PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to have a nano-effect or none at all?

Raging Raven
01-24-2014, 04:16 AM
Sometimes it looks like some weapons, because of the nano-effect, do less damage on some ennemies. Or is it my imagination?

JEMINAI
01-24-2014, 04:21 AM
hmmm i cant answer that... i dont use nano-less weapons.
worth checking out though

Escyos
01-24-2014, 04:28 AM
I tend to use the same nano-less weapon all the time, wipes out most enemies pretty quickly. Personal preferences I guess. Just choose what you like.

DragonForza
01-24-2014, 09:09 AM
A lot of them are useful, some are better in certain scenarios, etc.

Zack Fair
01-24-2014, 09:13 AM
I always thought Nano=more DMG?

Deunan
01-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I always thought Nano=more DMG?It depends on the nano-effect. Three of them produce more damage (incendiary, radiation and syphon). Electrical stuns enemies and stops shield regeneration. Biological slows enemies and reduces their damage.

Deunan
01-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Sometimes it looks like some weapons, because of the nano-effect, do less damage on some ennemies. Or is it my imagination?It's just your imagination. Nano effects don't cause reduced gun damage.

Extreme Rugburn
01-24-2014, 01:36 PM
It depends on the nano-effect. Three of them produce more damage (incendiary, radiation and syphon). Electrical stuns enemies and stops shield regeneration. Biological slows enemies and reduces their damage.

This is somewhat untrue, at least for PvE. Electrical does additional damage because when I use my AR with electrical and it procs I see additional damage tick as the mob is twitching. Also radiation doesnt do direct damage but rather increases the amount of damage you do to the affected mob. You also have to take into consideration that some mobs have resistances against certain damage or weaknesses, so those will in turn affect the damage you do with Nano weapons.

Raging Raven
01-25-2014, 06:33 AM
It's just your imagination. Nano effects don't cause reduced gun damage.

I don't know on green Hellbugs for example I seem to do way less damage with my nano radiation weapon.

Seizan
01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Though I don't think that's the case, at least in PvE, do realize that certain shields have resistance against certain nano effects (could be a factor in PvP maybe).

Seizan
01-25-2014, 06:54 AM
I don't know on green Hellbugs for example I seem to do way less damage with my nano radiation weapon.

It could be possible that the different sub-species of hell bugs have resistance against nano effects that match their own element (so fire hell bugs would be more resilient against incendiary weapons and those green ones you mentioned would take less damage from radiation for example).

Midori Oku
01-25-2014, 10:34 AM

It's just your imagination, or you're noticing falloff damage. The damage is the same; however, it does seem like nano effects are a lot less likely to proc. I hardly ever see the incendiary nano effect proc on a fire monarch, or warrior.

Deunan
01-25-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't know on green Hellbugs for example I seem to do way less damage with my nano radiation weapon.Hellbugs are armored. All weapons do reduced damage against them unless you hit their soft spots. Damage is always based off of the weapons base damage with damage bonus modifiers applied first and then any damage that nano process does. No nano process lowers damage. You need to take a closer look at your weapons if the damage for two same type of weapon of the same rarity are doing lower damage where one has a nano effect. The one without the nano effect may have a damage multiplier bonus stat. It may also be that the hellbug has a radiation nano process running on it from someone else if you're experiencing this with one of the boss or mini boss hellbugs. Or it may just be your imagination since you keep using the term "seem" rather than pointing at hard numbers.