PDA

View Full Version : Male characters vs female characters

Escyos
01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I have noticed that with my male character after being a part of a co-op map or PVP or even just helping out on an emergency I sometimes find that the person in my team or who I helped will add me as a friend. Fair enough, I accept randoms, having friends could help at some point.

But my female character, yes she is an attractive Castithan woman, but I get random people adding me most of the time, even if I just stop at a vendor to sell some junk. Do people assume that a female character means a female player, because I do feel weirded out a bit.

Or are people just adding anyone in the hopes that such people will join them in co-op and PVP and thus make it happen faster?

rebtattoo
01-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Testosterone. A few clan mates and I use female characters and encounter this schtako all the time.

Valethar
01-29-2014, 06:56 PM
They're mostly MMO Virgins who don't know that 'GIRL' means 'Guy In Real Life'. Quite a few people used to use this to their advantage in games like WoW, etc.. because of the ridiculous number of shills, er, unsuspecting victims, er, I mean.. Oh hell, call a spade a spade, there were a lot of noobs and naive people out there that were perfectly willing to give you free stuff just because they thought you were a girl.

It's funny how often my female character in Defiance gets spammed with clan invites, etc... when I'm near a busy hub like Iron Demon, yet the male character is apparently invisible.

Treasurekins
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Consider yourself lucky. I am a female with a female character and I am constantly having male characters trying to look up her shorts or humping her and then they have the nerve to send out a friend invite - not happening fellas.

maverick07
01-29-2014, 08:07 PM
I actually haven't had this happen too often to me. I'm a dude, all three of my characters are female, and I rarely get the humping or random messages.

Granted, I have my privacy settings back on, mostly because of other games I have played (and still getting the random invites from them :confused:). But I played for quite a while on Defiance without the privacy settings on. It happened once in a while to me but not as often as for some it would seem. There was this one guy though, that always used to send his email in a message, now that wasn't weird lol.

Jet1337
01-29-2014, 08:10 PM
They should add bulges on the crotches of all female characters. That'll shut 'em up...or turn them gay.

Valethar
01-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Consider yourself lucky. I am a female with a female character and I am constantly having male characters trying to look up her shorts or humping her and then they have the nerve to send out a friend invite - not happening fellas.

I've had that happen to me too. A couple of times some moron made that mistake with one of my daughters on one of the WoW PvP servers. Both of us, plus a few guildmates, hunted and killed him for more than an hour until he finally gave up and logged off. A pissed off shadow priest with an affliction warlock in tow can make your day go bad rather quickly. LOL

Defenze
01-30-2014, 12:54 AM

So sorry that this kind of thing happens. Unfortunately, when in these type of settings where adolescent boys are given the ability to be annonymous around a female, yes even a toon female, they show their true colours as it were. In no way am I condoning this kind of behavior, but this game has always had an "adult" rating on it. In this case "boys will be boys" and if a chick wearing short shorts is standing 2 feet in front of them they will find a way to indulge their fantasies. Sad but true. God only knows how many of the "boys" are actually grown adult men doing this kind of stuff. That's numbers I am not interesting in knowing personally. Just remember it is a game and try to have fun. To any of my fellow male gamers......have a little discipline and class and leave the chicks alone for God's sake. Just play the freakin game already.

Sonic7870
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM

I do feel sorry for you in terms of what you've been through what guys tend to not understand that just because they are behind a tv/computer screen they can get away with doing these types of incidents if it does continue or it makes you feel uncomfortable do make a note of the player id not their character name and report them but make sure to give full details of the event

Tsort
01-30-2014, 10:09 AM
(@Defenze) Sorry but reading this and seeing your avatar picture made me laugh.

finnegan820
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
When playing and encountering these shims, i ask why the female character. They respond with, "id rather look at a chicks butt when playing' Thats truly a front for " i wear womans clothes cause i have issues in real life". Its really called catfishing. In the past it was a way for perverts to bait and befriend child players. It is what it is. Creepy!

Evil Wall
01-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Why would you even ask such an idiotic question?

Probably because men are attracted to females (suprise!) and think there is a chance your a chick...

I would expect this to be asked from a 8 year old boy.

DarkGin87
01-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Simple lead them on get all the help you need oranges, script then announce your a guy

N3gativeCr33p
01-30-2014, 01:11 PM
This is an unfortunate thing that happens far too often in today's era of gaming. Makes me glad I'm too old to be caught up in any of that kind of shtako.

Yay! Old age! ;)

Smitch
01-30-2014, 01:49 PM
This is an unfortunate thing that happens far too often in today's era of gaming. Makes me glad I'm too old to be caught up in any of that kind of shtako.

Yay! Old age! ;)

If you want, you can count your age in the Irathient system. In which I am approaching 20. ^.^

But in all seriousness, I've been young, I'm male, and I remember what it was like to be behind the screen of a computer...At no point did I find the need to treat girls (or anyone who appeared to be a girl) to any sort of weird stalker harassment. And the *cough* excuse of "Boys will be boys" is counts for *ZERO* in lack of self control & respect for others. Seriously, I do sometimes wonder how some people manage to walk past trees without climbing them, leaping from branch to branch screaming, and flinging skragi at random...

