PDA

View Full Version : No reason to do Warmaster anymore

TalynOne
01-18-2014, 01:57 PM
He doesn't drop oranges anymore so he's not worth the batteries/hassle.

Yea he glitched, yea it was a pretty big hassle to get the right group of people to fight him in the right way to get a successful kill (usually by letting an instance fill with scrubs to join a new instance with people who knew how to fight him/wait for a full floor), but because of the old orange drop rates, though most of the time the oranges were crap or with crap synergies and/or crap masteries, it was worth it for the semi-decent chance of a decent legendary.

Now people aren't getting legendaries anymore, if I wanted a purple DLC 2 weapon I would just do am/going to do minors arkbreakers only. More likely I'll just stop doing them altogether unless I want to level a BMG on somebody else's battery.

Good job TRION for again not understanding how and why people play your game.

Market
01-18-2014, 02:28 PM
I still find the fight worth the time, but I know I'm in a vast minority as far as that's concerned. The game is more than just the rewards for me, so the challenge of the fight still being the only real challenge in the game still has me going back. Yes, it's frustrating to get in there to find people laying on the ground, using less than effective weapons, not waiting for a full instance, and with all the bugs that still remain.

Saying it's not worth the hassle "for you" would be more appropriate given the situation. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just pointing out that not everyone thinks this way. I play the game for several reasons, the drops being one small part of it. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that a game made simply for the destination would get very boring very quickly. If we all got into a room to line up before a box that dropped perfect gear every time for everyone, we'd all have been done with it a long time ago!

This isn't to say I'm perfectly happy with the whole thing. I'm not. I totally agree that there should be better chance than there is currently. That hunt for "our perfect weapon" is what drives many to go back again and again. So, that I cannot argue. Perhaps I'm an exception to the rule, but I get just as much enjoyment out of the chase as I do from the reward. I certainly would like to see the drop rates brought up a bit from where they are now, but I don't think where they were before is a good idea either. Legendary is supposed to be beyond rare, not common like they were between the WM release and a few days ago.

Festival
01-18-2014, 02:29 PM
If you're fighting the Warmaster for any reason other than because you enjoy it, then you're Doing It Wrong.

Bonehead
01-18-2014, 02:32 PM
If you're fighting the Warmaster for any reason other than because you enjoy it, then you're Doing It Wrong.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Vendor Valerie
01-18-2014, 02:35 PM
But guuuuuuuys!

http://i.imgur.com/RclvAVi.png

TalynOne
01-18-2014, 02:37 PM
He holds no challenge for me, I've beat him literally over a hundred times. I'm usually in top 3 score list but really it's about having at least 8-9 people who know what they're doing. If enjoy crap rewards for considerable effort then you don't understand a tenant of basic game design, a feeling of "progression".

Overtkill21
01-18-2014, 02:38 PM
... Saying it's not worth the hassle "for you" would be more appropriate given the situation. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just pointing out that not everyone thinks this way...

I find this bit of logic curious. Is he saying he speaks for everyone? Does not everyone speak for themselves and this is implied by the fact that they are speaking? Must we always say, this is my opinion, prior to stating what is obviously our opinion?

Let me put it another way:

"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language."

http://magicksoul.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/47347-juddnelson.jpg

Market
01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
I find this bit of logic curious. Is he saying he speaks for everyone? Does not everyone speak for themselves and this is implied by the fact that they are speaking? Must we always say, this is my opinion, prior to stating what is obviously our opinion?

Let me put it another way:

"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language."

I see your point, and I should have read it as an opinion. It does say outright "No reason to do Warmaster anymore" and "He doesn't drop oranges anymore so he's not worth the batteries/hassle.", so it was an easy mistake to make. Especially since I know someone who got an OJ from him last night.

It's not so much that people should be saying when something is an opinion, but moreover not bringing information about as fact because it's been their sole experience. I've never personally seen an OJ Syphon SAW. Does that mean nothing in the game drops them, ever? Of course not.

