PDA

View Full Version : How would TRION (Defiance) get consumer confidence back, and repair their community?

Xervez
01-23-2014, 09:52 AM
State your reason and explanation...

To Whom This May Concern at TRION,

You need Better public relations for the game overall for ex.

Make a thread with ongoing questions that the community keep asking about..

Question:
Are we getting motorcycles?
Answer:
No, nothing is planned at this time.

Question:
Are we getting different type of vehicles in the future?
Answer:
Yes, since you guys uncovered some of our secrets on Defiance Data, we have 2 vehicles in the works.

Question:
Are we getting map expansion anytime soon?
Answer:
Not at this time, but is planned for future DLC.

Basically the questions you get asked over and over should be on a sticky post with a simple direct answer to calm the masses.

When everyone can plainly see the answer on your forums and not on your community fan made sites.

------

Promotion for new DLC 3 for ex.

Showcase the New Weapons and the Blade

Simple explanation why you went that route, would be nice to hear aka Dev Dairy..

--------

On the recent K-TAM Goodbye post,

You (TRION) should of owned the shtako out of that leaked information, by not censoring it and saying ...

Even though one of our many secrets is out we (TRION) have big plans for the game which coincide with the Show that would lead into further turmoil in Paradise.

or something snazzy like that...

---------

dahanese
01-23-2014, 09:58 AM
I need to chat with the devs to tell you anything about the old glossary info. They are the keepers of the story - but more is coming and you won't have to wait too long to hear what's up next after 7th Legion. :)

As for the q&a - it's a great idea! Defiance Data often does a great job with our livestreams - and the threads you guys make for those are a big help to trick and the team.

twitch reflex
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
I need to chat with the devs to tell you anything about the old glossary info. They are the keepers of the story - but more is coming and you won't have to wait too long to hear what's up next after 7th Legion. :)

As for the q&a - it's a great idea! Defiance Data often does a great job with our livestreams - and the threads you guys make for those are a big help to trick and the team.

I disagree in your live streams most of the time the answers are ill have to check or something like that and only choose the question you want to answer not what the community wants answered. I think more clear answers need to be given and follow up on the answers that were answered with ill have to check. I think a Q& A blog would be better because a lot of the times you guys dont answer the questions on live stream.

I do have a question and its basically about PvP will there be any balancing done to ego powers and weapons. PvP is honestly the only reason I play this game and would like to know if OP cloak will ever get balanced and weapons.

Xervez
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Defiance Data does do a great job but you (TRION) should not have to depend on a community fansite to do your work for you.

A sticky with ongoing questions / answers, open to the DEVs to post simple updates would really help with the severe distrust the community has for the game.

ColapsN7
01-23-2014, 11:20 AM
http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/5e/e60472da36e8c26fb5b95b7792ae905e.jpg
http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/3f/cbea23f3df5cbc22d775ed11d055873f.jpg
http://i58.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/e6/facd2478db2c458045c28c3b0c6fcde6.jpg
http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/ce/424335d272c1c66033ee5fcd8f11abce.jpg
http://i59.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/fc/ea2d169c6b096b4329718d042e8cbefc.jpg
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/95/38a30c302ac4e133bd7a3a8cf6af8595.jpg
http://i59.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/4d/814358fccebb91a6f124de3cb101a54d.jpg
http://i59.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/cd/29709cb16e971f8acfdb24f37f13c9cd.jpg
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/5c/d0e69d27b948c7a71c4568739495175c.jpg
http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0123/9e/8f63b3572a668a764954b27a09ed119e.jpg
Веше мнение *Чат трейд удобный.

BlaqWolf
01-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Bet 'map expansion' will be after all 5 of the 'season 1' DLC packages.

N3gativeCr33p
01-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Actually, I think the title of this thread should read:

"How should TRION (Defiance) get consumer confidence back, and repair their community?"

My suggestions?

1.) Start listening to their community, and respond to the same community on their forums more often.

2.) Be more prepared for their weekly live streams would be another suggestion.

Albion
01-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I think a lot of the problem comes from things like this warmaster mess - it was a mistake to do it, but a bigger mistake not to be honest with players, especially players who paid for that dlc and now wish they hadn't. The livestreams are fine, but there are many questions that we post that go unanswered - and sometimes I get the feeling that Trion hopes those questions just go away on their own.

