PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster loot is going to stay bad.

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Trick just admitted on the live stream that they reduced the legendary loot to 6% that it was "ludicrous" before.

So first they tell us that there's nothing wrong. Then they tell us that it's bugged. Then they don't say anything and now finally we get admission that they reduced the drops because they were too high. Don't you just love this game? just once I'd love for them to be up front with us about these changes.

Remember the volge emergency drop nerf? it's just a repeat of history with these guys.

Shoogli
01-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Hey sorry if it's a little bit off-topic but did they say anything about the "loot variety" : that is the problem of only looting for example VOT Pulser when you loot an SMG and never the other SMGs ?

Thank you !

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Couldn't tell you. Wait until etaew puts up a transcript on defiancedata.

Shoogli
01-31-2014, 02:05 PM
All right thanks.

Amack
01-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey sorry if it's a little bit off-topic but did they say anything about the "loot variety" : that is the problem of only looting for example VOT Pulser when you loot an SMG and never the other SMGs ?

Thank you !

Yes Shoogli, they did address it and said it would be corrected in DLC3.

Fuzzle
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XluBiwP.png

As for the other loot, it was said that the chances for the other weapons (like wolfhounds) will be going up, including the ones with poor damage like sludge rocket launchers and a couple other guns were named.

Edit: Where those drops rates are going to be changed I don't know that they said. If it's just drops, or just lock boxes, or both?

rebtattoo
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
I had a suspicion this was the case all along.

What a unique way of diminishing the main attraction for a bug riddled DLC 2. Now, that they have admitted what most suspected, ppl will no longer be drawn to the attraction because of low chance of good reward, and the issue won't need to be fixed.

Brilliant, jekkin' brilliant!

maverick07
01-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Trick just admitted on the live stream that they reduced the legendary loot to 6% that it was "ludicrous" before.

So first they tell us that there's nothing wrong. Then they tell us that it's bugged. Then they don't say anything and now finally we get admission that they reduced the drops because they were too high. Don't you just love this game?

Yeah lol that's about right. Thanks for posting this, I was watching the stream, but I must have missed this part I think.

6% is going to be the intended rate? Or are they keeping it at what it is now and claiming it is 6% percent drop rate?

And if they are intending to bump it to 6% percent well that's still not enough to get people back to playing it. Major Arkbreaks are dead on the PS3 server, I haven't got an invite to one, or been in one myself in over a week now. IMO they should be at the very least a 1 in 8 chance to get an OJ on a kill. Trion doesn't seem to understand the concept of a raid boss.

And it's not like these are chances at regular OJs (which hold much more value to most people in the game). They have fixed rolls :confused:.

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah lol that's about right. Thanks for posting this, I was watching the stream, but I must have missed this part I think.

6% is going to be the intended rate? Or are they keeping it at what it is now and claiming it is 6% percent drop rate?

And if they are intending to bump it to 6% percent well that's still not enough to get people back to playing it. Arkbreakers are dead on the PS3 server, I haven't got an invite to one, or been in one myself in over a week now. IMO they should be at the very least a 1 in 8 chance to get an OJ on a kill. Trion doesn't seem to understand the concept of a raid boss.

And it's not like these are chances at regular OJs (which hold much more value to most people in the game). They have fixed rolls :confused:.

6% is going to be the current rate. They claim that the rate on the live server is lower than intended. Which is funny because they said they didn't change the drops at all, then they said they were bugged and then they kept quiet and once again they finally admit that they nerfed them intentionally. They're essentially killing the only content in the game with this.

N3gativeCr33p
01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Arkbreakers are dead on the PS3 server, I haven't got an invite to one, or been in one myself in over a week now. IMO they should be at the very least a 1 in 8 chance to get an OJ on a kill. Trion doesn't seem to understand the concept of a raid boss.

Consider yourself lucky... the stability is horrible, and so are the drops. I'll stick with running minors, but that will only get me so far!

Surprise surprise pause not.

Deunan
01-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Trick clearly stated in the text chat for the Livestream that they drop rate for orange items is going to be increased to ~6% with the DCL3 update patch and that the initial drop rate was ridiculously high. Isn't 6% still the highest drop rate in the game? Isn't it lower for Lock Boxes, Dark Matter Arkfalls and Sieges?

Fuzzle
01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Watch what you wish for I guess. We asked to not get greens. So instead of getting a green 3 or 4 out (out of 5 kills) and an orange maybe 1 in 4 or 5 times, you'll probably never see an orange, "but at least you won't see green's"!

The non-orange variations of the guns aren't even worth doing the encounter for. So basically 47 out of 50 kills on the Warmaster you are wasting your time, and may as well just AFK on the top floor for keys instead.

