PDA

View Full Version : Was K-TAM relevant a week ago?

Beck
01-29-2014, 02:41 AM
Beck, you know much of the bull**** I have had to deal with here on the forums. Trying to get them to perk up an ear. Trying to explain to them how good this game COULD be!

I did not put up with it, so KTAM could go somewhere else!

The only thing that has been accomplished here is that the community and the game has lost a very important resource. Was that your intention? I KNOW IT WASN'T. So what the hell happened? I only ask because from where I am sitting, it doesn't look good.

I am committed to following the wishes of the community that support us. That community for weeks has been telling me to let Defiance go, it is holding us back and that my own stubborn commitment has kept K-TAM in the game as long as it has. Even before the last interview with Trick and Elizabeth the K-TAM community had been telling me to move on. I alone went against the grain thinking we had a strong community of support here.

I was wrong. Not that there are no supporters of K-TAM here, but that the number is small and we would die just as surely as Defiance if it continues it's downward spiral. Other than Dmentia and the commercials we run there was already virtually no other Defiance content and everything I posted from the combined segments of glossary I received, and I have much much more I didn't share, was the information we should have known by now. For those tuned into Dmentia's show I have been creating a story around this glossary info I shared and based on information hinted at by Tony and Matt, the two people in charge of lore and story design, which we never got, and still have not been given anything definitive by them so I have had to make some guesses. I will write out that story as I had written and had planned at the end of my comments.

The point is this, if Dahanese was serious about supporting the community, and K-TAM and wanted to maintain an honest and positive relationship, and she already broke the rules by disclosing this publicly so the rules should no longer apply for my next comment. I was given a "time out" for having a non-offensive image of Tom Cruise in a Samurai Outfit riding a moose. There was non-offensive text as well that did not imply anything other than the fact that someone named had not been seen posting on the forums anymore and either could have been given a time out or finally got tired and left the forums. Who knows and I was logging in to change it when I discovered my "time out" and could not see why I had received it until Dahanese said something about it.

She has my Skype, e-mail, Mumble Info, forum PM and other means to contact me. She could have left a message with any of the K-TAM Krew if I was not immediately responsive. I would have been happy to take down the image with out any issues HAD SHE ONLY ASKED.

This was an invitation to K-TAM to leave the community and I obliged. I took the bridge and I nuked it leaving nothing to build back on. We will never have an interview from Dahanese again and since she manages all aspects of the staff we wont have anyone else on from Trion either. Scott never honored his commitment to come on either to talk with all of you which is another shock as even Tony was happy to point out he had been a great community supporter in EQ and Scott himself in our Skype conversations talked about his passion for a fun, positive, vibrant community, but it was all talk.

K-TAM was committed to a course of action and I am not proud of it, but it needed to be done. I would like to think in part it has also sparked a lot more dialogue, agree or disagree K-TAM has always been about expressing our thoughts in an open and fair manner. We may not agree, but we will let you tell us why you disagree and we will talk with you about it and we will welcome you back to share your opposition and even invite you to host/co-host a show if you can stand your ground well enough to provide some balance.

My comments going forward, as much as I can, are not going to be as the Director of K-TAM but as a player of Defiance and part of this community. If the community want's K-TAM back they will have to make it known and convince the K-TAM community of it. I have said Defiance is our roots but we need to branch out to survive. I have said that many of the mechanics of the game are very well done. Chat is not a big deal to me as I use VoIP (mumble) as I think many people do on PC and I play with people I know. I do find the game to be repetitious so I don't log in as much as I used to, but the game was never designed to be a game you could lose yourself in for hours and hours at a time unless you have a specific goal.

As a lore junkie the game has completely missed it's mark which is very disappointing.

I do agree with some of you that K-TAM was not being a positive resource for the game which is why we had not been talking about it much on our talk shows. I too felt it was too negative so I tried to keep Defiance out of the topic list for our shows. I asked people to try and find something positive or not be so negative and it has likely lost us listeners and I risked losing Skatch if I pushed him too keep doing Defiance themed shows and he was the biggest Schill for the E-REP anywhere.

