PDA

View Full Version : removing grenades spikes stims etc

Xander Nekil
01-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Its great to hear that the defiance teams has listened to our pleas about all these things clouding our claimed and the ground, but could you guys make it to where we can pick it and instantly break it down?

Valethar
01-14-2014, 07:45 PM
I agree Xander, we should still be able to pick these up and sell/salvage them. I end up leaving quite a few blues and greens on the ground because of this. It's ridiculous.

Xander Nekil
01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Simply removing them from the game is kinda screwing players out of ark salvage. Sure it's easier but the easy way might not be best for our fellow ark hunters

crasher
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Its great to hear that the defiance teams has listened to our pleas about all these things clouding our claimed and the ground, but could you guys make it to where we can pick it and instantly break it down?
Double clicking on spikes/stims/'nades laying on the ground, that duplicate what we already have in our inventory, and going straight to AS is a great idea.

N3gativeCr33p
01-15-2014, 06:30 AM
Double clicking on spikes/stims/'nades laying on the ground, that duplicate what we already have in our inventory, and going straight to AS is a great idea.

Only question is, will someone actually see this great idea... and better yet, can it actually happen?

Market
01-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Trick addressed this on the Livestream last Friday. They're not going to make the items auto-pickup. I think the following is a direct quote (taken from Defiance Data):

"We are still not liking that because it would take away the tactical decision for encouraging grenade throwing and switching.

One of the fixes we are making is making certain that you can always pick up the grenades on the ground, at the moment there are a handful of situations which prevent you from doing that."

Granted, most of us feel that the grenade changes inspire neither tactical decision nor switching. However, always being able to pick them up is certainly welcome.

Full Livestream transcript (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=146), thanks to Defiance Data!

Manstan
01-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Don't get me started on grenades. Just a waste of time. Never have grenades to throw yet the game tells me my inventory is full.

bigguy
01-15-2014, 07:30 AM
this is just the begining this will help our claims and give us better rewards , and the better part is they are going to make it so we can loot everything off the ground but that isnt coming till the next dlc , at least i wont get two useless grenades as rewards for doing a siege anymore

N3gativeCr33p
01-15-2014, 07:59 AM
tactical decision

Tactical decision... AKA: constantly having to cycle through my inventory to refill a used stack of grenades.

Good decision pause not.

justjoker
01-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Not having played before 1.2 I don't know how the cuurent nade situation compares to previous... but I don't find the nade inventory situation so bad... there are ~ 3 type of grenades I bother using and when I need more I hit 'P' go to my claimable items and click on the type I need to reload... it's like infinite nades... now having a hundred or so claimable items (mostly nades and spikes I don't use) is another thread

duction
01-15-2014, 08:07 AM
In reality, you should have access to all your grenades in claimed when you run out of your initial 5 on you're load out it auto fills your load out stock of grenades. Maybe put a longer cool down on the auto refill from claimed? , plus the mass breakdown in claimed items should just break down what's in the claimed items section.

Make grenades and spikes/stims pick up permitted like guns and grenades.

I'm sure this would make people happy.

mr8liner
01-15-2014, 08:13 AM
I agree Xander, we should still be able to pick these up and sell/salvage them. I end up leaving quite a few blues and greens on the ground because of this. It's ridiculous.

I like i my ark salvage, I will go into my inventory 2 -5 times depending on what i am doing to break down items so i can pick up what is on the ground. I wrote to Trion/Defiance telling them that they are losing out on money by not letting us pick up everything on the ground. There is no reason to buy a loot boost or to get more inventory slots when you are constantly going into your inventory to break down. I would buy the loot boost on the weekends if they were to fix this. With the new benifits for the clan it make getting the loot boost worth it, but not if you have to leave half of everything that drops on the grouond or go into your inventory every few minutes to breakdown so you can pick whats on the ground

Market
01-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Tactical decision... AKA: constantly having to cycle through my inventory to refill a used stack of grenades.

Good decision pause not.

I simply couldn't agree more. It may have been the intention for us to equip drops straight from the ground (holding the button instead of just tapping it) but I can't stand still that long in the middle of a fight. Opening up the menu, then opening the radial menu, selecting the store, tabbing to Claim, and rooting through a list of more than 100 items to find the one you want is just pixelated suicide!

I can understand what was said about the motivation behind the whole grenade change, but since I didn't see first hand how it was in need of these changes, I am left wondering. I still stick with the grenade type that suits my loadout and never deviate from it. The only difference I'm seeing now is a metric frak-ton of Ark Salvage laying on the ground and in Claim.

