PDA

View Full Version : Sheilds glitching on warmasters

west
01-13-2014, 12:14 AM
is anyone else having bugs where u enter n win a warmaster then leave ur shields dissappear lost a legendary bullseye shield and a few epics bullseyes n regens i had from this duno if this is a known glitch or not but getting annoying...

Nefarious
01-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Nothing disappearing from my inventory but sometimes when the Warmaster breaks my shield it wont recharge.

west
01-13-2014, 12:31 AM
o mine totally breaks n goes bye bye happened only today tho so idk o well gotta love random glitches :P just not guna wear sheidls i wanna keep now lol

DanteYoda
01-13-2014, 01:23 AM
Never lost a shield either, have lost my winnings (legendary) due to my bags being full twice though..

Edit my Shield Recharge does not work sometimes as well.

Albion
01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Nothing disappearing from my inventory but sometimes when the Warmaster breaks my shield it wont recharge.

I thought this was happening - and it happens to me a lot, actually. I use a 6 second delay shield, but it sometimes does not recharge even if I take no damage for way longer than that, but only in the warmaster.

Atticus Batman
01-13-2014, 04:47 PM
It could just be a visual glitch. Exit the game completely and log back in. Check your inventory, if the shield is still there it was just a visual glitch. If it is gone, make a bug report, submit an in-game ticket, and go from there.

Amack
01-13-2014, 04:52 PM
It could just be a visual glitch. Exit the game completely and log back in. Check your inventory, if the shield is still there it was just a visual glitch. If it is gone, make a bug report, submit an in-game ticket, and go from there.

Yep, what Batman said. I've never lost any items while fighting him.

To the few people who also noticed how long shields stay down, I am not sure if that is intended to
1) Extend Shield Effect
2) To make the encounter tougher.

I am sure Trick knows about it though. He seems to have put himself into quite a few encounters to get a feel for it.

rebtattoo
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
I have been noticing this also. I mentioned it to one of the guys last night. Shield broke, life drained til nearly nothing. Used a health stim. Didn't work.

My shield is Rebel Regen ark 75%. It did not regenerate the rest of the instance. Went down and self-revived, shields didn't regen. Died, extracted. Shield wasn't regen'ed{sp}. Was fine after instance and in several other instances since.

I've noticed it a few times. Last night when it was happening, the armor on the monkey wasn't breaking. We had his health down considerably, almost 2/3 down, but armor would not break. When it did break, around the 2 minute mark, the health quit dropping as quickly. We failed but barely.

*edit*

This was done with a group that regularly beats the monkey. Extremely frustrating.

nathanpbutler
01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Shield leaving inventory? No.

Shield breaking and then not recharging at all in the WM battle, even when using a heal stim? Constantly.

justifiable187
01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Shield leaving inventory? No.

Shield breaking and then not recharging at all in the WM battle, even when using a heal stim? Constantly.

I see it as a benefit, rather than something bad: Enable Kill or Be Killed (deal more critical damage when your shields are empty) and Survival Instinct (reload faster when shields are empty).

I also have a feeling that your shields don't recharge due to the warmaster's electric attacks, which take down shields, but doesn't damage health nearly as much.

xilfxlegion
01-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I see it as a benefit, rather than something bad: Enable Kill or Be Killed (deal more critical damage when your shields are empty) and Survival Instinct (reload faster when shields are empty).

I also have a feeling that your shields don't recharge due to the warmaster's electric attacks, which take down shields, but doesn't damage health nearly as much.

agreed! i love that the shields take so long to recharge ! get massive crit damage from it!

Sonic7870
01-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Never lost my shield after a warmaster fight as of writing this although I have noticed the shield not recharging also

Amack
01-14-2014, 07:37 AM

That is what I like to call "smart use of game mechanics" :cool:

Arran
01-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Does it all the time with my bulls eye V ark. Am def not complaining at all the extra crit I get tho ;)

TAG
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
As for your shield not recharging it seems the biggest problem is from the Ironclad. I have a couple that I noticed don't recharge during wm fight,Ironlcad extra life and Ironclad berserker ARK are two of them I noticed. This is why a lot of people use them to exploit the perk kill or be killed for high dmg numbers. Hopefully Trion will fix this soon because it sucks seeing my legit 9.6 delay Rhino Bullseye ARK being outmatched by shield is down until I die guy.

Have also heard that other shields didn't recharge as well but the main glitched shield is Ironclad.

