PDA

View Full Version : Trion - When will WM achievement be fixed?

lifeexpectancy
01-11-2014, 04:00 PM
It was confirmed on live stream a while back that the Warmaster kill achievement would be patched so that everyone in a successful raid would get it. But with DLC 3 coming my concern is this will be forgotten about. Any word on when this fix will take place? Because I for one have killed him dozens of times and srill have yet to get credit for a kill shot.

Drunk
01-11-2014, 04:03 PM
if i heard the words coming out of tricks mouth correctly on the live stream there was gonna be a patch next week some time that was currently under testing. This patch should contain the fix for the warmaster and the 3 legendary volge weapon drop rates(thunder pistol, typhoon and glowstick).

Bentu
01-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Why should everyone in a successful WM get the kill achievement? Where's the achievement in that lol?

lifeexpectancy
01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Why should everyone in a successful WM get the kill achievement? Where's the achievement in that lol?

The way it currently is ISNT an "achievement". Its luck. Pure, unadulterated luck plain and simple. Ive been in dozens of successful raids, saving an overchage amd damage spike for the final sliver. Ive been critting him all the way through his death and have even gotten "critical kill" and "power kill" as well as "avenger kill" yet havent gotten the achievement.

You obviously dont understand the definition of the word if you think something based on pure luck and server lag for getting credit for the kill shot is an achievement in any way.

Jet1337
01-11-2014, 06:17 PM
I think the achievement should be given to the top 5 players because I sure as hell wouldn't like it if some nub who used infectors and didn't contribute got it.

Desthayl
01-11-2014, 06:23 PM
What they should do is patch the description so that it says "Lands the kill shot" like the Progenitor and Hellion.

Jet1337
01-11-2014, 06:45 PM
What they should do is patch the description so that it says "Lands the kill shot" like the Progenitor and Hellion.

Too bad Trion is stupid enough to listen to people like you.

lifeexpectancy
01-11-2014, 07:07 PM

No. Stop eating paint chips. The achievement was poorly conceived to begin with. Luck based achievements in single player are one thing. Luck based achievements that require 23 other players who dont suck at the game and it STILL may not give it to you because of server lag are entirely another and shouldnt exist to begin with. Im glad theyre supposedly changing it. I just hope it actually happens.

Desthayl
01-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Aw, the precious little dears need participation ribbons.

lifeexpectancy
01-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Aw, the precious little dears need participation ribbons.

Awww the precious little ignorant dear who doesnt know the difference between achieving something versus playing roulette with bullets. People like you couldnt buy a clue even if I loaned you the cash. Take a look at my gamertag and see how many participation ribbons I earn when chasing achievements.

Chump Norris
01-11-2014, 11:07 PM
I dont want them to just give it to everyone who fights the WM but if they said they would I guess they should.

It would be better imo if it was rank based so people cant just show up **** around and get it because others did all the work.

nathanpbutler
01-11-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm all for them fixing it, since the achievement/trophy/pursuit just says "kill the warmaster" when the other ones that require a kill shot actually SAY they need a kill shot. On the other than, I'd also be just as fine with a change that alters the wording of the achievement/trophy/pursuit that SAYS "get the kill shot."

I wonder how the latter would go over...

lifeexpectancy
01-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm all for them fixing it, since the achievement/trophy/pursuit just says "kill the warmaster" when the other ones that require a kill shot actually SAY they need a kill shot. On the other than, I'd also be just as fine with a change that alters the wording of the achievement/trophy/pursuit that SAYS "get the kill shot."

I wonder how the latter would go over...

Getting the kill shot would be fine if it were skill based. But it boils down to luck. Sure you can save a full clip, a power spike, and overcharge amd try to go nuts on his last sliver of health but in the end youre still subject to luck and server lag as to whether or not you get credited as being the one who killed him. Ive been in well over 50 successful raids and I have yet to get credit for it. Ive also been in at least that many failed raids since you can try to go in with clan mates but sometimes still get stuck with idiot randoms who like to sunbathe and use infectors because they dont know what theyre doing.

Antavius
01-12-2014, 12:35 PM
The other issue is that you have the same players always getting the killshot due to high crit or high base dmg weapons gained from getting killshots/high dmg on previous arkfalls. Of all the arkfalls I've been on that have been wins, the same player(s) have gotten the killshots.