Was K-TAM even relevant a week ago to the Defiance community? We don't host tons of Information like Defiance Data, we don't have the ability to be an off site Auction House like Hulker Cafe. We have goofy themed fake commercials for in game items that don't exist. Our value was entertainment and from reading the comments from many of you over various forum topics few if any of you listen anyway. We were not relevant to you or your game experience. So really what's the big deal anyway? If you don't listen, you don't participate and have no real experience with K-TAM, and this goes for any community site, why comment at all? To say you didn't listen so good riddance is just an ignorant comment.

As much as I had fun making Defiance content for those who did listen we have been accepted wholeheartedly by the Pantheon Team. We have a great and growing positive relationship with Star Citizen which has an outstanding community of positivity and gratitude. We have a chance to be relevant again to more people and have already seen an exponential growth in our community since making the move. We are seeing listener numbers we have not seen since after launch here.

Dmentia's Story: If you have missed her shows here is a short version of the story I have been writing for K-TAM.

Dmentia is an ark brain which exists in one of the last remaining intact ark ships that was not destroyed as part of ark fall. Over the course of the 5000 year trip from the Votanis system Dmentia's personality and programing evolved/corrupted. Her mandate to keep the survivors housed in the hyper sleep alive went beyond the original intent. Equipment would break down, ship would experience storms and impacts from space debris which would cause some chambers to malfunction. As part of her programming she did everything she could to keep them alive.

Looking in the archives for solutions she found some Indogene blueprints based on Volge dissections and decided the only option was to create her own Volge type of Hybrids. (not to say that the volge did not follow the Ark Ships out or even get smuggled on but this helps explain the vast numbers of them and how so many could be kept hidden). Over time as more systems began to fail the ark brain decided to just convert everyone on her ark ship into Volge. Hundreds of thousands of Votan were transformed and experimented on to create different types for different tasks all based on different Indogene studies of the Volge.

Upon Arriving at Earth, energy tanks empty, the Ark brains collectively began to fear for their future. A number of Ark Ships shuttled off to Mars after learning of the Humans, following their mandate to not disrupt another civilization and began to terraform there. The rest stayed in orbit, the Votan slowly awakening to meet their new fate. As time Passed and more energy was being used up to keep the Massive Ark Ships operating their stasis chambers for years longer than expected the Ark brains of the various ships would communicate to each other to find some solutions. Many had evolved beyond their initial A.I. programming where some were still no more than standard flight operational systems.

It was decided that something needed to be done. The Earth did not have the resources to power the Ark Ships and time was running out as the stasis chambers were still housing tens of millions of Votan. The Ark Ships did not have control over the launching mechanisms but could re-program the terraformers. With events on Earth escalating with the odds of enough energy being found to power the ships Dmentia decided something needed to be done that was drastic. She had rationalized that her mandate to keep Votan alive only applied to her ship. She first used her Volge Hybrids to take what energy they could steal from the other other Ark Ships for her self and those Ark brains that were not firmly allied to her she sent a trojan virus that infected all the other ark ships and colonizers.

Things were looking pretty bad on Earth with the Pale Wars and it was just the right distraction. Dmentia activated the self destruct which caused Ark Fall.

Fast forward to modern time (2047) Dmentia and a few other Ark Ships still orbit the Earth. Her plan to trigger the Ark Fall worked, unable to launch terraformers herself she knew they would auto active in atmospheric entry and though most were destroyed enough made it down to follow their programming, create gulanite and a lot of it. Having succeeded and working out how to control and create scrapper type machines with very basic instructions she was surprised to find out a human had taken some ark tech and created a replacement limb which used some of the neuro-circuitry and over time was able to implant the strong suggestion that mining gulanite was a great means to prosperity. Combined with a few charismatic people the movement was begun and as people lost limbs they were replaced with Votan tech from ark falls. The veritable army of miners was created who stockpiled gulanite as Dmentia wanted to power her ship.

However there was a hitch in this plan. She could send the signals down to the miners and tell them to mine, but she did not know where they were stashing all the gulanite. Dmentia sent down her Volge to look for the stashed resource. The first few Volge deployments harassed transports of Soleptor haulers from Varus's mines. Soon though the Volge honed in on several locations which Dmentia felt the hoards of gulanite stores were kept and laid siege to them.