Before I started playing Defiance, I played an awful lot of Mass Effect 3 MP. The devs at Bioware were pretty awesome, going so far as to post regularly on the Bioware forums, engaging players in their threads, and rarely leaving a question unanswered. They supported that mode with a ton of FREE content, I think 5 packs in all, and every weekend there was a community event that always had rewards (again, FREE) for all players. Granted, they had a cash shop just like Defiance does, where you could spend some cash and try your luck at improving your characters / weapons, etc. But you felt good about spending money there, because you were supporting a game where the devs seemed to really care and showed it by their actions and support.

It wasn't all perfect - nothing ever is. But I don't get that feeling from Defiance, and I never have since last April. Let me say that I really like dahanese, and that this is not about her directly. I just think that there is only so much she is allowed to say, and that even if she can answer to something like the warmaster nerf, she is not allowed to. Trion, you need to engage the player base more, and be honest - suprisingly a lot of us are still here, but still more have left for good.

rebtattoo
01-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Stole this from my post in the weekly live stream thread....

I'm with this.

As it is, I find it absolutely inane to even ask questions or have threads like this, other than to make the "forum community" feel like they are part of any planning process. The questions of pertinent issue are sidestepped so "fluffy" questions can be answered in their cute, of the wall manner. Important questions that the majority of the forum want answered are trivialized. Hell, some of these questions are still being asked since I first joined in Aug.

So, I will be a it more specific with my wording. Will we be seeing more of a Trion forum presence? Someone who will actually answer the questions that are being asked and not use a pre-scripted, over-used answer template that as copy and pasted? If not, would you please inform us so that we can quit wasting our time and efforts in threads like this? Would you please, also, make a sticky of "pre-approved" fluffy questions that you would rather answer, so we can then decide if we want to participate in the live stream?

I honestly appreciate the effort of the live stream information about upcoming things. However, let's not waste time and effort with an honest and serious Q&A segment if half the participants aren't going to be honest and serious.

Thank you for your consideration.

Manstan
01-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Bet 'map expansion' will be after all 5 of the 'season 1' DLC packages.

Well that makes little sense. How are they going to get 2 more out by June? I mean it took them a over a year to get 3 out, I don't see them getting 2 more out in 3 months; the third comes out next month.
And an even better question, will there still be anyone here to buy them.

"How should TRION (Defiance) get consumer confidence back, and repair their community?"

We have dozens of posts that answer that question ;)

N3gativeCr33p
01-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Before I started playing Defiance, I played an awful lot of Mass Effect 3 MP. The devs at Bioware were pretty awesome, going so far as to post regularly on the Bioware forums, engaging players in their threads, and rarely leaving a question unanswered. They supported that mode with a ton of FREE content, I think 5 packs in all, and every weekend there was a community event that always had rewards (again, FREE) for all players. Granted, they had a cash shop just like Defiance does, where you could spend some cash and try your luck at improving your characters / weapons, etc. But you felt good about spending money there, because you were supporting a game where the devs seemed to really care and showed it by their actions and support.

It wasn't all perfect - nothing ever is. But I don't get that feeling from Defiance, and I never have since last April. Let me say that I really like dahanese, and that this is not about her directly. I just think that there is only so much she is allowed to say, and that even if she can answer to something like the warmaster nerf, she is not allowed to. Trion, you need to engage the player base more, and be honest - suprisingly a lot of us are still here, but still more have left for good.

Amen, pretty much. The same can be said for DCUO and its merry band of devs. I will suggest that game to ANYONE who gets their mitts on a PS4. Soooooo much better than it is on PS3.

Nothing more fun than helping a new player of the game level up... QUICKLY. ;)

Holy Bahamut3
01-23-2014, 03:44 PM

My suggestions?

1.) Start listening to their community, and respond to the same community on their forums more often.

Totally agree especially with number 2. #2 can be broken down into two parts. Have answers ready and have Overloadt's character set up for what they plan to do during the livestream. His ill preparedness was funny at first, but now its just sad... Show us the level of dedication you give to the rift audience guys.

DanteYoda
01-23-2014, 07:08 PM

My suggestions?

3.) Pump funds and Dev time from Rift and Trove back into Defiance.

LITTLE B1RD
01-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Show us the level of dedication you give to the rift audience guys.

It would be nice to know that some of the people at Trion actually play, enjoy, and invest time in the Defiance game.

