PDA

View Full Version : New 7th Legion information

Shadow Andreas
01-22-2014, 05:46 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?147118-Want-to-know-more-about-the-7th-Legion-There-s-a-blog-for-that!

Atticus Batman
01-22-2014, 06:31 PM
thanks shadow.

melkathi
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
As the bat said: thanks shadow.

Drunk
01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
holy teraki maple syrup pancakes i'm gonna be a hockey playing samurai!

Bakku
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Odd that it doesn't specifically mention the katanas. I'm curious if there will be different colored / styled hilts, or if it's coming along with blade-play improvements, like a skill-line, right-click function, etc.

Vendor Valerie
01-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Ohgod.

I was hoping the Sedge hats were just a prank on us....

I was wrong. ffs.

Bakku
01-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Ohgod.

I was hoping the Sedge hats were just a prank on us....

I was wrong. ffs.

Lol, I agree the hats are too much. Would never consider wearing one, but I've wanted a metal blade for my irathient, so the katana will do in place of his current charge blade.

Overtkill21
01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm still not seeing the selling point on this DLC, maybe it's one of the new weapons? (Which are likely to be just faction VBI replicants)

It seriously can't be the sword...

melkathi
01-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Lol, I agree the hats are too much. Would never consider wearing one, but I've wanted a metal blade for my irathient, so the katana will do in place of his current charge blade.

Im not into the whole asian theme, but I think I can make the hat work with my irath.

rebtattoo
01-22-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not diggin' this DLC either. I didn't get the first one cause swords do nothing for me.

Wait and see like the rest.

Escyos
01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
I'd think that the story would be the major selling point, but not to the people on here who would rather a new chat system or something else that really doesn't matter all that much.

williamarmistace
01-22-2014, 09:15 PM
I'd think that the story would be the major selling point, but not to the people on here who would rather a new chat system or something else that really doesn't matter all that much.

Funniest post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenic_Touch
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM

Yeah, he makes a lot of them. He also wants more data recorders.
Thinking that the chat system in an mmo doesn't matter, what a joke.

Escyos
01-22-2014, 11:57 PM

Yes, because a DLC that consists of only a new chat system would really please people.....

hardy83
01-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Yeah, he makes a lot of them. He also wants more data recorders.
Thinking that the chat system in an mmo doesn't matter, what a joke.

What's wrong with more data recorders? They are awesome. lol
No seriously they are.

Obviously I still want cut scenes and more "lore" info in the information section of your menu, but I like the audio lore.
Better than a blob of text....Which I would also like.

melkathi
01-23-2014, 01:14 AM
To Escyos' defence:
The chat system should be a patch. It is something vital to the MMO. It should not be something set up as a selling point for a DLC.

Vendor Valerie
01-23-2014, 08:41 AM
This new chat system looks even more useless than our current. Why? Because as far as I can see, this new system doesn't have the ability to view a loooong chat history. Even between fighting the auto-scroll down when people reply with the current, you can see a massive amount posts that people have put since you logged in.

Because when Zone is going crazy, due to Umfafa, Tessa and Pete howling, I really want to be able to see the Whisper that someone just sent me. And I don't want to have to change chat-tabs to do it. Almost everyone keeps their chat in the "All" position. Changing those channels is clunky and annoying.

hardy83
01-23-2014, 08:47 AM
To Escyos' defence:
The chat system should be a patch. It is something vital to the MMO. It should not be something set up as a selling point for a DLC.

Uh, the chat system is free, and the DLC is a patch too. So I don't know what you're complaining out. It's not like you have to buy DLC3 to get the new chat interface.

And patches by definition can be considered "downloadable content"...So..?

N3gativeCr33p
01-23-2014, 08:49 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?147118-Want-to-know-more-about-the-7th-Legion-There-s-a-blog-for-that!

Thanks for the information, Shadow.

vvv (I just want a 7th Legion bacon grill/press.) vvv

Arsenic_Touch
01-23-2014, 08:53 AM
No seriously they are.

Obviously I still want cut scenes and more "lore" info in the information section of your menu, but I like the audio lore.

