PDA

View Full Version : What is Cannoneer Synergy?

JAMiAM
01-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi,

New player here. I've got the impression that the mod/weapon synergy effects require having a particular perk equipped on your character. However, I've run across some weapons and mods that specify a Cannoneer Synergy, and I can't seem to find Cannoneer in the list of the available perks. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

richmanrush
01-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Synergies come in one of two ways currently: On weapon mods earned (side quests) or purchased from mod vendors around the map. You can equip anywhere from one to four (shown under your weapon card in grey granting bonuses in white when equipped)
Or, weapons themselves (typically when you see only a 2 listed under the weapon card)

richmanrush
01-24-2014, 11:45 AM
realized I may have confused you more. Here is the support page with info:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1532

dramaQkarri
01-24-2014, 11:46 AM
No, not quite - Cannoneer guns are needing Cannoneer synergy Mods, not perks. Tho you can use perks to enhance the effects. Where it shows the stock/barrel/magazine/sight when you view the gun, it shows you what bonuses it will give you when you fill those mod slots. If you check out the rarities of mods (white/green/blue/purple) you will see the effect is better on the more rare mods. There are no orange ones, FYI, at least not yet.

dramaQkarri
01-24-2014, 11:52 AM
LOL it took me so long to type my info to you that someone beat me to it! Anyway keep asking if you're still confused!

Deunan
01-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Where it shows the stock/barrel/magazine/sight when you view the gun, it shows you what bonuses it will give you when you fill those mod slots. If you check out the rarities of mods (white/green/blue/purple) you will see the effect is better on the more rare mods.Synergy effects are unaffected by the rarity of the mod and are flat across all rarities. The only thing rarity does is affect the base mod effect, e.g. the mag multiplier or reload speed multiplier in a mag mod, normal damage multiplier, critical damage multiplier or fallof range increase on a barrel mod, etc.

JAMiAM
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Ahh...so I was pretty far off thinking that they were linked to perks. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!