I've only caught a couple of the livestreams, but from what I gather from some of the posts here, their surprise, or denial of many of our issues, clearly indicates that nobody at Trion plays this game for more than 10 minutes a week, and that's a generous estimation.

Perhaps they wouldn't dismiss an issue if it were brought to them directly from a co-worker or family member, but it seems like they don't even know anyone directly that plays this regularly.

Admittedly, I could be completely wrong about this, and I understand the need for a Trion employee to be incognito in the game, but a stronger game prescence, on all platforms, would likely translate to a stronger forum prescence, and a better comprehension of problematic issues.

Isende
01-23-2014, 08:30 PM
it's really amazing to me, how "left out in the dark" players are in defiance. i started with rift at launch, and their interaction with the community was one of the things i LOVED. not seein' that so much here. i agree - get outta trove. can't say much for rift, cuz i loved that game, and know there are players there who still love it. but ... trove? really? tryin' to hone in on minecraft's market when you don't even really have THIS market down? c'mon, guys. you have so much potential in this game!!

TwwiX
01-24-2014, 12:58 AM
If Trion truly gave a **** about constructive feedback, the game wouldn't be in the state that it's currently in. I should have taken a hint during the sorry excuse of a closed beta that they held but i was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of my previous experience with Rift. So much for that.

N3gativeCr33p
01-24-2014, 07:20 AM
3.) Pump funds and Dev time from Rift and Trove back into Defiance.

I'm thinking it would be an easier task tracking down future winning lottery numbers than this ever happening.

storage chick
01-24-2014, 07:24 AM
that was the great thing about BUNGIE....they always listened to the community....intently....evidence points me to the fact that they dont care....i cant explain it any other way....

ironcladtrash
01-24-2014, 08:20 AM
A this point I think only turn over in Trion again would bring my confidence back. I have lost all faith in Trick and Dahanese. They are our only real contact with the game and never seem to give an honest or knowledgeable answer. Perfect example in this thread again dahanese came in and gave a vague and vapid response then went off again to who knows what. Trick's constant look of surprise for every question on the livestream has gotten old. If he took 5 minutes before the live streams to look around the forums to see what everyone was complaining about he wouldn't be so surprised, or god forbid actually played the game to see the obvious problems that need addressed and fixed.

I loved this game especially the PVP and every patch and DLC has made it worse. PVP needs completely fixed. The horrible bugs, broken queues and overpowered weapons make PVP a miserable experience when before it was the best. The PVP community actually used to be the friendliest too. PVP gets completely ignored most of the time and when they do look at it nothing gets fixed or they make it worse. The latest non fix to the surge bolter was it for me.

The other thing I hate around here is the constant white knight/fanboy defense of anything Trion or Defiance. Anytime a bug a problem is mentioned it gets attacked by people who can't wait to defend Trion. It's just trolling to start an argument and that is supposed to be against the TOS on here.

I hope all the issues get fixed and this game makes a comeback but I just don't see how. They would need a lot more resources and more employees that care.

Tsort
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
IMO season two will be the ultimate test. If not more time/effort/ressources are put into the game for the potential newcomers, it will be a real shame, and the final nail in the coffin for most players that are active in the online community. Me, I'll still play the game, for sure, but without any more hope for that untaped "potential" a lot of players had seen in the game. I would hate to see this game turn into more of a big waste, especially if TV season 2 gets a decent reception.

Holy Bahamut3
01-24-2014, 10:52 AM
It would be nice to know that some of the people at Trion actually play, enjoy, and invest time in the Defiance game.

I've only caught a couple of the livestreams, but from what I gather from some of the posts here, their surprise, or denial of many of our issues, clearly indicates that nobody at Trion plays this game for more than 10 minutes a week, and that's a generous estimation.

Perhaps they wouldn't dismiss an issue if it were brought to them directly from a co-worker or family member, but it seems like they don't even know anyone directly that plays this regularly.

Admittedly, I could be completely wrong about this, and I understand the need for a Trion employee to be incognito in the game, but a stronger game prescence, on all platforms, would likely translate to a stronger forum prescence, and a better comprehension of problematic issues.
From what I've seen you're right...

Hyperion5182
01-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Well that makes little sense. How are they going to get 2 more out by June? I mean it took them a over a year to get 3 out, I don't see them getting 2 more out in 3 months; the third comes out next month.
And an even better question, will there still be anyone here to buy them.