Bonehead
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
In dog years, I'm long dead.

Slayer Slayn
01-31-2014, 07:35 PM
weren't the female characters Not affected by knockback and the like a while back? if so did they ever fix it?

Synther
01-31-2014, 07:58 PM
When playing and encountering these shims, i ask why the female character. They respond with, "id rather look at a chicks butt when playing' Thats truly a front for " i wear womans clothes cause i have issues in real life". Its really called catfishing. In the past it was a way for perverts to bait and befriend child players. It is what it is. Creepy!

So....because you would rather look at a girls butt running around and shooting things that makes you a cross dressing pedofile?

I think you're stretching farther than someone claiming Christians are persecuted in today's society.

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM

Project much?

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 08:25 PM
All I'm sayin' is Imma watch Reservoir Dogs for the eleventeenth time instead of playing Defiance tonite.

That's kinda sayin' somethin'....without really trying to say it.

Know what I'm sayin'?

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 08:29 PM
All I'm sayin' is Imma watch Reservoir Dogs for the eleventeenth time instead of playing Defiance tonite.

That's kinda sayin' somethin'....without really trying to say it.

Know what I'm sayin'?

Yea, Reservoir Dogs is a great ****in movie.
I've been watching Wanted Dead or Alive myself. Saw Dyan Cannon when she was about 19 years old!

Erei
01-31-2014, 08:36 PM
So sorry that this kind of thing happens. Unfortunately, when in these type of settings where adolescent boys are given the ability to be annonymous around a female, yes even a toon female, they show their true colours as it were. In no way am I condoning this kind of behavior, but this game has always had an "adult" rating on it. In this case "boys will be boys" and if a chick wearing short shorts is standing 2 feet in front of them they will find a way to indulge their fantasies. Sad but true. God only knows how many of the "boys" are actually grown adult men doing this kind of stuff. That's numbers I am not interesting in knowing personally. Just remember it is a game and try to have fun. To any of my fellow male gamers......have a little discipline and class and leave the chicks alone for God's sake. Just play the freakin game already.
*See avatar*
*see post*
*scratch head*

As for the topic, welcome in the internet, where anonymity let everyone say what they really think. And yes, it's scary. But remember, less than 2% of our DNA is different from a monkey. Which is frankly insulting for monkeys sometime.

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 08:38 PM
Yea, Reservoir Dogs is a great ****in movie.
I've been watching Wanted Dead or Alive myself. Saw Dyan Cannon when she was about 19 years old!

I don't know who that is. Does she have bewbs?

If so, awesome!

:D

Bakku
01-31-2014, 09:24 PM
The internet / MMOs can be pretty awful. I played a female troll in WoW for like-... a couple months maybe? I just wanted to try the race/class combo, but I couldn't stand the hunched over male trolls. Anyway, I got a message from someone saying they wanted to do something very gross, horrible and illegal to my character and I was just-... in shock. It's saddening to think that females have to deal with this crap regularly.

Not to mention, the majority of the gay guys I know play female characters almost exclusively in MMOs. It makes no sense to me at all, but they prefer to play females, so just-... Yeah, if you're a straight guy hitting on a female avatar, realize that there's a good chance that it's a guy, straight or gay, on the other end. Not saying girls don't play MMOs, but "flirting" or treating female characters differently with the hope of I don't even know what is completely ridiculous. I actually know a good handful of females who play male characters just to avoid this crap.

Admittedly, I gravitate toward females when it comes to friends, but having pixel (or real) boobs isn't going to be what forms my opinion of you. IRL my main group of friends is all female (besides me). In roleplaying (which can sometimes translate into gameplay / who I play with) I feel more comfortable expressing my characters with female ones. That leads to me building more / stronger relationships with people playing said female characters, but since there's no "sexual agenda" there I could care less who is writing the female (though I've found that straight males playing females will avoid my gay characters, understandably). In Rift, my kelari dock-rat met a drowsy-eyed bahmi woman who delivered packages, he hooked her up with something to keep her awake for long journeys and they ended up high on the docks, watching the fish swim by and talking about life, the player became a pretty good friend of mine, but I didn't find out she was actually a female, married and a mom, until a few weeks of RP had passed and it didn't affect how I viewed her or her character.

Then again, and at the risk of being completely flip-floppy, I know of THREE relationships that formed in a WoW guild of mine, which somehow became serious enough that people (in each case) moved across the country (one across the world, from Australia I think) to live together / get married... So-... I don't know... People just need to manage their expectations about who they're playing with and act accordingly. This female character you're staring at with googly eyes could be a) A 50 year old man. b) A 13 year old. c) A female who doesn't appreciate being told that her character's *** is "hella fine".

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 09:40 PM
If you're a straight guy hitting on a female avatar, games are the least of your troubles.

Holy Bahamut3
01-31-2014, 10:16 PM
This explains why there has been a recent increase in random friend invites since I started playing as Aerith. I usually only create a toon after I have a good back story for them.