Quebra Regra
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
In 2 out of 3 instances shields are not recharging during the WM fight. I can go for 30 seconds without getting hit and still not recharging even on a 2.8s recharge shield. I have tried several different shields and this is not isolated to one model. This also occurring in some of the gunslinger arenas. When combined with the death penalty this is particularly problematic. Not even a recharge after extraction!!! XBOX NA

This is currently happening, and we need an answer.

Albion
03-24-2014, 01:40 PM
In 2 out of 3 instances shields are not recharging during the WM fight. I can go for 30 seconds without getting hit and still not recharging even on a 2.8s recharge shield. I have tried several different shields and this is not isolated to one model. This also occurring in some of the gunslinger arenas. When combined with the death penalty this is particularly problematic. Not even a recharge after extraction!!! XBOX NA

This is currently happening, and we need an answer.

I can confirm this is still happening, and for me it has always done this. I use an Ironclad Bullseye or a Respark Bullseye, does not matter which one, they both don't always recharge.

Since the death penalty, I have tried even more not to be downed, so I switched to heal stims. When my health is almost out, the health stim only recharges my health - the shield does not recharge. This is not how it works everywhere else, where you use a stim and get full health and shields back. I understand you can take advantage of this extra no-shield time with the right perk, but I would rather have it working properly.

Quebra Regra
03-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I can confirm this is still happening, and for me it has always done this. I use an Ironclad Bullseye or a Respark Bullseye, does not matter which one, they both don't always recharge.

Since the death penalty, I have tried even more not to be downed, so I switched to heal stims. When my health is almost out, the health stim only recharges my health - the shield does not recharge. This is not how it works everywhere else, where you use a stim and get full health and shields back. I understand you can take advantage of this extra no-shield time with the right perk, but I would rather have it working properly.

it's a major problem when you can be downed by a single WM bomb when yer at full health alone... even with DMG reduction perks! Wait until this happens to you in the gunslinger Dekuso arena... @#&%!@*!!!

Can we get a CM on this? Kiwi? Scapes? Haaalllllp!!!!

internaut
03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
This was done with a group that regularly beats the monkey.

Awwwww, lol, thats just classic man :D

jschmuck33
03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
In response to the OP's question, I did have something like this happen once, my shield completely vanished from my inventory (at the time it was the only shield I used). I don't remember when it was that it happened (sometime before the extra life event), and I don't remember what I was doing but I had just finished an instance of some sort. However, I submitted a trouble ticket and when I logged in the next day I had it again (not sure if it was replaced or just a visual glitch as mentioned before).

Deunan
03-24-2014, 05:57 PM
I hope players are filing detailed bug reports about the shield's failing to regenerate. This has been going on for a while.

Amun Ra
03-25-2014, 01:16 AM
I've noticed weird things with my purple Rhino Regen DXIII.
I get insta-killed often (unlogical due to 1700+ Cap and Blast Shield), my regen isn't working at all (tested this vs a clean white BS crappy shield), sometimes, but not much, my shield takes far longer than 9 seconds to start up again.
Once I even counted 23 seconds.
And 23 seconds is FOREVER if your dodging a ton of mobs, trust me.

I agree Deunan, problem is: we need video data for this.
And like the Shield bootup time, that happens rarely, you have to be filming the entire time hoping it would fail.
In my case, in comes Mr. Murphy.
I can be filming a MONTH not having a single glitch, one day I forget to start the movie machine.... and hop, there be the bug.
AND I missed it.

If I ever come across that Murphy fella, I'll stomp him so hard in his crotch, that he will end up with 4 vocal cords.

drackiller
03-25-2014, 02:01 AM
I died several times during several WM yesterdays due to failed shield regen...

Worst of all, after extracting and losing 2K (expected), when i spawned upstairs i was DOWNED and had to extract again in the same place...
pff

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 09:32 AM
it happens regularly enuff that any DEV or CM could reproduce it. Who's got the bug report? This needs fixing pronto.

nick wilson
03-25-2014, 09:46 AM
I hope players are filing detailed bug reports about the shield's failing to regenerate. This has been going on for a while.

your shield not recharging is not a bug. its the Warmasters power move. if you do not knock him off the wall when he is hanging he will do his power move and slam the ground knocking your shields off for 15-30 seconds.

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
your shield not recharging is not a bug. it the warmasters power move. if you do not knock him off the wall when he is hanging he will do his power move and slam the ground knocking your shields off for 15-30 seconds.