But how did Dmentia get into K-TAM? Being a computer of sorts herself when Beck started fixing up the station with V-tech something similar happened with the miners. A small fraction of Dmentias programming was able to connect with the station. Over time a portion of her consciousness was copied to the station, but it wasn't complete and the station did not have the power to host the programing in its entirety which is why she is all talk and no much action and some what disjointed. Where the Scrappers and 99'ers could not return a signal back, the station had the power to do so and so the Ark brain Dmentia was able to get low grade snipets of what was going on at K-TAM and got curious and over time was able to better communicate with the A.I. Copy at the station, she got a different perspective on Humans and Votan which only fueled her dislike.

Not limited to just K-TAM Dmentia was also able to infiltrate the Votanis collective and E-Rep computers, to name a few of the systems she was hacking into, and was learning to play the sides against each other, to keep everyone from noticing what she was doing with false reports and information. She also uncovered a plan by Hammerhead Gretch to assassinate President Marshal and frame the V.C. in an attempt to start the second Pale Wars in an attempt to wipe out the rest of the votan from the planet.

K-TAM Story: In our story where Beck was captured by Skatch for the E-Rep we were going to tie in the following.

Beck being interrogated by Mr. K. to try and find out about Dmentia was going to be saved by Skatch and Savant. The E-Rep having discovered that a similar data stream to the radio was also present in their computer systems and thinking it that Dmentia was a creation of Beck as a form of Spying or espionage for the V.C. They think Beck is an advanced indo-clone and have killed and revived him several times. Beck is 100% human and innocent (as always).

In the rescue attempt Skatch betrays Savant but still manages to get Beck out of the Reno Facility (which doesn't officially exist but Tony said we could make it up since Vegas would be too hard to create ourselves). Savant get's put in the chair and Mr. K. starts to interrogate Savant. But we find out that Mr. K. is In fact Weston Marx of the frontier truth and though nerve induction (torture and pain) implanting information into Savant, though he doesn't know it, about the Assassination plot and other designs of the E-REP and their real motives for the bay area. Savant is "killed" and left in a mass grave where he wakes up and heads back to K-TAM under a post hypnotic suggestion. The information in his system making him a little strange/crazy as bits and pieces of it bleed out into his consciousness.

Skatch meanwhile get's Beck back to K-TAM where he tries to ply information about Dmentia out of Beck. Having decided that the Reno facility was not working they though the "best friend/confidant" trick might work. Beck is in no shape to resist and Skatch not getting the information he is expected to get begins to panic as the E-REP has made it clear failure is not an option. Eventually he decided Beck is telling the truth and after making one last plea to his superiors he takes Beck to Grant. About this time Savant is picked up by one of Grants patrols and the 4 of them Grant, Beck, Savant and Skatch are all in the same room. Grant is questioning what is going on when something triggers Savant and he starts talking, the information unlocked he is over whelmed. Grant picks up on some of the language and codes and tries to make sense of it all.

Having heard Skatches version of things and Savant slowly making sense, Beck is in no condition to do anything as they realize his Ego Implant is off and not helping repair him Grant puts a few clues together and decided to trust the 3 amigo's. Erin and Rosa are asked to reactivate Beck's Ego after which the Ego is able to take all of Savants info and inform Grant of Hammerhead Gretche's plan to assassinate president Marshal and frame the Votan. (I wanted there to be two sources available for this plot line so we could include some community votes and get our listeners involved.) Grant is disgusted and renounces his allegiance to E-Rep privately. he agrees to play the part of "good soldier" as long as he can and trusts his men will follow him regardless.

At this point we had a couple of divergent points to go with depending on the TV show and the expected content. Dmentia was going to start shipping gulanite up to her ship to replenish her reserves and our trio or more could have gone up to space to face her (as was going to be the original end game story where players would get into space, fight on ships (warframe style) and eventually face the Ark brain (Portal ending). Or they could have gone east and tried/succeeded to prevent the assassination.

