PDA

View Full Version : Turrets, helicopters, APC etc question

Lone Wolf 666
01-22-2014, 12:20 PM
During the radio tower mission. I was wondering. Why can't I use the turrets for myself, or maybe jack those mutants vehicles like helicopters and APCs. In other words, ste.......appropriate anything useful that is not nail down. I know the game is limited, but can you imagine those turrets being use to defend HQ?. Or the helicopters to ferry reinforcement quicker, and with a little bit of modification a gunship.

crasher
01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
During the radio tower mission. I was wondering. Why can't I use the turrets for myself, or maybe jack those mutants vehicles like helicopters and APCs. In other words, ste.......appropriate anything useful that is not nail down. I know the game is limited, but can you imagine those turrets being use to defend HQ?. Or the helicopters to ferry reinforcement quicker, and with a little bit of modification a gunship.
Once you appropriate an APC or helicopter, aren't you going to expect to use it throughout the rest of the game?
That includes PvP, right?

rebtattoo
01-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Once you appropriate an APC or helicopter, aren't you going to expect to use it throughout the rest of the game?
That includes PvP, right?Quit throwing logic into it {heard that from someone once}

Of course not! Use it only for short period after appropriating it, then it disappears. Like the fixes in the game.

{see what I did there?}

Lone Wolf 666
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
That includes PvP, right?

I think limits should be set on those. Say, they require rare gasoline or something.

Valethar
01-22-2014, 03:54 PM
There will likely never be flying vehicles for players. They've already stated that, and used lore as the reason for it. Airspace is restricted to military flights for the most part, due in part to the frequent razor rain and other debris from the arks.

Not that we actually see any razor rain in the game, beyond some occasional meteoric flashes in the sky indicating something entering the atmosphere. (I'm sure that too has it's roots in console limitations that the rest of us have to suffer through....)

This was asked about during the Alpha, into the Betas and on into launch. The answer was always 'no'. Personally, I don't see a need for them with the extremely small world map. San Fran is lacking a few strategically placed Quick Travel locations to make it easier to get around, but otherwise it's extremely easy to get around the world, such as it is, without the need for aircraft or 'flying mounts'.

crasher
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
....., then it disappears. Like the fixes in the game.

{see what I did there?}I liked it.
There will likely never be flying vehicles for players. They've already stated that, and used lore as the reason for it. Airspace is restricted to military flights for the most part, due in part to the frequent razor rain and other debris from the arks.

Not that we actually see any razor rain in the game, beyond some occasional meteoric flashes in the sky indicating something entering the atmosphere. (I'm sure that too has it's roots in console limitations that the rest of us have to suffer through....)

This was asked about during the Alpha, into the Betas and on into launch. The answer was always 'no'. Personally, I don't see a need for them with the extremely small world map. San Fran is lacking a few strategically placed Quick Travel locations to make it easier to get around, but otherwise it's extremely easy to get around the world, such as it is, without the need for aircraft or 'flying mounts'.re: Flying Mounts - I assume that there are areas like slopes we can't climb and mountains we can't cross to keep it interesting and make the game last longer.
I mean, otherwise, why travel at all?
Put the object of the quest 4 feet from a travel point, get out, shoot, done.

APCs.
We could have infinite armour. No need for an APC.

Either point takes the need for playing the game while playing the game down to a much lower level of participation.

Sure, I understand, if the game was supposed to last longer - we should walk more slowly, and have no 'run' mode, or vehicles.
We could melee using boxing gloves, sure.

But there has to be some middle ground, and crawling to a wrist-wrestling match, or B-52-s with carpet bombing are both on either ends of the list.

Lone Wolf 666
01-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Not that we actually see any razor rain in the game, beyond some occasional meteoric flashes in the sky indicating something entering the atmosphere. (I'm sure that too has it's roots in console limitations that the rest of us have to suffer .

Try telling mutants that. Those sob have helicopters out of their a**.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:47 PM

The mutants are also

A: too idiotic to care about the dangers
B: Flying old smoking crap anyway
C: Military personel with access to their old equipment and vehicles, that were turned into mutants during some kind of terraforming fopa or something. That is why they scream, "EMC FOREVER!"

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 04:50 PM
The mutants are also

A: too idiotic to care about the dangers
B: Flying old smoking crap anyway
C: Military personel with access to their old equipment and vehicles, that were turned into mutants during some kind of terraforming fopa or something. That is why they scream, "EMC FOREVER!"

You never cease to make me laugh, kind sir! :D

Lone Wolf 666
01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
If razor rain we're to be added to the game. We will be spending half our time hiding under something, and the other?. Fending off people, or hostiles from our hiding holes.:p:D

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:52 PM
You never cease to make me laugh, kind sir! :D

Glad to know, I've still got it!

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Glad to know, I've still got it!

Indeed.

Will you be playing Defiance this evening?

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
If razor rain we're to be added to the game. We will be spending half our time hiding under something, and the other?. Fending off people, or hostiles from our hiding holes.:p:D

No, we would spend half the time dying from it, because most areas are out in the open.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Indeed.

Will you be playing Defiance this evening?

could be, but never sure. I normally just play whatever game a friend invites me to, if I own it. LOL

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 04:58 PM
could be, but never sure. I normally just play whatever game a friend invites me to, if I own it. LOL

Yeah, last few times I saw you on XBL you were rocking some of that ME3 action. Which always reminds me how I never bothered with the MP/co-op in that game. LOL

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah, last few times I saw you on XBL you were rocking some of that ME3 action. Which always reminds me how I never bothered with the MP/co-op in that game. LOL

Well if you still have it, you may be WAY behind in the Co-op department but if you get the free co-op dlcs then we could take you in a gold and quickly level up your character. No worrying about being carried. We carry randoms all the time. The way we see it though, is as long as you actually try to kill stuff, do objectives and help/revive teammates, then we don't consider it carrying you because you are actually trying the best you can with your crap starter gear. Btw if you do get all the dlcs so you can play with others, it should give you 1 free pack in store, I beleive with a character in it.

Valethar
01-22-2014, 05:04 PM

They're also considered outlaw and pay no attention to the EMC or other forms of government.

N3gativeCr33p
01-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Well if you still have it, you may be WAY behind in the Co-op department but if you get the free co-op dlcs then we could take you in a gold and quickly level up your character. No worrying about being carried. We carry randoms all the time. The way we see it though, is as long as you actually try to kill stuff, do objectives and help/revive teammates, then we don't consider it carrying you because you are actually trying the best you can with your crap starter gear. Btw if you do get all the dlcs so you can play with others, it should give you 1 free pack in store, I beleive with a character in it.

I believe I actually do have some of the ME3 DLCs, if memory serves. Not 100% sure, so I'll have to double check.

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
I believe I actually do have some of the ME3 DLCs, if memory serves. Not 100% sure, so I'll have to double check.

No prob, btw I was considering playing Defi sometime this week anyway, for atleast a little while. Without friends on, it just gets boring so fast normally, though.