PDA

View Full Version : Beta question (shouldnt affect NDA)

DuoMaxwell007
01-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Ok about a week ago in another forum someone said the Defiance beta is now or has went to Alpha... can someone explain that? last i checked alpha testing comes before a beta.. if you go from beta to alpha thats going backwards which means thats a pretty bad thing is it not?

Viciouz
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Ok about a week ago in another forum someone said the Defiance beta is now or has went to Alpha... can someone explain that? last i checked alpha testing comes before a beta.. if you go from beta to alpha thats going backwards which means thats a pretty bad thing is it not?

The betas are on preset days.... on a weekend or whenever trion decides it.

The Alpha is always on until trion decides its not...

So people are playing the alpha right now.... when trion decides to do a beta the alpha with switch to beta then when beta is over it will go back again.

Dolnor
01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Think of Beta tests as Stress testing... a lot of people playing the same content at the same time to break the servers!

Alpha is like the secret ongoing-buggy-new-content-that-drives-everyone-mad-except-hardcore-testers server.

Anyway, of the games I've tested... that is how it seemed to work. There is a 3rd class of servers... the Not-To-Be-Mentioned-On-Pain-Of-Perma-Ban servers where they do a lot of focused modular testings directly with the Devs. I was on one of those servers for 2 years in LOTRO...had to quit when RL issues got in the way.

TQQdles™