PDA

View Full Version : Top Tier Lewt is busted.

Umfafa
01-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Yep. Fairly certain.

Top tiers for sieges and arkbreaks gave you the standard 3 items and a chance at legendary.

Now, you get 3 items and some vaporware white box that doesn't exist anywhere in claims or inventory.

So, you broke all access to anything worth grinding for.

Gonna fix? Like, tomorrow? Cuz this place is gonna because a tumbleweed farm without lewt to farm.

(3 lewts for losing, 3 lewts for winning).....no moar warbabies. waste of time.

(3 lewts for losing, 3 lewts for top tier)......no moar infected sieges. waste of time.

((PS: Twitch. Look, bruddah I love my beer as well. BUT, with as many issues as this game has, it might be more professional to not be drinking at 2PM on your livestreams)).

Just sayin.

Market
01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Yep. Fairly certain.

Top tiers for sieges and arkbreaks gave you the standard 3 items and a chance at legendary.

Now, you get 3 items and some vaporware white box that doesn't exist anywhere in claims or inventory.

So, you broke all access to anything worth grinding for.

Gonna fix? Like, tomorrow? Cuz this place is gonna because a tumbleweed farm without lewt to farm.

(3 lewts for losing, 3 lewts for winning).....no moar warbabies. waste of time.

(3 lewts for losing, 3 lewts for top tier)......no moar infected sieges. waste of time.

((PS: Twitch. Look, bruddah I love my beer as well. BUT, with as many issues as this game has, it might be more professional to not be drinking at 2PM on your livestreams)).

Just sayin.

I have no idea about the substance of the table, but I think the Arkbreaker Stash that we're all seeing is the box that contained the three items that splashed before seeing the notice for said box. Think of it like the Jackpot Lockboxes, if you got 8 items it would splash up a YEAH! JACKPOT! at the end of it all.

It confused me the first time, too. If it were up to me (which it obviously totally is not! lol), I would have put the "Arkbreaker Stash" message *before* the three items were shown. That would have made far more sense to me.

Anyway, just my thought on that part of it. I've gone into four WM instances since yesterday, one was a win and the other three were... well... you know.

The losses ended up giving me greens and blues. The win awarded me a green, a blue, and a purple variant of a DLC-specific WM weapon. I can't recall the details of what I received, all I remember from it is that it made good Ark Salvage. lol

Umfafa
01-17-2014, 08:44 PM
No, what it appears is that we have an unclaimable item that used to contain our maybe legendary.

Now, there's no legendaries at all. Was pulling them very frequently before the patch. I've done a dozen warbabies so far with no legendary drops. They borked it.

Bonehead
01-17-2014, 08:45 PM
No, what it appears is that we have an unclaimable item that used to contain our maybe legendary.

Now, there's no legendaries at all. Was pulling them very frequently before the patch. I've done a dozen warbabies so far with no legendary drops. They borked it.

Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!

N7_Legion
01-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Market is correct about the "Arkbreaker Stash" message coming after the lewt. Here is a message from customer service, take it as you will:

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We were able to do some more investigation and it appears that you did receive items in last nights Arkbreaker Stash. I see that you received a Rare VOT Disruptor that was 5k EGO, VBI TACC Assault Rifle that was Uncommon at 4900 EGO, and an Epic Clusterdrop Detonator that was 5k EGO.

Right now there is an issue where the items will be added to your inventory before the Stash appears on the screen, but you do still receive the items. I apologize for any confusion that this has caused, but I hope this clears up any confusion!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

Sincerely,

GM Treance
Trion Worlds Inc.

As for the lack of oranges, well, that's a different story.

Umfafa
01-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Well, I haven't received a 4th item since the patches. So that means they cut off that 4th item. Sometimes it was a purple grenade, other times it was a legendary new weapon.

They tried to nerf grenades showing up AS rewards, and instead......nerfed the reward so no grenades would show up.

Market
01-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Market is correct about the "Arkbreaker Stash" message coming after the lewt. Here is a message from customer service, take it as you will:

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We were able to do some more investigation and it appears that you did receive items in last nights Arkbreaker Stash. I see that you received a Rare VOT Disruptor that was 5k EGO, VBI TACC Assault Rifle that was Uncommon at 4900 EGO, and an Epic Clusterdrop Detonator that was 5k EGO.

