PDA

View Full Version : Nope. Not fixed with the "DLC"

Umfafa
01-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Chat is still as crappy as it's always been. It doesn't update and doesn't show current chat through various windows.

I'm so bored that I can't even wait for the Incursion or whatever they called the Forced Emergency.

Bah. Trion, you bore me.

Trader Tori
01-28-2014, 12:32 AM
So now you can't pull up the old chat interface for when you need to scroll through the history? If true that was the one thing I commented on the blog about but thought, "they couldn't make a blunder that huge could they?"

Umfafa
01-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Nope, it's totally ****ed all the time now.

So....if the end of a game was named by the DLC, I would say DLC 3 is it.

It's just as **** as it's always been, but....somehow....worse.

And yeah, the new "content" is running from one emergency to the other, ala death march.

I'm done.

Even with the 1500 bits i have in inventory. Spend those on clan boosts and move on.

Cuz Trion gave up 2 DLC's ago.

Trader Tori
01-28-2014, 12:51 AM
I am posting this on behalf of Vendor Valerie who appears to have offended the powers that be. I am innocent as a new-born lamb.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233928590_citizen kane clapping.gif

Valethar
01-28-2014, 02:01 AM
The chat system on PTS is a joke. The chat in games like Shadowbane was far better, and that was over 10 years ago.

KasperSheitup
01-28-2014, 03:31 AM
Oh no. This does not bode well.

duction
01-28-2014, 03:32 AM
Just press start and goto social on the ego menu, tab across to chat and press x to get chat history up, you can scroll through all the history and it doesn't auto scroll down when someone talks.

Been in the game since beta

Sobelize
01-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Just press start and goto social on the ego menu, tab across to chat and press x to get chat history up, you can scroll through all the history and it doesn't auto scroll down when someone talks.

Been in the game since beta

That doesn't exactly fix anything. In fact, it sounds like it's been made more complicated.

As far as this "Incursion" stuff goes, it's just Core's and 47th Legion's death marches. Following a path to different emergencies and completing random events. Pure and outright plagiarism.

DSW
01-28-2014, 03:55 AM
That doesn't exactly fix anything. In fact, it sounds like it's been made more complicated.

it's not a fix - it's there right now, and probably been ther since beginning.

Sobelize
01-28-2014, 03:58 AM

Ah, sorry. He was on XBox. Well, PC's chat has been... edited (for lack of a better word).

Valethar
01-28-2014, 04:04 AM
Ah, sorry. He was on XBox. Well, PC's chat has been... edited (for lack of a better word).

Castrated comes to mind.

Sobelize
01-28-2014, 04:11 AM
Castrated comes to mind.

Spayed. Not sure it had any in the first place...

Valethar
01-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Spayed. Not sure it had any in the first place...

Point taken LOL

duction
01-28-2014, 04:14 AM

Yep, that's why I said been in since the beta, the options been in since the beta, at least you understood me :)

Sobelize
01-28-2014, 04:18 AM
Yep, that's why I said been in since the beta, the options been in since the beta, at least you understood me :)

Right, but Umfafa is on PC which got a chat manipulation.

Unless you're being a cheeky monkey right now...

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
As far as this "Incursion" stuff goes, it's just Core's and 47th Legion's death marches. Following a path to different emergencies and completing random events. Pure and outright plagiarism.

Yeah... because you're the only two clans in the history of Defiance that have ever held a death march. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, I sometimes wonder if the devs even realize Death Marches were "invented" because of the game's LACK OF CONTENT...

Sobelize
01-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah... because you're the only two clans in the history of Defiance that have ever held a death march. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I usually think in terms of PC only. Not really used to playing a game that's on every platform at once and chooses to mix the player base into one discussion forum.

Nonetheless, they're taking community created content and passing it off as their own.

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Not really used to playing a game that's on every platform at once and chooses to mix the player base into one discussion forum.

Nonetheless, they're taking community created content and passing it off as their own.

Sounds like a Trion problem... as far as both of these comments. :)

(I completely agree with both, as well.)

Danke
01-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Sorry, I usually think in terms of PC only. Not really used to playing a game that's on every platform at once and chooses to mix the player base into one discussion forum.

They already told us that, basically they liked it and wanted to give us more rewards for doing it. My question though, does each minor emergency give xp upon completion (clan points) or does it act like a major arkfall and only give one final reward?

If you get xp for each emergency you complete then I like this new idea. If not it seems like a waste of time.

crasher
01-28-2014, 03:20 PM
They already told us that, basically they liked it and wanted to give us more rewards for doing it. My question though, does each minor emergency give xp upon completion (clan points) or does it act like a major arkfall and only give one final reward?

If you get xp for each emergency you complete then I like this new idea. If not it seems like a waste of time.

They used to give keys for emergencies.
They pulled that out, too many keys were being doled out.
(Some of us thought that, even though they killed the key fragment scheme, fragments should have been given for emergencies after keys got pulled).

OK, say you get XP for these sequential emergencies.
What happens if you miss the end?
Say you have to go hit a siege, or you time out.
Things happen.

I imagine that whatever we start off with, it'll be pulled back and reduced until it's like the examples above and below.

(Imagine you spend the last 2 minutes batting a Viscera at a siege with a wolverine and BMG, because you're flat out of everything. you get him to 0.6% health when the siege ends.)
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

Not the end of the world, but it's annoying as snot anyway.

Atticus Batman
01-28-2014, 03:44 PM
They used to give keys for emergencies.
They pulled that out, too many keys were being doled out.
(Some of us thought that, even though they killed the key fragment scheme, fragments should have been given for emergencies after keys got pulled).

OK, say you get XP for these sequential emergencies.
What happens if you miss the end?
Say you have to go hit a siege, or you time out.
Things happen.

I imagine that whatever we start off with, it'll be pulled back and reduced until it's like the examples above and below.

(Imagine you spend the last 2 minutes batting a Viscera at a siege with a wolverine and BMG, because you're flat out of everything. you get him to 0.6% health when the siege ends.)
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

Not the end of the world, but it's annoying as snot anyway.

It was kind of dumb, to make us alpha/beta testers get used to key fragments, since they chose to remove them. I actually miss them. If they brought those back, atleast people would have to play more to get their 64 keys for a t4.