PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the good people gone too

kabo
01-19-2014, 06:19 PM
I want to know if people have quit playing Defiance or just upset with the game

SirServed
01-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Since it looks like a mixture of both, only time will tell.

D351
01-19-2014, 06:27 PM
A lot of people not on the forums plan on coming back either when the next DLC drops or when the show comes back. The show coming back ought to jump the numbers good, considering that the game is only 10 bucks at gamestop (for xbox anyways).

Dar Katan
01-19-2014, 06:28 PM
I have pretty much quit. Practicing up for Destiny and Titanfall, so I am playing Halo 3, Reach and 4.

DanteYoda
01-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Personally think the warmaster loot fix has killed a lot of players will to play, it was pretty bad before now players are just not bothering anymore, which is sad, but i understand it.

Punisher Illinois Blue
01-19-2014, 06:33 PM

I can answer that if you give me A Epic VBI PSR 7 Cyclone Charge sniper rifle with the syphon nano and assassin synergy.

crasher
01-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Way too many good people who came before have moved on.

Way too few are left who would consider something that costs so little to be worth taking seriously.

Omnifarious Xji
01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Define "good" people for me.

DragonForza
01-19-2014, 07:01 PM
I think we're going towards the bare minimum again. I gave up on doing the WM today as it's full of people who can't even get a 6 figure damage score, pathetic. I came top of a failure with 1.06m damage. That shouldn't be happening. 1.06m is not even 2/3 of a decent go for me (I joined in a bit late and I got killed a lot).

It was busy earlier but now it's gone dead again. Again, I think we're down to the bare minimum.

crasher
01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Define "good" people for me.
Holy shtako, you're still alive.
I'm pleased to see that you are.

To your point, a lot of the people who quit before you disappeared were the type to play thru the tough times while trying to keep a good attitude.

That good attitude wears thin after a while.

rydda
01-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Me an my team will still be around helping but only if you have a mic or chat messages we will still be around hard to make us mad the new world family will still kick it just talk to us online. Well help, give us some thing to do

Bentu
01-19-2014, 07:15 PM
I can answer that if you give me A Epic VBI PSR 7 Cyclone Charge sniper rifle with the syphon nano and assassin synergy.

I'm still looking for one of these for you :)

On topic, people move on, simples.

Atticus Batman
01-19-2014, 07:34 PM
most of the good people still here, have gotten to where we don't post as much. Too many negative types report us for every little thing until the mods get tired of it and just give us an infraction to shut up the whiners.

Angeleus09
01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
They're gone, I scared them away with my extremely long and boring posts and completely illogical defense of the PS3 version as a playable game.

hey u
01-19-2014, 08:01 PM
On PS3 Defiance is having problems with putting enough people into the right phase with people playing in it. The past few nights have been hard to find people playing on it.

This is how it goes now for me. I log in and nobody in the world so I log out and back in and if it is still dead I just keep logging out and back in until I find people.

I'm sure I not the only person getting pissed having spent so much on ark spikes only to get booted and not able to log back in to play plus out 10-40k for the spikes.

Lastly you call down the major only to try and enter to get booted to the main menu to try and log back in and not able so you dashboard and log back into Defiance only to find out that you cant get back into the drop because it is full or the game puts you into a different phase.

Hard to say if Defiance is almost dead or just server PROBLEMS.

D351
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm sure I not the only person getting pissed having spent so much on ark spikes only to get booted and not able to log back in to play plus out 10-40k for the spikes.

Lastly you call down the major only to try and enter to get booted to the main menu to try and log back in and not able so you dashboard and log back into Defiance only to find out that you cant get back into the drop because it is full or the game puts you into a different phase.

Same problem on xbox... That's a lot of scrip to waste on the game screwing up.

Maixx
01-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Taking a break until they fix wm loot, DLC3, or I get hooked on another game

Lets see...
ongoing stability issues... (PS3)
Wtf patches, 1.206 devs complete fail
People need to start getting replace over in Trion Defiance div. and soon before it is a complete loss.

Shrug, have a list of free PS+ games to play.
Active here to see if anything is getting fixed.

Angeleus09
01-19-2014, 08:36 PM
On PS3 Defiance is having problems with putting enough people into the right phase with people playing in it. The past few nights have been hard to find people playing on it.

This is how it goes now for me. I log in and nobody in the world so I log out and back in and if it is still dead I just keep logging out and back in until I find people.

I'm at the point where I will not buy Ark spikes from a vendor at all. I get them from the login reward boxes and that's it and I burn through those as fast as I get them. Suffice it to say I generally only do minors because it's far less frustrating to fail zoning into a minor than to fiiiiiiiiinally get into a major where there's only 2 minutes left and 20 General Generics running around with ground pounders and the Warmaster's armor is still on.

DIS
01-19-2014, 09:47 PM
I have lost interest. I will check back for each DLC but Thief comes out February 25th for the One, so unless Thief really sucks and/or 7th Legion is amazing (it won't be, unless they have hired new devs) I probably won't be very active at all.