Manstan
01-31-2014, 10:21 PM
If you're a straight guy hitting on a female avatar, games are the least of your troubles.

Damn straight.

Sorry, not sleeping and bored, bad combo for me lol

I have noticed that with my male character after being a part of a co-op map or PVP or even just helping out on an emergency I sometimes find that the person in my team or who I helped will add me as a friend. Fair enough, I accept randoms, having friends could help at some point.

But my female character, yes she is an attractive Castithan woman, but I get random people adding me most of the time, even if I just stop at a vendor to sell some junk. Do people assume that a female character means a female player, because I do feel weirded out a bit.

Or are people just adding anyone in the hopes that such people will join them in co-op and PVP and thus make it happen faster?

Never happened to me, but I don't stick around anywhere long. And never notice the chat most of the time.

I actually haven't had this happen too often to me. I'm a dude, all three of my characters are female, and I rarely get the humping or random messages.

Granted, I have my privacy settings back on, mostly because of other games I have played (and still getting the random invites from them :confused:). But I played for quite a while on Defiance without the privacy settings on. It happened once in a while to me but not as often as for some it would seem. There was this one guy though, that always used to send his email in a message, now that wasn't weird lol.

Does it kinda make you feel like your character is fat and ugly?

I'm guessing bicurious. Or at least a best selling chase study for some psychologist.

Me? I'm a sexiest pig. Running a female character is the only time I can tell a women what to do and they do it.
In LOTRO I have 9 characters. My main is a male Hunter, the rest are female, they support my hunter. But they are so demanding, this one wants precious metals and jewels to make jewelry, and that one wants better metal to make armor, and another wants wood to make bows and spears, the nagging just never stops. ;)

Maixx
01-31-2014, 10:35 PM
These gender threads are pretty lame.

Something not discussed is the game mechanics between the 2.
My female chr regularly did 20-30% more damage against the warmaster,
Same weapons and loadout as my 5k male.

Not going into why, not interested in seeing it fixed.

WhiteF8ng
01-31-2014, 11:06 PM

Heh, We'll just say they have super powers.

Jet1337
01-31-2014, 11:24 PM
After thinking some more, I came to a conclusion that makes sense. The reason why they play as females is because that's as close to a woman as they'll ever get in their lives!

maverick07
01-31-2014, 11:37 PM

Yeah haha it actually has been mentioned a bit in the past on here. But I don't see much happening with it anyway as it's related to something else they said they aren't fixing.

N3gativeCr33p
02-01-2014, 05:58 AM

Sounds like fun. I chose going to bed early on a Friday night just to wake up early Saturday morning to watch it snow. Mission accomplished!

internaut
02-01-2014, 06:23 AM
I wake up the next day to inspect the latest female char with low EGO, hmmmmm, watch out mum, gran...

JEMINAI
02-01-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't think prettiness applies in defiance for friend requests.
there is a pursuit to have enough friends online so you will get a request at some stage consider also that most of the time we all look like "Steve" to each other.
most of the female models are far "better looking" than the males anyway...
just try and make a male casti that doesn't look like a creepy uncle.

Manstan
02-01-2014, 07:15 AM
After thinking some more, I came to a conclusion that makes sense. The reason why they play as females is because that's as close to a woman as they'll ever get in their lives!

Sounds like some one is insecure in their sexual orientation.
More over my X would argue with that explanation. ;)

Clarity Page
02-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I got asked to send a “Moan Message” once (classy) which I responded with a sharp message basically calling them a perv, I didn’t block them until a couple of days afterwards just to see if they had the nerve to reply, they didn’t.

I’ve had people try to hit on me in xbox live messages before as well, guys would call me a wh*re if I was hitting on every guy I meet online, but its perfectly acceptable for them to do it?

I don’t know any gay gamers (or at least none that have come out to me) but I do know a few transgender gamers and they have said that they almost always played as there “inner gender” as opposed to their genetic/birth gender even before they realised for certain that they were trans,

Just saying that a small percentage of these guys playing may be discovering or experimenting with their true gender,
for the rest that thing about preferring to stare at a women's behind instead of some meat head guys behind is probably true.

cinnder
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
My boyfriend has 3 female characters, 2 redheads and a blonde. One of his characters started out being a guy. The guy didn't get nearly as many invites as the female characters. He has mentioned on more than one occasion that the blonde gets more invites and gets revived when she is down alot more than the redheads do. I am a redhead as well and I don't find that to be a problem.

Manstan
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Just saying that a small percentage of these guys playing may be discovering or experimenting with their true gender,

That is an argument for a different forum. I am a bit of a Neanderthal when it comes to some subjects.

Clarity Page
02-01-2014, 10:22 AM
That is an argument for a different forum. I am a bit of a Neanderthal when it comes to some subjects.

yea it probably is i was extending on what some one said about people useing there avatar to experiment with sexuality

Tekrunner
02-01-2014, 10:49 AM
I almost always play male characters because I have some trouble identifying with a female char. But in Defiance I switched to female a couple months back, because they have some gameplay advantages that I don't think are going away any time soon. I may have started getting a few more random friend invites, but it's not a very noticeable difference. Then again I play on PC, where people tend to be slightly more mature.

