PDA

View Full Version : PvP?

TethJacobs
07-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Will Defiance have pvp i saw it somewhere else i just want it to be confirmed

Von
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
It has been confirmed. There will be PvP, they are going to show some samples of it
during a Con that's coming up soon.

Siantlark
07-22-2012, 06:39 PM
It has been confirmed. There will be PvP, they are going to show some samples of it
during a Con that's coming up soon.
Gamescom at Cologne, Germany I think. It's the largest gaming event in all of Europe so showing off the game there will give it lots of publicity.

Jenbuu
07-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Gamescom at Cologne, Germany I think. It's the largest gaming event in all of Europe so showing off the game there will give it lots of publicity.

aye will have to see what they being out, you got 4 in the next 3 months i think, depends if they go to them all

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 01:10 PM
i love to get back into some pvp, but higher lvl players coming into lower level areas has turned me off any open world pvp; maybe if a higher lvl char enters a lower level area, they can be temporary "level reduced" while they are in the area? or even nerfed in some way :P gotta keep it "fair" as possible :P

Magicpsychoc
08-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Carebears like the poster (Aaronjin) above have destroyed pvp for so many tbh. Games now days need to have pvp servers and pve server. While many games do that, they tend to make the pve servers extreme pve, then the pvp servers basically pve with some pvp. This is because all the carebears that post all over forums. Pvpers tend to play the games and when they come on the forums, its to rage or troll...I know, not all...but in general its true. Think about most of your pvp clans, how many of them really are all over the forums for anything else. I know thats there own fault and once again i'm not saying thats how all pvpers are. The point i'm getting at, is pvers need to worry about their servers and the pvpers need to have devs listen to them about the pvp servers. Sure, add karma to high levels attacking lowbies...don't make it so it can't happen. We need to see some good owpvp!

Siantlark
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Carebears like the poster (Aaronjin) above have destroyed pvp for so many tbh. Games now days need to have pvp servers and pve server. While many games do that, they tend to make the pve servers extreme pve, then the pvp servers basically pve with some pvp. This is because all the carebears that post all over forums. Pvpers tend to play the games and when they come on the forums, its to rage or troll...I know, not all...but in general its true. Think about most of your pvp clans, how many of them really are all over the forums for anything else. I know thats there own fault and once again i'm not saying thats how all pvpers are. The point i'm getting at, is pvers need to worry about their servers and the pvpers need to have devs listen to them about the pvp servers. Sure, add karma to high levels attacking lowbies...don't make it so it can't happen. We need to see some good owpvp!

... Carebears... *twitch* Okay. Higher leveled people running into to low level areas and trolling is just that. Trolling. People being upset by that are in the right and aren't "carebears."

Magicpsychoc
08-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Then you get a clan that helps you fend for yourself. Usually these types of things cause political pieces for the game to hash out. Makes clans want to kill other clans for killing their lowbies, etc. You take that away...its controlled pvp...controlled pvp is for carebears...bottom line.

Siantlark
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Then you get a clan that helps you fend for yourself. Usually these types of things cause political pieces for the game to hash out. Makes clans want to kill other clans for killing their lowbies, etc. You take that away...its controlled pvp...controlled pvp is for carebears...bottom line.

Yes. Because newbies will definitely have a clan to protect them the very minute that they walk out into that bright blue open world. Look. I'm all for a well done, well structured system of OWPvP but you're going about it in the worst way possible.

A system like Eve did with it's security zones where people could stay in relatively safe areas when they were new and then start to venture out into less defended and more hostile areas with better resources is a good system. Having a gankfest that relies on the generosity of others? That's the Internet.

Harmil
08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Carebears like the poster (Aaronjin) above have destroyed pvp for so many tbh.

WoW ended this silly meme. They finally called PvPers' bluff. They made it so that you could get XP in PvP, but you could lock your twink to a specific PvP level so that all the hard-core PvPers could queue together and go at it.

The numbers dropped to near-zero within a week.

Turns out that it was the "carebears" that kept the PvPers playing. When they no longer had soft targets available, twinking wasn't any fun.

People who decry the lack of "open world PvP" (AKA "ganking lowbies") are exactly the kind of gamers that modern MMOs should seek to make feel unwelcome.

Don't get me wrong. There is such a thing as true, competitive PvPers, but they're not looking fore newbies to gank; they're looking for the biggest, baddest, best-prepared PvPers they can find to go up against because that's where the challenge really sits.

Harmil
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes. Because newbies will definitely have a clan to protect them the very minute that they walk out into that bright blue open world. Look. I'm all for a well done, well structured system of OWPvP but you're going about it in the worst way possible.

I like Rift's current approach. If you want one-on-one combat, dueling is how you can do it. If you want team-oriented objectives with PvP components go to warfronts (battlegrounds for those familiar with WoW). On the other hand, if you want a massive zone with hundreds of combatants and a mix of big battles and individual skirmishes all over the place, you join Conquest.

It's what WoW's PvP zones should have done for the game, but somehow failed to (perhaps because they offer PvE-worthy rewards from Conquest, which gets a larger segment of the community to play...)

Jenbuu
08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
to answer OP's question.
Its highly likely that PVP will be incorporated into the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82S0BbLvps&feature=player_detailpage#t=59s

check from there. pvp ques :-)

Escyos
08-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes that video mentioned player vs player conflict maps

Magicpsychoc
08-09-2012, 12:27 PM
LMAO...calling anything about wow's pvp being meaningful to a real pvper is funny.

Magicpsychoc
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Battlegrounds basically...fail

Matt Treck
08-10-2012, 03:17 AM
From the current information it doesn't seem like there is any reason for open world PVP to exist, they've yet to announce any opposing factions and I don't expect any. So I'd expect to only see arena style PVP.

Personally I dislike open-world PVP. Arenas I can handle.

Jenbuu
08-10-2012, 03:43 AM
unless they go with the eve model where you can kill anyone anywhere just some areas are harder to do it then others.

would make game politics great, have settled areas and the outlands sort of thing, but there would have to be risk / reward / penalties for doing it.

Hoffman
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM
WoW ended this silly meme. They finally called PvPers' bluff. They made it so that you could get XP in PvP, but you could lock your twink to a specific PvP level so that all the hard-core PvPers could queue together and go at it.

The numbers dropped to near-zero within a week.

Turns out that it was the "carebears" that kept the PvPers playing. When they no longer had soft targets available, twinking wasn't any fun.

People who decry the lack of "open world PvP" (AKA "ganking lowbies") are exactly the kind of gamers that modern MMOs should seek to make feel unwelcome.

Don't get me wrong. There is such a thing as true, competitive PvPers, but they're not looking fore newbies to gank; they're looking for the biggest, baddest, best-prepared PvPers they can find to go up against because that's where the challenge really sits.

Not quite. Queue times where stupidly, stupidly long when this happened. It's not fun for players waiting hours for a single match.

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 09:42 PM
cant wait to see more on this...