PDA

View Full Version : Trick mentioned a patch this week?

Market
01-13-2014, 07:32 AM
After watching the Livestream Friday, I'm curious to know when we can be expecting the patch Trick mentioned several times. I'm also curious what this will entail.

Any official news on either?

DanteYoda
01-13-2014, 08:10 AM
After watching the Livestream Friday, I'm curious to know when we can be expecting the patch Trick mentioned several times. I'm also curious what this will entail.

Any official news on either?

We need it so badly, i hope its asap, especially the surge bolter and loot fix parts

duction
01-13-2014, 08:13 AM
When you say loot do you mean your unclaimed items? I didn't get to see the live stream. I'm approaching 200 items to scroll through now to reach spikes and ark hunter Dailey awards :(

Manstan
01-13-2014, 08:37 AM
When you say loot do you mean your unclaimed items? I didn't get to see the live stream. I'm approaching 200 items to scroll through now to reach spikes and ark hunter Dailey awards :(

Why not just clear out some pack items to clear out the claim items? Seems like it would be the smart thing to do.

Market
01-13-2014, 08:46 AM
We need it so badly, i hope its asap, especially the surge bolter and loot fix parts

That makes two of us!! Especially if the "loot parts" you're talking about is the issue with all the stuff laying on the ground I mentioned above! lol

I totally feel your pain, duction. I'm only scrolling through 98 myself, but it's painful nonetheless.

Good thread on the content of the last Livestream (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?145953-So-I-apparently-missed-all-the-discussion-of-Twitch-Live-Streams-on-Fridays)

Why not just clear out some pack items to clear out the claim items? Seems like it would be the smart thing to do.

Personally, I'm leaving all that stuff in there until they add a way to break it down. The menu system is too cumbersome to go through it all to break down all the consumables in there, for me at least. Plus it's cheap and easy to refill them from a vendor, so I usually go that route. I'm also hoping that the people who do the same are making a big statement for how quickly they need to act upon the consumable drop/claim system issues. I'm tired of seeing tens of thousands of Ark Salvage laying on the ground around me everywhere I go with no way to pick it up.

Tekrunner
01-13-2014, 09:35 AM

I believe that improvements to claims are planned for DLC 3. I can't wait for that to happen either. I'm up to 320 items in claims.

hey u
01-13-2014, 09:45 AM
A emergency patch would be nice and also if the patch fixed problems and not cause more. I hope they fix the disconnect problems that are insane. I out 350+k script now on batteries from getting disconnected and not able to get into the major.

A fix would be nice so when I hop onto defiance and play for 1 hr and get booted well I try and log back in and wont let me. It is like my connection to Trion servers is bugged. So now every time when Trion servers boot me to the log in menu I dashboard on my PS3 and log back into the game. This has worked really well for me just is growing really old logging out and back in 10+ times because Trion server BOOTS YOU.

I was on my was to a swarm and I jumped down a hill only for a rock to be not up against the hill letting me fall under the rock and walk around under the rock and is still there in that spot. I have asked if this happens to my friends and we will be driving only for the road and ground to disappear for few minutes until it reappears. Rolling up to a Arkfall and no crystal is there. It takes about 1 minute until the crystal I can see then I see red arrows over enemies but the enemy is invisible until another minute or so pass and then they start to spear on my tv. I shoot and on my tv I see my guy shoot grenades at enemies only for my gun to fire but invisible grenades fire and do no damage and then after 20 seconds I start to do damage.

Lastly I will be on my atv boosting along only to suddenly jump off my atv. It like I run into a wall or something that jumps me off my atv. Now this is not like the delay on in-world stuff appearing and run into something and 5 seconds pass and the railing appears or rocks and stuff this is me on my atv boosting or driving along to suddenly jumps me off my atv and I hop back on and all is good but is happening more and more to me.

PS3 NA

Odessa
01-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I didn't see the Live Stream and wanted to clarify what they were going to fix with the claimed items. My biggest issue isn't weapons, it's grenades. I don't even want to open the daily/weekly gifts simply because they add yet another grenade to my list. I have over 111 items sitting there currently.

Market
01-13-2014, 11:07 AM
I didn't see the Live Stream and wanted to clarify what they were going to fix with the claimed items. My biggest issue isn't weapons, it's grenades. I don't even want to open the daily/weekly gifts simply because they add yet another grenade to my list. I have over 111 items sitting there currently.