This was the story I had written for K-TAM in brief. Many more sub plots and dialogue including other characters and relationships. All of this based off the glossary info and the small hints given to us by the lore creators.

I ask you... Does this beat Canadian Samurai?

I hope you enjoyed the long read. I hope this proves to some of you the depth I was willing to go to in bringing a great story to life that would have let you vote on twists and turns, voice characters or just listen and enjoy.

I enjoy writing so you can expect some great stories from K-TAM.

*If for whatever reason one of the mods feels something in this post is worthy of a lock, let me know first and give me a change to make an edit.*

melkathi
01-29-2014, 02:58 AM
I didn't listen to K-TAM. I don't really listen to radio at all, so I never was the intended target group. But it is always a shame when a game loses part of the community resources the fanbase had created. Especially an online game is made better for every resources the fans create, even though none of them will be relevant to all of them. Online games aim to be more than a play-through-once-and-forget experience. Radio channels, podcasts, fan-forums, character databases, chat rooms etc. they all add to a vibrant community to make players be part of something bigger. Every bit that is lost makes the something bigger somewhat smaller.
So saying "good riddance" seems a silly, ignorant and counter-productive thing to do.

GeneCo
01-29-2014, 03:12 AM
Don't let these people that are trying to make K-TAM feel bad about saving yourselves from a sinking ship tether you emotionally to a game that you do not want to support by doing a show about it anymore. Why should you support a game that does not support you by being an innovative quality game that you want to talk about? I don't blame K-TAM one bit for moving on. Do something more productive with your time than grabbing a bucket trying to save a sinking ship only for it to go under anyways. It is not K-TAM's responsibility to try and keep the game afloat. It is Trion's, and unfortunately they ran out of buckets already.

Escyos
01-29-2014, 03:20 AM
I think the signature problem was the size of the signature as opposed to its content.

Beck
01-29-2014, 03:26 AM
I think the signature problem was the size of the signature as opposed to its content.

Here is Dahaneses comment about this since you missed it.

Morning, folks.

In the interest of full disclosure: I don't personally ban people. I don't have the full story here, but I do know that Beck's handle had a forum signature that violated rules. I do believe those points gave him a temporary ban - and I do know our PM system when banned needs overhauling, so I'm sorry if that raises frustration with people, but I can tell you that personal attacks, making alts while banned, and leaking info isn't the right way to dispute a ban. You can always Skype me at dahanese if you need to, though.

Until I fully read this thread I'm going to leave it open. I've edited out unreleased info, for obvious reasons, and please don't repost it. I'd like to respect the dev team with that, and the work their doing on the game currently.

You can view the image here. (http://www.ktamradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/riding_a_moose1.jpg) I am not looking to rehash anything. Just in the interest of full disclosure, which I hope will be respected for all parties. I also did Skype her with no response.

Escyos
01-29-2014, 03:29 AM
That still says nothing about the image. Forums have rules on signature size because it slows down the site and massive sigs are just a nuisance to readers.

Beck
01-29-2014, 03:36 AM
That still says nothing about the image. Forums have rules on signature size because it slows down the site and massive sigs are just a nuisance to readers.

Did you look at the image? It's smaller than a lot of other signature images. My signature has a lot of info in it, but it smaller than a lot of other peoples as well. There are no mentions in the CoC for using the space available in a signature. They define the space we get to use. I can do the same on our forums. In this situation, size is not the issue here.

Escyos
01-29-2014, 03:42 AM
Did you look at the image? It's smaller than a lot of other signature images. My signature has a lot of info in it, but it smaller than a lot of other peoples as well. You can't get infracted for using the space available in a signature. They define the space we get to use. I can do the same on our forums. In this situation, size is not the issue here.

Actually I do in fact see that your image may in fact be an example of naming and shaming, which is against the rules. So maybe it was.

Beck
01-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Actually I do in fact see that your image may in fact be an example of naming and shaming, which is against the rules. So maybe it was.

For educational purposes here; correct me if I am wrong but if I say "I make this comment In Memory of Escyos" I have in some way shamed you? I have certainly named you, but I see no shame in making a statement that would honor you.

So by your definition, which is reaching if I might add, that honoring someone is a form of naming and shaming?