Edit: Posted again in case you missed it earlier in the thread, the comments made by trick in chat on the live stream:

http://i.imgur.com/XluBiwP.png

Amack
01-31-2014, 02:26 PM
So basically 47 out of 50 kills on the Warmaster you are wasting your time, and may as well just AFK on the top floor for keys instead.

There's a mature response.

Why didn't I think of that?

@Maverick - 6% sounds right to me, considering your research, and then taking into account the entire population. I was guessing in my head 4%-8% honestly.

Fuzzle
01-31-2014, 02:31 PM

I'm not stating to do that, I'm just pointing out the behavior their design decisions encourage.

Amack
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm not stating to do that, I'm just pointing out the behavior their design decisions encourage.

Hey, I never suggest people rob banks, but they do it anyways. Should I explain to them that they get robbed because there is money inside? Is that going to in any way whatsoever help the situation?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
6% means that 1 in every 16 victories you get an orange...i have been in a winning warmaster group over 30 times since patch and have yet to see this...that 6% is false and is realistically at a 0%

Storm58
01-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey, I never suggest people rob banks, but they do it anyways. Should I explain to them that they get robbed because there is money inside? Is that going to in any way whatsoever help the situation?

I'm pretty sure what he was going for was hyperbole. No need to do what you are doing.

Storm58
01-31-2014, 02:43 PM
6% means that 1 in every 16 victories you get an orange...i have been in a winning warmaster group over 30 times since patch and have yet to see this...that 6% is false and is realistically at a 0%

What? 6% means 6 times out of 100... or 3 times out of 50... or 1.5 times out of 25... Where did you get 1 in 16?

N3gativeCr33p
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure what he was going for was hyperbole. No need to do what you are doing.

Co-signed

- Krith Ditarra

Manstan
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM

No that is 1 in 16 you get a chance at it. ;)

maverick07
01-31-2014, 02:45 PM

@Maverick - 6% sounds right to me, considering your research, and then taking into account the entire population. I was guessing in my head 4%-8% honestly.

Not sure what data you were looking at but I got less than 1 percent from what I gathered. You could say more people may have gotten OJs but I know entire clans on PS3 NA that didn't get an OJ and weren't counted in my data. I will likely make another thread when 7th legion hits though to collect data again. Just to compare to my old data before DLC 3.

Albion
01-31-2014, 02:45 PM
Great, another nail in the coffin. It would be one thing if you could get ANY legendary drop at a 6% rate, that might be workable. But remember, you are still only getting the warmaster loot, static rolls and all.

This is disappointing. The warmaster was the only really exciting thing in Defiance since, well, maybe ever. It brought players back, you could tell it did. It got people bragging about who could score higher against him, got people sharing the best ways to beat him, gave you a reasonable chance at a nice reward if you beat him.

Now? No one gives a crap. No one even bothers anymore. And, this isn't going to help, at all. Great job.

Amack
01-31-2014, 02:46 PM
Bieber, it doesn't work like that.
It is RNG, that is why you never have seen one yet.
6% of 100 = 6

If they game is rolling a 100 sided die to determine if you win or not... that means you need 94 or higher on that roll.

Deunan
01-31-2014, 02:46 PM
@Maverick - 6% sounds right to me, considering your research, and then taking into account the entire population. I was guessing in my head 4%-8% honestly.I'm not sure what you're talking about. Trick said last time that the drop rate after the last patch for the live servers is approximately ~1%. ~6% sounds right to you for what and based on what? It's not live yet and won't be until the DLC 3 update patch is activated for the live servers.

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 02:47 PM

They said that the current drop rate is unintentionally low that when they tried to reduce it to 6% that it broke some how.

So in other words, first they lied about not changing the drops, then they weren't up front about how it was bugged, then they stayed quiet and now they admitted that the original drops were too much and that they reduced them.

Recap: Current drop rate is below 6%, the new drop rate will be 6%, essentially still being crap.

Now combine this with the majority of warmasters failing because people are derps. You can see the issue.

Storm58
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Not sure what data you were looking at but I got less than 1 percent from what I gathered. You could say more people may have gotten OJs but I know entire clans on PS3 NA that didn't get an OJ and weren't counted in my data. I will likely make another thread when 7th legion hits though to collect data again. Just to compare to my old data before DLC 3.

As much as I liked following that thread, there is no way that that thread could ever be used as any sort of evidence of the drop rate. Not saying that it is wrong, but percent means that it *could* happen. Doesn't mean it will. And you are only polling a small amount of people. The greater number you poll, the better the information, but even if you polled everyone, that still doesn't necessarily mean that the drop rate would be anywhere near 6%.