I'll take what you said into consideration when I read things like this from now on, though. :)

Vendor Valerie
01-18-2014, 02:47 PM
I see your point, and I should have read it as an opinion. It does say outright "No reason to do Warmaster anymore" and "He doesn't drop oranges anymore so he's not worth the batteries/hassle.", so it was an easy mistake to make. Especially since I know someone who got an OJ from him last night.

It's not so much that people should be saying when something is an opinion, but moreover not bringing information about as fact because it's been their sole experience. I've never personally seen an OJ Syphon SAW. Does that mean nothing in the game drops them, ever? Of course not.

I'll take what you said into consideration when I read things like this from now on, though. :)

If they nerfed his droprate to tier 4 box levels, while his pool for drop-able oranges is only DLC2 weapons, and a LOT of the DLC2 weapons are rather MEH, then yes, this isn't worth doing anymore. So much for endgame content with worthwhile rewards. Hello purple Thunderer #64

Escyos
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Your're right, there is no reason to fight him anymore.

I remember when I used to play my old PS1, everytime I completed a level on a game money poured out of the console. THAT is how a game should work, we should always get stuff for doing stuff - its not like games are made to be enjoyable.......

(BTW I am beign VERY sarcastic.)

ironcladtrash
01-18-2014, 04:24 PM
He doesn't drop oranges anymore so he's not worth the batteries/hassle.

Yea he glitched, yea it was a pretty big hassle to get the right group of people to fight him in the right way to get a successful kill (usually by letting an instance fill with scrubs to join a new instance with people who knew how to fight him/wait for a full floor), but because of the old orange drop rates, though most of the time the oranges were crap or with crap synergies and/or crap masteries, it was worth it for the semi-decent chance of a decent legendary.

Now people aren't getting legendaries anymore, if I wanted a purple DLC 2 weapon I would just do am/going to do minors arkbreakers only. More likely I'll just stop doing them altogether unless I want to level a BMG on somebody else's battery.

Good job TRION for again not understanding how and why people play your game.

100% spot on. Since they horribly broke PVP with surge bolter and spikes and a ton of other problems, I could at least farm the War Master for legendaries to use in PVP when it gets fixed. Now I have reached my tipping point. The surge bolter nerf did almost nothing for PVP and they broke the rewards. I think I need a hiatus until they fix all the issues.

DanteYoda
01-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Honestly i play Defiance for the loot Chase, same for Diablo, Borderlands etc, if that dries up i tend to stop playing..

I feel the Warmaster is now pointless with very little loot, i hope its fixed soon as my friends are starting to look at other games Trion, just letting you know..

Bonehead
01-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Honestly i play Defiance for the loot Chase, same for Diablo, Borderlands etc, if that dries up i tend to stop playing..

I feel the Warmaster is now pointless with very little loot, i hope its fixed soon as my friends are starting to look at other games Trion, just letting you know..

Or you could fix it with this;

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486687790835839635/2C8F18F2B8E8B530791A60E57F81012CE8633868/

Get those drop rates back up where they belong with only a small cash investment!
Available at your friendly neighborhood bit store!
Buy one today!!

and don't forget to tell em,

Jim sent ya!

ironcladtrash
01-18-2014, 07:27 PM

Get those drop rates back up where they belong with only a small cash investment!
Buy one today!!

Jim sent ya!

WHAT THE ****!!!! There was not even a mention of this on the damn live stream. If the nerf was truly an accident any semi intelligent person would have realized right away that when we said the War Master loot was nerfed that maybe it's not a coincidence that this goes in the real money store at the same time. Shows once again that Trick and Dahanese are flat out lying or the level of disconnect they have with the game.

Market
01-18-2014, 07:56 PM
I know I'm probably just crazy... but... isn't that what the Loot Boost has always been? I mean, it's been in the game since release...

But hey, if ya wanna light the torches and get the pitchforks, what could I do to stop it? lol

(lest we forget, Trion is a company in business to make money. They're no different than any other on the planet in that respect.)

Amack
01-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Now you're just talking crazy again!!!!

ironcladtrash
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
I know I'm probably just crazy... but... isn't that what the Loot Boost has always been? I mean, it's been in the game since release...