Note: I do not consider myself one of "the good people".

Nashtalia
01-19-2014, 10:27 PM
is hard to quit DEFIANCE now, as i have.........wait for it...................a Typhoon-X and a niffty Volge Battle Rifle MK1 with a verrry nice DMG output. and with DLC 3 coming out, with or without a Hover-bike as a new vehicle. will still be getting DLC3.

:3

Tallon
01-19-2014, 10:40 PM

Some people have moved on, but many choose to just play the game and not come here to vent.

D351
01-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Some people have moved on but many choose to just tolerate the game and not come here to vent.

*fixed your post

Tallon
01-20-2014, 07:33 AM
*fixed your post
It didn't need fixing, I know what I wrote..
Interpret it however you want, but keep it to yourself. Changing other peoples quotes is the worst kind of trolling you can do. Make your own posts, but please leave mine alone.
And now you made me troll off topic.......

N3gativeCr33p
01-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Oh... wrong song... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHlFUN13_8

squidgod2000
01-20-2014, 08:13 AM
This is where I kill time waiting for other games to be released. (namely EQN Α/β and ESO)

Vendor Valerie
01-20-2014, 08:25 AM
A lot of people in this game aren't even aware there's a forum for it.

And a lot of people have left this game for games run by companies that aren't filled with idiots

NicodemusTNT
01-20-2014, 10:23 AM
The DLCs didn't add sufficient content for me to continue playing. I played too much from April past the first DLC on Xbox NA. I enjoyed the game greatly and feel I got my money's worth. The Warmaster wasn't enough to bring me back, even though I have the season pass, especially with the grenade/stim fiasco. This is too bad. The community here is great, which is why I check in to see what is happening to a game I like a lot. If Season 2 adds another area and campaign even half the size as the first, I'm coming back, but I suspect that will not be the case with the lack of Trion employees available.

I was hoping since April that we'd be able to make our way into other areas past the Bay Area.

ten4
01-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Went to Warframe, a TPS that is 1000x the game Defiance will ever hope to be.

And it's free to play.

Come give it a try, I think you might be pleasantly surprised just like I was.

Lillith Valerian
01-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Went to Warframe, a TPS that is 1000x the game Defiance will ever hope to be.

And it's free to play.

Come give it a try, I think you might be pleasantly surprised just like I was.

Both Defiance and Warframe have received the same lukewarm metacritic ratings of 65%. I'm going to try that game and hope that it is decent, but you're wildly over-selling a lateral move.

I quit Defiance a while ago, debate deleting it from my 360 every few days, and pop in here once and a while to lurk out of habit.

Shadow Andreas
01-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Both Defiance and Warframe have received the same lukewarm metacritic ratings of 65%. I'm going to try that game and hope that it is decent, but you're wildly over-selling a lateral move.

I quit Defiance a while ago, debate deleting it from my 360 every few days, and pop in here once and a while to lurk out of habit.

Don't do it Pink, don't delete it...."put the teddy bear down"!

We miss you and hope every day that you will come back!

agiantmudcrab
01-20-2014, 11:21 AM
I quit about a month ago. I moved over to Xbox One. My 360 is long gone.

Charm
01-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Well I mean I play everyday even found a small group of people who play at varying times threwout the day so I have people to play with. Could always use more. I have a few games but not alot for ps3.

Zugo
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM
I consider myself a good person, and your use of "all" offends me. HAVE AT YOU!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

agiantmudcrab
01-21-2014, 05:58 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING! I got an infraction for saying I moved to the xbox one an sold my 360??? Thats why I said long gone. WOW.

agiantmudcrab
01-21-2014, 06:00 PM

And a lot of people have left this game for games run by companies that aren't filled with idiots

Lol you got an infraction to? That makes two of us.

Etaew
01-21-2014, 06:03 PM

As with every game, there will be a large portion of the population who just won't interact on a community level. I don't really blame them, there is no real reason to do so. I'd love these guys to have the ability to get involved without coming here.

Jet1337
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM

Don't cry bro. I'll be around for a little while, farming the vendor at IDR for those rare AR synergy mods! You can watch me as I farm them! I might move my character a little bit every now and then. Then you can stalk, er, I mean follow me on the forum as I update my mod topic in the trade section!

Vendor Valerie
01-21-2014, 06:09 PM
I quit about a month ago. I moved over to Xbox One. My 360 is long gone.

Maybe they get mad that you have an Xbox One and they don't...

