PDA

View Full Version : synergy problem

applehey
01-14-2014, 11:42 AM
i am Veteran . when i use 2 Veteran's weapon, i have +10% rate-of-fire after a full reload
however i don't know how to open mod sunergy. i equip 2 Quartermaster mod for my gun
it should be make my gun have+10% reload ,but it do not show that buff

Amack
01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
i am Veteran . when i use 2 Veteran's weapon, i have +10% rate-of-fire after a full reload
however i don't know how to open mod sunergy. i equip 2 Quartermaster mod for my gun
it should be make my gun have+10% reload ,but it do not show that buff

Quartermaster mods would go into a Quartermaster synergy gun.

Veteran does not need mods to activate, you only need both guns in your loadout to have Veteran on them and that makes it work.

Or you may know that already, hard to read. If you put 2 QM mods into a QM synergy gun, then it should light up to the 2nd level of the synergy. You may have to logout and then back in for it to light up.

Market
01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
What Amack said, along with the class you take when you start the game only has bearing on what guns and outfit you get to start with. There are no class related things in the game beyond that. Took me and my crew a few days to figure that out for ourselves. I went through the "I'm a veteran, why don't veteran weapons do anything extra when they're equipped?" thing as well.

crasher
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Defiance FAQ - Synergy Explained

Guy name of Grimwyrd did some good video explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME)

Amack
01-14-2014, 12:36 PM
I guess that would have been easier than trying to type it out huh? ah well...

applehey
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
this mean if my gun have loadout synergy, i can't open weapon mod synergy??

i watched the video
but my gun do not show the weapon mod synergy name
it only show loadout synergy
cuz i am low ego??
p.s 630ego

Market
01-14-2014, 01:11 PM

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the answer would be no. To elaborate, if a weapon has a loadout synergy (veteran, outlaw, etc... the ones with a [2] on them), putting Synergy mods on that weapon will not give you the extra bonuses listed on the mod (the ones listed with [1]-[4]. Those have to be placed on a gun with the same Synergy. You'll still get the benefit from the mod specific bonus. Such as an Extended Magazine mod will still grant you extra rounds in the mag, regardless of what Synergy is listed.

crasher
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
It means that if you have (for example): 'Veteran' synergy which is a loadout synergy that there is no 'Veteran' specific mod, and that you can use any synergy brand mod on it. No other synergy brand will help or hurt in any of the 4 locations, but you WILL get the basic benefit. A 1.20 mag bonus will give the 1.20 mag bonus, and it doesn't matter what synergy the mag is.

And you will only get the Veteran specific bonus if you have a 2nd Veteran weapon equipped in the same load-out at the same time. It works this way for any [2] weapon.
--------------------------
otoh, if you have a Quartermaster weapon, Any 1.20 mag mod will give the 1.20 mag bonus, but only a Quartermaster 1.20 mag will give BOTH the 1.20 mag bonus AND the 1st Quartermaster reload bonus.

If/when you add a 2nd Quartermaster mod to that same weapon, you will get whatever bonus is on that 2nd quartermaster mod, PLUS the 2nd Quartermaster specific bonus ADDED to the 1st Quartermaster bonus you already have.

And in the case of Quartermaster, or any [4] mod weapon, it does not matter what the synergy is on the 2nd weapon in the same load-out is.

It works this way for any [4] weapon

applehey
01-14-2014, 01:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ND2ll5h.png
these are my guns
some guns show the loadout
but some guns are nothing

Market
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ND2ll5h.png
these are my guns
some guns show the loadout
but some guns are nothing

The sniper rifle simply doesn't have a Synergy of any kind. As you raise your EGO rating, seeing that sort of thing will be almost nonexistent.

applehey
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
thank you all guys reply my question.
i think my ego too low D:

Market
01-14-2014, 01:58 PM
thank you all guys reply my question.
i think my ego too low D:

No problem! Happy to help out!

Amack
01-14-2014, 02:01 PM
and now I'm confused. ;)