But hey, if ya wanna light the torches and get the pitchforks, what could I do to stop it? lol

(lest we forget, Trion is a company in business to make money. They're no different than any other on the planet in that respect.)

No, the loot boost was the frequency of drops not the rarity which this is.

Deunan
01-18-2014, 10:24 PM
No, the loot boost was the frequency of drops not the rarity which this is.It's still the frequency of drop. It's the same loot boost since release. Trust me, absolutely nothing has changed for loot boosts. I use them enough to know when it's the exact same one I've been using for months. Read the detail description.

Overtkill21
01-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the same garbage that's been in there. The wording was garbage way back when also if I remember correctly.

I'm no loot boost purchaser.

Arsenic_Touch
01-18-2014, 11:17 PM
It's still the frequency of drop. It's the same loot boost since release. Trust me, absolutely nothing has changed for loot boosts. I use them enough to know when it's the exact same one I've been using for months. Read the detail description.

It says rarity, not frequency or number of drops. Trion has said in the past that the loot boost is for the number of drops, then even had a weekend where the loot boost was supposed to be for the rarity of drops but it ended up being for the frequency, the store advertisement says it's for the rarity. The detail description doesn't actually say anything under the store.

Deunan
01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
The detail description doesn't actually say anything under the store.It says for boost type "Loot Drop" (not Loot Rarity) and it says the Boost is "10%" as in 10% chance of loot dropping. When you purchase it, it runs in the exact same boost slot as it has since launch, the only loot boost slot that's existed since launch and the one currently running a 25% event loot boost now. I don't care what it sounds like. It's the same loot boost that's always existed so the theories that it's some sinister way of cashing in on nerfing Warmaster rarity drops are simply false.

Arsenic_Touch
01-18-2014, 11:37 PM
It says for boost type "Loot Drop" (not Loot Rarity) and it says the Boost is "10%" as in 10% chance of loot dropping. When you purchase it, it runs in the exact same boost slot as it has since launch, the only loot boost slot that's existed since launch and the one currently running a 25% event loot boost now. I don't care what it sounds like. It's the same loot boost that's always existed so the theories that it's some sinister way of cashing in on nerfing Warmaster rarity drops are simply false.

http://i.imgur.com/y2OQG8p.jpg

What does that say?

Bonehead
01-18-2014, 11:38 PM
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486687790835839635/2C8F18F2B8E8B530791A60E57F81012CE8633868/

This indicates to me an increase of rarity.

Deunan
01-18-2014, 11:47 PM
What does that say?So what? It's not the detail screen and the fact is that the loot boost is the same one that's been in the store for months and that it doesn't affect and has never affected the rarity of the drop just the percentage chance of loot dropping. That's what it does and that's what it's always done. It's not new and it has nothing to do with any recent nerfing of rarity drop rates.

Arsenic_Touch
01-18-2014, 11:56 PM
So what? It's not the detail screen and the fact is that the loot boost is the same one that's been in the store for months and that it doesn't affect and has never affected the rarity of the drop just the percentage chance of loot dropping. That's what it does and that's what it's always done. It's not new and it has nothing to do with any recent nerfing of rarity drop rates.

It's clear that you're having trouble understanding this. It clearly says RARITY. There is no other discussion to be had on this. I never said anything about the recent bumbling of the drops, I'm talking about what it is says now, not what you think it does or what it did in the past.

crasher
01-19-2014, 02:06 AM
It's clear that you're having trouble understanding this. It clearly says RARITY. There is no other discussion to be had on this. I never said anything about the recent bumbling of the drops, I'm talking about what it is says now, not what you think it does or what it did in the past.
There is ALSO the issue of all the NEW players, who haven't been seeing that or any window/description/info in the past.
All they have to go by is that window, with that info, when they go to the DEFI store.

And as most of us know, most of the player base, especially the new ones, do NOT come to the forums, so they've got NO benefit of this or any conversation.
All they know is what they read on that page.

Arsenic_Touch
01-19-2014, 02:09 AM
There is ALSO the issue of all the NEW players, who haven't been seeing that or any window/description/info in the past.
All they have to go by is that window, with that info, when they go to the DEFI store.