I've met my wife while playing online games. The trick to establishing online long-term relationships is this: there is no trick, they aren't any different than real-life relationships. Well actually, there is one fairly significant difference: with physical looks out of the way, personality is an even more important factor. So if you act like a **** you're likely to not get anywhere.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 10:50 AM
What I find hilarious is when I join a group with someone for trade purposes and they hear my voice. They're expecting a female and instead get my deep, graveled, southern accented older male voice. You can actually hear the surprise in their voice! It's priceless!

Amack
02-01-2014, 10:55 AM
What I find hilarious is when I join a group with someone for trade purposes and they hear my voice. They're expecting a female and instead get my deep, graveled, southern accented older male voice. You can actually hear the surprise in their voice! It's priceless!

Reb, do you like it when Scraps rubs up and down your leg?
Err... I think I'm in the wrong thread my bad.
Heck... I think I'm on the wrong forum.

The Lady
02-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Back in the day all characters were males. All we girls could do was give ourselves girlie names and change our suit colors. Guys need to remember we girls play these games because we enjoy killing things.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Reb, do you like it when Scraps rubs up and down your leg?
Err... I think I'm in the wrong thread my bad.
Heck... I think I'm on the wrong forum.I shoot them. I stalk them at arkfalls and sieges. And, when they fall, which is inevitable, I teabag them a few times and walk away.

Clarity Page
02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Back in the day all characters were males. All we girls could do was give ourselves girlie names and change our suit colors. Guys need to remember we girls play these games because we enjoy killing things.

+1 like to that

Amack
02-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Nevermind, there is a much more appropriate thread for this comment.

BJWyler
02-01-2014, 12:32 PM
They're mostly MMO Virgins who don't know that 'GIRL' means 'Guy In Real Life'. Quite a few people used to use this to their advantage in games like WoW, etc.. because of the ridiculous number of shills, er, unsuspecting victims, er, I mean.. Oh hell, call a spade a spade, there were a lot of noobs and naive people out there that were perfectly willing to give you free stuff just because they thought you were a girl.

Damn, why did I never think of that? When I create female toons I do it because that's the character they are (same as when I have female characters in the stories I write as a hobby), but I would be lying if I also didn't say it's to look at the T&A while playing when the wife is not around as well. Never thought to use them to get free stuff!

I don't know why, but I just LOLed at that. Actually, it's probably because that's what happens in real life too - can't count the number of times I saw it when I had a job back in the day at a bar.

Guys need to remember we girls play these games because we enjoy killing things.

Now if a girl used that as a pick up line on me at the bar, she'd definitely be getting free drinks the rest of the night.

In dog years, I'm long dead.

Oh crap, I missed the funeral. You were always one of the good ones, Bone. You are missed.:(

Bakku
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
When I create female toons I do it because that's the character they are (same as when I have female characters in the stories I write as a hobby), but I would be lying if I also didn't say it's to look at the T&A while playing when the wife is not around as well.

As much as it tends to annoy me when people obsess over pixel boobs/butts, I can't pretend there isn't a reason I played Bakku in the shirtless Miner outfit (http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/514422/pics/original/2125800.jpg) for a couple of months. >_> I mean, I think we all know that games aren't "for that", but there's nothing wrong with appreciating, in your case, a nice (even if pixeled) rear / rack, or in my case, some big muscley shoulders / pecs. We're human after all, it's just a matter of how strongly we respond to it, whether we lose common sense and start perving out or acknowledge "I find this attractive. Now I will shoot these hellbugs into oblivion."... I mean this is the internet, obviously if we're "that far gone" there are better places to go than a game.

Treasurekins
02-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Here is the real reason why some men like to play female characters:

Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a v_g_na. Those things take a pounding. (comedian Sheng Wang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8QKGwb3c5I )

In short, this gun shooting, sword wielding, hellbug crushing, and Warmaster conquerer is BADASS! Just saying......

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 05:23 PM

Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a v_g_na. Those things take a pounding. (comedian Sheng Wang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8QKGwb3c5I )

In short, this gun shooting, sword wielding, hellbug crushing, and Warmaster conquerer is BADASS! Just saying......Ed and I were commenting last night in the WM about how nice your tush looked. We both tried getting your attention but you must have been busy inviting. ;)

Synther
02-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Damn, why did I never think of that?

I thought everyone knew that MMORPG stood for Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls.

Treasurekins
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I knew you were, but I was just playing shy.

Danke
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM

In short, this gun shooting, sword wielding, hellbug crushing, and Warmaster conquerer is BADASS! Just saying......
Grow some balls means to take a risk, and this is what balls are,** removed un-needed opinion and subsequent fallout of said opinion.

Comedian standpoint, still funny. But I have my own opinion of what is meant by grow some.
** fixed it for ya

Jet1337
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Sounds like some one is insecure in their sexual orientation.
More over my X would argue with that explanation. ;)

Sorry dude, but I don't like taking it in the *** as much as you. Keep that **** on the DL...

