PDA

View Full Version : An honest but constructive opinion.

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I will have to say I'm enjoying the game very much. Now with that said I do understand that people have had issues. I guess I'm one of the few that know how to properly redeem your content. I've played for the past 6 hours since I got the Ultimate Edition. I've had no lag what so ever. But, here recently I've gotten a notice that kicks me from the game saying you have timed out. I run a 50mbs+ connection so it isn't on my end but it also isn't that major. Now another thing is "On major Arkfalls mostly fighting the Hellion All 100 or more of us can't get any ammo at all. Now maybe I'm missing something but I think that there should be ammo supplied on regular cycles".

But all in all 9.5 out of 10 on my end.

Thank you TRION and DEVs.

Sprhino
04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
I bet this doesn't get closed like all the negative BUT constructive comments have

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Do to the fact I will not disrespect those who have bust their *** to give us this game. I challenge anyone to name one MMO producer that has had a perfect bug and issue free launch.

duction
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
i agree on the ammo drop part that really needs sorting out

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Do to the fact I will not disrespect those who have bust their *** to give us this game. I challenge anyone to name one MMO producer that has had a perfect bug and issue free launch.

Trion Worlds.

Rift. :)

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
i agree on the ammo drop part that really needs sorting out

I'm glad you've noticed this issue as well. Well I'm not glad but you get my point lol.

Sprhino
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM

Are you for real....don't expect perfect far from it, I do however expect to be able to play damn thing, I have been trying for 13hrs to get into this game, so excuse me for being less than forgiving on this one, this has to be one of the worst launch failures, of all time

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Trion Worlds.

Rift. :)

Rift wasn't perfect but was pretty damn successful.

FantasyMeister
04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I've only done a couple of Ark Falls on 360 but in both cases there are ammo replenishment boxes nearby and plenty of ammo during the fight itself.

I've also got a perk that loots more ammo equipped, 4 weapons equipped in two loadouts, all using different ammo types, which probably helps too. So haven't hit a low ammo issue myself yet.

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Are you for real....don't expect perfect far from it, I do however expect to be able to play damn thing, I have been trying for 13hrs to get into this game, so excuse me for being less than forgiving on this one, this has to be one of the worst launch failures, of all time

If less than 50% of the community could play then yes I could see a failure but the blighted section is a relatively small portion. Issues happen on releases with big expectations. And only 1 out of every 100 or so people is complaining. So due to the size they are doing quite well this release.

Taaltos
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't recall a single hiccup with Rift's launch. :) Other than the long Server Queue's. Everything seemed to work flawlessly.

Best MMO Launch to date.

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I've only done a couple of Ark Falls on 360 but in both cases there are ammo replenishment boxes nearby and plenty of ammo during the fight itself.

I've also got a perk that loots more ammo equipped, 4 weapons equipped in two loadouts, all using different ammo types, which probably helps too. So haven't hit a low ammo issue myself yet.

I have the perk and use it but that doesn't change when there have been no drops or even boxes. Maybe just do to the region is the issue but all in all it isn't game breaking. But I will keep a better eye out for the boxes thanks mate.

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
If less than 50% of the community could play then yes I could see a failure but the blighted section is a relatively small portion. Issues happen on releases with big expectations. And only 1 out of every 100 or so people is complaining. So due to the size they are doing quite well this release.

Well that's awesome but us who have not got to play one second and been downloaded for hours kinda deserve to get to be pretty upset unless trion feels compeled to compensate for these issues.

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Well that's awesome but us who have not got to play one second and been downloaded for hours kinda deserve to get to be pretty upset unless trion feels compeled to compensate for these issues.

You deserve to be heard and compensated yes but you do not deserve to come on here and bash them for a few issues. I understand your having an issue and it is okay to vent but getting ridiculous about it will only make it worse.

Sprhino
04-02-2013, 02:10 PM

I disagree, I have spent all day on this and other forums and in the UK I can tell YOU that it is NOT 1/100 that cannot get online, just based upon the people I know personally in this mess.

greatdividers
04-02-2013, 02:15 PM

sounds like the PEBKAC. definitely one of the best launches, sorry you can't figure out how to get yours to work :cool:

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
You deserve to be heard and compensated yes but you do not deserve to come on here and bash them for a few issues. I understand your having an issue and it is okay to vent but getting ridiculous about it will only make it worse.

Is any thing in my Comment disrespectful or bashing, I am just giving u a console players perspective we don't really get to play any mmo's so for being the second one every that we have got this is ruff for some of us. Now I know other people playing right now and that's awesome just would kinda like trion them selfs later today since they are busy right and explain what they are going to do for this issue. Fair?

Sprhino
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
sounds like the PEBKAC. definitely one of the best launches, sorry you can't figure out how to get yours to work :cool:

Pathetic, wonderful a non argument, from someone that obviously has no idea what the issues are, despite it being all over the net, better still thinks that it is down to an individual to repair Trion`s mislaunched game, bless you.