And as most of us know, most of the player base, especially the new ones, do NOT come to the forums, so they've got NO benefit of this or any conversation.
All they know is what they read on that page.

Yeah. There's clearly an issue here.

drackiller
01-19-2014, 02:33 AM

Finally, someone with good sense :)

Arsenic_Touch
01-19-2014, 02:36 AM
Finally, someone with good sense :)

Hardly. There's no wrong reason for doing it. Most do it for the loot, some do it for the clan experience, some do it for fun.

The fun gets reduced when there's no drops for your effort or when the encounter boots you, or the encounter glitches out. There's no reason to do it for clan experience when you're already 10 in arkbreaks. So that leaves the loot and fun factor that are tied together.

BlaqWolf
01-19-2014, 02:44 AM
What's the big issue about this loot boost?
It's 10% people! 10% of squat all of nothing is guess what? SQUAT ALL OF NOTHING.

If the current instance% on epics is 0.2% then you're going to get a whopping 0.22%, that's it. IT'S NOT EVEN MEASURABLE, except in the pockets of the game producer. (mind you, the drop rate of 'epics' seems to be around 0.02% or lower, so take that into your 10% equation, m'kay?)

Don't pad their pockets with that useless crap. It's not even permanent. Almost all of the fantasy MMO's I've tried - and laughed at loudly - have a permanent 'magic find' boost or gain through character progression. D3 has paragon levels and heroic stacks. GW2 has 'luck' stuff to permanently boost your magic (i.e. rarity) potential.
This ego 'boost' is nothing more than a lame attempt to rip off the players and if you fall for it you're a fool.

Arsenic_Touch
01-19-2014, 02:55 AM
D3 has paragon levels and heroic stacks. GW2 has 'luck' stuff to permanently boost your magic (i.e. rarity) potential.
This ego 'boost' is nothing more than a lame attempt to rip off the players and if you fall for it you're a fool.

D3 boosts are earned through in game play, not paid for with real money. GW2 magic boosts can be bought with gold, and real money, so that's not an issue. Where as this is something that is only available for real money. The issue is if it does what it says, it's another slip of pay to win, however minor you believe it to be. If it doesn't do what it says, it's false advertisement. Either way it's an issue worth putting focus on regardless of your opinion on the matter.

DanteYoda
01-19-2014, 03:07 AM

Buy one today!!

Jim sent ya!

I understand that, unfortunately as Amack said that governs the Quantity of loot not the Quality..

While the loot was crap before the last "Fix" it is now nonexistent and well nonexistent loot equals nonexistent participation...

Bubblegoose
01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
I still find the fight worth the time, but I know I'm in a vast minority as far as that's concerned. The game is more than just the rewards for me, so the challenge of the fight still being the only real challenge in the game still has me going back. Yes, it's frustrating to get in there to find people laying on the ground, using less than effective weapons, not waiting for a full instance, and with all the bugs that still remain.

Saying it's not worth the hassle "for you" would be more appropriate given the situation. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just pointing out that not everyone thinks this way. I play the game for several reasons, the drops being one small part of it. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that a game made simply for the destination would get very boring very quickly. If we all got into a room to line up before a box that dropped perfect gear every time for everyone, we'd all have been done with it a long time ago!

This isn't to say I'm perfectly happy with the whole thing. I'm not. I totally agree that there should be better chance than there is currently. That hunt for "our perfect weapon" is what drives many to go back again and again. So, that I cannot argue. Perhaps I'm an exception to the rule, but I get just as much enjoyment out of the chase as I do from the reward. I certainly would like to see the drop rates brought up a bit from where they are now, but I don't think where they were before is a good idea either. Legendary is supposed to be beyond rare, not common like they were between the WM release and a few days ago.

pretty much came to the conclusion this guy just likes to talk

ironcladtrash
01-19-2014, 08:27 AM
pretty much came to the conclusion this guy just likes to talk

Sometimes I get really fed up with all the White Knighting of legitimate problems and concerns.
It's like if they were in a restaurant and the waiter comes back with the wrong food. "Oh, you ordered, the steak? Too bad!! Here is the chicken. By the way, I pissed in your coke. ENJOY!!" It seems like a lot of people on this forum would be just happy with that.