Right now there is an issue where the items will be added to your inventory before the Stash appears on the screen, but you do still receive the items. I apologize for any confusion that this has caused, but I hope this clears up any confusion!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

Sincerely,

GM Treance
Trion Worlds Inc.

As for the lack of oranges, well, that's a different story.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

I really don't think they intended us to be collecting the amount of orange weapons from that fight as we were. Compare it to the rate at which we normally see orange gear from Lockboxes. I'm not saying I like it as it is! I would like a bit better chance at them seeing what we have to deal with in the WM instances with people who don't know what they're doing. However, I seriously doubt the rate we were getting them before was truly intended.

Vendor Valerie
01-17-2014, 10:17 PM
But, but guys! Trion said we'd get "Some of the best loot in the game" if we kill it!

http://i.imgur.com/RclvAVi.png

it wouldn't be the first time Trion lied to us.

ironcladtrash
01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
I really don't think they intended us to be collecting the amount of orange weapons from that fight as we were. Compare it to the rate at which we normally see orange gear from Lockboxes. I'm not saying I like it as it is! I would like a bit better chance at them seeing what we have to deal with in the WM instances with people who don't know what they're doing. However, I seriously doubt the rate we were getting them before was truly intended.

I would be shocked if they didn't use that as an excuse for them accidently nerfing the rewards and not knowing they did it or how to fix it. However the drop rate is supposed to be better for defeating the Warmaster. It takes a lot of skill and coordination to defeat him. It's very easy to get keys for lock boxes. If the rate was the same as the lockboxes there would be no point to do the War Master.

Market
01-17-2014, 10:45 PM
I would be shocked if they didn't use that as an excuse for them accidently nerfing the rewards and not knowing they did it or how to fix it. However the drop rate is supposed to be better for defeating the Warmaster. It takes a lot of skill and coordination to defeat him. It's very easy to get keys for lock boxes. If the rate was the same as the lockboxes there would be no point to do the War Master.

I'm actually giving them the benefit of doubt on this one and thinking they did it intentionally. I can't really say either way, but it's just my own opinion. If that's the case, it's not like they are going to be able to come out and say "Hey guys! We know that you've been used to the OJ drop rates on the Warmaster these past several weeks, but um... yeah, we can't have that many legendaries rolling around out there... so, we've dropped it into the floor! Enjoy the grind!!" lol

Yeah, pretty sure that would just about light the torches and hand us the pitchforks... lol

On another note, I think doing anything (and I mean anything) to a game with a community like this (especially like this one... lol) without telling is us simply a bad move.

Much of what goes on here would be far more acceptable if they'd just be straight-forward with us.

Who knows. It may have been intentional to keep the game from being flooded with weapons that are supposed to be quite rare. It could have been accidental or a nasty side effect of some other thing they were working on. Who knows. Do the Devs even know... lol

I think the drop rate for OJ's should be somewhere in the middle of where it was and where it is now, but that's just my own thing...

ironcladtrash
01-17-2014, 10:53 PM
On another note, I think doing anything (and I mean anything) to a game with a community like this (especially like this one... lol) without telling is us simply a bad move.

Much of what goes on here would be far more acceptable if they'd just be straight-forward with us.

I completely agree with you here.

Who knows. It may have been intentional to keep the game from being flooded with weapons that are supposed to be quite rare. It could have been accidental or a nasty side effect of some other thing they were working on. Who knows. Do the Devs even know... lol

I think the drop rate for OJ's should be somewhere in the middle of where it was and where it is now, but that's just my own thing...

This is funny because I made a comment about this earlier today from another thread and I will quote myself.

You would think I would have a decent one but sadly no, just OK. I have probably about 100 legendaries and about 95 of them suck. Separate conversation, but I find it funny when anyone says the drop rates for legendaries are fine. If they weren't mostly horrible it would be fine. If I am going to continuously get crap legendaries after how long it took to get them, the drop rate should increase. Then I might have a chance at a truly legendary weapon. All my best stuff I bought from some one else.

Tekrunner
01-18-2014, 01:34 AM

On yesterday's livestream Trick said that orange drop rate is supposed to be the same as before. If it isn't, we should probably collect some data and submit it on the next livestream.

