PDA

View Full Version : How the patch 1.206 affects Surges exactly

jackdaws_1999
01-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Here goes:
1. the patch made them about as accurate as the vbi shotgun when hip fired, however as you charge it, it gets more accurate, ending up with it being about at accurate as the VBI shotgun aimed.
2. There is about 150 -200 less base damage, although crits remain the same.
3. Aim accuracy has not changed.
4. Number of buckshots when fully charged remains 10.
5. They are slower to charge, but not rediculously so. More in line with other Charge weapons.

While at a siege with a lvl100 character it was taking 2-3 shots to kill Volge soldiers, 3-4 for elites. Vicera took around 4-8 dependant on elite status. Bombers were still 2 shot ponies.

They are now more skill related than before. Hip fired is only useful at close range, nano-fragger style. If your good at accurate sniping, then they are still Beastly. If you only used them cause you dont know what the left trigger (xbox|ps3) is for, then go find a new gun.

Basically, they are still going to be the bane on PVP, but not as much as say Zaggers with 0.0 reload. As far as sieges go, I went to 3 on the NA servers, and got 3 number ones with a sub 150 ego rated character... so sieges are still surge stomping grounds till the next glitch gun is found... (heres hoping there are no more, but hey, how likely is that). Arkfalls are untested, although I did go to 4 (last crystal or second last) and got number one 4 times, this was with Saw / Wolfhound combo though. No-one was using surges at these though.

Anyway, those who were upset at the surge being nerfed, its not that bad, still a beast. Those who were SICK of surge kill stealers... sorry your not gonna be happy, although it will now take skills to use... so not so bad.

Just so everyone knows, Im a sniper by choice, so pride myself on accuracy and frequency of shots. If your a run'n'gunner who runs dps over crits, this is not so useful a gun. If you have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn at 5 paces... leave it, go get a real shotty. If you shoot the eyes of gnats at 5,000 yards, your gonna beast everywhere.

mr8liner
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Here goes:
1. the patch made them about as accurate as the vbi shotgun when hip fired, however as you charge it, it gets more accurate, ending up with it being about at accurate as the VBI shotgun aimed.
2. There is about 150 -200 less base damage, although crits remain the same.
3. Aim accuracy has not changed.
4. Number of buckshots when fully charged remains 10.
5. They are slower to charge, but not rediculously so. More in line with other Charge weapons.

While at a siege with a lvl100 character it was taking 2-3 shots to kill Volge soldiers, 3-4 for elites. Vicera took around 4-8 dependant on elite status. Bombers were still 2 shot ponies.

They are now more skill related than before. Hip fired is only useful at close range, nano-fragger style. If your good at accurate sniping, then they are still Beastly. If you only used them cause you dont know what the left trigger (xbox|ps3) is for, then go find a new gun.

Basically, they are still going to be the bane on PVP, but not as much as say Zaggers with 0.0 reload. As far as sieges go, I went to 3 on the NA servers, and got 3 number ones with a sub 150 ego rated character... so sieges are still surge stomping grounds till the next glitch gun is found... (heres hoping there are no more, but hey, how likely is that). Arkfalls are untested, although I did go to 4 (last crystal or second last) and got number one 4 times, this was with Saw / Wolfhound combo though. No-one was using surges at these though.

Anyway, those who were upset at the surge being nerfed, its not that bad, still a beast. Those who were SICK of surge kill stealers... sorry your not gonna be happy, although it will now take skills to use... so not so bad.

Just so everyone knows, Im a sniper by choice, so pride myself on accuracy and frequency of shots. If your a run'n'gunner who runs dps over crits, this is not so useful a gun. If you have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn at 5 paces... leave it, go get a real shotty. If you shoot the eyes of gnats at 5,000 yards, your gonna beast everywhere.

Still a beast?? They are sh!t now. They aren't even worth the inventory space. A frc saw has more power now then a surge bolter.

jackdaws_1999
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Well, from my experience, and the fact I got number 1 4, read that, 4 times out of 4. with a low level character... sub 150 ego rating.. and was in against e4000+ peeps... and was in with 40+ people, all there from the start, where as I only got there with 1 or 2 crystals left.... kinda suggests otherwise...

unless you are saying I am a beast with any gun... in which case Thanks :) I really appreciate that :) and aww shucks... I almost blushed... you shouldnt have.

No... really... You Shouldnt have.

Take advice where its given. Read the post, its only good for people who know how to shoot accurately... for those who like hipfiring, keep clear.