Crack
01-15-2014, 08:29 AM
They definetly need to make a change to what you can do with grenades and stim/spikes that drop on the ground. Prior to the update, I spent most of my time farming for salvage and scrip. Within 15 minutes, the areas get so full of nades and stims that it gets nearly impossible to pick up salvagable loot (guns, shields, etc). It will eventually lag you out because of the amount of items its trying to render.

The positive aspect is I save real world money... there is no need for bits to buy loot boosts if you cant farm! lol

BlaqWolf
01-15-2014, 08:35 AM
As a New User I find grenades to be more a hassle than they're worth - you can only carry 5 and 'smart' opponents (humanoids and a few other types) simply dodge away from them - except the bug grenades which are pretty much the only thing I see most players using. Grenades that *chase* their targets...

IMO the most elegant solution is as many have said: Autopickup with a choice to auto-salvage or dump into your claims bin (with user selectable autosalvage options such as 'white only', white & green, ect ect.) - and when you're out of that particular grenade it automatically draws another stack from your claimable inventory with a suitable delay (let's say 30-60 seconds) if there are any stacks to be claimed.
OR - treat grenades just like every other ammo type; max 50 per 'ammo bin' and 5 per stack with a 30-60 second reload delay (which happens automatically and does not hamper the character like reloading weapons does). This option would remove them entirely from claimable stack overflow. If you have your ammo bin maxed you simply don't autocollect, just as with all other ammo drops.

Manstan
01-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Not having played before 1.2 I don't know how the cuurent nade situation compares to previous... but I don't find the nade inventory situation so bad... there are ~ 3 type of grenades I bother using and when I need more I hit 'P' go to my claimable items and click on the type I need to reload... it's like infinite nades... now having a hundred or so claimable items (mostly nades and spikes I don't use) is another thread

Yup right in the middle of battle with 3 volgue on me I want to menu out to get more grenades.

Cali Rose
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
not to mention the high probability of getting a critical error or freezing every time we go through our 300+ claim items just to look for a grenade/stim/spike....my claim item section is like a black hole...once there things may never see the light of day :(

xJdKxZomBiE
01-15-2014, 10:07 AM
I still fail to see how this new grenade system is better than what we used to have.

I get tired of using my Frag grenades, which are the only ones I like, and you have to open your inventory, hope it loads the first time, and scroll through to switch to another type, all while getting shot at.

That isn't Tactical. I want to know if anyone at Trion has a ******* clue what the word "Tactical" actually means.

We had unlimited grenades before, just a proportional timed cooldown per rarity and grenade types. Now we have this mess, which serves no other purpose than to clutter your inventory, take up valuable inventory space, and leave income in potentia lying on the ground, which bugs the crap out of me.

Ever stop to do a afflicted road side emergency? You can, and often will have the ground absolutely carpeted in loot, 70% of which are grenades, 20% are shields, and the remaining 10% is ammo/pathetic scraps of scrip.

All that money just laying there. Wasted.

It wouldnt be "as" bad if they had double classed a particular action to switch your grenade type without having to go into the inventory, such as double tap left on the D pad, boom. Grenade type switched. Press it once for Chat, double press it to change grenade type. Quick, easy, on the fly changing.

Xzelian
01-15-2014, 10:30 AM
O.k., so I think people have some very good points here, and we can all agree that the current system is incredibly stupid.

Let's look at WHY this happened though.
The same reason every bad decision that comes down the pipe happens from Trion.

Money.

People were farming for salvage, as many have noted, and able to work for lock boxes.
That means no one is buying those from the store.

In doing this, it creates a scenario in which mass farming is now rather impractical.

But as many have pointed out it backfired, because now no one wants to purchase loot bonuses.
I don't think it would have been an issue for anyone if we could have auto broken down all grenades on pickup as salvage when full on that type.
it just didn't happen and no one wants to try to see what kind of grenade is lying there before switching types.

This also brings up the entire switch process.
If the game were stable........again feasible, but it very much isn't and even opening inventory in an ark fall or event is enough for a server kick.

I don't know about PC gamers but really do expect these issues are far less prevalent for them rather than console.

Remember that the programmers for Trion don't really play their own console versions.
All live streams ALWAYS show them on PC ALWAYS.
We never see them even think twice about how their decisions effect console.

It's like the mass favorite issue.
Have a mouse.....its a pain, but a quick scroll is WAY easier than with a d-pad.

As a final note, I don't want them to remove the rewards which are "cluttered in save items."
We are rewarded less and less every day.
I want the ability to break a claim item into immediate salvage.

Players rewarded, salvage gained, problem solved.

of course that means that no one will buy lock boxes with bits.....so you can easily see where that will go.

