PDA

View Full Version : Bang Head Here ------>

Amack
01-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Alright, I've broken down every single loot drop from DLC2 and now have a grand total of 433k salvage to spend... woohoo...

I did go ahead and keep my 22 Purple Typhoons ARs, 19 Purple Lightning Rifles, and 17 Purple Thunderer Pistols just for giggles.

Despite your multitude of tactics that you have used to fill up my backpack over and over and over and over again... I still haven't bought any inventory space from you Trion, because I don't invest my money in games, I invest my money in companies that know how to make games.

Sanguinesun
01-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Alright, I've broken down every single loot drop from DLC2 and now have a grand total of 433k salvage to spend.

Just think of all the bacon you'll be able to buy....;)

Amack
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I am not sure what is more concerning to me Sanguine, that you have finally gained a sense of humor about this, or that I have lost mine.

Slayer Slayn
01-12-2014, 10:03 PM
he didn't gain a sense of humor he just became a realist which made him go sane in an insane world. or he is just enjoying hempoil fried bacon induced joy.

Amack
01-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Well I'm back in the timeout corner... was it something I said???

Simple solution to this madness really, just spend half as much time as you do putting me in the timeout corner actually fixing the game, and everything will be juuuuuuuuuust fiiiiiiine.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qlfk3k.jpg

I suddenly feel my sense of humor returning.

DanteYoda
01-13-2014, 01:33 AM
Well I'm back in the timeout corner... was it something I said???

Simple solution to this madness really, just spend half as much time as you do putting me in the timeout corner actually fixing the game, and everything will be juuuuuuuuuust fiiiiiiine.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qlfk3k.jpg

I suddenly feel my sense of humor returning.

Maybe play something else till DLC 3 drops? Not saying you're wrong but attacking Trion 24/7 doesn't seem overly smart to me, and you could take a break till new content arrives, the break might be good for you?

Haffoc
01-13-2014, 04:57 AM
The people who give you the time-outs are not devs, why do people think that everyone who works for a game company is also a developer?

Seriously, if you dislike Trion so much, why are you still here. It shows a sad fact about your life that you feel the need to hang around bashing them.

Sanguinesun
01-13-2014, 10:38 AM
he didn't gain a sense of humor he just became a realist which made him go sane in an insane world. or he is just enjoying hempoil fried bacon induced joy.

I've been critical of things with the game for eons and have interjected humor pretty often over it all due to its passing the event horizon of absurdity. But the comedy gold to be found now with our upcoming DLC has just been too too good to not fry up proper like... in the most unhealthy but equally delicious grease of our esteemed Canadian bacon of course.

You could look at it this way: it could've been much worse. We could've gotten Mexican Cossacks dancing into Paradise doing the Kaзaчoк to Mariachi bands. Think about it.

Amack
01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Maybe play something else till DLC 3 drops? Not saying you're wrong but attacking Trion 24/7 doesn't seem overly smart to me, and you could take a break till new content arrives, the break might be good for you?

That is very good advice Yoda, it is why my play time has been reduced from many many hours per day, to almost 3 or 4, sometimes less when all the bugs and problems become too annoying. Attacking anyone constantly (If you want to call this attacking) is never good policy, and I would never normally do something like this unless it was warranted.

Yoda, I watched silently as many people fought for months trying to tell Trion that the Volge Battle Rifle was not dropping in the game. I sympathized with them and was disgusted (just as I am now) at how Trion was treating their players. I was not about to let it happen again in DLC2. All the junk I had to include in Overtkill's thread regarding the orange lighting rifle, thunderer pistol, and typhoon AR is where this all stemmed from. I tried in vain to contact the powers that be about that subject and was ignored. I don't like being ignored, and I like being lied too even less. Instead of drawing it out for months, we now have Trick admitting that the orange versions "are so rare that it is effectively impossible to get" on the very first live stream since the issue was raised... it didn't take months this time for some reason... did I play a part in that? We will never know, but I would like to think that I did.

Currently it is easier to list the things in this game that do work rather than try to list the broken things. That isn't good by any measure of the word, and I will stay on top of them until the game I love is returned to at least the level it was when I started playing.

The people who give you the time-outs are not devs, why do people think that everyone who works for a game company is also a developer?

Seriously, if you dislike Trion so much, why are you still here. It shows a sad fact about your life that you feel the need to hang around bashing them.

Thanks for the info there Haffoc, but you are preaching to the choir. I would only consider everyone at said company 'a developer' if I were as ignorant as you. You do raise one good question though, why would I stick around to hassle Trion to fix their own game? I simply do not have enough strength in my fingers to answer your question, and you are going to be left to answer it yourself by searching these forums.

Just as a hypothetical example here... Let's say someone had a broken back and they were waiting on spinal fusion surgery, so they did not have much choice of what to do with themselves except lay on the ground and play online games to try and take their mind off the constant pain they felt. Would you tell that person they have a sad life? Yeah, I bet someone like you would.

crasher
01-13-2014, 12:14 PM

Seriously, if you dislike Trion so much, why are you still here. It shows a sad fact about your life that you feel the need to hang around bashing them.The game needs Devs fixing the code more than it needs Devs making decremental additions to the game like:

Chat Ver 2.0.
Grenadegate

Yep, everybody who works for a game company isn't a Dev.

