PDA

View Full Version : What will Trion will break this time?

DIS
01-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Just like the title says. What do you think Trion will try to fix without telling us and most likely break while they are at it?

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Judging from Arsenic's thread alone, my first guess would be the chat.

D351
01-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Judging from Arsenic's thread alone, my first guess would be the chat.

How much more broken could it get?

DIS
01-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Just wait. You'll see. We have said many times before "well it can only get better, right?" We were wrong, very, very wrong.

Arsenic_Touch
01-28-2014, 08:25 AM

Now chunks of conversations will disappear completely. New messages don't show up while you're typing them, you have to enter a message and then hit enter again for a recent one to show up. It literally is more broken than it was before, plus the quick menu access is ridiculous. Clan messages take forever to show up. I really don't know what they were thinking.

DIS
01-28-2014, 08:29 AM
See? ••••••••••

Storm58
01-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Now chunks of conversations will disappear completely. New messages don't show up while you're typing them, you have to enter a message and then hit enter again for a recent one to show up. It literally is more broken than it was before, plus the quick menu access is ridiculous. Clan messages take forever to show up. I really don't know what they were thinking.

They were thinking, "TROVE." I jest, honestly I don't know what they were thinking, but I'm sure it wasn't, "Let's put out a quality product for our customers."

N3gativeCr33p
01-28-2014, 10:20 AM

^^^ About this much more broken... ^^^

bigguy
01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
i was thinking of asking this same question due to the server maintenance today..... or maybe what weapons were changed

MadMoxxiFavGun
01-28-2014, 11:41 AM
from what i noticed. the clan chat is way messed up

rebtattoo
01-28-2014, 12:33 PM
This goes to the point I was making in a different thread yesterday. They don't listen to their customer base that actually plays the game to determine the best route to go.

The scariest part about the "New and Dysfunctional" chat system is to see and listen to them on the live stream about how abso-****en-lutely fantastic it is.

They introduce aspects that encourage group play and socialization, then strip away the very tool to enable that! ****en brilliant!
How many times can they screw this up before it's the end?

{Try a little reverse psychology here} Trion, don't listen to the masses in their plea for you not to bork the chat system more than you have.

Meh...nevermind

hey u
01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
So how is the chat? Yesterday my friends and I couldn't chat. I Just log in but nobody is on?

crasher
01-28-2014, 12:49 PM
...<snip>...
How many times can they screw this up before it's the end?
...<snip>...
Meh...nevermind

That's a rhetorical question, right?
:rolleyes:

Zack Fair
01-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Now . It literally is more broken than it was before, plus the quick menu access is ridiculous. Clan messages take forever to show up. I really don't know what they were thinking.

Cmon Trion this is just silly now, no sorry, it was silly 10 months ago, now its embarrassing for yourselves. Can you honestly not make a working chat? really? That does not inspire any confidence in anything you do.

rebtattoo
01-28-2014, 12:52 PM
That's a rhetorical question, right?
:rolleyes:But of course.

DIS
01-28-2014, 01:05 PM
So I was re-watching the last live stream and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. When trick is talking about the new swords he says you can see "a really cool picture of a woman in a sedge hat and an Auren outfit from Final Fantasy 10 looking off into the sunset and holding a sword in an incredibly dangerous and foolish way."

So, DLC 3 or 7th Legion is actually just Trion turning Death Marches into a game controlled event (using the mechanics already in place for major arkfalls, so they didn't have to actually write any new code, just had to change the arkfalls to emergencies and use sieges as the final stage) and ripping off costumes from other games? Come the F*** on, seriously?

Arsenic_Touch
01-28-2014, 01:08 PM
So I was re-watching the last live stream and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. When trick is talking about the new swords he says you can see "a really cool picture of a woman in a sedge hat and an Auren outfit from Final Fantasy 10 looking off into the sunset and holding a sword in an incredibly dangerous and foolish way."

So, DLC 3 or 7th Legion is actually just Trion turning Death Marches into a game controlled event (using the mechanics already in place for major arkfalls, so they didn't have to actually write any new code, just had to change the arkfalls to emergencies and use sieges as the final stage) and ripping o\ff costumes from other games? Come the F*** on, seriously?

I think he was trying to be funny, it looks nothing like auron's outfit.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131118183653/finalfantasy/images/f/f3/Auron_Art.png

DIS
01-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Oh, OK. I BING searched the name of the character, I did not however look at the outfits for said character. My bad. So the outfits are not ripped off, I am still not happy about the lazy recycling of the arkfall system using emergencies though.

Tyrannos
01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!