

Now I am frightened.

Don't be skeered. While I am in butterfly form, I never eat anyone that I really like, and I really like you Bonehead!

Wow... record time into the time out corner on this one. Good job boys.