At this point, considering the progress, they don't have enough Devs.
If they don't have enough Devs, and the floors are being swept, they're paying too many janitors.

That janitorial money should be creating progress, first. WHEN/IF they get the code right, they can then afford to pay somebody to empty their wastepaper baskets.

Bonehead
01-13-2014, 12:57 PM
The game needs Devs fixing the code more than it needs Devs making decremental additions to the game like:

Chat Ver 2.0.
Grenadegate

Yep, everybody who works for a game company isn't a Dev.

At this point, considering the progress, they don't have enough Devs.
If they don't have enough Devs, and the floors are being swept, they're paying too many janitors.

That janitorial money should be creating progress, first. WHEN/IF they get the code right, they can then afford to pay somebody to empty their wastepaper baskets.

If I lived close enough (say 15 miles instead of 850) I would sweep their floors for free. Empty the waste baskets too. Probably wouldn't help though.

Amack
01-13-2014, 12:59 PM
If I lived close enough (say 15 miles instead of 850) I would sweep their floors for free. Empty the waste baskets too. Probably wouldn't help though.

I never considered what might happen if I lived close to them hahaha.... my guess is it would make the evening news.

Bonehead
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
I never considered what might happen if I lived close to them hahaha.... my guess is it would make the evening news.

Mack... You kill me.

Amack
01-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Go ahead Tyrannos, burn this one in the upper atmosphere as well.
I promise I won't hold it against you when I turn into a butterfly.

DanteYoda
01-13-2014, 08:01 PM
That is very good advice Yoda, it is why my play time has been reduced from many many hours per day, to almost 3 or 4, sometimes less when all the bugs and problems become too annoying. Attacking anyone constantly (If you want to call this attacking) is never good policy, and I would never normally do something like this unless it was warranted.

Yoda, I watched silently as many people fought for months trying to tell Trion that the Volge Battle Rifle was not dropping in the game. I sympathized with them and was disgusted (just as I am now) at how Trion was treating their players. I was not about to let it happen again in DLC2. All the junk I had to include in Overtkill's thread regarding the orange lighting rifle, thunderer pistol, and typhoon AR is where this all stemmed from. I tried in vain to contact the powers that be about that subject and was ignored. I don't like being ignored, and I like being lied too even less. Instead of drawing it out for months, we now have Trick admitting that the orange versions "are so rare that it is effectively impossible to get" on the very first live stream since the issue was raised... it didn't take months this time for some reason... did I play a part in that? We will never know, but I would like to think that I did.

Currently it is easier to list the things in this game that do work rather than try to list the broken things. That isn't good by any measure of the word, and I will stay on top of them until the game I love is returned to at least the level it was when I started playing.
Agreed Completely, no offense meant.
I believe you Arsenic, Crasher, Nixlain and others all do a great job on the forums even if they don't like me much due to the Cold fire topic, I respect what they try to do for Defiance and i know you guys work hard to get fixes and updates.

I just know if i were as dissatisfied i'd probably take a break or something, been playing some Mass Effect 3 or jump back into The Secret World etc, I even Reinstalled Starlancer and Freelancer :D keeps me occupied.

The constant negativity can be taken wrong though, i know i had so many infractions in Guildwars 2 Forums, i decided i was wasting my time in the end trying to get fixes etc..

Just as a hypothetical example here... Let's say someone had a broken back and they were waiting on spinal fusion surgery, so they did not have much choice of what to do with themselves except lay on the ground and play online games to try and take their mind off the constant pain they felt. Would you tell that person they have a sad life? Yeah, I bet someone like you would.
My father and brother both have similar to this, his spine has degraded and is crushing a nerve, my father was told not to have the surgery due to it fails more than it fixes, i hope it works for you, my father is currently on Morphine patches for the pain, its a horrible way to be, sorry to hear this if you have it.

Amack
01-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Agreed Completely, no offense meant.
I believe you Arsenic, Crasher, Nixlain and others all do a great job on the forums even if they don't like me much due to the Cold fire topic, I respect what they try to do for Defiance and i know you guys work hard to get fixes and updates.

I just know if i were as dissatisfied i'd probably take a break or something, been playing some Mass Effect 3 or jump back into The Secret World etc, I even Reinstalled Starlancer and Freelancer :D keeps me occupied.

The constant negativity can be taken wrong though, i know i had so many infractions in Guildwars 2 Forums, i decided i was wasting my time in the end trying to get fixes etc..

My father and brother both have similar to this, his spine has degraded and is crushing a nerve, my father was told not to have the surgery due to it fails more than it fixes, i hope it works for you, my father is currently on Morphine patches for the pain, its a horrible way to be, sorry to hear this if you have it.

It happened to my father, not me. I understand how it works.

Tsort
01-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Concerned anchor: Tragedy yesterday at Trion headquarters. The game company has been the victim of an assault by a dissatisfied customer, who opened fire at 4PM (PST) on members of the staff. Which brings us to our panel for tonight's question: "should Surge Bolters be nerfed?"

Amack
01-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Concerned anchor: Tragedy yesterday at Trion headquarters. The game company has been the victim of an assault by a dissatisfied customer, who opened fire at 4PM (PST) on members of the staff. Which brings us to our panel for tonight's question: "should Surge Bolters be nerfed?"

:eek: and another :eek: because the first one wasn't 10 characters.

I do appreciate you returning my thread to its proper position.