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I knew you were, but I was just playing shy.Oh, you tease. I see what you did there! ;)

Manstan
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Sorry dude, but I don't like taking it in the *** as much as you. Keep that **** on the DL...

Wrong.
Thanks for playing.
Bye bye.

DaveyBoy
02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
This thread make me laugh.

duction
02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
This thread make me cry

Ejamon
02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
It gets worse if you get on voice for any reason, the conversations changes rapidly from gaming to

"How old are you?"

"Where do you live?"

"Do you have pictures on your facebook?"

I stopped playing female characters and started play males, and the problem cleared itself up. Also never got on voice again, and changed clans. The whole "OMG it's a girl! Swarm!" creeps me out like you wouldn't believe. I think it's incredibly funny when guys have this problem because they are playing female characters though. Their attitudes change drastically when a guys voice comes over vent. Then there's a huge silence. Hilarious!

Jet1337
02-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Wrong.
Thanks for playing.
Bye bye.

Awww, did somebody get butthurt and report my post? ;.(...

Bakku
02-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Awww, did somebody get butthurt and report my post? ;.(...

If they didn't I would have. You don't get to say things like that.

Manstan
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM
It gets worse if you get on voice for any reason, the conversations changes rapidly from gaming to

"How old are you?"

"Where do you live?"

"Do you have pictures on your facebook?"

I stopped playing female characters and started play males, and the problem cleared itself up. Also never got on voice again, and changed clans. The whole "OMG it's a girl! Swarm!" creeps me out like you wouldn't believe. I think it's incredibly funny when guys have this problem because they are playing female characters though. Their attitudes change drastically when a guys voice comes over vent. Then there's a huge silence. Hilarious!

I stay off voice chat, not because of this nasally, gravely voice but because my language can be real colorful. There may be a filter between brain and hands but not brain and mouth lol

samuelsinn
02-01-2014, 09:06 PM
iv been gameing ... to long.

my reason for useing a female toon in any MMORPG. is thusly

back in the day it was allways male toons. after the MMO came out and we could all play any gender we wanted i desided that female would be the way to go becuse of 3 basic prinsabuls

1: male players in there own mind beleave you are a female and most of the time will give you good loot in game items and help you around. (( if you can play up the helpless female roll this increases exspanituly and over all u end up with a nice large team of male followers that will be at your beck and call and all u have to do is be there friends. and throw out the trashy pirves trying to get some " toon tail " ))

2: i dont like staring at a guys butt all day while killing stuff. its.. boring. if i wanted to see a males butt. id just go look in a mirror at my own. but on a lighter note. to this one. its not only the butt. the voice acting of most male toons on modern MMOS is just annoying. i hae a strong hate for my own gender becuse i can see how moronic and ignerint alot of males can be and i find my self levatating tords the female perswasion alot more offten,

and finaly.

3: well there is no 3. kind of. i enjoy playing a female for the fact that even if most men wont admit to it. at some point in time. gay. straght. trans gender. or other. all males. have at one point in time be then young or old. asked them self.

" what would it be like to be a women " the answer comes in the form of being one on a game. women get seen more esaly then men do and are helped. and looked out for. given stuff. and talked to. and just over all invited to things that a solo lone male cant get. thay are offered assisdence when in truble. becuse most men. have the " i need to be a hero " syndrom when thay see a female in destress.

on this game alone. i dont know how many times i have had a male come runing up to me when i have fallin in battle at just a road side emergancy and had them puck me up for no reason help me kill the enamy and then try and add me as a friend. just becuse.

and to the girl that said that most games had only male toons. theres a game out on another " pervider " called . scarlet blade. :) all the toons in the game are female. there are no male toons in it. and the game is litterly heavy on T&A o.o dont beleave me. go check it out some time... i was.. desterbed as i played the bata for it... truly.... desterbed...

Seizan
02-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Ontario, Canada...small world lol.

Seizan
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
At first, just looking at the thread title, I thought this was about character hit-box issues...memories from Gears of War forums lol. Wasn't expecting this, to be honest :D

Ironhide
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
iv been gameing ... to long.

my reason for useing a female toon in any MMORPG. is thusly

back in the day it was allways male toons. after the MMO came out and we could all play any gender we wanted i desided that female would be the way to go becuse of 3 basic prinsabuls

1: male players in there own mind beleave you are a female and most of the time will give you good loot in game items and help you around. (( if you can play up the helpless female roll this increases exspanituly and over all u end up with a nice large team of male followers that will be at your beck and call and all u have to do is be there friends. and throw out the trashy pirves trying to get some " toon tail " ))

2: i dont like staring at a guys butt all day while killing stuff. its.. boring. if i wanted to see a males butt. id just go look in a mirror at my own. but on a lighter note. to this one. its not only the butt. the voice acting of most male toons on modern MMOS is just annoying. i hae a strong hate for my own gender becuse i can see how moronic and ignerint alot of males can be and i find my self levatating tords the female perswasion alot more offten,

and finaly.