Trick said they were going to make it so that we could break things down in claim, and that we wouldn't be having to leave drops on the ground with something else they're doing. He couldn't say exactly when that was going down, though! If I had to put Scrip on it, I'd say those changes are going to be coming with DLC3, but I've been wrong before... lol

Odessa
01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Oh thank goodness! I like your link to the Warmaster guide. I think most people who aren't sure of what to do (IE: extract vs crawl around the ground) don't come to the forums. I look forward to the chat being fixed in there. Hopefully the achievement will be altered so I can just be done with it. :D

Market
01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh thank goodness! I like your link to the Warmaster guide. I think most people who aren't sure of what to do (IE: extract vs crawl around the ground) don't come to the forums. I look forward to the chat being fixed in there. Hopefully the achievement will be altered so I can just be done with it. :D

I agree that far too many don't know what to do in there! Since Nilxain and other contributors went through the trouble of writing it all up, the least I can do is share it!

I got lucky the other day and ended up with the WM cheevo, felt pretty good after 50ish attempts! lol

The Lady
01-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Why don't you sell or breakdown the extra items? I don't use the grenades anymore, or the stems and spikes so I just break them all down for salvage.

Market
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Why don't you sell or breakdown the extra items? I don't use the grenades anymore, or the stems and spikes so I just break them all down for salvage.

For a few reasons, actually. I use spikes and stims in the Warmaster fight (I feel they're overkill everywhere else) and I still use grenades at times. Right now, I have purple grenades of each type except for a poo-shoes orange. I don't feel like taking the time to go through each grenade, spike, and stim to claim, find, break down, rinse and repeat through 102 items. Especially when refilling them at a vendor is cheap and easy. Most often I find them on the ground and wouldn't be able to pick those up unless I've used one prior.

I also hold out hope that it's adding more and more items that are just sitting there on the servers, giving Trion an impression that should they hesitate to change the system, things are only going to get worse.

Granted, I'm also a realist and likely the latter of all that will not even make a blip on their radar.

As it stands, it would take me quite a long time of messing with my claim and inventory when I'm aware that a change is indeed on the horizon. It was stated during the Livestream last Friday that the whole claim items system (where it pertains to grenades/stims/spikes) is getting an overhaul. Trick said it was being changed so that we wouldn't be leaving any drops on the ground. Hopefully this will be happening with the patch this week, but I'm more inclined to believe it will come with DLC3.

Amack
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
... I have purple grenades of each type except for a poo-shoes orange.

When did you receive your orange poo shoes, if I may ask.

Market
01-14-2014, 12:32 AM
When did you receive your orange poo shoes, if I may ask.

I think it was the day after DLC2 went live. I got it from a T4 box if I remember correctly. Haven't seen another OJ grenade, but was pretty happy that I finally had one! Only one I'd seen before that was a borrowed 'nade... lol

DanteYoda
01-14-2014, 12:32 AM

I actually meant the Blues and Greens from a Warmaster win, kinda get that a lot and that is supposed to be fixed according to the live stream last friday..They said a win should be minimum Purples.

The live stream claimed a lot of fixes this week so i live in hope.

Amack
01-14-2014, 12:58 AM
I think it was the day after DLC2 went live. I got it from a T4 box if I remember correctly. Haven't seen another OJ grenade, but was pretty happy that I finally had one! Only one I'd seen before that was a borrowed 'nade... lol

I've been put in the time out corner. I think that is my que to stop asking questions...

Just fix your game already would ya... then I wouldn't have to resort to these methods. You think I like doing this?

Oh yah if you could start taking your players seriously, it would be just dandy, k, thx, bai.

dahanese
01-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes, we're patching this week. Stay tuned for patch notes. They shall be coming from the patch note goddess, Morgana.

Amack
01-14-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, we really like hearing that.

It is appreciated, even if you think it isn't.

nite
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
I actually meant the Blues and Greens from a Warmaster win, kinda get that a lot and that is supposed to be fixed according to the live stream last friday..They said a win should be minimum Purples.

The live stream claimed a lot of fixes this week so i live in hope.

go home trion your drunk...

xJdKxZomBiE
01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Hate to say it, but we wouldn't have this claims items nonsense, if they had simply left the grenades alone.

I want to use Frag. And only Frag. But I cannot, because apparently my Frag to every other grenade drop ratio is like 1 Frag per 1,896,002 of every other type.

Wish I could just sell the other grenade types and carry around 35 frag grenades.

Or.....you....go back to a system that wasn't broken in the first place.

I hate seeing white, green, and blue **** on the ground that is ark salvage/scrip in potentia, but you can't do **** with it. It goes against the very concept of "looting".

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 11:20 AM
"I hate seeing white, green, and blue **** on the ground that is ark salvage/scrip in potentia, but you can't do **** with it. It goes against the very concept of "looting"."

Not to mention it's just bush league game design.
No real game leaves such a mess in the game world as well as clogging up claims to the point where it's such a chore to use at all.

Market
01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Yes, we're patching this week. Stay tuned for patch notes. They shall be coming from the patch note goddess, Morgana.

Thanks for the response, Dah!