Possible, but it does not seem to occur in all cases after he executes his power move. Then Dekuso would have to have the same power move? How can this power move be avoided?

Can we get official confirmation on this undocumented "feature"?

nick wilson
03-25-2014, 09:58 AM
if your team does enough damage to him when he is hanging he will not do the power move.

he has been this way since day 1

CM Kiwibird
03-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Can we get a CM on this? Kiwi? Scapes? Haaalllllp!!!!
On it. Thanks everyone! :o

Amun Ra
03-25-2014, 10:01 AM
My shield problems are outside the WM as well, not just with.
Happens everywhere, to me, seems.

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
On it. Thanks everyone! :o

NO! Thank you.

kiwi, yer stock is rising dramatically. :)

CM Kiwibird
03-25-2014, 10:47 AM
NO! Thank you.

kiwi, yer stock is rising dramatically. :)

Aww, you. Okay, I'll come back with more information after we investigate. :o

maverick07
03-25-2014, 01:16 PM
This was asked on one of the livestreams like a month ago. Trick's answer was saying that a shorter shield delay will help you regen faster :confused:.

Dekuso does the same EMP attack in the arena (not sure about the co-op map because it's been awhile since we've let him get to that attack in the co-op :)). I thought it was something by design since you can't get your shield back with heal stims either. Didn't think it was a bug at first. It is a little annoying how vulnerable you are in the WM when your shield won't regen.

N3gativeCr33p
03-25-2014, 01:21 PM
I thought it was something by design since you can't get your shield back with heal stims either. Didn't think it was a bug at first. It is a little annoying how vulnerable you are in the WM when your shield won't regen.

Yes... easily my second biggest problem with the WM fight. My biggest gripe would be those people who think listening to EGO and shooting off the locks too soon would be a grand ole idea.

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 01:27 PM
I'd swear that it wasn't always working that way. On many WM fights previously he would pound down off the wall with the electrical effect, but I never experienced extended shield regen issues until recently.

Along those lines, does cloak still cause instant shield regen still? Does it work during this period? If no one knows I can test.

it's a bit ridiculous to have no sheild regen for 30seconds and have multiple bombings take you down repeatedly.

Fuzzle
03-25-2014, 01:49 PM
This was asked on one of the livestreams like a month ago. Trick's answer was saying that a shorter shield delay will help you regen faster :confused:.

What he said is actually how it works.... when it works. It appears as though he didn't catch on to there being an issue beyond that, where your shield won't regen for a length of time much longer than the recharge delay on your shield, during which as you said heal stims don't work either. I'm pretty sure cloak doesn't regen your shield either, as I seem to remember doing a solo run of Dekuso using cloak, and still being unable to generate shields even though cloak should immediately start recharging it.

Quebra Regra
03-25-2014, 02:04 PM
thanx Fuzzle!

I had forgotten (or chose to forget) my frustration over the weekend with this bug in the Dekuso arena... While using cloak. @&%! that was one of the most horrible gaming experiences of my looong gaming life (I go back to pong).

my comment on SAT got me my first infraction. :P

Deunan
03-25-2014, 03:47 PM
your shield not recharging is not a bug. its the Warmasters power move. if you do not knock him off the wall when he is hanging he will do his power move and slam the ground knocking your shields off for 15-30 seconds.It is currently a lot longer than 15 to 30 seconds. By the time he gets to another burn phase my shield still is not regenerating.

N3gativeCr33p
03-25-2014, 08:11 PM
What he said is actually how it works.... when it works. It appears as though he didn't catch on to there being an issue beyond that, where your shield won't regen for a length of time much longer than the recharge delay on your shield, during which as you said heal stims don't work either. I'm pretty sure cloak doesn't regen your shield either, as I seem to remember doing a solo run of Dekuso using cloak, and still being unable to generate shields even though cloak should immediately start recharging it.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23535596.jpg

drackiller
03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Only yesterday night, before i went to sleep and became near a nervous break down, i started the GS Trials because the idea of doing arenas just don`t have any appeal to me and when i got to Dy Dekuso arena (ence my near break down) the shield glitch happened to me all the time.
I died several times untill i finally found my way of killing him, just it, killing him without no worry of a good score, i just want to finish this "story line" to get access to what i should have for what i already paid.

Shield glitching and cover that don`t work...
After a few tries (more than i would like to assume) i came to the conclusion that brute force is the best way to kill the bugger.
I used a Votan Pulser to kill`em all and a BMG to heal my self, very fast.