3: well there is no 3. kind of. i enjoy playing a female for the fact that even if most men wont admit to it. at some point in time. gay. straght. trans gender. or other. all males. have at one point in time be then young or old. asked them self.

" what would it be like to be a women " the answer comes in the form of being one on a game. women get seen more esaly then men do and are helped. and looked out for. given stuff. and talked to. and just over all invited to things that a solo lone male cant get. thay are offered assisdence when in truble. becuse most men. have the " i need to be a hero " syndrom when thay see a female in destress.

on this game alone. i dont know how many times i have had a male come runing up to me when i have fallin in battle at just a road side emergancy and had them puck me up for no reason help me kill the enamy and then try and add me as a friend. just becuse.

and to the girl that said that most games had only male toons. theres a game out on another " pervider " called . scarlet blade. :) all the toons in the game are female. there are no male toons in it. and the game is litterly heavy on T&A o.o dont beleave me. go check it out some time... i was.. desterbed as i played the bata for it... truly.... desterbed...

Fixed it as best I could for you....

I’ve been gaming ... too long.

My reason for using a female toon in any MMORPG is thusly

Back in the day it was always male toons. After the MMO came out and we could all play any gender we wanted I decided that female would be the way to go because of 3 basic things

1: Male players in their own mind believe you are a female and most of the time will give you good loot in game items and help you around. (( If you can play up the helpless female roll this increases exponentially and over all you end up with a nice large team of male followers that will be at your beck and call. All you have to do is be there friends, and throw out the trashy pervs trying to get some " toon tail " ))

2: I don’t like staring at a guy’s butt all day while killing stuff, it’s boring. If I wanted to see a males butt, I’d just go look in a mirror at my own. On a lighter note, to me, it’s not only the butt, but the voice acting of most male toons on modern MMOS is just annoying. I have a strong hate for my own gender because I can see how moronic and ignorant a lot of males can be and I find myself levitating towards the female persuasion a lot more often.

3: Finally, No.3. I kind of enjoy playing a female for the fact that even if most men won’t admit to it at some point in time gay, straight, transgender or other. All males at one point in time have asked, What would it be like to be a woman? The answer comes in the form of being one on a game. Women get seen more easily than men do and are helped, looked out for, given stuff, and talked to. Just over all invited to things that a solo lone male can’t get. They are offered assistance when in trouble because most men have a need to be a hero syndrome when they see a female in distress.

On this game alone I don’t know how many times I have had a male come running up to me when I have fallen in battle at just a road side emergency and had them pick me up for no reason, help me kill the enemy and then try and add me as a friend, just because.

To the girl that said that most games had only male toons. There’s a game out on another provider called Scarlet Blade. All the toons in the game are female. There are no male toons in it and the game is literally heavy on T&A. don’t believe me go check it out some time. I was disturbed as I played the beta for it... truly.... disturbed!

I may have missed a few things, but here are 3 things you need to do to help yourself. I'm not trying to be mean, but you will need these skills when you create your resume and go to get a job. If you can't fill out your job application correctly more than likely they will pass you over.

1.Invest in a good word processing program, and use spellcheck.
2.Buy a dictionary.(Electronic might help since it has a function that suggests the word closest to your spelling.)
3.Take some basic grammar courses.

In no time you will be a more proficient writer and poster.

samuelsinn
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I may have missed a few things, but here are 3 things you need to do to help yourself. I'm not trying to be mean, but you will need these skills when you create your resume and go to get a job. If you can't fill out your job application correctly more than likely they will pass you over.

1.Invest in a good word processing program, and use spellcheck.
2.Buy a dictionary.(Electronic might help since it has a function that suggests the word closest to your spelling.)
3.Take some basic grammar courses.

In no time you will be a more proficient writer and poster.

^ look a grammar and spelling na zi :D

anyway. seeing as i just all of my spelling corrected by someone that dosent know a thing about dyslexia or the fact that i just might be older then him. and do have a job and work, im going to stand by my origanel post :)

and for the ladys. that do get harrased on games like this becuse you realy are a female in a female toon. im sorry for you. just understand not all gamers let alone men. are like that. sometimes there are good guys out there on thes games that enjoy just haveing a female friend to hang out with.

now moveing on in the topic

whos next ?

Treasurekins
02-01-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm next. Thank you for that Samuelsinn. Not to worry, I have not lost faith. My clan is 200+, all men. They come to my side when someone is misbehaving with my toon. I have been playing since April and haven't been turned off yet. As long as there is shtako to shoot, I'll be here. :)

Ironhide
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
^ look a grammar and spelling na zi :D

anyway. seeing as i just all of my spelling corrected by someone that dosent know a thing about dyslexia or the fact that i just might be older then him. and do have a job and work, im going to stand by my origanel post :)

and for the ladys. that do get harrased on games like this becuse you realy are a female in a female toon. im sorry for you. just understand not all gamers let alone men. are like that. sometimes there are good guys out there on thes games that enjoy just haveing a female friend to hang out with.

now moveing on in the topic

whos next ?