Atticus Batman
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM

Yeah you missed my Dancy dance, Saturday when I finally got silver in all the arenas and got a charge blade!!!........ Ugh, did I really just admit to a dancy dance?!:o Darn you Umfafa, for corrupting me!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Bonehead
01-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah you missed my Dancy dance, Saturday when I finally got silver in all the arenas and got a charge blade!!!........ Ugh, did I really just admit to a dancy dance?!:o Darn you Umfafa, for corrupting me!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

There were witnesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVn7mIHog68

Atticus Batman
01-21-2014, 07:37 PM
There were witnesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVn7mIHog68

Actually there were too many witnesses to make disapear. :( Sadly the dancy dance happened at the begining of Dawn Patrol's death march.

Zugo
01-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Actually there were too many witnesses to make disapear. :( Sadly the dancy dance happened at the begining of Dawn Patrol's death march.

I DEMAND a replay!! I'm always missing the good stuff.

For those of you with Xbox1's and Xbox360's. Plug that thing into the other thing and be done with it. I play Defiance through my Xbox1 everyday.

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Plug that thing into the other thing and be done with it.

That's what she said? :)

ten4
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Both Defiance and Warframe have received the same lukewarm metacritic ratings of 65%. I'm going to try that game and hope that it is decent

Give it a shot man, it's F2P with no need to invest initially. Hell, you can play it totally free if you want since you can trade with other players for CS currency!

I regret ever playing (and paying for) Defiance after trying out WF.

It's not the best game ever but it most certainly is better run.

Already in past 4 hours they have fixed more things than Trion has done here in 2+ months....and WF is considerably less buggy than Defiance. And the most eye opening thing is...WF is still in beta.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:50 PM
I DEMAND a replay!! I'm always missing the good stuff.

For those of you with Xbox1's and Xbox360's. Plug that thing into the other thing and be done with it. I play Defiance through my Xbox1 everyday.

Buy me an Xbox 1 and I'll hook it up how ever you want. But then I would have to get a tv with Hdmi ports as well, wouldn't I?

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Buy me an Xbox 1 and I'll hook it up how ever you want. But then I would have to get a tv with Hdmi ports as well, wouldn't I?

What? Are you still rocking an RF switch hookup? lol

(Just dated myself there. D'oh!)

Lone Wolf 666
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Antarctica.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:56 PM
What? Are you still rocking an RF switch hookup? lol

(Just dated myself there. D'oh!)

It works and was cheap. So why not?

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 04:57 PM
It works and was cheap. So why not?

Hey... "to each their own" has always been a favorite saying of mine.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Hey... "to each their own" has always been a favorite saying of mine.

Well I got silvers in the arena Saturday, and got my basic chargeblade. So now, we shall wait and see what chargeblades and Cb changes are coming with Dlc3!

Slayer Slayn
01-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Well I got silvers in the arena Saturday, and got my basic chargeblade. So now, we shall wait and see what chargeblades and Cb changes are coming with Dlc3!
That's why I'm waiting until DLC3 to cash in all my arena vendor rep to see what kind of Nerbufs melee weapons will/wont be getting. so I don't have to refarm all over again, was originally just saving them up to get a shanjifyo blade but after the 7th legion announcement I was like: nope!

RiseAgainstDaMan
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm still hanging in there. I still find the game to be fun, but I think if the game is going to make it, they are going to have to really do something with the whole cross over content. I think they also need to expand the maps in a vast way. Part of the problem is that we all know that there is this great big world out there and for no good reason, we are stuck playing in this one little map.

nite
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
im still playing have been since bout week 2 yup i paid full price because i loved the tv tie in idea even tho here in the uk we got the episode add on be4 the episode aired bit wyrd tbh but cest la vie....neway im still goin strong!

duction
01-23-2014, 04:33 AM
I played the beta and I bought this on pre order ( big ultimate edition )

Still going strong !

Raging Raven
01-23-2014, 04:44 AM
That's why I'm waiting until DLC3 to cash in all my arena vendor rep to see what kind of Nerbufs melee weapons will/wont be getting. so I don't have to refarm all over again, was originally just saving them up to get a shanjifyo blade but after the 7th legion announcement I was like: nope!

Obviously unlocking the new melee weapons won't require arena reputation but a brand new one.

Isende
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
i'm curious whether it's instancing, or just that folk aren't playing. i mean, one night, the zone chat's full of pete, and bazookaman, and blackkat (sp?) and so on and so on ... the next? and the next week after that? nothing. pin-drop silence. and i MISS the chatter! however, when i mentioned this in another forum, someone said they were on NA PC servers (just like me) and it was busy as all get-out. is it really that so many people have just, all at once, left?

Atticus Batman
01-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Obviously unlocking the new melee weapons won't require arena reputation but a brand new one.

Yes but if they add skill levels to all bladed weapons, they would probably make it affect only blades bought after the the skillset is added. Wich means any Charge-blades currently owned would be pre-patch and therefore garbage. They did it to guns when they fixed the rolls. It would be dumb to beleive they wouldn't screw current blade owners like that as well.

Not only that but they could make it so the current color mods don't affect the new blades, and they will have their own real cash bought appearance mods, witch would screw those who are planning on using an existing color mod they own, on a new blade.