No, they really aren't. Because their idea of data recorders is placing them in the middle of no where with no relevance to their surroundings or the story involved. There's no rhyme or reason for the majority of them and they're put in place as filler. They even admitted on their twitter that they don't consider data recorders as content.

jadestone
01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm not diggin' this DLC either. I didn't get the first one cause swords do nothing for me.

Wait and see like the rest.

I agree with your comments. I bought a sci fi alien based shooter; not a sword dwelling samurai dragon age game!
I hope the sword is just an option and doesn't replace the gun!!!

Vendor Valerie
01-23-2014, 09:07 AM
I probably won't be buying this DLC.

I bought the other two, the first was cool because of the Raptor. I wanted one anyway. The second not so much.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Blondin
01-23-2014, 09:11 AM
So it's confirmed... Samurai...

I must say that I'm amazed by all this imagination, I never thought of the samurai in a video game, just like you surprised me so much when you created the zombie invasion, whoa.

What's next? Pirates and viking?

Or should I say post-apocalyptic alien brazilian Pirates and post-apocalyptic alien african Vikings?

N3gativeCr33p
01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
I bought the other two, the first was cool because of the Raptor.

Really now?

http://www.shiftybloke.net/gallery/Funny/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Arsenic_Touch
01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Really now?

http://www.shiftybloke.net/gallery/Funny/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Well, when it was advertised as having a turret and they said the passengers could shoot from it, it was actually a selling point for it.
Was one of the reasons I bought it.

hardy83
01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
No, they really aren't. Because their idea of data recorders is placing them in the middle of no where with no relevance to their surroundings or the story involved. There's no rhyme or reason for the majority of them and they're put in place as filler. They even admitted on their twitter that they don't consider data recorders as content.

I don't consider them content either, but without them this game would have next to no lore.
I'm all for more main quests and episode missions, but with no in game "books"/literature, no NPC chat trees (ala GW2), or other methods of delivering back-story and lore, I'll take what I can get. lol

I mean I suppose they don't have to have the data recorders all over the place and just give them to you over time while doing quests or something. They did that for a few.

And again, they don't replace actual content like missions or episode missions.

It's just this game wasn't set up with a lot of delivery methods for lore, so I'm all for data recorders. lol Or at least not "data recorders", but the audio lore that comes with it.

N3gativeCr33p
01-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Well, when it was advertised as having a turret and they said the passengers could shoot from it, it was actually a selling point for it. Was one of the reasons I bought it.

So then, yeah... shame on them. Didn't matter much for me, I picked up the Season Pass just before that info was announced so I was already on the proverbial hook.

Vendor Valerie
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
So then, yeah... shame on them. Didn't matter much for me, I picked up the Season Pass just before that info was announced so I was already on the proverbial hook.

The craptor is useful in a pinch at least. It makes rallying clan members a little easier. Especially for the "Attend a Major Arkfall with 15 clan members) which makes a Craptor train :D

Steel Fire
01-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Personally, I find it disturbing that they had to go with the whole stereotypical Japanese wandering samurai theme with the outfits and it had to be accompanied by a Japanese unit commander. Yet they decided to give the unit a distinctly Greek/Roman unit designation. The whole Japanese theme is in no way required for the unit to be built upon the teachings of Bushido. Sure, toss in the katanas, just for giggles and to please the folks who want more blades; whatever.

I'm willing to bet that the unit won't actually adhere to the tenants of Bushido and that the devs probably have no clue. It's just a catchy and deeply flawed stereotype that they spit-balled into a DLC. I wonder how many other offensive stereotypes they squeezed into this DLC.

DanteYoda
01-23-2014, 10:03 PM
No seriously they are.

I love them too, Slow mutations to you :) but this

This was just a weird comment, nearly every player i've met hates the chat we have now, and thinks a social structure in an MMO is insanely needed, palming it off as DLC yea kinda low, but the chat is very much needed..

So...your issue isn't actually with the Data Recorders its with their locations. I'm pretty sure they did that so we are forced to see all of the map...

