PDA

View Full Version : Mobs Easier

Kenshin X
01-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Mobs Easier

"It's actually your weapons are better, rarity increased damage etc. We haven't adjusted mob stats."
Fridays livestream quote

Comments like this make me sad for the game.

crasher
01-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Mobs Easier

"It's actually your weapons are better, rarity increased damage etc. We haven't adjusted mob stats."
Fridays livestream quote

Exactly right.
The damage for my TNTW purple bio heavy carbine and SAW went up several percentage points and on my very first quarry siege right after DLC-2 update dropped my score approximately doubled.

I like doing well as much as the next guy, but feeling like I was spotted ~50% the very next event just sucked all the glow of accomplishment out of it.

Amack
01-14-2014, 09:49 AM
I am a Certified Union Troller, and if you continue to take my job, I will be forced to kneecap you... I don't want to but it is protocol for this type of thing, I hope you understand.

Arsenic_Touch
01-14-2014, 09:54 AM
They may say they didn't adjust any mob stats but I really find it hard to believe when I've taken new characters with crappy guns and seen a difference. Dark matter don't pack the same punch they used to, neither do the volge.

Kibblehouse
01-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Dammit, Everytime I start to think MY skills ahve improved, just a little. Someone screams the Mobs have been nerfed. Really can't you just let me enjoy it for a little before you dump reality on me??

/sigh

Kenshin X
01-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Jeez im sorry everyone :(

I made a terrible post lol, making people all sad

Kibblehouse
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Notice, I did not say you were wrong.

And heck even reading a sad post is better than working!

crasher
01-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Jeez im sorry everyone :(

I made a terrible post lol, making people all sad
[Faxes chocolate chip cookies to Kenshin X]
You're one of us.
It's all good.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Snoopy_Glasses_thumbsup.jpg

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Mobs Easier

Fridays livestream quote

This has been their attitude since the beginning.
Whatever they use for input regarding the playability and performance of this game, we are not it. The live streams over time have proved this beyond any reasonable doubt. The information we provide is met with very uniform surprise or disbelief.Trick admits to playing almost exclusively on the GM server. I wish WE could do that. We might see how the game looks to him. My suspicion is it's quite a bit more stable and bug free but we'll never know.
So get used to it being "just us" who know the real game and it's foibles.
Trion's Defiance team either does not care or is just completely inept.
Those are the two most logical possibilities from what I have seen over the last almost ten months.

nite
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Mobs Easier

go home trion your drunk....

Wonder
01-14-2014, 12:46 PM

I'm gunna call BS on this one. My Gen-1 guns do the same damage to everything that they have always done, but I've never been able to light up a Viscera or Bulwark with my Techmag Pulser the way I can now.

N3gativeCr33p
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Fridays livestream quote

You and me both, kind sir or madam.

Amack
01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
At the current point in time, we should all be happy that the mobs do have health bars.

We should not worry ourselves about petty things like difficulty.

Manstan
01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
This has been their attitude since the beginning.
Whatever they use for input regarding the playability and performance of this game, we are not it. The live streams over time have proved this beyond any reasonable doubt. The information we provide is met with very uniform surprise or disbelief.Trick admits to playing almost exclusively on the GM server. I wish WE could do that. We might see how the game looks to him. My suspicion is it's quite a bit more stable and bug free but we'll never know.
So get used to it being "just us" who know the real game and it's foibles.
Trion's Defiance team either does not care or is just completely inept.
Those are the two most logical possibilities from what I have seen over the last almost ten months.

So you have only been playing 10 months ;)

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 01:14 PM
So you have only been playing 10 months ;)

Since launch, yes.

crasher
01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm gunna call BS on this one. My Gen-1 guns do the same damage to everything that they have always done, but I've never been able to light up a Viscera or Bulwark with my Techmag Pulser the way I can now.
In fairness, when they increased the damage that weapons do they increased the damage retroactively to all weapons, regardless of how long ago you may have looted/bought/earned them, so you can't look at an old weapon and just assume it's got the same stats it had when you first got it.

What we're arguing is that they bumped the damage up some few (%) points in DLC-2, but the mobs die [(%)x(2)] faster than they did before the DLC-2 drop date.

They claim this is not so, we claim the mob eradication is bigger than the small damage boost dictates.

Stay tuned to see who gets the next time-out.
::: Pushes Amack Ver 1.0 to the front of the crowd:::

Sacrifices have to be made to appease the powers-that-be, and, well.... you were handy.

Manstan
01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Since launch, yes.

I quit a week or so before launch. basically for the same reasons people are now ;)

Kenshin X
01-14-2014, 01:35 PM
In fairness, when they increased the damage that weapons do they increased the damage retroactively to all weapons, regardless of how long ago you may have looted/bought/earned them, so you can't look at an old weapon and just assume it's got the same stats it had when you first got it.

What we're arguing is that they bumped the damage up some few (%) points in DLC-2, but the mobs die [(%)x(2)] faster than they did before the DLC-2 drop date.

They claim this is not so, we claim the mob eradication is bigger than the small damage boost dictates.

Exactly,

regardless if our weapons got buffed or not, the new enemies would STILL go down lickity split, I can guarantee it.

I made a new toon recently, and I was TEARING apart Volge with white weapons, at Ego 100. This should NOT be the case. Volge should be killing me flat out without help at that ego....

SOMTHING changed....I know it has, they need to check their numbers.

Thatís kind of all i want, just someone to double check like with the volge drop rates, I know something is off.

Would like a LITTLE challenge for the game besides solo sieges and warmaster.....

Amack
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM

Sacrifices have to be made to appease the powers-that-be, and, well.... you were handy.

It can't be me, because I am already in the Time Out Corner.
I knew this day would come, eventually. When Crasher was finally wrong...

Amack
01-14-2014, 01:40 PM
SOMTHING changed....I know it has, they need to check their numbers.

Check their numbers??? They are a bunch of 1's and 0's... they can't make heads or tails of it.

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 01:42 PM

What they claim, and what is so, seems to almost always have a lot of daylight between.

Bonehead
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Check their numbers??? They are a bunch of 1's and 0's... they can't make heads or tails of it.

QFT and a gold star

crasher
01-14-2014, 01:44 PM
It can't be me, because I am already in the Time Out Corner.
I knew this day would come, eventually. When Crasher was finally wrong...
Scoff if you will:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXEQ8hjyGI

Double-Secret Probation.

Wonder
01-14-2014, 02:08 PM

True as that may be, I can still see that the damage numbers that pop up constantly haven't changed much (if at all), but the number of clips required to kill things have dropped off significantly. You would have to be incredibly idiotic to use a weapon regularly for almost a year and not know what the damage output numbers should look like.

Amack
01-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Defiance is written entirely in assembly language, and it doesn't assemble very well.