Just as a discussion of the rules and trying to find a definition that we can all agree on so we can try and assist each other in not making these kinds of blunders in the future.

melkathi
01-29-2014, 04:14 AM
Not naming and shaming, but if Escyos was banned and you made an "in memory of" signature, you would be discussing moderator action (it's part of what I got a ban for on the old champions online forum ;) )

Beck
01-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Not naming and shaming, but if Escyos was banned and you made an "in memory of" signature, you would be discussing moderator action (it's part of what I got a ban for on the old champions online forum ;) )

That was for what you did. I have no idea if anyone was banned or if they got frustrated and left or went on vacation and hasn't been around for a few days, I am not discussing any kind of moderation of any type. I simply honored a friend in a tongue in cheek way because he lives in Japan and the idea of a Canadian Samurai rubs him like a coconut cup. A simple request would have been enough to have it removed.

Tekrunner
01-29-2014, 04:38 AM
I find it kind of strange that people would criticize you for leaving Defiance. The ban was clearly just a trigger, the general discontent was already there. So why stick to a game community that you feel has no future?

One thing I'd like to say though: of course the Star Citizen community is great and positive. That's because the game isn't out yet, so for now it's just a fantasy in people's head, and can by definition not be frustrating or disappointing yet. Whether the community stays that way depends on what is actually released.

melkathi
01-29-2014, 04:49 AM
That was for what you did.

People are giving ideas of what it could be. Don't like it? Don't post on a public forum. Don't ask questions.
You are the one who was moderated, you are the one who should have gotten a reason with it. So only you can tell us why.

But lets be honest: since when are forum moderators supposed to send you an email or find you on skype before moderation?

Beck
01-29-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm playing the game, having fun with the friends I have made that still play from time to time. I guess in that way I am supporting the community. I will help people where I can, provide an answer to questions, but there are far more qualified people here who do a great job of that. Discontent in a community is something that is created and is given sustenance. If you feed that discontent it will grow. If nothing is done to recognize it, it grows. It is not a figment of imagination and it doesn't just suddenly appear. Some people see it before others, some still have yet to see it. We are all as blind or as accepting as we choose to be.

You would have to ask the K-TAM community why they are discontent. Up to the last I was the only supporter. First and last. I still enjoy the game from time to time. Playing it as we speak. Going through the missions again.

melkathi
01-29-2014, 04:52 AM
One thing I'd like to say though: of course the Star Citizen community is great and positive. That's because the game isn't out yet, so for now it's just a fantasy in people's head, and can by definition not be frustrating or disappointing yet. Whether the community stays that way depends on what is actually released.

Very true.
Discontent in a community can only rear its ugly head when there is something tangible there to cause it.
Same went for Shadowrun Returns which had a friendly, fun community (with a couple of exceptions, as always) until the DRM thing came up.

Star Citizen has the potential of getting really bad, with all the publicity, hype and real cash that is involved.

Atticus Batman
01-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Perhaps it was the "in memory of" part. Some people on this forum may mistake that to mean he is dead. And if he is not then you would be considered as stating rumors as a fact, Witch is against the rules.

Beck
01-29-2014, 05:07 AM
People are giving ideas of what it could be. Don't like it? Don't post on a public forum. Don't ask questions.
You are the one who was moderated, you are the one who should have gotten a reason with it. So only you can tell us why.

But lets be honest: since when are forum moderators supposed to send you an email or find you on skype before moderation?

The reason was stated by Dahanese. She also said I can contact her on skype. It goes both ways. I am not saying anyone deserves special treatment. The part of being a CM is communication. Her title even includes Communication as part of it. They have admitted that their PM system is broken when it comes to notifications relating to moderation.

You are making a lot of points that have been clearly explained. Most if not all of which in this thread in one form of another. You are all trying to get this thread moderated because you are all focused on only a small aspect of the entire post or feel you have some kind of vendetta against K-TAM.

My OP contains 2985 words, 5 pages of text and so far all of you are stuck on only about 100 or so of those words.

