PDA

View Full Version : Negative Bloom

BlaqWolf
01-27-2014, 04:33 AM
So, I've been running around with some weapons with 0.10 or lower bloom (SMGs) thinking they were pretty tight.

Then I get one with 0.01 like... wow... Modded it with a recoil mod and it went to -0.02 and the group seemed more loose.
Now I just picked one up with -0.08! And it's got the same shot group as my Cat Springer at 0.08

Is there something screwy about going below 0.00 bloom?

crasher
01-27-2014, 05:01 AM
So, I've been running around with some weapons with 0.10 or lower bloom (SMGs) thinking they were pretty tight.

Then I get one with 0.01 like... wow... Modded it with a recoil mod and it went to -0.02 and the group seemed more loose.
Now I just picked one up with -0.08! And it's got the same shot group as my Cat Springer at 0.08

Is there something screwy about going below 0.00 bloom?Many mods do not play according to the rules, and statistic on certain weapons and/or situations/combinations seem to be wildazzed guesses and arbitrary numbers at best.

BMG stats are some of the more noticeable.

Another example:
For the longest time, scopes were FUBAR as a result of several people with varying degrees of comprehension coupled with complete misunderstanding of the rules working on the well-oiled machine (Lets call it 'The Program') made adding optics to weapons reduce accuracy to the point of rendering the weapons all but useless. One was never sure which side of the coin was 'heads' and which side was 'You just wasted the weapons mods on this unit, try again'.

Not to sound cynical, but welcome to our world of non-intuitive issues with stats. They have their own rules, and some of the rules allow them to do what they want regardless of what they portray.

Mr666
01-27-2014, 06:01 AM
I think it works like this 0.0 is the bulleye and you want to get as close as you can without going over or under. Going one way or the way is throw you off because if you have a 0.0 reload it is quicker the a -0.5. but also 0.05 is the same reload time as -0.05.

BlaqWolf
01-28-2014, 07:02 AM
I think it works like this 0.0 is the bulleye and you want to get as close as you can without going over or under. Going one way or the way is throw you off because if you have a 0.0 reload it is quicker the a -0.5. but also 0.05 is the same reload time as -0.05.

Well... my Pulser now has a bloom of 0.00 - yet it still has a bit of spread. I don't know it's true 'recoil' and it doesn't seem to walk much while unloading.

crasher
01-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Well... my Pulser now has a bloom of 0.00 - yet it still has a bit of spread. I don't know it's true 'recoil' and it doesn't seem to walk much while unloading.
I don't think that it's all due to recoil either.

As an extreme example, use a SAW on a fence that Demon.
Unload a mag at the fence from about 20 feet away.

NOTHING can account for the spray/spread pattern you see on the fence that is frequently able to spew a pattern completely around a 'target area', and that can easily put as little as 8 rounds out of 85 into a man-sized area.

It's randomly programed to force you to fail.
And while the stats are an indication of possible outcome, a lot of the stats (BMG, Anyone?) have little to do with the results you see in the game.

Sure, it's a game, but the devs put some 'physics' and 'rules/stats' into it. I keep thinking that it'd be nice if they tried to follow some of those physics and rules. Otherwise, they could just put 'XX', and 'YY' in for stats and then randomly give us results anyway.

Nashtalia
01-28-2014, 07:19 AM
excuse my newb-nessity but what is "BLOOM" on the weapon stat thing? someone explain please? 3:

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 07:22 AM
excuse my newb-nessity but what is "BLOOM" on the weapon stat thing? someone explain please? 3:

Hopefully, this will help. (Quick Google search, pardon me if it doesn't 100% explain it.)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50515-Defiance-Tutorial-Weapon-Bloom-And-Recoil

Nashtalia
01-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Hopefully, this will help. (Quick Google search, pardon me if it doesn't 100% explain it.)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50515-Defiance-Tutorial-Weapon-Bloom-And-Recoil

so from the text, it pretty much is about your slug hitting your target...and the video provided is unavailable

bigguy
01-28-2014, 07:45 AM
as for negative bloom and its spray pattern im not sure but i do know when you get to negative bloom there is no recoil on the weapon at all it will not lift in full auto so thats a bonus

Nashtalia
01-28-2014, 07:48 AM
as for negative bloom and its spray pattern im not sure but i do know when you get to negative bloom there is no recoil on the weapon at all it will not lift in full auto so thats a bonus

so....let me get this straight, having a Positive [High] Bloom number is good? good as in your slug hitting the target on your cross-hair :confused:

as a marks-woman i need to know!

3:

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 07:58 AM
...and the video provided is unavailable

Guess it's to be expected, since the thread itself is so old...

crasher
01-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Watch the crosshairs of your aim/scope.
As you rapid fire, the crosshairs spread.
That's the bloom, and it affects how far successive shots spread out from the center, as you fire.
Stop shooting for a moment and the crosshairs close back up.

Lower numbers are better.

Think of it as shooting into the small end of a funnel, and as you rapid fire, they come out an expanding 'big end'.

Lower numbers restrict how big 'the big end' can get.

Zack Fair
01-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Recoil:

How much yur gun actually moves (it recoils up as you shoot usually)

Bloom:

How much your CROSSAIR moves when shooting (your reticle will spread more)

Nashtalia
01-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Watch the crosshairs of your aim/scope.
As you rapid fire, the crosshairs spread.
That's the bloom, and it affects how far successive shots spread out from the center, as you fire.
Stop shooting for a moment and the crosshairs close back up.

Lower numbers are better.

Think of it as shooting into the small end of a funnel, and as you rapid fire, they come out an expanding 'big end'.

Lower numbers restrict how big 'the big end' can get.

Thank you for this very detailed information, "I" Commander Nashtalia Shepard APPROVES *salutes*

* thanks derpy ;)