You should go stand near her with the threat of passing your sickness on her till she does it! hahaha kidding ;)

Amack
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Like when a DLC drops... but with no DLC

The anticipation is killing me tbh. Will they have time to fix grenades? Will they break em even more? Will they be able to get me back into the game, and off the forums??!?!!?

What will happen?!?!?

Will the zaggers now explode in your face like the grenades used to?!?!?!?

Could the server status page be set to... NEVER?!?!?

Ah it's killing me!

N3gativeCr33p
01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
What will happen?!?!?

No idea, exactly... but I will be checking the forums after it drops to see what ya'll have to say about it. I have pretty much no desire to play this game whatsoever until some/most of the in-game shtako is dealt with.

Manstan
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Notice is up. Down time tomorrow in the AM for US.

Market
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM

Still no patch notes for it, though. Just says "server maintenance". :(

EDIT: Ahh, my mistake, says "and update" as well... lol

Amack
01-14-2014, 02:25 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/27yx5rl.jpg

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 02:30 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/27yx5rl.jpg

You're killin me Mac

Tekrunner
01-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Still no patch notes for it, though. Just says "server maintenance". :(

EDIT: Ahh, my mistake, says "and update" as well... lol

I was under the impression that a client patch was mentioned as well. Did I just dream that? Are surge bolters fixable with a server-only update? I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

crasher
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
9PM EST on 01-15-14

Market
01-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I was under the impression that a client patch was mentioned as well. Did I just dream that? Are surge bolters fixable with a server-only update? I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

I'm hoping that's the "update" part. Still waiting to see if any notes come up. Dah said we could be expecting that from Morgana, and since they've confirmed the patch this week, I'd imagine we could be seeing that sometime very soon. (dang I hate that word... lol)

crasher
01-14-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm hoping that's the "update" part. Still waiting to see if any notes come up. Dah said we could be expecting that from Morgana, and since they've confirmed the patch this week, I'd imagine we could be seeing that sometime very soon. (dang I hate that word... lol)

It's a conditioned response.

Odessa
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
*crosses fingers* I will be stalking the forums to see when they post patch notes.

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Sh!t I heard a bell and now I'm drooling.

crasher
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Sh!t I heard a bell and now I'm drooling.
Insidious, no?

Amack
01-14-2014, 04:14 PM

Darn them! They got Market, he's been programmed.

rebtattoo
01-14-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping that's the "update" part. Still waiting to see if any notes come up. Dah said we could be expecting that from Morgana, and since they've confirmed the patch this week, I'd imagine we could be seeing that sometime very soon. (dang I hate that word... lol)"It's being worked on and coming SOON"

Amack
01-14-2014, 04:21 PM
"It's being worked on and coming SOON"

And there goes Reb... we're dropping like flies here.

Shadow Viper
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
The patch won't really do anything, over 9 months and major game breaking issues that shouldn't have made it past beta are still not fixed. Over half the game is pretty much unplayable and it's clear Trion doesn't care about the game or it's players. The solution is obvious...

Boycott Trion until they fix Defiance, simple as that. Do not spend any more money on Defiance, no DLCs, no bits, no in-game items, etc. Defiance is in such a sad state it'll be dead in a few months unless Trion starts addressing this game's major issues and making it actually fun to play rather than an almost constant hassle where you have to contiually wade through major bugs and glitches in order to try to play the game.

I feel sorry for anyone who was tricked by Trion into buying the first two DLCs. Until Defiance is fixed and Trion shows they actually care about their customers, flushing the money down the toilet would be a better investment.

Odessa
01-14-2014, 04:40 PM
"It's being worked on and coming SOON"

It's up! I am beyond happy about the fixes.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?146333-Patch-1.206-%28hotfix%29-Patch-Notes

Amack
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
HELL YEAH!

But then let me also say...

Cleaned up loot table for Warmaster and arkbreaks to include base versions of cold fire weapons. Their chances of rolling were very low. (In the case of the battle rifle, non-existent.)

What is that?? ;)

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
It's up! I am beyond happy about the fixes.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?146333-Patch-1.206-%28hotfix%29-Patch-Notes

Credit where it's due...
If they work they look good.
I hope they work.
Little steps.
Little baby steps.

Odessa
01-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I agree.I'm just super giddy about the Warmaster achievement and surge bolter. I don't care for the warmaster battles and would love a little less dying from surge bolters on PvP. :D

I didn't see anything on being able to break down items in the claimed item section. I'd love to get rid of the grenades. They are over half of my 111 claimed items. I don't even want to open the rewards simply because they add more.

Market
01-14-2014, 05:23 PM
LOL some of you guys are killin me in here... you know who you are... :)

beepboopbeeepsoooonbeeeeep

N3gativeCr33p
01-15-2014, 06:22 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who was tricked by Trion into buying the first two DLCs.

Thanks again.

(Did you post this again anywhere else, so I can thank you for a third time?)