What does that say about your motives? You are all being equally negative if not more so by beating this topic at this point. The facts are available. Enjoy the story. I posted it to show you what we wanted to do, that we were not negative or against the game, there is real content there and in my opinion a much more plausible story line than Canadian Samurai that fits both as a Volge origin story for the Bay but also some potential end game story.

Beck
01-29-2014, 05:14 AM
Perhaps it was the "in memory of" part. Some people on this forum may mistake that to mean he is dead. And if he is not then you would be considered as stating rumors as a fact, Witch is against the rules.

That would be their mistake and assumption. Not mine. Different regions of the world different uses and meaning of words. No violation of the rules in either example. Now you are trying to argue semantics. I listed 3 possible reasons for why someone might be absent from the forums. Which one you choose to believe doesn't make it necessarily true.

Atticus Batman
01-29-2014, 05:18 AM
The reason was stated by Dahanese. She also said I can contact her on skype. It goes both ways. I am not saying anyone deserves special treatment. The part of being a CM is communication. Her title even includes Communication as part of it. They have admitted that their PM system is broken when it comes to notifications relating to moderation.

You are making a lot of points that have been clearly explained. Most if not all of which in this thread in one form of another. You are all trying to get this thread moderated because you are all focused on only a small aspect of the entire post or feel you have some kind of vendetta against K-TAM.

My OP contains 2985 words, 5 pages of text and so far all of you are stuck on only about 100 or so of those words.

What does that say about your motives? You are all being equally negative if not more so by beating this topic at this point. The facts are available. Enjoy the story. I posted it to show you what we wanted to do, that we were not negative or against the game, there is real content there and in my opinion a much more plausible story line than Canadian Samurai that fits both as a Volge origin story for the Bay but also some potential end game story.

I agree your story is interesting but may not be where they want to go. But it also makes sense that the main storyline may be done as part of season 2, or may be part of a free patch added later, so EVERYONE can continue playing the game's main plotline. The paid Dlc storyline is an add-on to the main story as backfilling. The main plot is there to keep everyone interested in seeing the base game through, so it is possible that it will be added on for free later. I know it seems VERY unlikely but it's still possible until it actually happens one way or another.

As for K-tam's relevence. I can't really say, because I am on 360 so I don't listen to it, but I did find posts by Skatch, you and other K-tam crew interesting to read at times.

Bakku
01-29-2014, 05:21 AM
K-TAM was never relevant to me-... Okay, maybe for a few hours before I realized how unnecessarily vulgar the commercials were and how furious someone was getting over how other people parent their children, but you SERIOUSLY, VASTLY over-estimate your worth and impact. You were one fan-site, albeit with a radio and something of a following, but you weren't some kind of demigod as you seem to believe, entitled to Trion and it's Community Managers' constant love and attention.

You may think that my opinion is thus invalid, but it's not, because my opinions (expressed also in a previous thread) were that you were being a drama queen and flailing around having a tantrum like a little kid who got put in time out. You're STILL calling out Dahanese even though she said she ISN'T THE ONE WHO BANNED YOU... I don't know why you can't understand, or why you've reacted the way you have, trying to incriminate her with "evidence" like that spot-on blog she wrote... Honestly I don't know why you're not perma-banned, when I see crazy like this in the communities I've managed I go full on "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!" and kick that **** to the curb. You are LUCKY that you were even able to post this massive wall of text.

You're so proud of this story you've written, yet you're taking control of an ARK BRAIN, creating VOLGE out of VOTANS (we know next to nothing about the Volge, just because humans and irathients may be able to breed doesn't mean you can fuse Volge and Votan DNA for your own personal story). If you really want to know whether I'd like your over-reaching fanon over "Canadian Samurais", I'll take the Samurais. You're literally trying to change lore with this Dmentia story, you can't honestly believe that Trion would ever take that 100% seriously. And let me get this straight-... This ark brain, she is responsible for the 99ers, the scrappers and these Volge-ified votans?

And again, I'm not criticizing you for leaving the game. You know why I've criticized you, and that isn't it, it's the things you've done and said recently, it's pulling out of a contest you hosted, it's blaming said action on someone who didn't DO anything to you, it's continuously badmouthing said person despite quoting the very post where she said "I DID NOT BAN YOU"...