So you'd be fine with data recorders if they were easier to find?

Arsenic_Touch
01-23-2014, 10:29 PM
So you'd be fine with data recorders if they were easier to find?

....being easy to find has nothing to do with it. They were all easy to find, they were just in random places that had no purpose. There was no effort to them, there was nothing to the data recorders at all. Now if data recorders were linked to actual game play and had a purpose besides being a lazy way of adding content, then I'd be fine with them.

When data recorders are placed within a mission providing back story to that mission, like popping up after you kill a guy or finding a secret room with a dead guy and his holo journal or something, then they work. 98 percent of them were in the middle of no where with nothing to do with their surroundings. The first DLC's quest line consisted of a fetch data recorder and some rampages.

Basically the data recorders, co-ops and pvp felt like they were just thrown on the end. The data recorders had no relevance to their surroundings or the storyline really except for a select few, the co-ops didn't fit into the main storyline at all outside of the few where you go into the co-op solo with an npc. The pvp had no rhyme or reason in the grand scheme of things as well. None of this content was fleshed out, just tacked on.

DanteYoda
01-23-2014, 10:49 PM
....being easy to find has nothing to do with it. They were all easy to find, they were just in random places that had no purpose. There was no effort to them, there was nothing to the data recorders at all. Now if data recorders were linked to actual game play and had a purpose besides being a lazy way of adding content, then I'd be fine with them.

When data recorders are placed within a mission providing back story to that mission, like popping up after you kill a guy or finding a secret room with a dead guy and his holo journal or something, then they work. 98 percent of them were in the middle of no where with nothing to do with their surroundings. The first DLC's quest line consisted of a fetch data recorder and some rampages.

Basically the data recorders, co-ops and pvp felt like they were just thrown on the end. The data recorders had no relevance to their surroundings or the storyline really except for a select few, the co-ops didn't fit into the main storyline at all outside of the few where you go into the co-op solo with an npc. The pvp had no rhyme or reason in the grand scheme of things as well. None of this content was fleshed out, just tacked on.

Makes complete sense and i agree with you it would have been better your way, so if they made more sense in the game setting you'd be completely cool with them, i guess.

I feel they added to my game personally, bit of back story etc.

The reason we had them as they were is i believe an achievement style thing that's a hang over from consoles, they are in so many console games these day its infuriating. (one i can think of was Prototype had these type of search item achievements too)..

N3gativeCr33p
01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
The craptor is useful in a pinch at least. It makes rallying clan members a little easier. Especially for the "Attend a Major Arkfall with 15 clan members) which makes a Craptor train :D

I actually have no idea how "useful" the Raptor is... I leave the Raptor driving up to Atticus. Completely lost interest in all things Raptor once the turret idea was scrapped.

DanteYoda
01-24-2014, 07:51 AM
The good thing about Raptors are when you are in a party of 4 everyone can pile into the one vehicle, i can then muck about with loadouts and perks while my mate drives :D

Zugo
01-24-2014, 08:01 AM
So there will most likely be some form of a reputation vendor in this new DLC. I'm very curious what will be for sale besides the new blades. Maybe versions of the new weapons and shields?

Atticus Batman
01-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I actually have no idea how "useful" the Raptor is... I leave the Raptor driving up to Atticus. Completely lost interest in all things Raptor once the turret idea was scrapped.

You know I drive, because you like riding up front and seeing me go where people say the Raptor isn't capable of going to, or catching more air with it than most think is possible! Not to mention you love tthe easy money from me completing roadside emergfencies by having the vehicle perks equipped and running everything over!

Atticus Batman
01-24-2014, 04:44 PM
The good thing about Raptors are when you are in a party of 4 everyone can pile into the one vehicle, i can then muck about with loadouts and perks while my mate drives :D

The Raptor also hits a monarch or Volge a few times before blowing up, unlike all those one hit and it's blown vehicles. It's even more fun if all four of you equip all those vehicle perks then ride in it! :D

xJdKxZomBiE
01-25-2014, 12:33 AM
Samurais. Swords.