Market
01-18-2014, 01:49 AM
On yesterday's livestream Trick said that orange drop rate is supposed to be the same as before. If it isn't, we should probably collect some data and submit it on the next livestream.

He did?? I honestly don't recall him saying that! I'll have to watch it again. I find it hard to believe he's correct, if that's the case! Thanks for the info, I really don't know what to say now! lol

Edit: The above is not meant to sound like I doubt what you say, Tek! I hope it didn't come across that way! lol

Tekrunner
01-18-2014, 01:56 AM
He did?? I honestly don't recall him saying that! I'll have to watch it again. I find it hard to believe he's correct, if that's the case! Thanks for the info, I really don't know what to say now! lol

Edit: The above is not meant to sound like I doubt what you say, Tek! I hope it didn't come across that way! lol

Umm, I think that what I wrote was a bit confusing. What Trick said stops at the first period. The part about collecting data is my own suggestion to get Trion to fix the issue.

DSW
01-18-2014, 01:58 AM
anybody knows what am i supposed to get when i see "Received: Volge Warmaster" on screen?

Market
01-18-2014, 02:37 AM
Umm, I think that what I wrote was a bit confusing. What Trick said stops at the first period. The part about collecting data is my own suggestion to get Trion to fix the issue.

I wasn't confused at all! I read it that way! :)

I was watching the stream but must have been distracted when he said that. I'm pretty sure with the way people are talking about it that Trick is mistaken on the subject. I've seen one person in Zone say something about getting an OJ since the patch and that is FAAAAR less than I've seen in weeks prior. I've been in a few wins since and I haven't gotten one yet, either. If I had to put down a guess on what I was seeing before, it would have to be 1:3 or 4. (OJ:wins) Certainly worth tracking the info. We'll need all the help we can get for them to listen about this sort of thing! lol

anybody knows what am i supposed to get when i see "Received: Volge Warmaster" on screen?

I think that message is telling us that he was beaten. Not certain, just my best guess.

Umfafa
01-18-2014, 03:07 AM

A nice memory? Cuz it isn't accessible anywhere else.

Edit: actually that snark was for the warmaster stash. the other warmaster thing is an easy way to make sure everyone gets the kill achievement.

(see what I did there?...)

DIS
01-18-2014, 03:29 AM
Maybe if Trick wasn't drinking at 2 in the afternoon AT WORK we wouldn't have these problems. Anyone else notice how he seems to be surprised by every other issue someone asks about? Maybe he should spend a little more time with Defiance and a tad less with Negro Modelo.

crasher
01-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Maybe if Trick wasn't drinking at 2 in the afternoon AT WORK we wouldn't have these problems. Anyone else notice how he seems to be surprised by every other issue someone asks about? Maybe he should spend a little more time with Defiance and a tad less with Negro Modelo.
Dunno.
Maybe he's a grumpybear when he drinks MtDew/DrPepper?

N3gativeCr33p
01-18-2014, 04:51 AM

Just sayin.

I agree with both of the above comments.

Also... did anyone else notice dahanese asked the same question (regarding "give us clear, concise answers besides soon or we're working on it") from a previous live stream? I did.

Umfafa
01-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Ok, I'm absolutely positive now that top tier lewt is broken.

There is no extra orange roll any longer for sieges or arkbreaks.

And, there's still only one interior on the arkbreaks, when there were supposed to be a few?

Ok. Yep. Teh lewts is borked.

DanteYoda
01-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!

^ what they said the Warmaster loot tables are firmly busted ***

Anthalus
01-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Yup totally bOrked done 20+ warmasters over 2 days no OJs would have got 3-8 before, none of my clan or any other I know has had a OJ from the warmaster either! I just hope they are fixing the shoddy mechanism that allows it to give me 8 yes 8 sweepers, 6 Crankshots, 6 ClusterDrop Launchers, 4 Recon rifles, 5 Headshots, 4 Tripleshot Fraggers, but only 1 Springer, 1 Needler 1 blast fragger and NO zaggers. Why was the real rubbish (ok headshots are nice but have 3 fire, 1 rad and 1 electric, no syphon) dropping loads but anything that I actually wanted non-existant!?