So just a heads up Trion. With decisions like these, and people leaving left and right with every bad one, how many bit purchases do you think you will have when there is no one left playing to purchase them?

Trions goals IN ORDER should be:

1. stability
2. content
3. toys.

When those things are met, only then will players enjoy the game enough to play and spend additional dollars.

Odessa
01-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Don't get me started on grenades. Just a waste of time. Never have grenades to throw yet the game tells me my inventory is full.

Oh good... it's not just me. I stick to Pyro grenades and shouldn't have to run and hide because grenades I have NOT used are missing and therefore I have to choose a grenade that is there. By the time I switch I don't need them.

As for the person who says it's about money (next page over so don't see name), I have over a million script and salvage. If you pick up and sell/breakdown everything there is shouldn't be any shortage. The only time I use either are for lock boxes when I max on keys or for a mastered weapon I am working on. Oh, and for grenades and stimpacks. Apparently I can't use the Unclaimed ones unless I am completely out, which is just silly.

dramaQkarri
01-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Oh good... it's not just me. I stick to Pyro grenades and shouldn't have to run and hide because grenades I have NOT used are missing and therefore I have to choose a grenade that is there. By the time I switch I don't need them.

As for the person who says it's about money (next page over so don't see name), I have over a million script and salvage. If you pick up and sell/breakdown everything there is shouldn't be any shortage. The only time I use either are for lock boxes when I max on keys or for a mastered weapon I am working on. Oh, and for grenades and stimpacks. Apparently I can't use the Unclaimed ones unless I am completely out, which is just silly.

You mean this quote?

"Money.

People were farming for salvage, as many have noted, and able to work for lock boxes.
That means no one is buying those from the store."

They were talking about TRION making money in their in-game store I think. Player "scrip" money is not what Trion wants us to have - they want us to spend our real, hard-earned money in their store but it's not going to happen. Trion wishes we'd all be gullible enough to give them MORE of our real money but if you're a decent player and make sure to grab every resource handed to you, then you shouldn't have to give Trion more money than you already have, right?

I've slowly been breaking down all the crap in my claim items, it's worth it for the ark salvage at this point. Total pain in the neck but I want whatever Trion will let me have!

Odessa
01-15-2014, 11:44 AM
You mean this quote?

"Money.

That means no one is buying those from the store."

They were talking about TRION making money in their in-game store I think. Player "scrip" money is not what Trion wants us to have - they want us to spend our real, hard-earned money in their store but it's not going to happen. Trion wishes we'd all be gullible enough to give them MORE of our real money but if you're a decent player and make sure to grab every resource handed to you, then you shouldn't have to give Trion more money than you already have, right?

I've slowly been breaking down all the crap in my claim items, it's worth it for the ark salvage at this point. Total pain in the neck but I want whatever Trion will let me have!

Yeppers. That's the one. I think that if someone lives off of lock boxes it may be an issue. Since I only open them to get rid of the maxed out keys prompt I have never had an issue. I know of plenty of games that almost force you to buy from the store to continue to play. I would not put Trion in the same category. You can get enough by simply playing the game. It's when people get focused on the rare weapons that it comes into play I guess. Taking the time to sell/breakdown and run around after finishing arkfalls/sieges/etc... will pretty much sustain anyone's script and salvage needs. :)

Xzelian
01-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeppers. That's the one. I think that if someone lives off of lock boxes it may be an issue. Since I only open them to get rid of the maxed out keys prompt I have never had an issue. I know of plenty of games that almost force you to buy from the store to continue to play. I would not put Trion in the same category. You can get enough by simply playing the game. It's when people get focused on the rare weapons that it comes into play I guess. Taking the time to sell/breakdown and run around after finishing arkfalls/sieges/etc... will pretty much sustain anyone's script and salvage needs. :)

Yes I was referring to real world dollars not in game scrip.
And I still firmly believe most of the decisions center on how to get people to use bits instead of grinding.

At one point I submitted a suggestion to Trion to remove the ability to purchase lock boxes with bits from the quick menu, as many players were accidentally doing so given the faulty GUI.

Their response was to state" We have many players who use bits for lock boxes." completely skirting the question and ignoring the point that the faulty GUI allows for accidental bit purchases.
They would rather people make mistakes and then state it is un-returnable.

And I stand by what I have said that I think it has also backfired.
I have a few extra bits lying around and at this stage see almost nothing worth spending them on, nor a reason to replenish them.

Xzelian
01-15-2014, 11:53 AM
note on my original post regarding PC favoritism.

The NA PC Defiance server has been unlocked. .......

consoles.......still waiting.