Market
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Sometimes I get really fed up with all the White Knighting of legitimate problems and concerns.
It's like if they were in a restaurant and the waiter comes back with the wrong food. "Oh, you ordered, the steak? Too bad!! Here is the chicken. By the way, I pissed in your coke. ENJOY!!" It seems like a lot of people on this forum would be just happy with that.

The last thing I'm doing is "white knighting".

What I'm saying is that there are far more important problems with the game than whining about the drop rates of gear with the WM. Just because some of the people here haven't seen the OJ rates that were there before the patch doesn't mean it's broken. This kind of simpering greed distracts from the real problems. So the WM isn't dropping an OJ every third fight. The game is more than just OJ weapons.... well, it should be, anyway. If anyone is playing a game strictly for the loot drops, I feel sorry for them. Being confused by someone who plays the game to enjoy the game as a whole is sad as far as I'm concerned.

It's like being angry that there are only 5 ice cubes in the coke when you wanted ten, meanwhile the steak is undercooked, the plate is dirty, and you have no silverware.

I'm only talking about picking battles. Right now, the drop rates of OJ gear should be the least of our concerns next to the disconnects, the glitching WM, the incredibly long queue times for Co-Op/MP matches, the chat system, Arkbreaks freezing before opening the interior, Claim Items filling up, grenade/stim/spike drops laying on the ground, console lockups when breaking down items/collecting daily/weekly rewards...

oh... I'm sorry... I just like to talk.

Camelot
01-19-2014, 12:16 PM

What I'm saying is that there are far more important problems with the game than whining about the drop rates of gear with the WM. Just because some of the people here haven't seen the OJ rates that were there before the patch doesn't mean it's broken. This kind of simpering greed distracts from the real problems. So the WM isn't dropping an OJ every third fight. The game is more than just OJ weapons.... well, it should be, anyway. If anyone is playing a game strictly for the loot drops, I feel sorry for them. Being confused by someone who plays the game to enjoy the game as a whole is sad as far as I'm concerned.

It's like being angry that there are only 5 ice cubes in the coke when you wanted ten, meanwhile the steak is undercooked, the plate is dirty, and you have no silverware.

I'm only talking about picking battles. Right now, the drop rates of OJ gear should be the least of our concerns next to the disconnects, the glitching WM, the incredibly long queue times for Co-Op/MP matches, the chat system, Arkbreaks freezing before opening the interior, Claim Items filling up, grenade/stim/spike drops laying on the ground, console lockups when breaking down items/collecting daily/weekly rewards...

You have to understand the situation before the 2nd dlc drop.Trion challenge us (arkhunters) to defeat the Warmaster in 7mins and a promised of a legendary weapons.Which in the begining we we're struggling to kill the beast.We were unorganized team.We tried and failed a lot.Then we learn to be a team.
We all know about the problem like bugs,glicth,etc....But we were able to look beyond that.NOT because we dont care.But thats what the devs are for.Our job is to play and report the problems of the game to them.We are not the programmers of the game.
I will not gonna be a hypocrite and say that all I want is the challenge of defeating the Warmaster.Cause you can't kill him by yourself.Everytime I go there and battle the Beast and kill him.I always hope it's a good legendary weapon.Your telling us that OJ should be hard to get.Well its not that easy if you team up with a bunch of noobs. And the legendary that we get here are not unique.They all have the same rolls except the mastered roll and the synergy

Market
01-19-2014, 12:44 PM
@Camelot

I totally see your point here. I'd like to see the drop rates increased from where they are now, but not quite as frequent as they were before the patch. I'm not trying to say that I'm not interested in rewards for things I do. Sure, I want to see some good gear for the effort as well. It's difficult when you get into the WM instance with a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing or don't seem to care. Yes, it's supposed to be a hard fight that we don't always win. It's rough that often times we're fighting against the people who don't know proper strategies along with the difficulty of the fight. So, I agree that it should be bumped up, I guess I just don't understand the amount of disdain involved in most of the posts on the subject. Understanding that I see the game as a whole and not solely the drop system, I don't think I want to understand that perspective. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it, especially that it was done without the terminal levels of sarcasm and bitterness that some feel the need to write. :)

lifeexpectancy
01-19-2014, 10:07 PM

The reason the co op and pvp qeue times are so long is because NO ONE is playing those modes for the most part. And why arent people playing those modes? Because there is no reward for doing so! And because fewer people are playing the game overall.