We have dozens of posts that answer that question ;)

Well My bet is 4 and 5 design wise are already in the can. 4 will be probably around April at their current pace (DLC pace has picked UP So it could be even March. But my money is April due to webisodes.) Five will be May at the latest because season 2 is gonna launch late june OR same day as Season 2 kicks off In Show.

These live streams are a perfect chance to start repairing their problems with the community. We're not looking for spoilers. We're not even looking for timeframes at times. The Warmaster loot problem has led to raids not giving ANY kind of damn its to the point i dont even feel like logging in. That lack of motivation can be laid directly at Trion's feet and the Livestream. They did NOT go into ANY detail and gave a very technical response that is being proven FALSE according to the orange count thread.

When players ask questions they need detailed answers. Especially on technical matters. They dont need exact numbers but they need to know why its happening.

We'll see where it goes. I still do not have the 32 bit problem fixed with rift and if it were to somehow come to defiance it might mark my end as a gamer without a computer overhaul in the high dollar value range. I'm..*sigh*

Etaew
01-24-2014, 03:32 PM
A sticky with ongoing questions / answers, open to the DEVs to post simple updates would really help with the severe distrust the community has for the game.

This is actually something I'm going to be looking at again, I have a questions and answers section on Defiance Data, but it was very time consuming to maintain, however I realize it's really useful for players and want to push this again.

Potentially I can direct Trick or dahanese to particular questions, as well as include all the latest livestreams on it.

I'm away in Miami right now covering the Paradox convention so I'm looking at a return to work on Defiance Data around Tuesday / Wednesday.

Ned Kelly
01-25-2014, 04:50 AM
I have played this game since beta and have only recently started to post in the forums. When I was first introduced to the game by a friend, I thought that the concept was (and still is) awesome. I bought the game and the five DLC pack.

When the first DLC was announced, I thought this is going to be awesome! But unfortunately not. There seems a complete disconnect between us, the players (aka your money stream) and the developers direction. I constantly read about vaporous answers, Trick's surprised look (must be practiced) during live streams and I wonder what is really going on at Trion Worlds, this constant disconnect to my mind is tarnishing the brand of Trion Worlds.

If you were to combine both the DLC packs, it still doesn't seem like a value add to the game. People since first inception have been asking for map expansion, new content, missions that last more than fifteen minutes. How does a single player arena make it's way into an mmo and be thought a good idea?

Then on top of that you bring in a charge blade that has no weapon skill associated with it and melee attacks with the weapons of the time doing more damage (Quality Control). Graphics showing arkhunters racing towards arkfalls with a cerberus in the image. Now I'm sure this can be rationalised by saying "We are showcasing what is in the pack and the game." But it just seems underhanded.

Now with the latest DLC we have a graphic of someone being decapitated, but during the live stream we are told that this will not occur during gameplay "But is planned on coming soon in future releases". Before the live stream we are asked to put forward questions, we the community would like addressed. The forum is full of them, would you like us to do some programming for the team as well. We have provided endless questions, How about some proactive work on your part, search the forums yourselves and find the burning topics, bugs and other gripes and give some proactive feedback.

I try to imagine Hollywood producers saying "Hey lets have bushido code following soldiers wielding swords and other age old equipment "Clothing of a bygone age" as a good idea. Are you planning for the next DLC "Grenadier Guards with busby's and the new vehicle being a double decker bus?" Maybe we could bring back the blunderbuss! Am I missing something, didn't the aliens that arrived has far more advanced technology then their human counterparts?

I am struggling to see how this fits with the game, let alone the TV show, I can just image the slaughter of this unit "Thinking of the volge attack against defiance"

Trion Worlds in order to help restore the faith of this gamer, I would do the following.

1. I'm sorry to say but replacing the current Director of Global Communications would be a start, IMO epic fail. You have neither the will, nor aptitude to continue in this role.

2. Trick Dempsey, you have failed also. See point one.

3. Hire some people that really believe in this game, will test on our version of it and not be surprised that features you currently use are not available to the player base (Quality Control).

Currently as it stands it seems that there is neither communication of any substance to the community or the developers of this game. Why has it taken so long for chat to be fixed, and then showcased as a selling point for the upcoming DLC.

What about bug fixes? It seems when the reward table for the Warmaster isn't right, fixed "Trion Worlds Fixed" About the only fast paced reaction I've seen was the fix for Tier 3 mods. How come these can be addressed so rapidly but other bugs just never get addressed.