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Is any thing in my Comment disrespectful or bashing, I am just giving u a console players perspective we don't really get to play any mmo's so for being the second one every that we have got this is ruff for some of us. Now I know other people playing right now and that's awesome just would kinda like trion them selfs later today since they are busy right and explain what they are going to do for this issue. Fair?

No by all means I wasn't saying you were bashing. I do apologize for the context there. And this actually the 4th I do believe. But non the less you have made a fair point. But, Sledge is trying to keep people up to date most of the team hasn't slept for quite some time with the release day here. But it will be fixed and we will all enjoy it. But I am on the console as well with you mate.

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
No by all means I wasn't saying you were bashing. I do apologize for the context there. And this actually the 4th I do believe. But non the less you have made a fair point. But, Sledge is trying to keep people up to date most of the team hasn't slept for quite some time with the release day here. But it will be fixed and we will all enjoy it. But I am on the console as well with you mate.

Ha ha ha I like you Man! U at least make me feel better about me not playing. (Not sarcastic) and its just slight frustrating and that some of us got ultimate edition an payed the extra money to get a leg up in the game and now half the people have already ran the race and some of us are still at the starting line stretching ha ha

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Ha ha ha I like you Man! U at least make me feel better about me not playing. (Not sarcastic) and its just slight frustrating and that some of us got ultimate edition an payed the extra money to get a leg up in the game and now half the people have already ran the race and some of us are still at the starting line stretching ha ha

I had this issue with another game but it got fixed. And I feel you man. But not to make you jealous or anything but that UE is well worth it I picked up one myself.

Strongpillow
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM

So you are going to be less forgiving on a game that is having launch problems but doesn't really effect the game as a whole? Do not blame anyone for wasting 13 hours trying to get into a game you know is having problems. Geez man go do something else and come back later, like a normal person would. I can't blame you totally though I am one of those people that will look in my fridge, see nothing I want, close the fridge but then come back 20mins later thinking something better will just appear.

But ya you can go ahead and ruin the game for yourself because noone really gives a **** that you spent half a day being stupid.

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
I had this issue with another game but it got fixed. And I feel you man. But not to make you jealous or anything but that UE is well worth it I picked up one myself.

Well that's awesome to here! I need to make a thread to see who is going to help the stuck behind guy threw the campaign once the get on if any one. Ha ha

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Well that's awesome to here! I need to make a thread to see who is going to help the stuck behind guy threw the campaign once the get on if any one. Ha ha

I f you want a friend of mine is at work so whenever you want just add me " Ourobouros Rahu " and we can tear through it.

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I f you want a friend of mine is at work so whenever you want just add me " Ourobouros Rahu " and we can tear through it.

Cool man thanks will do when I can get to that screen. This thread is about to go crazy between these other two guys ha ha

ih8tnubs
04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Loud noises

swarmingzombies
04-02-2013, 02:45 PM
where is season pass in Ultimate Edition?

bubbo
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Loud noises

I love lamp.... I love lamp!

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
where is season pass in Ultimate Edition?

It is the code on the back of the instruction booklet. Follow the instructions listed and it will give you the items which are found in the redeem items section in the defiance store tab.

Synnful
04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I understand games will have a bug or 2 (alot more lol) but with how many other games have had such issues with launches and ppl bashing them for it.. and with the alphas and betas they run.. a launch should be a lil more clean.. a few bugs in game no problem get them fixed but a connection issue should not be the issue..@Strongpillow the differance is unless u buy something and put it in it will not change. But Sprhino checking to see if server is up well im sure (and hoping) he has not sat in front of his tv for 13 hours checking, but has come back every now and then to check. any ways from what i did see in beta game is fun i would like to play again soon so plz hurry and fix the issue....

bubbo
04-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I do some what feel bad for trion since we are all losing our minds I mean it makes sense that we are but still I know those dudes are working hard!

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I do some what feel bad for trion since we are all losing our minds I mean it makes sense that we are but still I know those dudes are working hard!

The servers are currently undergoing maintenance for 30 minutes for connectivity bubbo so try in 30 minutes.

bubbo
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
The servers are currently undergoing maintenance for 30 minutes for connectivity bubbo so try in 30 minutes.

The thing is mine has been doing a patch and download all day I'm not getting the critical message like every one else so idk what's up with mine.

Dodece
04-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Make sure you deleted the beta off of your hard drive.

Theophilus
04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Had a few timeout errors when loading from cutscenes and stuff but other then that haven't had any issues. Was laughing pretty hard when I saw how many people piled into Tam zone-in and the river of people going down the road to the first few quests. I had no idea this game could handle that much on screen. Just got a message they doing server maintenance for the timeout issue. For a day 1 MMO launch its expected, i'm still very impressed. Keep up the great work guys ,can't wait to watch the show ;)

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
And it's back up and running good!

bubbo
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Sweet! Have fun guys!

Pinkdragon
04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Sweet! Have fun guys!

Let me know when your in. By the way have you posted with support to possibly get help in a better manner or speed up the process?