Quebra Regra
03-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Only yesterday night, before i went to sleep and became near a nervous break down, i started the GS Trials because the idea of doing arenas just don`t have any appeal to me and when i got to Dy Dekuso arena (ence my near break down) the shield glitch happened to me all the time.
I died several times untill i finally found my way of killing him, just it, killing him without no worry of a good score, i just want to finish this "story line" to get access to what i should have for what i already paid.

Shield glitching and cover that don`t work...
After a few tries (more than i would like to assume) i came to the conclusion that brute force is the best way to kill the bugger.
I used a Votan Pulser to kill`em all and a BMG to heal my self, very fast.

You post reads like the one that got me an infraction on SAT... Except I suggested TRION management physically abuse the devs!

This was the worst designed element in a videogame since parts of E.T. for the 2600!!! Seriously if the devs think this kind of nonsense is fun, then they need a head check.

BTW, I also noticed the little ammo box would wink out of existence from time to time in this arena.

maverick07
03-26-2014, 11:29 AM

I can't remember it working once for me then. Everytime the WM has done that attack my shield won't work for the next 10 or 15 seconds and then it's back on its shield delay timer.

CM Kiwibird
03-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Okay guys! Update time.

Here's what we want to know:
1) What shield you're using when this occurs (Be SUPER specific please!)
2) How long it took before your shield began to regenerate, if at all
3) If anything you did (Yes, I need to know what you did too!) restored the regeneration

:o Let me know. Thanks!

Nalai
03-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Okay guys! Update time.

3) If anything you did (Yes, I need to know what you did too!) restored the regeneration

1. Purple Rhino Regenerator III - 5000
2. 15-20secs after EMP attack
3. Heal stim, syphon nano cause it to recharge

CantstopthesignalMal
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Okay guys! Update time.

You're the best Kiwi! :)

1. Rebel III (25% health generation?) I do believe this has happened with other shields as well though.
2. 20-30 seconds (estimated)
3. CLOAK does not begin the recharge cycle as it should. Even reviving does not recharge the shield as normal. SYPHON nano did not restore shield as normal (dekuso). I did notice a BMG seemed to cause proper regeneration again (only to be subsequently bugged again afterward).

Thanks.

N3gativeCr33p
03-27-2014, 03:24 PM

1) Orange Rebel Brawler 4 EX - 2582
2) 20+ seconds after WM's EMP
3) Only waiting restored its regeneration, using a heal stim did nothing.

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys! :o I'm still down for more of these if anyone else wants to contribute.

Fuzzle
03-27-2014, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t3fIupt.jpg
I can't say exactly, but it was much longer than the shield recharge delay (which is 3). I tried to take a video when I noticed it happening, and you can see definitively that my shield did not recharge for a minimum of 12 seconds. If I do more warmasters I will try to keep an eye on it and see if I can't get some lengthier video that might capture what I was doing previous to it.
I was simply running around trying to dodge any damage. I would also like to point out, in case it is relevant, that my shield started recharging approximately 3 seconds after gaining the protection buff from the protection spike (as noted by the glowing white shoulders).

Some other information I thought might be useful...

Test case HD vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tao54m9v1ho

My loadout)
http://i.imgur.com/kprMmfh.jpg
We focused the back, so all that entails. Grouping up in stacks of spikes when he is hanging etc.
In my testing of dekuso's use of the attack in normal cases, when rolling the electric effect off, it takes 6 seconds for the shield to start recharging again. This is regardless of shield type, be it a tachyon, a respark, etc.

Fuzzle
03-27-2014, 05:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5EZirq7.jpg
17s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C83cgIlBy2w
I tried to cloak and the shield never started regenerating throughout the entire cloak. Eventually it just started again.

Quebra Regra
03-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Hard to top the documentation by Fuzzle...

1. Rebel Regen III
2. 20-30 seconds
3. Nothing but waiting it out started the regen. Not even BMGers healing, spikes, etc.

I highly recommend BLAST SHIELD to add to WM survivability with this bug/feature persists.

Quebra Regra
03-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Awesome. Thanks guys! :o I'm still down for more of these if anyone else wants to contribute.

Best way for you to see it is first hand, come join us for a few sessions :) Are you and XBOX/PS pr PCer?

When is Play with a CM day? Please tell me that pay you to play the game? Anyone involved in support of the game should drink a lot of the Kool-aid, and on a regular basis.

