PDA

View Full Version : stop dissing defiance plz read

goto
01-16-2014, 09:14 AM
I know a lot of defiance is gliched and hard to play but stop whining and play or don't play and if u do stop playing don't give crap about it it takes a lot of funding to keep a mmo running and a lot more to come up with mmo dlc cause ther a lot more complicated and a lot more eaxpensive to program a mmo then it is for a normal game like black ops

Sanguinesun
01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
I know a lot of defiance is gliched and hard to play but stop whining and play or don't play and if u do stop playing don't give crap about it it takes a lot of funding to keep a mmo running and a lot more to come up with mmo dlc cause ther a lot more complicated and a lot more eaxpensive to program a mmo then it is for a normal game like black ops

As I just wrote a minute ago in another similar thread:

I think that it is important to understand that criticism indicates a certain level of consideration for the game and not something that is necessarily wholly negative. What should be most disconcerting for you should be the sheer volume of people who used to so staunchly defend, criticize, or speak to things of the game who no longer do.

Another consideration is that positivity for perceived positivity sake actually reflects its diametrically set opposite.

TheButcherPete
01-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Normally, when a player finds a game awful and bug ridden, they DO quit.

But we stick around because we want to see it improve, and we aren't scared to bash Trion over the head with a brick so they'll finally see.

Arsenic_Touch
01-16-2014, 09:17 AM
This is new and productive. Here's a tip, if you don't like negative posts? either sign off or use the ignore function. To sit here and whine about complaints only accomplish two things. It makes you look like a hypocrite and it fills the forum with more nonsense.

You should be thankful for the criticism because that criticism is responsible for the game actually being fixed.

Sanguinesun
01-16-2014, 09:23 AM
This is new and productive. Here's a tip, if you don't like negative posts? either sign off or use the ignore function. To sit here and whine about complaints only accomplish two things. It makes you look like a hypocrite and it fills the forum with more nonsense.

You should be thankful for the criticism because that criticism is responsible for the game actually being fixed.

Certainly, I dont think he would want people to say nothing and allow things to move in a direction that further drowns the game in issues.

All that is necessary for the triumph of bugs and issues is for good gamers to say/do nothing.

Kenshin XX
01-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Would you rather everyone sit happily with bugs and problems, with nothing ever getting fixed because we appear happy and placid?

I say thank you to those who search for problems and bugs, and make them known. Dont even want to THINK what the game would be like without them.

honestly

dramaQkarri
01-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Oh yeah, they fixed Defiance! Wait... :mad:

LOL, kidding aside, I get what you mean and agree. Trion likes to stay in denial of issues until it is put right in front of them. The forums are essential as a communication tool to get their attention - in-game bug reports and support tickets can be ignored far too easily. But when we get on the forums and complain together in large groups, Trion HAS to acknowledge the vast issues and bugs that Defiance has. Our sincere hope is, once acknowledged, these issues will start getting fixed one day. Geez I wish I knew what day that would be...

crasher
01-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Sorry Arsenic, you're the example, today.

A sizable portion of the fixes in the game come specifically from guys like Arsenic_Touch who take the time to amass and document bugs and glitches from Alpha/Beta constant game play and thru the test servers and Live Streams.

And I'm sure he fits your criteria of a player who stirs up trouble as one example of a firebrand.

Arsenic doesn't know me here on the forums, in the game or in real life, but every time I've ever approached him in game with a comment or question he's always taken the time to be helpful and either solved a problem or provided info.

He does exactly the same thing for a lot of people here through the threads.

Some people have b!tched that people like that are part of the negativity.

In actuality, people like that are behind a solid chunk of stuff that The Devs fix so the game is stable and playable for people like you and me.

That is exactly ONE kind of 'negativity' we need in many cases. Praising the several things that work while ignoring the buckets of things that don't tells The Management and Devs that everything is great, and little needs to improve, while everyone is silently running for the exits.

Arsenic_Touch
01-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Crasher, flattery will get you everywhere. :p

Manstan
01-16-2014, 10:04 AM
If I didn't care I wouldn't criticize. If I didn't care I would just leave. Are you trying to tell me to stop caring about the game?

I know a lot of defiance is gliched and hard to play

But for me the game is nether glitchy nor hard to play. I do have issues with some of the game play though, grenades being my standby example.

but stop whining and play or don't play

But I am not whining, I am gripping and criticizing, please learn the difference.

and if u do stop playing don't give crap about it it takes a lot of funding to keep a mmo running

That sentence makes little sense. And no it does not take a lot of funding to keep an MMO open, it does to make it, but not to keep it running. I'll point to Dead frontier, where the operational costs are less then you make in a week.

and a lot more to come up with mmo dlc cause ther a lot more complicated and a lot more eaxpensive to program a mmo then it is for a normal game like black ops

Actually no. And black ops is a console game, not a "normal" game. MMOs are the norm for PCs.
More over I bet the Defiance devs wish they had the budget of Black ops to work with.

Whippersnapper
01-16-2014, 10:17 AM
We are not "dissing" Defiance. Rather, some folks are unhappy with the recent changes. From the grenade change, to nerfing the 1-2 changes people liked.