Mr B
01-19-2014, 05:41 AM
I got an orange typhoon-X ar yesterday at a major arkbreak.So they can drop.What i noticed though is that, yeah the wm does survive quite a lot of fights since the surge bolters much needed nerf, a lot of people still don't have a clue of what to do.I mean, yes ground pounders do some good damage to him BUT you don't help breaking the crystal, making the damage you do irrelevant.Not to mention the explosion effects :D

DSW
01-19-2014, 06:35 AM
just got OJ casti springer from WM. maybe they just lowered OJ drop rate to same of lock boxes, because ark stash seems to be a variation of it.

DanteYoda
01-19-2014, 08:12 AM

He said something like he removed the green and blue rolls and added Epic and legendary Rolls, which is totally not what we are seeing at all.

Holy Bahamut3
01-19-2014, 09:14 AM
He said something like he removed the green and blue rolls and added Epic and legendary Rolls, which is totally not what we are seeing at all.
It only makes sense under a context that it was a mistake he made that he fixed for the patch, which I didn't pick up on at all. It seemed he was stating that he was making our drops better not worse. My conclusion is he unintentially broke the drops.

Ironhide
01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
It only makes sense under a context that it was a mistake he made that he fixed for the patch, which I didn't pick up on at all. It seemed he was stating that he was making our drops better not worse. My conclusion is he unintentially broke the drops.

I'm seeing the same thing on the PS3, before the patch for the spilitshots and all that things were fine, I could do the Warmaster and 3 out of 5 times could get an orange along with 3 other drops, now its just what they call the Arkbreaker stash which is usually a purple and a blue or green or combination of the lesser rarity. Since this last patch the PS3 playerbase has dried up or I get put into instances/shards with no one else there. I wish they would have worried about the PS3 stability issues, but I guess they don't have anyone who understands Linux based programing.

Arsenic_Touch
01-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Yes fufu, it's busted. S'why things are quiet on the clan front, people are waiting for them to fix it.

Ironhide
01-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Arsenic, keep up the good work on keeping Trion accountable, I maybe on the PS3, but I'm glad someone is holding Trions @$$ to the fire.

Market
01-19-2014, 11:05 AM

... for the DLC exclusive weapon roll, only. Not all three. I made this mistake as well. I thought he was talking about all three item drops, but that wasn't the case. After reading the transcript on Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=150) (look about 3/4 down the page), I realized where I misunderstood.

The WM is indeed still dropping oranges, he's just not pooping them every other fight like he once was.

crasher
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes fufu, it's busted. S'why things are quiet on the clan front, people are waiting for them to fix it.
OK, I can see I'm gonna be getting in trouble, soon....

Arsenic_Touch
01-19-2014, 12:24 PM
OK, I can see I'm gonna be getting in trouble, soon....

I call him little bunny fufu sometimes. I've even gone into song on teamspeak when he decides to get on there. It started after someone called him fufu on teamspeak and I thought of the song, heh.

You know the lyrics "little bunny fufu, I don't wanna see you, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head" ?

crasher
01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I call him little bunny fufu sometimes. I've even gone into song on teamspeak when he decides to get on there. It started after someone called him fufu on teamspeak and I thought of the song, heh.

You know the lyrics "little bunny fufu, I don't wanna see you, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head" ?
100% with you on this.
I can see it in detail.
Watch out, he's looking this way.
Act casual.....

Market
01-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Yeah, thanks for that... now it's going to be stuck in my head all day... lol

Bonehead
01-19-2014, 12:49 PM

You gotta record that and post it Touch.
Instant classic!

Festival
01-19-2014, 01:02 PM
You gotta record that and post it Touch.
Instant classic!
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt9xgPahLM

With bonus points for over-the-top Aussie accent...

Umfafa
01-19-2014, 03:33 PM
See how great CORE is? How many of your clan leaders will sing you a nice nursery rhyme before bedtime?

:P

Amack
01-19-2014, 04:06 PM
This figures, I am seeing the epic and legendary roll happening for my account. I have yet to win that legendary roll, but I have received purple gear of all variations, new named weapons, and original game weapons.

Just received a fun little triple reload VBI A/R with lightning and the bugged purple grenade roll from him.

Amack
01-19-2014, 04:38 PM
We just killed him with 2:05 remaining.

I received a purple syphon saw along with a purple quick blaster. The purple quick blaster could have very well been orange, but I missed that RNG roll.

It is working as intended.

Perhaps the %'s are off a bit (we will never know), but they are being distributed properly.

