PDA

View Full Version : Grenade mods/ stims / getting favored automaticly

seVan
01-25-2014, 02:24 PM
I had a legendary 0 sec grenade mod before the change with dlc2, i still use those grenades with every loadout. So i never use anyother, but somehow if i pick up a white - blue mod from another type it goes sometimes to "favorite" and will not get salvaged by mass salvage.

That can go extremly fustrating when u have 2-3 lets say pyro grenades on the field and want to salavage them. You pick up one hit inventory and then you have to scroll down, deselect favorite and then mass salvage. For each type mod on the field. When u have 5-6 in a coop map after a bigger fight it on the ground it sux. the same goes for stims too but at least they dont drop that often.

I counted my last 5 coop games, I had to defavorite 37x times to get everything salvaged, and i already see the time when i missclick and defavorite my orange frag mod.

Suggestion:
I am willing to keep from every type of grenade 1 in my inventory, but if your grenades are full (5/5) from any type, and if you try to pick up the same type then you should automaticly get the salvage value for it, unless it is not from a higher tier.

The less elegant methode is that mods dont get "autofavorited" if you pick up one that you dont use, so you dont have to stop and micromanage by every single grenade mod or at least not so often since u still have to mass salvage stuff.

Most probably non of this will get implemented, still i tried to get voice to my fustration. Still the perfect system would be that mod and the consumable should be different items and not the same. Like the one that Borderlands uses.

I am using a PC to play this game but this could be i gues even more fustrating on a console.

BTW why do we have the favorited stuff on the top? we have to scroll down for each new gun technicaly to compare( and deselect favorite), after an inventory space of 60-70+ it gets tiresome.
Non-Favorite stuff should be on the top.

Write your toughts about it, or do only I have this problem.

crasher
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?147313-Friday-live-stream.&p=1387084&viewfull=1#post1387084

How about the part where we kept posting in the stream about how grenades get favorited when they are picked up, and he STILL got the whole concept wrong?

We've been talking about it here on the forums for weeks? How is it a surprise, and why is he ALWAYS that unfamiliar with the info we keep talking about?

Bonehead
01-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I am pretty sure the staff has no idea why the game does 90% of the goofy stuff it does and as long as it doesn't crash and burn, the'll let it go.
Trying to fix it usually makes it worse.

Valethar
01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
It's funny.. white grenades auto favorite. Any other rarity, for me, does not. I'm constantly having to remove those trash bio grenades so I can salvage them.

crasher
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
It's funny.. white grenades auto favorite. Any other rarity, for me, does not. I'm constantly having to remove those trash bio grenades so I can salvage them.
I have shields unfavorite all the time, and the green mod cache for episode 4 (first one) just autofaved.

Valethar
01-25-2014, 08:29 PM
I have shields unfavorite all the time, and the green mod cache for episode 4 (first one) just autofaved.

I think our EGO implants have a virus.

Bonehead
01-25-2014, 08:53 PM
I think SOMETHING has a virus.

Telemachus
01-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Not certain, though do you hold the key too long while trying to pick them up. ...

Just tap don't hold. may be that's the problem ?

crasher
01-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Not certain, though do you hold the key too long while trying to pick them up. ...

Just tap don't hold. may be that's the problem ?
No, 'cuz that would equip it.
They just auto-fav, so you have to go hunt them down to uncheck before you can break them down.
However you do it, it just adds windows and/or steps to break the crap you didn't want in the first place, except for salvage/scrip, and now we can only carry one at a time.

AndrewReviewYou
01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
I found this to be an issue, I thought Trion did it as a safety measure but realised it was a dumb bug when I couldn't find a way to turn it off. It is a pain when I have like 5 different sets of grenades that I have to unfavourite everytime I want to sell or salvage them.

seVan
01-27-2014, 09:48 AM
It would me not wonder if I was a feature and not a bug. It can be a bad design choise poorly executed or a bug. In either way I hope it will be fixed soon (perhaps with a DLC 3). Tough an official reply would be nice that they at least recognized that we have the problem and it will be fixed sometime.

Jet1337
01-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I made a post about this in the bug section. Seems a lot of people overlook **** like this.

crasher
01-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I made a post about this in the bug section. Seems a lot of people overlook **** like this.
The bug section is so we have some place to put stuff they don't much care about.

They actually say in there after you post - that they want you to specifically send a bug report from inside the game (presumably while you're in the instance, and in the action, or process of getting shot at).
It's as if were you to wait til later they would have a harder time looking at the instant replay of the video tape, and the umpires and line judges won't be able to figure it out.

I've had my bug reports and msgs all result in closed tickets and no reports listed when I go back to look at the issues.