Thanks for your support, pass that on to Scapes as well.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 08:35 AM
I have to say, this problem is getting old, and adding to WM failures.... Any update on this? Any workaround?

Has the issue been reproduced by the team? Is this being worked?

Zugo
04-03-2014, 09:35 AM
FYI,
I've never seen this issue with the 7th legion Focus shield I'm using.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
FYI,
I've never seen this issue with the 7th legion Focus shield I'm using.

We're you in the WM instance with me last night? Hmm, this would almost be reason enuff for me to buy the 7th legion DLC if it's reliable. I do wonder if it's the shield, or a combination with perks etc.

I'd like to get with you for some testing. I'd like to spec out my perks as you have and see if it's a perk related problem.

CM Kiwibird
04-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Has the issue been reproduced by the team?

We've reproduced it and it is being worked on. :o

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 10:13 AM
We've reproduced it and it is being worked on. :o

Why does it only affect some? Is it tied to a specific shield type, or loadout? Any ideas on a work around temporarily?

This is for you:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/n90tPt6KWp40h97zaZDCJrQso1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1396631706&Signature=mqB4g5S5jER2SyIy4QU00KLSiI8%3D#_=_

domo arigato

Zugo
04-03-2014, 10:17 AM
We're you in the WM instance with me last night? Hmm, this would almost be reason enuff for me to buy the 7th legion DLC if it's reliable. I do wonder if it's the shield, or a combination with perks etc.

I'd like to get with you for some testing. I'd like to spec out my perks as you have and see if it's a perk related problem.

I was there with you. If I recall you and Crixda were having the same issue where I was not.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I was there with you. If I recall you and Crixda were having the same issue where I was not.

Ah yes (I've had a few head injuries mate)! But I think you were experiencing a different "problem" (advantage?)? If it's not too much trouble, do you recall the perks in yer loadout?

CM Kiwibird
04-03-2014, 10:37 AM
The delays appear to vary between shields. Also, that's a nice owl. :o

As for workarounds, this was mentioned earlier.

Heal stim, syphon nano cause it to recharge

I haven't heard anything further about potential workarounds, and from what else I heard of that one that was mentioned, it appears that it only works for some people.

Quebra Regra
04-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Confirmed. For me, heal stim, syphon, and cloak did not restart the regen cycle as expected.

I'll do some more experimentation and see if it can be isolated to a sheild/perk combination, or at least to a combination that is unaffected.

Zugo
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Ah yes (I've had a few head injuries mate)! But I think you were experiencing a different "problem" (advantage?)? If it's not too much trouble, do you recall the perks in yer loadout?

The issue(advantage) I was seeing must be coming through perks because even when I change my shield out it would still happen.

Albion
04-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm glad to see that this is being worked on, hopefully a fix can be found. Also, for me the heal stim is not a workaround for this. It regenerates my health bar instantly, but the shield remains empty.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 09:07 AM
tried to do some testing last night, however I was repeatedly disconnected from multiple WM instances entered and was only actual able to get into 1 out of 4 attempted.

Of the one attempted I changed my shield and dropped the "BLAST SHIELD" perk and noticed I had no problems with shield regen (i did however have survivability issues without blast shield, but that's anoother issue.).

Due to the number of disconnects getting into WM instances, my sample size is too small to report anything conclusive yet.

if it's not one shulang thing, it's anudder. :(

Combo Breaker
04-04-2014, 10:41 AM
I never had an issue with this until yesterday. Every Warmaster glitched my shields. (Every Warmaster was also cheating hiding his arm as well.)

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
swapout to different shield type and see if it fixes it.

That hiding the arm thing doesn't happen often but it's annoying. Watch for them damage numbers.

Combo Breaker
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I swapped from Ironclad to a Respark. It happened with both.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I swapped from Ironclad to a Respark. It happened with both.

*grumble* I was hoping it was a particular shield....

Yer not running blast shield are ye? Is so take it off and give it a run.

I'll try to isolate a workaround tonite, but I need to generate more sample data.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
04-04-2014, 03:22 PM
*grumble* I was hoping it was a particular shield....

Yer not running blast shield are ye? Is so take it off and give it a run.

I'll try to isolate a workaround tonite, but I need to generate more sample data.

Using an extra life ironclad and I get one shot killed constantly. 2300+hp and get smoked with one hit after the 1st time I die. Health spike doesn't help and health stim pack doesn't recharge fully.

PLUS IM STILL GETTING HARD FREEZES. TRION FIX YOUR ****!!!