It took me over 50 scrapper arkfalls to get the progenitor killshot and that was only because there were only 10 of us in the arkfall.

I think it should have a changed requirement of # of kills/wins to complete the achievement/pursuit.

lifeexpectancy
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
The other issue is that you have the same players always getting the killshot due to high crit or high base dmg weapons gained from getting killshots/high dmg on previous arkfalls. Of all the arkfalls I've been on that have been wins, the same player(s) have gotten the killshots.

It took me over 50 scrapper arkfalls to get the progenitor killshot and that was only because there were only 10 of us in the arkfall.

I think it should have a changed requirement of # of kills/wins to complete the achievement/pursuit.

Exactly. The times ive gotten killshots against other arkfalls have been with a handful of players. 24 players every time against WM leads to very low chance of getting the kill shot. Also if you have laggy internet it may factor in. Im at my moms for a week amd their satellite internet is so bad I have a 5-10 second delay on everything. Yet I can still consistently do 1 milliom+ damage, but have yet to get the kill shot.

I wouldnt mind at all if it required a high number of successful runs. Say 50 or 100. That ensures that most people wont just get it by being a leach. For raids ro be successful you need a good number of people doing well on the WM. So 50 or 100 successes would still be a challenge but wouldnt be based on pure luck.

A friend of mine got it by sheer accident. He went down, self revived, amd spun in a circle spamming his grenade launcher when he thought the WM was already dead. He ended up landing one single grnade and getting it. Explain to me how that kind of luck makes sense as an achievement. I sure hope they change it this week with the patch. I wasnt able to listen to the last live stream so I dunno what their exact words were or if they even mentioned it.

lifeexpectancy
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Looks like they didnt fix it with the patch. Color me not surprised.

Odessa
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Looks like they didnt fix it with the patch. Color me not surprised.

Are you saying that you killed him and didn't get the achievement? I just wanted to confirm.

tartaluxos
01-15-2014, 02:09 PM
He is not glitched, you have to land the kill shot on him. I have this achievement, obtained easily so i can confirm there is no glitch.

Stefanwulfe
01-15-2014, 02:12 PM
It also looks like they didn't fix the issue of getting kicked when trying to get into one either.

Vendor Valerie
01-15-2014, 02:15 PM
if i heard the words coming out of tricks mouth correctly on the live stream there was gonna be a patch next week some time that was currently under testing. This patch should contain the fix for the warmaster and the 3 legendary volge weapon drop rates(thunder pistol, typhoon and glowstick).

Lol. Dude.

Trion doesn't "test" anything.

Finnan
01-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Just logged in and took part in a WM kill. No achievement, but the pursuit did finally unlock. Is that all they fixed with the patch?

anthonybgtn7
01-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Guys please there TRION the best they can x))

Bleach x360a
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Well that stinks, thankfully I got lucky after continuously playing WM and landing that kill shot.

lifeexpectancy
01-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh boy they fixed the pursuit. A few extra ego does jack craph in this game. Guess im just gonna have to kill him another 50-200 times and pray I get lucky.

K Ron Spliffs
01-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Oh boy they fixed the pursuit. A few extra ego does jack craph in this game. Guess im just gonna have to kill him another 50-200 times and pray I get lucky.

EVERY single time we kill him, I am always up top from just extracting :( Bad timing makes for a bad chance for me...

Nefarious
01-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Killed him and didn't unlock the achievement. Did say I 'unlocked Warmaster' though???

Look to see if I unlocked a head piece, nope. Same with the outfit. Checked to see if this 'Warmaster' was a title, nope.

So I don't know what that means.

lifeexpectancy
01-15-2014, 10:23 PM
EVERY single time we kill him, I am always up top from just extracting :( Bad timing makes for a bad chance for me...

I never really had that problem. Maybe once or twice. But Im almkst always firing at him with a full clip in my gun amd overcharge active.

I finally got the achievement tonight after over 100 successful raid participations. And ya know what? I STILL THINK THEY NEED TO CHANGE IT, even though I have it now myself. So all the window lickers in here saying Im just whining and want a participation ribbon can sod off. I have the achievement amd I still think it needs to be changed.