You have a 50% chance to have a coin land on heads. After 10 throws, 5 of those should land on heads. In reality though, all 10 could land on tails. Only the Defiance peeps actually have "realistic" data for this, sadly.

Manstan
01-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Bieber, it doesn't work like that.
It is RNG, that is why you never have seen one yet.
6% of 100 = 6

If they game is rolling a 100 sided die to determine if you win or not... that means you need 94 or higher on that roll.

And it's a new roll every time.

Albion
Recap: Current drop rate is below 6%, the new drop rate will be 6%, essentially still being crap.

Just curious, did he (or anyone) say what the rate was before they broke it? You know, when it was "ludicrous"? My guess was maybe 15% or so?

Deunan
6% means that 1 in every 16 victories you get an orange...i have been in a winning warmaster group over 30 times since patch and have yet to see this...that 6% is false and is realistically at a 0%Are you doing it on the test server because 6% is only on the test server not the live servers. Phletch got an orange gun off of the Warmaster on PC NA two nights ago. I think it was an SMG but I'm not sure which one.

Amack
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Trick said last time that the drop rate after the last patch for the live servers is approximately ~1%. ~6% sounds right to you for what and based on what? It's not live yet and won't be until the DLC 3 update patch is activated for the live servers.

Was just a guess in my head, that's all.

Not so easy to do when looking at very limited data.

Amack
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
And it's a new roll every time.

And for every single person in the encounter.

www.random.org

Storm58
01-31-2014, 02:51 PM
I know everyone is not very pleased.
I am one of you, even if it doesn't seem like it.
If coming at me, somehow makes you feel better, then I will endure it, for your sake.

Woohoo! Scapegoat! Let Trion know, maybe they can use you too!

Hey everyone! DLC 3 and WM drop rates suck because of Amack! :)

Thanks, Amack. Weekend just got started off right!

ArkGuardian_MichaelDial
01-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Remember the volge emergency drop nerf? it's just a repeat of history with these guys.

What about the Gold Skitterling Drop rate from DLC 1? I think that is another good example too

SO yes it is all a repeat of History in this Game from the Dev's efforts

Storm58
01-31-2014, 02:53 PM
What about the Gold Skitterling Drop rate from DLC 1? I think that is another good example too

SO yes it is all a repeat of History in this Game from the Dev's efforts

Effort: a vigorous or determined attempt.

Don't think so for Trion.

Manstan
01-31-2014, 02:53 PM
Now what was that definition of insanity? ;)

Developers are like a tank with no steering, you want to see where it is going you just need to look back to where it came from.

TwwiX
01-31-2014, 02:58 PM
Well, those in-game loot boosts ain't gonna sell themselves! Consider this a "motivation".

maverick07
01-31-2014, 02:59 PM
As much as I liked following that thread, there is no way that that thread could ever be used as any sort of evidence of the drop rate. Not saying that it is wrong, but percent means that it *could* happen. Doesn't mean it will. And you are only polling a small amount of people. The greater number you poll, the better the information, but even if you polled everyone, that still doesn't necessarily mean that the drop rate would be anywhere near 6%.

You have a 50% chance to have a coin land on heads. After 10 throws, 5 of those should land on heads. In reality though, all 10 could land on tails. Only the Defiance peeps actually have "realistic" data for this, sadly.

Of course it isn't totally accurate, as I mentioned, but it's not that inaccurate. Doesn't matter, Trick has already said it's at about 1 percent now, and will be raised to 6% with the DLC.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:04 PM
What? 6% means 6 times out of 100... or 3 times out of 50... or 1.5 times out of 25... Where did you get 1 in 16?

Well you had the right idea except your mind can only break numbers in half for some reason and then when you got to 1.5 couldnt do anything passed that...my mind does better math. So now to break this down further and easiest for you, break down 1.5 by 3 parts since ( i say three parts because 1.5 is such a pretty number that i can tell just by looking at it, itbreaks into three parts easily)...that makes .5 (or every half time you win) out of 8.33333 (8.3333 is the 25 number you mentioned broken down by 3)....now double those numbers to get the 1 full time...(2x .5 time=1 time) 1time= 16.66666 (2x 8.333= 16.666). That is where i got 16.. Probably should have rounded up to 17 but you probably still wouldnt have understood how i got 17.