Well I'm not Carnac the Magnificent, so I had no clue you were dyslexic.(I do know about dyslexia, been to many I.E.P meetings for modified plans for students with that same problem.) My apologies. Its' just the teacher in me cringes when I see writing errors. Granted I'm used to correcting on a 3rd grade level, I was just trying to help. Again my apologies, and now I know... and knowing is half the battle.... G.I.JOE!!!!!!

Manstan
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Dyslexia can sure kill your spelling. I'm very dependent on the firefox spell checker. It can also mess with sentience structure. For me I read words as a block, not the letters that make them up. So with out the grammatical and punctuation clues, I get confused easy.

Jet1337
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM
If they didn't I would have. You don't get to say things like that.

Who the **** are you, my mom? lol

Manstan
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
I doubt anyone would actually claim to be ;)

Danke
02-02-2014, 04:37 AM
I started this game as a male toon, then after having played for some time, I made the switch: The single most deciding factor to me was when I was fighting (farming / weapon leveling) the hulker at SQ. I was minding my own business when along comes a female toon whom decides to join me on my safety perch. This player then moves forward to provoke said hulker and I go flying into the water and they stand there unaffected.

1) they gave us a free redo with DLC 1
2) I like the emotes that female chars have
3) I like the way female chars get special treatment from the game mechanics
4) TnA? sure why not!

in the end it doesn't really matter since 90*% of the time we all look like Steve anyways.

Alexander452
02-02-2014, 04:56 AM
And when im playing the game i don't see anyone at all. :I

Danke
02-02-2014, 05:00 AM
And when im playing the game i don't see anyone at all. :I

yeah... I d/l the pc trial and hardly saw anyone ... anywhere, even at sieges. I did login in multiple times hoping I was just on the under populated shard... seemed that was the only shard available.

Despite all its wonderful problems, I enjoy my semi populated bug filled ps3 version to the non-existant population much smoother playing pc version.

Odd more people arent on the pc version but I suppose with all the other game choices available its easy enough to understand.

Manstan
02-02-2014, 07:40 AM
yeah... I d/l the pc trial and hardly saw anyone ... anywhere, even at sieges. I did login in multiple times hoping I was just on the under populated shard... seemed that was the only shard available.

Despite all its wonderful problems, I enjoy my semi populated bug filled ps3 version to the non-existant population much smoother playing pc version.

Odd more people arent on the pc version but I suppose with all the other game choices available its easy enough to understand.

Game population depends on a lot of things. I know here{US} sunday afternoons the game seems packed. Through the week from about 2PM to 10PM there are a lot of players on. But mornings through the week it's pretty sparse.

samuelsinn
02-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Well I'm not Carnac the Magnificent, so I had no clue you were dyslexic.(I do know about dyslexia, been to many I.E.P meetings for modified plans for students with that same problem.) My apologies. Its' just the teacher in me cringes when I see writing errors. Granted I'm used to correcting on a 3rd grade level, I was just trying to help. Again my apologies, and now I know... and knowing is half the battle.... G.I.JOE!!!!!!

your forgiven. trust me your not the only one that trys to correct me all the time -.-'' flaw of haveing a teacher as a friend she drives me up a wall with it too. :) alls good though

samuelsinn
02-02-2014, 02:34 PM
i see lots of people all the time on pc. o.o but then agine i play at the wee hours of the night when most of the us players are asleep -and all of the australian and portagul players are on the us servers. even at 2 am right at server reset theres atleast 15-20
at iron demon. and overpass.

@ the guy that did the demo on PC , i beleave and i dont know for sure. but i beleave that you can link consol accounts to PC o.o no one ever got back to me on if u could or not. so try connecting ur accounts u may beable to make your PC demo a full version. dont know. :: shrug ::

oh and back on topic.

another thing about female toons i my self have noticed mostly in shooters and such. females have smaller hit boxes. i dont know how many times i pissed off some sniper on a FPS becuse thay couldnt hit me in the head or someone couldnt get a clean kill on me becuse my hit box was smaller. so female toons have a few hidden advantages.

but i still fall back on the fact i dont like staring at a mans butt as i fight and i cant stand the male voice acting on most games . i recall a game when the female was shot she moaned -.-'' it was funny but still bad voice acting got to love it .

Treasurekins
02-02-2014, 06:35 PM
I am not impressed and here is why:

Referring to post 49 of this thread, I said

Now take a look at post 53 of this thread........my original quote was changed to include

Grow some balls means to take a risk, and this is what balls are, if you had a tender pair dangling in a very unprotected center portion you may understand. Your v*a*g* is not in danger at every turn (with the exception of someone taking you against your will but lets not go there.)

Really? Really?

I am not impressed that my original post was edited and then resubmitted as a direct quote from me. This was an attempt to personally attack me without doing it publicly through a direct reply.

I posted as a funny, a "ha-ha", a "tee-hee". I apologize if some men on this forum did not recognize my attempt at humour, but I did note that it was originally said by a comedian. I also included a link to the comedy routine, which, by the way, was from a male's viewpoint. This comment is clearly referring to sexual interactions between a man and a woman, hence the comment about "pounding".