Okay. gotta ask......

Trion, ARE YOU ****ING STUPID?

Why? Who asked for this crap? Who.

Bakku
01-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Samurais. Swords.

Okay. gotta ask......

Well I didn't ask for the samurai bit, but I did ask for metal swords like the ones the mutant cleavers use, and I'll be satisfied with what we're getting. My irathient needs to ditch the charge blade, not working for him.

Atticus Batman
01-25-2014, 02:31 AM
Well I didn't ask for the samurai bit, but I did ask for metal swords like the ones the mutant cleavers use, and I'll be satisfied with what we're getting. My irathient needs to ditch the charge blade, not working for him.

<----I asked for a real sword, but posted pics of longswords and bastard swords. I will however take a katana! Now about an actual shield, and armor?

Escyos
01-25-2014, 05:10 AM
Samurais. Swords.

Okay. gotta ask......

And if these swords are a Vysudium alloy that makes them 100 times stronger and lighter than steel, capable of being honed to the width of a single atom (making them the sharpest thing possible) and able to be charged with cold-fire energy to rip apart Volge?

Atticus Batman
01-25-2014, 05:28 AM
And if these swords are a Vysudium alloy that makes them 100 times stronger and lighter than steel, capable of being honed to the width of a single atom (making them the sharpest thing possible) and able to be charged with cold-fire energy to rip apart Volge?

I would still ask for my armor and matching shield! Now when do I get my Katana?!

Bonehead
01-26-2014, 02:36 AM
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1604586_733855389971757_1747674777_n.jpg

drackiller
01-26-2014, 03:14 AM
People just need to complain about almost anything. They complain for what they don`t have and that is understandable, they complain if they have just because it doesn`t meet their expectations, etc.

The game has problems as we all know, but it`s starting to get there, if it is on time to save the game no one knows. I for sure want the game to stay alive for quite a while.

To me this new addition to the game is very wellcome.

I`m with Atticus , know we just need the apropriate armor and shield :)

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 04:01 AM
People just need to complain about almost anything. They complain for what they don`t have and that is understandable, they complain if they have just because it doesn`t meet their expectations, etc.

The game has problems as we all know, but it`s starting to get there, if it is on time to save the game no one knows. I for sure want the game to stay alive for quite a while.

To me this new addition to the game is very wellcome.

I`m with Atticus , know we just need the apropriate armor and shield :)

Glad somebody agrees. I have been asking for this stuff since they started the bogus google vote thing. I also had for bows, bow guns, or crossbows. As well as other type of grenades and even suggested a few things.

Nashtalia
01-26-2014, 05:20 AM
I would still ask for my armor and matching shield! Now when do I get my Katana?!

i am calling for DLC 3 to go live on the first tuesday of Febs [ February ]. given Trion said, Early Febs is when DLC 3 is out...but anyhow for the actual blade, i will not be using since i prefer my Omni-Blade [ my Orange glowing Castithan blade].

i'm Commander Nashtalia Shepard and i will not use this Katana!

DanteYoda
01-26-2014, 07:04 AM
i am calling for DLC 3 to go live on the first tuesday of Febs [ February ]. given Trion said, Early Febs is when DLC 3 is out...but anyhow for the actual blade, i will not be using since i prefer my Omni-Blade [ my Orange glowing Castithan blade].

i'm Commander Nashtalia Shepard and i will not use this Katana!

What if you can make an Orange glowing Katana

Manstan
01-26-2014, 08:05 AM
OK Trion, here's my final offer, best I can do for you, $15 for all 3 DLCs.
And that is being generous.

Blondin
01-26-2014, 01:18 PM
OK Trion, here's my final offer, best I can do for you, $15 for all 3 DLCs.
And that is being generous.
You can find season pass for 11€... (almost 5 dlcs for 15$).

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM

That's what I am hoping for.

rebtattoo
01-26-2014, 03:57 PM
swords schmords. I want a Reaper.

As for shields. imo what we have is fine as long as they do something with the ones they discussed working with. I mentioned a grenade in another thread in a conversation with Arsenic.