6 times out of 100 <---this was stated originally
3 times out of 50 <---ooh wow you broke it in half so proud of you
1.5 times out of 25 <---holy cow you did it again
1 in 16.6666 <---your brain farted and couldnt figure this one out but thats why im here, your welcome

Holy Bahamut3
01-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Funny, it took DLC 2 to fix DLC 1. They broke DLC 2 trying to fix a minor issue, creating a DLC crippling issue. Now they intend to "fix" DLC 2 with DLC 3's patch. Lol couldn't make this stupidity up.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:11 PM
They said that the current drop rate is unintentionally low that when they tried to reduce it to 6% that it broke some how

OOOh so they wanted it to be at 6% but it isnt and is closer to 0% from the studies that one guy did on here on one of these threads. Ya that makes sense because like i said Ive won quite a few and should have probably gotten at least one orange by now.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Funny, it took DLC 2 to fix DLC 1. They broke DLC 2 trying to fix a minor issue, creating a DLC crippling issue. Now they intend to "fix" DLC 2 with DLC 3's patch. Lol couldn't make this stupidity up.

At this rate what DLC is going to fix DLC 5 the final one???? We are doomed on the last DLC

rebtattoo
Well you had the right idea except your mind can only break numbers in half for some reason and then when you got to 1.5 couldnt do anything passed that...my mind does better math. So now to break this down further and easiest for you, break down 1.5 by 3 parts since ( i say three parts because 1.5 is such a pretty number that i can tell just by looking at it, itbreaks into three parts easily)...that makes .5 (or every half time you win) out of 8.33333 (8.3333 is the 25 number you mentioned broken down by 3)....now double those numbers to get the 1 full time...(2x .5 time=1 time) 1time= 16.66666 (2x 8.333= 16.666). That is where i got 16.. Probably should have rounded up to 17 but you probably still wouldnt have understood how i got 17.

1 in 16.666 <---your brain farted and couldnt figure this one out but thats why im here, your welcomeI see what I did there....

*Edited because I realized my mistake* Carry on

williamarmistace

1 in 16.6666 <---your brain farted and couldnt figure this one out but thats why im here, your welcome

That was a very effective schooling on math. You should apply for the software engineer job mentioned on the livestream.

Storm58
01-31-2014, 03:13 PM

Don't really see why you have to get all arrogant and condescending. Did I or did I not ask where you got 1 in 16? Did I say you were wrong? Did I say your fat head couldn't wrap around the numbers? I was just asking a question so I could better understand. Why you came off as a prick is beyond me.

The original message you posted was fine but then you went back and edited it specifically to down play on my intelligence. Why? Nobody called you out. Issues at home or the workplace, I would assume.

In any case, a more simplistic way of explaining it would be to say, cross multiply. 6/100 = 1/x Solve for that and you get ~16.

Just because someone asks a question on something doesn't mean you are all higher and mightier than they.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Fixed that for you

half of 25 is 12.5 but half of 1.5 is .75....so yes it should say 12.5 if i wrote .75....but i wrote 1 which is equal to 16.666

Ironhide
01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Don't really have a response to the dlc 3, except,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_210899&feature=iv&src_vid=RA06Z5e1ZFc&v=W-_sABor77E

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
I see what I did there....

*Edited because I realized my mistake* Carry on

lol ya i got confused for a second on that one too. I was like my math is wrong let me get my pen and paper out

Deunan
01-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Well, those in-game loot boosts ain't gonna sell themselves! Consider this a "motivation".There are no boosts that affect rarity of loot. Notwithstanding its description in the highlight window of the bit store, EGO loot boost only affects drop frequency so it's completely irrelevant for drops from lock boxes, the Warmaster, or Siege and Major Arkfall completions.

Alyn
01-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey folks,

While we understand people can become passionate when sharing their opinion, we do ask that you keep your posts on topic, civil and constructive, even when you disagree with another player. As always, if at any time you feel a post violates the rules of conduct, please report it, and do not reply to it in any way.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Don't really see why you have to get all arrogant and condescending. Did I or did I not ask where you got 1 in 16? Did I say you were wrong? Did I say your fat head couldn't wrap around the numbers? I was just asking a question so I could better understand. Why you came off as a prick is beyond me.

The original message you posted was fine but then you went back and edited it specifically to down play on my intelligence. Why? Nobody called you out. Issues at home or the workplace, I would assume.

In any case, a more simplistic way of explaining it would be to say, cross multiply. 6/100 = 1/x Solve for that and you get ~16.

Just because someone asks a question on something doesn't mean you are all higher and mightier than they.

Sorry the tone i read your original comment sounded rude, but then again thats the problem with text is you cant tell tone. My math was just a comeback to your what i thought was your rude comment. Reading your comment again i can read it in a lost confused way too. But anyways in a nicer way i could have said 100/6 but i wanted to be jerk back at you! My bad.