Bonehead
01-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Still a beast?? They are sh!t now. They aren't even worth the inventory space. A frc saw has more power now then a surge bolter.

That's just silly not to mention wrong.

jackdaws_1999
01-15-2014, 08:10 PM
That's just silly not to mention wrong.

I know right, you try to enlighten someone, and they throw it back in your face with a thinly veiled compliment about the quality of your killing ability with all guns.... which Im perfectly happy to take as a compliment, but please word it that way :P

Danke
01-15-2014, 08:18 PM
I think they should have lowered the base dmg just a tad more or decreased the pellets to 8, still a viable gun.

And for charge rate it went from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.

Nefarious
01-15-2014, 08:23 PM
The Surge Bolter is still really really really strong with its charge shot. Kill Volge soldiers in 2 hits. And was able kill Bulwarks in 3. This is not even with my Sniper build. ...

The only thing I still don't like is that when its charging it gets more accurate from the hip making it still capable of of hip firing pretty damn good. Its still a 2 in 1 weapon. Its still a really strong Sniper and that power carries over to make it better at being a Charged Shotgun then the other Charge Shotguns in the game. So its Sniper Shotgun that doesn't suffer from shotgun falloff damage rates....this ****ing gun man. Whatever, at least it doesn't work like it did before. So this here as funny as it is, is still an improvement from what it was.

jackdaws_1999
01-15-2014, 08:26 PM
The Surge Bolter is still really really really strong with its charge shot. Kill Volge soldiers in 2 hits. And was able kill Bulwarks in 3. This is not even with my Sniper build. ...

The only thing I still don't like is that when its charging it gets more accurate from the hip making it still capable of of hip firing pretty damn good. Its still a 2 in 1 weapon. Its still a really strong Sniper and that power carries over to make it better at being a Charged Shotgun then the other Charge Shotguns in the game. So its Sniper Shotgun that doesn't suffer from shotgun falloff damage rates....this ****ing gun man. Whatever, at least it doesn't work like it did before. So this here as funny as it is, is still an improvement from what it was.

Agreed. The only reason I took more shots to drop the volge is the shear lack of ego rating :) But hells yes. This gun is still OP. Better, but definately OP.

B_Draco
01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Eh, at least people more often miss due to being crutched by hip fire... Still I think the adjustments to the rifle are good, though at the cost of losing T3 mods(temporarily)...

Deunan
01-15-2014, 08:30 PM
They really don't have a clue. The charge time should have added 3 seconds not become 3 seconds. There's still no recoil penalty at all for firing 10 rounds at once. Basic mathematics for analyzing the DPS of the weapon clearly escapes them but why wouldn't it? It's not as if analytical application of mathematics is an important skill for a game coder...oh...wait..... :rolleyes:

Nefarious
01-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Eh, at least people more often miss due to being crutched by hip fire... Still I think the adjustments to the rifle are good, though at the cost of losing T3 mods(temporarily)...

idk what the deal is with that. Do they still pop up at Vendor specials? They must. I took a look from what everyone was saying and indeed saw the Mod Vendors did not have them as specials.

maverick07
01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Still crazy powerful. You can feel that extra second on the charge time though. The power is still through the roof. At least hip firing while on the move isn't nearly as effective.

The Thorn Liro one I used before was unmodded. If I ever find a QM blue crit barrel for it, and maybe roll another with a better mastery, I could get DMG per shot about where it was before.

Still haven't been to any Volge Sieges today but I imagine it's still the same in the right hands. It's still really forgiving in scope and easy to quickscope with.

B_Draco
01-15-2014, 09:03 PM
idk what the deal is with that. Do they still pop up at Vendor specials? They must. I took a look from what everyone was saying and indeed saw the Mod Vendors did not have them as specials.

Umm... Well we get both T2 & T3 mods from some vendors, but with scavenger, EGO precision or prepared synergies... Or no synergy at all...

jackdaws_1999
01-15-2014, 09:07 PM
I agree, Its still a beast in the right hands, anyone who says otherwise... well, I wont say wrong hands, more wrong play style.

Its great for quick scopers, or aim and poppers.

Also a close range shotty for sure.

Its definately a go to gun when the shtako hits the big hairy gorrilla fan?... or when the Gorrilla Hits the shtako with the fan?... or when the fan hits the gorrilla with shtako?... basically theres shtako, a fan, and theres a big ape... and neither of them think the gun is underpowered.