Why are fewer people playing the game overall? Because its broken at every turn, has a ****ty reward system, has no real progression to speak of, etc. In fact to be honest the WM was the first and only thing they have introduced that you might not be able to do at EGO 1. Im not talking about arbitrary restrictions. Im talking about no real progression. Sure my perks make me a "little" stronger at EGO 4200 but at the end of the day you can beat every instance, every quest, every aspect of this game right lff the bat.

Other MMOs require you to progress. There are areas that will hand your *** to you on a silver platter if you enter them at level one. But I can roll a level one toon in Defiance right now, have my buddy warp me to San Fran, and go take down a dark matter emergency or quest with little to no issue.

There is no sense of accomplishment in this game and therein lies the problem. Then you have the WM who FINALLY brings some much needed challenge, and the rewards do not track with the effort involved. After youve downed him a few dozen times with a well-heeled group of friends, it becomes pointless and repetitive to go back, leaving loot as the only viable reason to do so. Nerf the loot, and you nerf the reasom for veterans to keep going back, plain and simple.

When the final DLC drops and Defiance gasps its last shuddering breath of life before tbe playerbase moves on to Destiny, it will be viewed as an interesting, albeit failed, experiment. Trion long ago lost any goodwill they had with most players. Many of us are just hanging around because we got roped into the season pass and feel like we might as well see what we paid for in our naivete.

Tallon
01-19-2014, 11:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y2OQG8p.jpg

What does that say?
What Triton say's and does are are 2 different things maybe. It implies that by buying this boost you will increase your chance of getting items of higher rarity. If it does not do this then they are flat out stealing from and lying to customers.

The Lady
01-19-2014, 11:06 PM
I would rather not get disconnected every time I try to enter a major ark break. If the final score is for everything you do from the time it falls from the sky till the WM is dead then I loose out on points every time.

maverick07
01-20-2014, 03:11 AM
I would rather not get disconnected every time I try to enter a major ark break. If the final score is for everything you do from the time it falls from the sky till the WM is dead then I loose out on points every time.

Pretty sure score is only counted once you are inside the Arkbreak. Not like score is a big factor though as the only difference you will see in loot is if you kill the Warmaster or not.

JEMINAI
01-20-2014, 03:12 AM

agreed. my reply would have been the same. the aim of this game isnt gear. play long enough you will have an excess of weapons. you can grind for pretty casti weapons that are utterly useless. all of it is content that entertains. and once u hit 5k ego thats all you'll play for.

Chump Norris
01-20-2014, 03:39 AM
agreed. my reply would have been the same. the aim of this game isnt gear. play long enough you will have an excess of weapons. you can grind for pretty casti weapons that are utterly useless. all of it is content that entertains. and once u hit 5k ego thats all you'll play for.

That and the post you quoted are opinions not facts. People can be entertained by different things and that could be beating a boss (with very little reward) or chasing loot to get something better. I play to better my character not just beat the same boss over and over because I can.

I do respect both opinions but those arent facts and no one is playing the game wrong because they dont follow them.

viced998
01-20-2014, 03:57 AM
Everybody is crying about Volge Warmaster, because of his bad drops. You are all spoilt of success ! His drops like they were now are total correct, because it's no challenge to beat him !!! So stop whining and flaming all the time about PvE

Arsenic_Touch
01-20-2014, 06:58 AM

The aim of the game isn't gear? are you ignoring the very lore of an ark hunter? the aim of gear is most definitely the aim of the game, otherwise ark hunters would not be aiming for the next big score.