Atticus Batman
01-29-2014, 05:21 AM
That would be their mistake and assumption. Not mine. Different regions of the world different uses and meaning of words. No violation of the rules in either example. Now you are trying to argue semantics. I listed 3 possible reasons for why someone might be absent from the forums. Which one you choose to believe doesn't make it necessarily true.

Perhaps but you know how this forum works. Heck a former Trion employee jokingly called the Raptor the truck of doomed compensation and all anybody focused on was the Truck of DOOM part, not seeing it as the dumb joke it was meant as.

Beck
01-29-2014, 05:55 AM
K-TAM was never relevant to me-... Okay, maybe for a few hours before I realized how unnecessarily vulgar the commercials were and how furious someone was getting over how other people parent their children, but you SERIOUSLY, VASTLY over-estimate your worth and impact. You were one fan-site, albeit with a radio and something of a following, but you weren't some kind of demigod as you seem to believe, entitled to Trion and it's Community Managers' constant love and attention.

You may think that my opinion is thus invalid, but it's not, because my opinions (expressed also in a previous thread) were that you were being a drama queen and flailing around having a tantrum like a little kid who got put in time out. You're STILL calling out Dahanese even though she said she ISN'T THE ONE WHO BANNED YOU... I don't know why you can't understand, or why you've reacted the way you have, trying to incriminate her with "evidence" like that spot-on blog she wrote... Honestly I don't know why you're not perma-banned, when I see crazy like this in the communities I've managed I go full on "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!" and kick that **** to the curb. You are LUCKY that you were even able to post this massive wall of text.

You're so proud of this story you've written, yet you're taking control of an ARK BRAIN, creating VOLGE out of VOTANS (we know next to nothing about the Volge, just because humans and irathients may be able to breed doesn't mean you can fuse Volge and Votan DNA for your own personal story). If you really want to know whether I'd like your over-reaching fanon over "Canadian Samurais", I'll take the Samurais. You're literally trying to change lore with this Dmentia story, you can't honestly believe that Trion would ever take that 100% seriously. And let me get this straight-... This ark brain, she is responsible for the 99ers, the scrappers and these Volge-ified votans?

And again, I'm not criticizing you for leaving the game. You know why I've criticized you, and that isn't it, it's the things you've done and said recently, it's pulling out of a contest you hosted, it's blaming said action on someone who didn't DO anything to you, it's continuously badmouthing said person despite quoting the very post where she said "I DID NOT BAN YOU"...

It's a bit of fan fiction. I never said it was THE Defiance story and yes I am proud of it, it took me weeks to figure out plots and sub plots and this is just the dirty over view and doesn't have a lot of the finesse a fully voiced and produced product would have. Let's put this into context as well. You pride yourself as being someone who enjoys fan fiction yourself. You are equally biased to your own form of writing so lets be honest shall we? It is just where we were looking at taking things in the absence of other content that we all would have liked to have had.

Who is taking control of an Ark Brain? It is it's own thing. Self aware and all that. It is the antagonist. The "heros" are the K-TAM Krew, since we are the ones who would be voicing all the main parts, who have their trial and tribulations to over come. It is their quest that involves struggles, challenges, self discovery and other elements that make for a great story. The plot lines are reasonable with in the lore and fills in gaps in the game story that we are not likely to get. If they happened to reveal additional info prior to us recording we would have changed it to fit. Also a lot of the story was going to involve the community voting on possible outcomes. People like yourself would have had the chance to help direct the plot and make it interactive with the community.

This is just what I had in mind to show people like you that we had more in mind than goofy commercials. None of which have swearing so your definition of vulgar is different from mine. Some of our songs have swearing. I never over estimate our worth and value. I have a pretty clear idea of what we bring to the table. We bring an open format to discussing the games with devs directly, not behind scripted 10 questions or forums where someone can think and copy/paste answers. You get that instant impression when you are live with a dev. You also get reminded that they are human like the rest of us. Not that it excuses everything they do, but sometimes people post like they are robots and should be coding 24/7 to fix bugs.