-Most don't like the new grenade system.
I get enough nades now because my clan offers loot bonus.
Still, I have to switch out nades during fights because I run out.

-Warmaster now drops more white weapons.
You should get rare, epic, and legendary weapons for fighting him.
It's expensive to call a warmaster and difficult to kill him.
Now we have a chance at getting a white weapon when killing him.

-Surge bolters were fine.
Finally! A sniper rifle that acts like a sniper rifle should be. But no!

-No nade/stim/spikes from rewards because they were "crowding" the claims box. Bah!
So now its even harder to get them for those w/o loot bonus. Just because I'm in a nice clan that offers it free, it doesn't mean I dont feel their pain. I used to go through that pain not too long ago.

Spindle
01-16-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd say based on everything the sci-fi channel has produced that this was obviously going to be bad. First off no game has ever been good when tied to a movie/show. All the ones you're thinking of were made years apart from the things they were based on. Trion has only 2 other games under their belt and it shows. The syfy channel produces an endless stream of unwatchable b movies. Their business model is that no matter how bad something is, enough people will buy it that you can make a profit if the production values are low enough. The only time they get noticed is when a title is just so bat**** crazy the internet pays attention like "sharknado". I've worked on enough games to know when a studio is polishing a product or just stringing along the consumer to maximize the returns before the show gets cancelled or the game dies. There's a reason they were practically giving defiance away with these online sales, no one who reads reviews is going to buy this game because its a lemon. They need to trick you into paying for dlcs which are pure profit.

Arsenic_Touch
01-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I'd say based on everything the sci-fi channel has produced that this was obviously going to be bad. First off no game has ever been good when tied to a movie/show. All the ones you're thinking of were made years apart from the things they were based on. Trion has only 2 other games under their belt and it shows. The syfy channel produces an endless stream of unwatchable b movies. Their business model is that no matter how bad something is, enough people will buy it that you can make a profit if the production values are low enough. The only time they get noticed is when a title is just so bat**** crazy the internet pays attention like "sharknado". I've worked on enough games to know when a studio is polishing a product or just stringing along the consumer to maximize the returns before the show gets cancelled or the game dies. There's a reason they were practically giving defiance away with these online sales, no one who reads reviews is going to buy this game because its a lemon. They need to trick you into paying for dlcs which are pure profit.

Syfy doesn't produce those movies.... they are produced by a company called the asylum. The shows that syfy syndicates or produces themselves are actually done quite well. As are their mini-series. Minus the reality shows, those are actually quite horrid. But you can't judge syfy on those movies when they're not even responsible for them.

Spindle
01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
"SyFy original films"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Syfy_original_films

They still funded and aired all that crap. All old letter networks like nbc(owns syfy) are incapable of putting anything good together.

Deunan
01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
"SyFy original films"

They still funded and aired all that crap. All old letter networks like nbc(owns syfy) are incapable of putting anything good together.They didn't fund the films listed on that Wikipedia page. They're a distributor for most of the films listed on that page and they're not even an exclusive distributor in most cases. Blind citation to Wikipedia isn't exactly the hallmark of an informed intelligent response.

N3gativeCr33p
01-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Blind citation to Wikipedia isn't exactly the hallmark of an informed intelligent response.

Quoted for truth. Well said, kind sir or madam!

Bonehead
01-16-2014, 02:22 PM
From Manstan;

"More over I bet the Defiance devs wish they had the budget of Black ops to work with."

I know I do.

DanteYoda
01-16-2014, 07:26 PM

You only look like a Hypocrite if you complain about whiners and then whine later...

Complaining is the least of this forums issues, what about the stupid posts of Bacon and many other things filling up the forums...

DeadJolt
01-16-2014, 07:33 PM

Dissing trion. All I have to say is its the only way to get threw to trion since they seem to fail at taking criticism. If you new the true lore behind defiance youd laugh your *** off and make jokes like the rest of us about the ******ed up dlc that just came out that trick probly came up with. Tip if you dont like the dissing then dont log in here just play the game.

crasher
01-16-2014, 07:33 PM
You only look like a Hypocrite if you complain about whiners and then whine later...

Complaining is the least of this forums issues, what about the stupid posts of Bacon and many other things filling up the forums...
Every sentence that has the word 'bacon' in it is one sentence that isn't whining about something.

Except for yours.....

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/182161.gif

But we accept you as one of us, anyway.

Atticus Batman
01-16-2014, 08:37 PM
"SyFy original films"

They still funded and aired all that crap. All old letter networks like nbc(owns syfy) are incapable of putting anything good together.

Please use a better site, because Syfy has nothing to do with the production of Sharknado. They only distributed it, and are NOT the only distributors either.

Sharknado company credits (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2724064/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co)

Manstan
01-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Finally got to watch the pilot episode, can I dis it? lol

Typical Syfy, put all their money in to the sets, make up, and effects, and nothing in to the writing lol Predictable and formulaic came to mind ;)

Tyrannos
01-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!