PDA

View Full Version : Defiance and the Xbox 720

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Seems like the new consoles will be out by xmas this yr, so how will the game adapt to the new format?
assuming the 720 will be backwards compatible (better be huh?), will the 360 be able to accept "upgrades" compared to the 720 version, or how will that work out?
Compare Oblivion to Skyrim and tech came a long way on the 360, so im assuming the first gen of 720 games will be pretty comparable to 360 in terms of graphics and such, probably wont be until the 2nd half of the next gen life cycle that we move from Oblivion to Skyrim in terms of major differences.
Any ideas or thoughts?

Laetteralus
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
There has not been any sort of announcement on the next gen Xbox or PS3 likely what will happen is they MS will announce first at E3 this summer and shortly after Sony will announce and then we will have a good year before we see the new consoles. Look at a fall 2014 release for the next gens. We haven't even had a wif of next gen consoles yet besides the leaked specs a week or so ago.

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
meh, just you wait, look at the release cycle of games for the ps3 and 360 compared to other yrs, we r def seeing the transition to Dev Kits for the new gen. I bet by xmas, the ps4 will be there, and the 720 around march.

WarMad2
01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
There has not been any sort of announcement on the next gen Xbox or PS3 likely what will happen is they MS will announce first at E3 this summer and shortly after Sony will announce and then we will have a good year before we see the new consoles. Look at a fall 2014 release for the next gens. We haven't even had a wif of next gen consoles yet besides the leaked specs a week or so ago.

Possibly, but I to have heard and have read awhile back (so I cant link a source) about the 720 being released in the Fall of this year. Only because my little brother told me about it, and I researched it some. I know there will be 2 versions of the 720. IE: a quad core 720 and an 8 core 720.

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
so 400 for the quad and 600 for the 8 core, huh? man oh man, money money money.

WarMad2
01-26-2013, 01:40 PM
so 400 for the quad and 600 for the 8 core, huh? man oh man, money money money.

Here is my reasoning, since I will be getting the more expensive one. My brother is 18, wont take a job, so hes like ill have dad get me the cheap one, and im like ok ill use my credit card that I worked for and buy myseld the more expense one since I know you reallly want it lol. For me its more about bragging rights against my little brother lmao.

Azwar
01-26-2013, 02:12 PM
well i doubt it will matter as defiance is being made for this gen console doubt there's any support for next gen. Also unless they squash this rumor of no more used games allowed and all digital no discs i wont be purchasing the next gen

SteelPaladin
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
thats a good point about going ALL digital and such...im bummed. But you know it comes down to cost, dont buy the bullsh*t about how "its the way of the future, everyone will be doing it".
Soon nobody will have physical copies of anything anymore... that will be a sad sad day. Like finding a physical Book 25 years from now and ppl losing their mind over the "artifact" lol.

rathb18
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
thats a good point about going ALL digital and such...im bummed. But you know it comes down to cost, dont buy the bullsh*t about how "its the way of the future, everyone will be doing it".
Soon nobody will have physical copies of anything anymore... that will be a sad sad day. Like finding a physical Book 25 years from now and ppl losing their mind over the "artifact" lol.

What's bad about digital? You don't have to worry about it getting broken,lost or forget it at a friends house. You just login download and play. I for one have not used a physical disc for year's and personally think it's by far the best thing to happen to gaming. But I guess if you only play console you might not be to familiar to it as us PC gamers are. And yes it is the future and it's way better than having a disc. And if you wan't a physical copy or at least on a PC you can just backup the game folder and there you go no need to even redownload it. But I guess not everyone has 10+ TB of externals like I do.

Tenz
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
i would assume that with the 720 you can play the 360 games just like if you can the origianl xbox on the 360. any gaming company know your cutting off your foot if you dont let them play to old ones look at sega lol

Jinto
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
the bad thing abut digital is not everyone have a huge download speed and some people have bandwidth caps as well plus i would rather have the disk and play than wait for the slow download while TONs of others also download it on release day

I wouldn't be surprised if the 720 and PS4 both dont allow people to play older system games just to save cash and space

Dead_Phoenix
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
iv been reading several reports that both sony and ms will offically announce there products before e3.

something about they deserve there own stage. iv read alot of different rumours but heres the last one that comes to mind:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/to-e3-or-not-e3

Hiero Glyph
01-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Chances are that digital downloads (or backwards compatibility) will allow Defiance to continue onto the next generation systems. As these systems have not been officiaully announced however, there is no need for TrionWorlds to comment on compatibility with these platforms at this time. Besides, if TrionWorlds commented on this they could be sued by Microsoft and Sony for breaking the associated NDAs. I'm sure they will provide such information to this community when they are legally able to do so. Remember, patience is a virtue.

Hiero Glyph
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
@Jinto

Pre-release downloads avoid such network congestion. Steam has been using such a system for quite a while now so the technology behind this is nothing new. I wouldn't worry about storage capacity or network congestion for the next generation of consoles; both Sony and Microsoft seemed to have learned from their previous mistakes.