Bonehead
01-20-2014, 12:49 PM

If the aim wasn't gear, they wouldn't call us ark HUNTERS.

xJdKxZomBiE
01-20-2014, 02:41 PM
I think a big problem is that up until the Warmaster came along, there was no real challenge. And now that he isn't that much of a challenge anymore for groups that play the instance correctly, there really isnt much anymore.

I still argue that if they gave us reason to explore the map, whether its to find loot hidden at random, or secret enemies, think of uniques or something to that extent, to give us something else to do.

Honestly, I'd say ramp up the overall game difficulty.

Honestly I'm not sure what this game needs anymore, but whatever it is, it needs cranked to 11.

I was talking with a friend a few days ago, that I wished orange weapons had some unique aspect to them to set them apart from any other tier weapon, other than an additional stat roll. Like chance at dual synergies, or absolutely incredible boost to a single stat, or chance at a free mag refill on reload ( like you reload, and instead of using your ammo, it just "procs" a fresh mag without depleting from your ammo pool)

If they got rid of the ridiculous crystal **** on the warmaster, but spawned in say, a dozen huntmasters with him, wouldn't that be a pain in the *** lol

Honestly, I'd also like to see any enemy with "ELITE" in their title, have a decent chance to drop Epic tier gear as well.

Perhaps, even new zones you can go to, that you hold off against wave after wave of normal enemies, rather than simply Volge, or Afflicted, without a time limit. You simply survive until you are overran. Period. Because sometimes, I just want to mow through hundreds of enemies at a time, and I think outside of sieges, the largest group you can come across is an afflicted roadside emergency.

D351
01-20-2014, 03:02 PM
I still argue that if they gave us reason to explore the map, whether its to find loot hidden at random, or secret enemies, think of uniques or something to that extent, to give us something else to do.

Artifacts do a great job of this in Rift... one of the few features from that game that I wish this one had... Rift also has hidden puzzles and stuff like that, which Defiance would definitely benefit from... though I honestly hope they fix the broken levels, freezes, and mid-arkfall kicks before adding any new features.

Midori Oku
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM

The goal in any MMO is to better your gear. Why would it not be the same for Defiance?

N3gativeCr33p
01-20-2014, 04:34 PM
The aim of the game isn't gear? are you ignoring the very lore of an ark hunter? the aim of gear is most definitely the aim of the game, otherwise ark hunters would not be aiming for the next big score.

If the aim wasn't gear, they wouldn't call us ark HUNTERS.

The goal in any MMO is to better your gear. Why would it not be the same for Defiance?

Whew... glad to see it's not just me. Could have sworn I've been hearing grumblings the past several days that would prove otherwise.

Littleweasel
01-20-2014, 04:50 PM
i have helped kill him 3X now since the last patch and i have gotten 2 green and 1 purple all 3 times, but when i was in groups that wouldn't kill him i would get 2 purple and 1 green.
i have been in groups before and after the patch many time and have not seen a single orange from the warmaster

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 04:14 AM

i see i didnt make my comment clear.
since there is no endgame, no gear to grind for but instead an abundance of weapons randomly ranging from pretty sweet to utter garbage i wouldnt go so far as to say the game is gear driven. because we have no choices, gear is allocated randomly (these days limited by whatever the hell they are doing to the loot table)
of course you can trade weapons but theres no ingame market, id assume this was intended.
of course you can grind rep for a few weapons but seriously they are substandard.
if there was something to work towards at endgame to better my abilities id consider it a bonus. (note to trion: this actually wouldnt take much to implement. new weapons, shields for high ego players with specific contracts - tweaking stats and skinning is what you guys do best so far).

so traditionally speaking, id have moved onto something else by now but for the entertainment i get from the combat itself.
gear is not what i keep loggin on for.
if others disagree i respect that, but you will probably move on once you have completed the storyline.
play this game as you will, but for me personally (and this is just an opinion) its about the fight, i wouldnt have maxed my levels if it was for anything else.
but i would outline that my opinion i from an "endgame" point of view.
i would welcome the added benefit of endgame gear. even if it was cosmetic!!! but alas ark hunters are destined to never stop hunting arks.