PDA

View Full Version : I just got the game recently, some help appreciated

dadgoat
01-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Hello, I have just started playing and I am having a blast, however I have been curious about a few things such as:
Where are most players, I rarely see anyone, even at what I think are called "Arkfalls" which the game makes out to be a big deal.
What are some basic things that I should know about the game, enemies, currency, and gear.
Lastly are there big bosses or areas that are farmed and when do I encounter said places.

Thank you for helping a new player out.

I am on PC for all that this concerns.

crasher
01-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Hello, I have just started playing and I am having a blast, however I have been curious about a few things such as:
Where are most players, I rarely see anyone, even at what I think are called "Arkfalls" which the game makes out to be a big deal.
What are some basic things that I should know about the game, enemies, currency, and gear.
Lastly are there big bosses or areas that are farmed and when do I encounter said places.

Welcome to the forums, wipe yer feet, watch yer head, don't mind the inhabitants... we can be a mite uncivilized, too.

2 Things you want to know:

1.) defiancedata.com

2.) Guy on youtube named Grimwyrd explains synergy on one of his several Defiance vids. I suggest you spend the 18 minutes watching it, and you'll save lots of wasted mods in future while you try to figure out a poorly defines/non-intuitive system.

This is it, he has others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME

Also, post your platform and server (NA or EU) in your signature line, it'll help people address any issues when they can offer help.

And keep your arms inside the car at all times.

Sliverbaer
01-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Along with those, there are two sticky threads in General. (At the top of the list of threads)

One being Great List of Forum Game Guides (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides).

One guide, in particular that I like, but hasn't been updated in awhile: The "How to" Guide For when your in the Bay area! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24199-The-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-For-when-your-in-the-Bay-area!&highlight=guide)

hey u
01-25-2014, 10:46 AM

JW what system you playing Defiance on and sounds like you may have got put into a phase with a WM going on and everyone is there. Sometimes with me Defiance will put me in a dead phase/world. I log out of defiance to my PS3 dashboard and log back in and helps me out there.

Deunan
01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Where are most players, I rarely see anyone, even at what I think are called "Arkfalls" which the game makes out to be a big deal.With the recent release of the second DLC (downloadable content) there are now separate instances that up 24 players can travel to called Arkbreaks. These have been taking hundreds of players out of the regular outdoor world since their release. Even before that there are also internal Co-op instances that take 4 player teams out of the world and some are cyclically popular because doing them fulfills faction contracts that provide reputation tokens for that faction which allow players to purchase items from that faction's reputation vendor and to get ranking from that faction to get pursuit points that increase a player's EGO rating.

The game also experiences cyclical increases in the player population when DLC is released and decreases in the player population, both permanent and temporary, because the development team for the game has made some decisions that have upset a lot of players and also unintentionally made changes to content that's devalued the game for many players and I suspect that we're in one now because of what happened with the last patch.

You should also know that the game distributes players into different instances of the world based on player population in an instance so you may have been places in one with fewer players. You can try and get into one with a higher population by relogging into the game.

Lillith Valerian
01-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Do NOT take any one single person's 'word for it' when asking about the value of any orange weapon you may get lucky enough to pull yourself, or have someone try to sell to you.

Ask around and get many unrelated opinions first, before buying or selling anything. Even better, hang on to/hold off on buying/selling anything until you become more experienced, and learn the subtleties and details of weapons yourself.

There are people that actively look for new players, and try to rip you off.