PDA

View Full Version : XP Unit Cap

Nauto Unzi
01-26-2014, 05:00 AM
Okay, so basically I didn't know that there is an XP cap, a 260, which is around ego level 3458, which is the ego level I was at. I contacted Trion, like that would actually help, and ask if there was something wrong since I was no longer getting XP from Ark hunting. Basically after Level 260, you no longer get XP for Ark hunting or anything else you do. You only gain Ego from following through your pursuits, which is a pain in the A**. I'm basically waiting around for pursuits to renew. There are not enough daily or weekly pursuits for you to advance your ego after you've hit the unit cap. This is really upsetting since, I would basically play the game for hours on end, now I can't do anything, what's the point. Trion has taken the Ark hunting out of being an Ark Hunter. I'm stuck waiting around for a pursuit to renew so I can actually play the game for a reason, otherwise, I can join Ark Falls, but basically with no purpose. What's the use of playing the game if you can't get XP from being an Ark Hunter and actually Ark Hunting?

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 05:08 AM
Okay, so basically I didn't know that there is an XP cap, a 260, which is around ego level 3458, which is the ego level I was at. I contacted Trion, like that would actually help, and ask if there was something wrong since I was no longer getting XP from Ark hunting. Basically after Level 260, you no longer get XP for Ark hunting or anything else you do. You only gain Ego from following through your pursuits, which is a pain in the A**. I'm basically waiting around for pursuits to renew. There are not enough daily or weekly pursuits for you to advance your ego after you've hit the unit cap. This is really upsetting since, I would basically play the game for hours on end, now I can't do anything, what's the point. Trion has taken the Ark hunting out of being an Ark Hunter. I'm stuck waiting around for a pursuit to renew so I can actually play the game for a reason, otherwise, I can join Ark Falls, but basically with no purpose. What's the use of playing the game if you can't get XP from being an Ark Hunter and actually Ark Hunting?

You are confused my friend. Those dailies and weeklies are contracts not pursuits. The pursuits are not renewed and yes if you want a higher ego, then you have to do them. The ego level is there to should how much of the game you have done. Think of the pursuits as your Ark Hunters training, since it is basically there to show that you can do everything in the game.

There are pursuits for each area in the world. For racing, for the hotshots and rampages. As well as Competitive. There are also some for arkfalls, and arkbreaks. As well as arenas ans co-ops. Etc etc. When you open that goals menu that shows you your contracts, look at the other tab. It is the actual pursuits. Hope that hells clear your head a little.

Btw you play games for fun, not just to level up. Play some of the older console games. Your level capped at 99 but it was just fun to continue playing and killing stuff.

Drunk
01-26-2014, 05:10 AM
ok... someone fancy editing this so its not in welsh?:confused:

Nauto Unzi
01-26-2014, 05:13 AM
Okay that was the confusing part, I was basically told by someone at Trion, I would no longer gain ego unless it was via a pursuit. It's still a pain that you can no longer Ark Hunt on a regular basis and gain ego. Understand they want to drive the other sections of the game, but it takes way from being an Ark Hunter when you can't Ark Hunt.

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 05:13 AM
ok... someone fancy editing this so its not in welsh?:confused:

Try coffee for a little bit. It is in english. Read my post above yours, maybe that will help you figure out his issue. :p

Atticus Batman
01-26-2014, 05:17 AM
Okay that was the confusing part, I was basically told by someone at Trion, I would no longer gain ego unless it was via a pursuit. It's still a pain that you can no longer Ark Hunt on a regular basis and gain ego. Understand they want to drive the other sections of the game, but it takes way from being an Ark Hunter when you can't Ark Hunt.

Nothing stops you from Arkhunting. Btw leveling your gun skills and your vehicle skills gives you exp and are part of the pursuits, witch will give you more exp. Killing so much stuff ( I think 50 thousand enemies) is also a pursuit, as is killing things with certain weapon types. You really need to look at your pursuits closer since you don't seem to realize that just Ark hunting works towards most of them.

DSW
01-26-2014, 05:43 AM
well, i'm ego 4600 now and still not capped out. though i've completed about 100 pursuits so far. the only gotchas is coop ones, esp. 'get trusted status with echelon'

yue
01-26-2014, 05:53 AM
There is a list under goals try doing some of them . Try lvl up weapon classes . Try not to whine . I been at ego 5000 since June . 5000 isn't hard . And so what if u don't lvl up anymore . Do u have every gun u want in the game ? Do u have so much scrip it gives u a chubby when u look at it ? There is always something to do . Teach others bout the game . But with a post like this u should probably keep to urself

Fuzzy
01-26-2014, 06:16 AM
It won't help you that much because you seem to really like Arkfalls.
If you look at your statistics, you should see something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Vat7Dm0.jpg

I mean the part where it says "EGO Upgrade".

As you can see, this is from my level 5.000. I don't get any EGO upgrade anymore because my Ego grid (press K) is filled out completely.
It isn't really explained anywhere and I didn't know about this cap at first too. I was told my some people in my first clan.

Well, now. What can you do?
Just press "J" and you'll see all your pursuits. I got mine at 107/108. The only pursuit missing is the one for "Rise of the clans II".
It's depressing and annoying that there isn't really much of an explanation in this game. You have to figure out a lot of stuff by yourself (or ask in the forums about it ;)).
BUT, and that's something that was already said, your EGO level shows how much of the game you have completed. It shows what you can do in this game.
It should be a little bit of a challenge to get to 5k.

I gotta be honest. My first char (which is ego 5.000) was capped out at level 4.500 or so. And all I had left were leveling weapons and pursuits.
So I started doing them. Some were fun, some annoying. I was annoyed by all the weapons I had to level up (4 points for each level, not much...) but in the end, I got to 5k and as I was looking back, it was worth the hard work because I and all others could see, that I did a lot for hitting the level cap.
Now, my second char, I did things differently. I leveld all weapons, I did pursuits and I'm now at level 4.200 with him and he'll get to 5k with XP.
I don't know what sounds more fun to you. First doing all the pursuits and stuff and now grinding XP to no end or the other way around.

In the end, it doesn't matter anymore because you are capped. But there still is a lot to do.
I at first didn't look at my pursuits too (I didn't even know they existed).
I just wanted to show you that it's challenging to get to 5k. It's not as easy as it seems because you have to grind a lot, you have to kill a lot and you have to do stuff you don't want to do (given you want to get to 5k).