You do realize we are here for entertainment? We never promised to be everything to everyone. We play a pretty narrowly defined set of music with a few exceptions. If you are into Hip Hop we are not your station for example. I have not left the game. K-TAM is simply not producing any more content for Defiance and we have taken the Defiance content out of rotation (those vulgar ads you don't like).

Volge - What do we know about them? They are a mix of Cybernetics and Organic Matter. We think they were created by some other race that is not Votan and they invaded an outer planet/system of the Votanis System. We know they have insect like armor and bug like features, though that is not confirmed. We know the Indogene can do a lot with gene manipulation and organic science. It is possible that the Indogene could produce a Volge with this information. What is stopping an Ark Brain which has access to all the same equipment, resources and knowledge?

99'ers - We know that those with the implants go crazy and become obsessed with "prosperity in '99" we know they started doing this after the terraforming. We know the scrappers are controlled by some influence in orbit (see the VBI info video) which would lead me to believe an Ark Brain. It is not that much of a conclusion that someone grafts a scrapper part on to themselves as a replacement limb and that same influence from space wouldn't continue to have an impact.

No where do I merge any DNA of any species. I don't discount that real Volge may also be either in pursuit of the Ark Ships or smuggled on board an Ark Ship as suggested in the lore. I am creating a viable plot mechanic to tell a story.

As for the contest read the contest rules. The rest is just bait and I am not biting.

squidgod2000
01-29-2014, 06:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3d8Vjkk.jpg

N3gativeCr33p
01-29-2014, 06:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... that's a good one! ^^^

(Thanks, I needed the laugh... just had to submit a second bug report for the same issue in the "360 Bug Reporting" section of the forums.)

Zugo
01-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Q: Why do people think they are in some way above the code of conduct of these forums?

Q: If you did something against the law on your way to work this morning and were cited for it would you get on a soapbox outside your local courthouse and preach your story of mistreatment?

Q: Why do you view your punishment as such an insult, and why should you be on a pedestal above the rest of us when it comes to violations?

I'm sorry... well maybe not so sorry, but I'm tired of spoiled brats who think they are above the law. Guess what, even law enforcement officers get penalized when they break the rules. Deal

melkathi
01-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Well, this thread had its good side:
First it reminded me to listen to the Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way

Now I'm listening to KC & The Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go

;)

I have also considered adding No Mercy - Where Do You Go to the playlist, but so far the OP "Never Can Say Goodbye" (again the Communards)

squidgod2000
01-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Q: Why do people think they are in some way above the code of conduct of these forums?

Q: If you did something against the law on your way to work this morning and were cited for it would you get on a soapbox outside your local courthouse and preach your story of mistreatment?

Q: Why do you view your punishment as such an insult, and why should you be on a pedestal above the rest of us when it comes to violations?

I'm sorry... well maybe not so sorry, but I'm tired of spoiled brats who think they are above the law. Guess what, even law enforcement officers get penalized when they break the rules. Deal

Honestly it's starting to feel like the issue isn't that he got a temp ban from the forums, it's that (he thinks) a woman did it. Just more unexplainable dahanese hate.

Manstan
01-29-2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wbfuBgbTE

Storm58
01-29-2014, 08:38 AM

Allow me to reply, but only because I am bored at work and I wanna talk too! :)

1) Perhaps it is not that people think they are above the CoC (of course some people do, but that goes into daddy issues and such), but perhaps that they *see* others get away with bending or breaking the CoC and when they try, they get into trouble and do something to show how it shouldn't be them. <--- In that defense, which is lame, there ARE a ton of people that constantly break the CoC and don't *appear* to be reprimanded for it.

2) Depends on what it is. Yes, people do do this. If they didn't, we wouldn't have alcohol legal again, pot wouldn't be legal in Washington and Colorado, speed traps would still exist in certain towns/cities/states, etc. So, yeah, people do.

3) Not sure about the first part, no comment on that. But the pedestal part, well, it's because he bought a bigger one than most of us. :)

Tyrannos
01-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Greetings!

This thread has been closed for Discussion of Moderation/Disciplinary Actions. It's also quickly degenerating into a thread that would get closed regardless of OP content.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!