Can I have a response from someone at Trion Worlds with some concrete answers regarding these issues and many others that are gathering mold forgotten by devs but not the community.

Manstan
01-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Now there is a prime example of how to post in a forum to clearly have your point understood. Kudos :D

I'll also give it an Amen!

D351
01-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Consumer confidence could be earned by getting the game to function properly. Is there a place where someone has listed all of the currently known bugs for each version of the game with how long they've been present? That kind of place would be a start. I'm starting to believe that running the game on three platforms has somehow made maintaining the code on this project too much of a nightmare for Trion to keep up with. I can not imagine any other reason that Trion has managed to have this much trouble getting the thing to run right. I know writing code for multiple platforms can be problematic, and it looks like Trion may have bitten off more than it could chew. This would also explain why they keep adding and modifying features (arenas, multi-player versions of previously solo maps, etc.) without fixing some of the most obvious problems (frequent crashes and kicks). We may simply have to come to terms with the fact that this game will always be buggy. I just can't imagine this is a purely planning or budgeting problem.

Arsenic_Touch
01-25-2014, 09:10 AM
They can start with being active on their forums. It will always start there.
The director even admitted that she is on sporadically and we've been complaining about their sporadic posting since day 1.
Until they get it through their skulls that they need to engage the players on the forum more, there is constantly going to be a disconnect.

Manstan
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
As for as communication this one is about average. LOTROs is bad, you will get more guff then answers from mods/devs. ACRs is pretty open. I used to BS with devs all the time; argued with the guy coding the racing physics too. "Doesn't matter how realistic tire grip is when the game wont let you steer the car" lol

We seem to get it in spurts, like it's the third Tuesday of the month so it's time to put in a showing on the forum lol

hey u
01-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Fix server stability and buff up difficulty on EVERYTHING within the game or make the co-op maps co-op in difficulty. Give every player 500k script and ark salvage.

rebtattoo
01-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Fix server stability and buff up difficulty on EVERYTHING within the game or make the co-op maps co-op in difficulty. Give every player 500k script and ark salvage.I agree that the level of difficulty in the game is rather lax. Things could use a little bump.

As far as the scrip and salvage gift. Keep it. My contentment can't be bought. Besides, scrip and salvage are so easy to come by in game. I can make a 100k in salvage a night just doing afflicted sieges and afflicted roadsides.

As I, and others have stated and requested, communication is what might build a bit of that confidence back. Daily communication on the issues that the players are discussing. Respond to the Bugs/Issues threads. Hell, I submitted a question on it 3 days ago without a single response. I can't imagine running business in that manner!

I have to agree with Ned Kelly up there. If you don't "have time" to do the job your occupying, perhaps it's time to move on and allow someone else that has the same dedication and love for the game that the forum is about, to fill the role.

If the game was bug free with absolutely no issues, I could understand a lack of communication because it wouldn't be needed. We aren't anywhere near that state though. The game has a lot of issues that NEED to be addressed! The player base, as part of its investor base are entitled to concise, prompt, and politely delivered answers. Not only are we owed this, we are at a point f demanding it. I ask for a responsible DoGC that is happily willing to do this.

3rdpig
01-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Fix the game.
Stop lying and evading
Fix the game
Start communicating
Fix the game
Stop selling bug fixes as DLC
Fix the game
Stop moving stuff in the cash shop that should be available by grinding
Fix the game
Stop releasing patches that break far more than they fix...if they fix anything
Fix the effing game

Vendor Valerie
01-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Fix the game.
Stop lying and evading
Fix the game
Start communicating
Fix the game
Stop selling bug fixes as DLC
Fix the game
Stop moving stuff in the cash shop that should be available by grinding
Fix the game
Stop releasing patches that break far more than they fix...if they fix anything
Fix the effing game

Well truthfully, they're not selling bug fixes to you. You're not buying the ability to download the patch.

hey u
01-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Buff up health on a Arkfall along with round length on a drop. I feel like round 1 and 2 are a joke and round 3, bonus wave 4 and 5 are the most fun I say. Get it so I can play WM all day along with Defiance without having to get a server timeout message left and right when trying to enter in a WM. A Volge Arkfall would be fun but buff up all the Arkfall drops.

Add in new daily, weekly, monthly and a yearly contracts. Say kill 1-3 million creatures and we get script, ark salvage and keycodes.