To the person who edited my comment and added his own opinion:

1) "if you had a tender pair" Apparently the comedian was accurate when he referred to balls as "weak and sensitive";

2) "if you had a tender pair dangling in a very unprotected center portion you may understand". I beg to differ - a male's testicles, aka balls, are far from unprotected. They are sheltered behind your joystick, somewhat nestled between your legs and pelvic cavity (more or less). Women's bewbs are sticking out on the front of their chest, very much unprotected. Depending on size, they can be a real inconvenience - getting caught on stuff, painful when running, not to mention being ogled by unwanted eyes. Women have bewb reductions because they are such a nuisance - I have yet to see a man get a ball reduction.

2) "Your v*a*g* is not in danger at every turn" Agreed, my V is not in danger at every turn, but neither are your balls as stated above. But the original statement was about the V taking a pounding, not being in danger. During intimate relations, it indeed takes a pounding. I won't even discuss the monthly present that the V receives. During childbirth, the V is stretched beyond belief for many hours. Can you say the same for your jewels?; and

3) (with the exception of someone taking you against your will but lets not go there)". I disagree, let's go there. Why is sexual assault even brought into this equation. If it was a direct attempt at hurting me, it worked. This comment was callous and uncalled for. I have been sexually assaulted on 5 occasions and I had to relive those occasions when my 4 year old son was also assaulted (by a male). I would like to thank you for reopening those wounds.

My attempt at humour, even if it was misunderstood, should not have resulted in me crying myself to sleep last night. Thanks a lot. Please do me a favour and don't respond to this post.

Bakku
02-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Whaaaat.....

It's pretty obvious to me that Danke (like you) doesn't really understand how to quote or multi-quote, he didn't intentionally make it look like you said something, part of his post was accidentally "eaten" by your post that he quoted.

Everything else about this last post is completely unnecessary. And while I feel for you, you should probably try not to be triggered by such small things. It may have been unwise for Danke to even bring up that topic, seeing as he even wrote afterward "lets NOT go there", but that was really a minor "offense" compared to some of the downright crappy things people say online, in guilds, etc. I've left a guild before because they refused to stop joking about this topic, I understand how it can make people feel, but I also don't want to see you over-react to something that wasn't meant to be hateful in any way.

Amack
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
I didn't even make it past page 4 and had a little voice in my head telling me this thread would not end good.

The little voice seems to have been right.

crasher
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
I didn't even make it past page 4 and had a little voice in my head telling me this thread would not end good.

The little voice seems to have been right.
Ah, yes.
From one of my fav Shakespeare plays:
All's Good That Ends Good.

:cool:

rebtattoo
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Trying to think of a tactful way to get this thread closed.......Hmmmm

Bakku
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
You could ask, but there's some valid points / topics in here, which is why I've tried to clear up misunderstandings and salvage it.

Amack
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
First, I think we should get the driving thread merged... then get it closed :p

Treasurekins
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
I actually never once accused Danke of saying this.

What I did say was that my original post was changed - by whomever and, to the best of my knowledge because I am a relative newb to these forums, replied to by Danke. I have no objection to what Danke said. I object to the comment injected into my quote passing it off as mine. The comment that he said and the one injected into mine are in contrast to each other.

I have also notified Dahanese and told her to infract me if she needs to.

Bakku
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM

This was your original post.

This is what Danke had to say in response, but it was "eaten" by the quote, he wasn't trying to make it look like you said something that you didn't:

((Your Quote Here))

Grow some balls means to take a risk, and this is what balls are, if you had a tender pair dangling in a very unprotected center portion you may understand. Your v*a*g* is not in danger at every turn (with the exception of someone taking you against your will but lets not go there.)

Comedian standpoint, still funny. But I could understand what should be meant by grow some.

I don't see any need for CM intervention, just need you to see that there was no hostility here, only an accident and (admittedly) a topic brought up that probably shouldn't have been.

Treasurekins
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Actually, I reported myself after I posted and before I read what you wrote.

Danke
02-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Despite your request for a no-response, I can not agree to those terms. I was unaware of the over sight and was in no way attempting to make any personal attack against you. I edited my previous post to correctly quote you. And yes I still dont know how to properly use a multi quote. Though normally the quote function works as intended.

My apologies, and very sorry you have endured some life experiences that haunt you. No hard feelings.

N3gativeCr33p
02-03-2014, 06:41 AM
I have so many people in this thread on ignore, I can't even tell who is trash talking who.

Nice! :)

Manstan
02-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I have so many people in this thread on ignore, I can't even tell who is trash talking who.

Nice! :)

I don't have anyone here on an ignore list. In fact as long as I have been on line, and with all the forums I have been on I've only ever put 1 person on an ignore list. I mean really some of those posts can be quite entertaining lol

Varathius
02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Well, maybe they are all seriously hot girls and you don't know what you're missing, I mean you never know.

Morgana
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

This topic has degenerated into non-constructive discussion, and as such, it has been closed.

You may send any feedback or questions to a member of the Trion Community Team.

~ Morgana