Jaydogg
01-18-2014, 03:34 PM
I wish there was a way to have an auto pick up option at the least. so many times ive had a blue saw laying there but unable to pick it up because of a grenade laying on top of it that I already have. I feel I spend more time looking at the ground to see if I CAN pick anything up than actually shooting bugs!

3rdpig
01-18-2014, 07:38 PM

But first they should give us something better to do with ark salvage than buying 64 keycodes and getting 4 blue items for it, then breaking it down for 1/50th the amount we originally had.

crasher
01-18-2014, 08:33 PM
But first they should give us something better to do with ark salvage than buying 64 keycodes and getting 4 blue items for it, then breaking it down for 1/50th the amount we originally had.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0YXi4eRRE

mr8liner
01-20-2014, 09:44 AM
O.k., so I think people have some very good points here, and we can all agree that the current system is incredibly stupid.

Let's look at WHY this happened though.
The same reason every bad decision that comes down the pipe happens from Trion.

Money.

That means no one is buying those from the store.

In doing this, it creates a scenario in which mass farming is now rather impractical.

But as many have pointed out it backfired, because now no one wants to purchase loot bonuses.
I don't think it would have been an issue for anyone if we could have auto broken down all grenades on pickup as salvage when full on that type.
it just didn't happen and no one wants to try to see what kind of grenade is lying there before switching types.

This also brings up the entire switch process.
If the game were stable........again feasible, but it very much isn't and even opening inventory in an ark fall or event is enough for a server kick.

I don't know about PC gamers but really do expect these issues are far less prevalent for them rather than console.

Remember that the programmers for Trion don't really play their own console versions.
All live streams ALWAYS show them on PC ALWAYS.
We never see them even think twice about how their decisions effect console.

It's like the mass favorite issue.
Have a mouse.....its a pain, but a quick scroll is WAY easier than with a d-pad.

As a final note, I don't want them to remove the rewards which are "cluttered in save items."
We are rewarded less and less every day.
I want the ability to break a claim item into immediate salvage.

Players rewarded, salvage gained, problem solved.

of course that means that no one will buy lock boxes with bits.....so you can easily see where that will go.

So just a heads up Trion. With decisions like these, and people leaving left and right with every bad one, how many bit purchases do you think you will have when there is no one left playing to purchase them?

Trions goals IN ORDER should be:

1. stability
2. content
3. toys.

When those things are met, only then will players enjoy the game enough to play and spend additional dollars.

I only ever bought 1 loxbox for bits. I personally think that are not worth the 400 bits to get 4 blue guns. I can play the game for a few hours and get the same thing and it doesn't cost me 5 dollars.

I always wanted to do a poll seeing now many people would buy a tier 4 lb for 400 vs. a tier 4 lb for 100 bits. I would buy 0 for 400 bits but i would buy 4 at 100 bits each. It's very simple make people think that they are getting the better offer and they will spend more. I don't even buy loot boost anymore or even more inventory spots. If they would make it so we can pick everything off the ground, I would buy loot boost every weekend and i would buy at least 60 more spots, maybe even on both of my charaters.

If they wanted people to use grenades more they should have just put them on the (skills) like all the other weapons in the game. By the time they were maxed to 20 ( or whatever number) they would be stronger and the time to recharge would be less.

crasher
01-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I'd prefer an option to leave grenades/spikes and stims blank in the loadouts so I could just crush them all as I picked them all up.

I have zero desire to use that crap, and I'm firmly of the belief that a lot of the game play got unbalanced by the damned things.

And for Goddess's sake, please stop auto-favoriting the jekkin' things.

Considering that one of the main selling points of this fiasco was it was going to be faster and more efficient.

In actuality its just a huge cluster-jekk, and LOTs of people would rather lick a badger than use this shtako on purpose.

Zack Fair
01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd prefer an option to leave grenades/spikes and stims blank in the loadouts so I could just crush them all as I picked them all up.

I have zero desire to use that crap, and I'm firmly of the belief that a lot of the game play got unbalanced by the damned things.

Considering that one of the main selling points of this fiasco was it was going to be faster and more efficient.

In actuality its just a huge cluster-jekk, and LOTs of people would rather lick a badger than use this shtako on purpose.

Even this I would rather. Just let me break down all my genades and never use them. The things are more hassle then they are worth now, rather not even use them at this point.

Bonehead
01-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Yea the nades have the smell of " first time around the block bush league game design" on them for sure.

N3gativeCr33p
01-20-2014, 01:54 PM

Whatever her name is, please let me know... then I can start praying/making a sacrifice to her to stop this shtako from ever happening again.