Amack
01-19-2014, 05:20 PM
A bit of more info,

Just failed the warmaster, and still received a single purple Volge Lightning Rifle...

If you want to see those Orange Lightning Rifles, Typhoons, and Thunderer Pistols... I am afraid you are going to have to farm him.

Edit: LOL @ Crasher. I see what you did there!

crasher
01-19-2014, 05:33 PM
We just killed him with 2:05 remaining.

I received a purple syphon saw along with a purple quick blaster. The purple quick blaster could have very well been orange, but I missed that RNG roll.

It is working as intended.

Perhaps the %'s are off a bit (we will never know), but they are being distributed properly.
If you got them, that last statement is broken.

Just sayin'...
:)

DanteYoda
01-19-2014, 05:59 PM
... for the DLC exclusive weapon roll, only. Not all three. I made this mistake as well. I thought he was talking about all three item drops, but that wasn't the case. After reading the transcript on Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=150) (look about 3/4 down the page), I realized where I misunderstood.

The WM is indeed still dropping oranges, he's just not pooping them every other fight like he once was.

I never got them every other fight before it was a 1:10 ratio now its a 0:0 ratio how is that a fix?

Warmaster Loot

The way that we changed the warmaster loot, was previously the warmaster loot table when you defeated him was rolling both uncommon and rares for your DLC 2 specific weapons. We removed both of those, and left the epic and legendary.
The way that reads still says too me its broken..

I understand what your saying but until i see a oj with my own eyes i'm standing by top tier loot is broken sorry...

P.s. I've never gotten a legendary that wasn't DLC2 specific from the Warmaster rewards.

Umfafa
01-19-2014, 06:20 PM
A bit of more info,

Just failed the warmaster, and still received a single purple Volge Lightning Rifle...

If you want to see those Orange Lightning Rifles, Typhoons, and Thunderer Pistols... I am afraid you are going to have to farm him.

Edit: LOL @ Crasher. I see what you did there!

Yeah, that's what I was sayin. It's 3 items now whether you win or lose. GGP, GBP, whatever the case may be...with new weapon types mixed in there. But no legendary rolls. That's being taken up by the white empty vaporbox. I won 2 times ago, and got PPG. Lost the next 2 times and got GGB, GBP.

Before the patch, if you won...it was those 3 plus an extra chance at leg. They dropped every 3 or 4 wins fairly regularly. Now, nada.

Amack
01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
The top tier rarity for Arkbreaker stash is purple. Meaning, if you lose, you might get a purple if you are lucky.

The top tier rarity for Warmaster stash is orange. Meaning, if you win, you might get an orange if you are REALLY lucky... lol.

crasher
01-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I was sayin. It's 3 items now whether you win or lose. GGP, GBP, whatever the case may be...with new weapon types mixed in there. But no legendary rolls. That's being taken up by the white empty vaporbox. I won 2 times ago, and got PPG. Lost the next 2 times and got GGB, GBP.

Before the patch, if you won...it was those 3 plus an extra chance at leg. They dropped every 3 or 4 wins fairly regularly. Now, nada.

Go back and log in again:
There's a disclaimer that explains the vaporware box, and how it's all just a big misunderstanding.

I just checked - It hasn't been edited in to the patch notes, so it appears that the only place you'll see it is during log-in.

I know it's in the top-right corner of the screen where you choose which 'toon to play.

Umfafa
01-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Wait.

A box.

That explains that the cake wasn't really a cake....

No. I refuse to believe that. I've already paid for that game.

Bonehead
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Some one left the cake out in the rain.

crasher
01-20-2014, 03:32 AM
Go back and log in again:
There's a disclaimer that explains the vaporware box, and how it's all just a big misunderstanding.

I just checked - It hasn't been edited in to the patch notes, so it appears that the only place you'll see it is during log-in.

I know it's in the top-right corner of the screen where you choose which 'toon to play.

Wait.

A box.

That explains that the cake wasn't really a cake....

No. I refuse to believe that. I've already paid for that game.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/WMStashinfoforFufu.jpg

crasher
01-20-2014, 03:33 AM
Sorry for the double-tap.
I swear, it was lag... all lag, I dint do nuffin'.

Arsenic_Touch
01-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Too bad the real misunderstanding is Trion and their drop rates.