Armor...armor....This was discussed in another thread also. Gimme a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. A rustic black duster for those nippy evenings and a rugged pair of boots and I will be very content. I'm not a medieval knight on the grail quest or a spaceman with an inferiority complex. I'm an ark hunter. I kill things that get in the way of what I am hunting. I'm a vagabond. A drifter. A nomad that the only thing heavy armor will do is slow me down. My opinion only, of course.

Manstan
01-26-2014, 04:07 PM
swords schmords. I want a Reaper.

As for shields. imo what we have is fine as long as they do something with the ones they discussed working with. I mentioned a grenade in another thread in a conversation with Arsenic.

Armor...armor....This was discussed in another thread also. Gimme a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. A rustic black duster for those nippy evenings and a rugged pair of boots and I will be very content. I'm not a medieval knight on the grail quest or a spaceman with an inferiority complex. I'm an ark hunter. I kill things that get in the way of what I am hunting. I'm a vagabond. A drifter. A nomad that the only thing heavy armor will do is slow me down. My opinion only, of course.

Ya I know what you mean. But a vest comes in handy
Dead Frontier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/manleystanley/thedeacon_zpsffc4cbc6.jpg

rebtattoo
01-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Ya I know what you mean. But a vest comes in handy
Dead Frontier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/manleystanley/thedeacon_zps29671835.jpgActually, now that you mention it, the vest that ll Duce wears would be bad arse!

Manstan
01-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Well if they want to make money off the Barby stuff they really need to add a lot to the wardrobe. I've looked at what the store has and none of it appeals to me. Too scifi and not enough steampunk, survivalist, weatern, ect.

Like I said I'm not in to the Barby stuff, but if DLC1 came with a hut of some sort, with storage. It would have more value to me.

I made the suggestion during the alpha of clan barracks/compounds. I mean if people had a place it live in game the would; sad but true lol Think about it. First your clan has to take the compound. And then, yes, keep it. No, no clan VS clan for the compound; I've seen where that ends up and it isn't pretty. The game could keep track and if enough clan members were logged in to the game, the game could start the compound attack and send everyone the warning; yes it would be a quick travel site.

Ya, I know, but it sounds good ;)

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Well if they want to make money off the Barby stuff they really need to add a lot to the wardrobe. I've looked at what the store has and none of it appeals to me. Too scifi and not enough steampunk, survivalist, weatern, ect.

Like I said I'm not in to the Barby stuff, but if DLC1 came with a hut of some sort, with storage. It would have more value to me.

I made the suggestion during the alpha of clan barracks/compounds. I mean if people had a place it live in game the would; sad but true lol Think about it. First your clan has to take the compound. And then, yes, keep it. No, no clan VS clan for the compound; I've seen where that ends up and it isn't pretty. The game could keep track and if enough clan members were logged in to the game, the game could start the compound attack and send everyone the warning; yes it would be a quick travel site.

Ya, I know, but it sounds good ;)

Sounds cool, but sadly most clan's would end up with only 5 people defending the base, because the other 20 clanmates that are on, just don't care.

Nashtalia
01-26-2014, 09:05 PM

it's already confirmed that the new blades aren't glow sticks xD

....so yes, will stick with my Omni-blade once i get DLC 3

Mudturtle Jones
01-27-2014, 05:08 PM
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1604586_733855389971757_1747674777_n.jpg

I was going to say greasy fingers.

crasher
01-28-2014, 06:39 AM

I was going to say greasy fingers.
Look at the picture and ask yourself:

"How did Sally's pigtail get so greasy?"

melkathi
01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
And all that because we get katanas in DLC 3 instead of Charge Forks with which little Billy could have eaten the bacon without getting grease on his fingers (and Sally's pigtails).

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 06:54 AM
And all that because we get katanas in DLC 3 instead of Charge Forks with which little Billy could have eaten the bacon without getting grease on his fingers (and Sally's pigtails).

Smooth move, little Billy... smooth move! :D

**And the more I hear about things over on the PTS, the more I'm not looking forward to the upcoming DLC.**