Manstan
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
The best way to keep your kingdom from being over thrown is to keep the rabble fighting amongst themselves.

williamarmistace
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey folks,

While we understand people can become passionate when sharing their opinion, we do ask that you keep your posts on topic, civil and constructive, even when you disagree with another player. As always, if at any time you feel a post violates the rules of conduct, please report it, and do not reply to it in any way.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Who are you and where did you come from? What did you do to Tyrannos and Jester?

Edit: Oh, I see you are a Super Moderator. Does that give you Chuck Norris-like moderating powers?

Storm58
01-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Sorry the tone i read your original comment sounded rude, but then again thats the problem with text is you cant tell tone. My math was just a comeback to your what i thought was your rude comment. Reading your comment again i can read it in a lost confused way too. But anyways in a nicer way i could have said 100/6 but i wanted to be jerk back at you! My bad.

So we are good and can have a beautiful YOLOSwag day then, yes?

Varathius
01-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Before the nerf, I did about 7x Warmaster and had 3 very good legendary drops, incluging mastery was just fantastic. Maybe I was lucky? If I was, ignore what I am about to say, if I was not lucky, good thing it got nerfed.

Market
01-31-2014, 03:43 PM

So first they tell us that there's nothing wrong. Then they tell us that it's bugged. Then they don't say anything and now finally we get admission that they reduced the drops because they were too high. Don't you just love this game? just once I'd love for them to be up front with us about these changes.

I don't recall him saying anything about a percentage, but shortly after he said the bit about the drop rate being ludicrous, he answered my question about bringing it back out of the other side of ludicrous. It's been raised for DLC3.

hardy83
01-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Isn't 6% pretty darn high for legendarily in any MMO?

What the heck was the percentage before this drop? lol

As long as he drops at least blues, getting greens for big events like that is DUMB.

Also since everyone hates Arkbreaks now I guess i won't get the rest of my weapons. :(
That and there's no AH in the game which is annoying as heck. lol

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't recall him saying anything about a percentage, but shortly after he said the bit about the drop rate being ludicrous, he answered my question about bringing it back out of the other side of ludicrous. It's been raised for DLC3.

It's posted above.

viced998
01-31-2014, 03:46 PM

What's with you? Defeating the Volge Warmaster isn't a challenge anymore and the implication of that is the nerf. So nothing is stay bad. The Rate is good as it is now and will be with 6%. Seems like you are a spoiled kid... Everytime I read some threads here in the Forum, I get sucked of People like you, who seems to be spoiled and want to have everything instantly and 100x...
So please quit game and go play Hello kitty Online !

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 03:46 PM
There are no boosts that affect rarity of loot. Notwithstanding its description in the highlight window of the bit store, EGO loot boost only affects drop frequency so it's completely irrelevant for drops from lock boxes, the Warmaster, or Siege and Major Arkfall completions.

Which, along with the many questionable leadership choices made by the Defiance team, gives me considerable agita.
I find it very annoying that factual representations of situations in this game are so difficult to come by. All this ballyhoo about the 7th Legion coming, only to find that nobody is coming at all, we just get an outfit and some old content mashed into yellow circles on the map. There is no "there" there.
I must admit I am only surprised a little bit and I have developed some tolerance where annoyance with Defiance is concerned.
It is their game after all and they are free to manage it as best they can, however dishonest, shortsighted and stupid it may appear to me.
I don't bear the game or Trion any ill will at all. My hope is that somehow the game will be more than it is now. That it will become as epic as it's potential. The game is still fun for me to play so I'll play it 'till it's not anymore.
So ya know...
**** it.

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Who are you and where did you come from? What did you do to Tyrannos and Jester?

Edit: Oh, I see you are a Super Moderator. Does that give you Chuck Norris-like moderating powers?

It's two steps above super sayian.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Isn't 6% pretty darn high for legendarily in any MMO?

What the heck was the percentage before this drop? lol

6% is nice id say. Especially since you already know your possible outcomes and none of the oranges are worth getting except for possible the X AR Assualt Rifle. So basically you have a 6% chance of getting an orange but there are like 10+ orange possiblity and only the one is good. So we are back at close to a 0% chance of getting the X AR.

And before the drop rate i would say was close to 33%. Once every 3 or so you would pull an orange

Market
It's posted above.

I guess I skipped out too early, thanks for pointing that out.

He did say that the original nerf was an unintended change when they took out the green drop from the DLC exclusive items. Granted, they could have jumped on it sooner, but I feel like they responded to it much faster than the Volge Emergency thing. I don't know, maybe I just haven't gotten as critical as others have around here.

Manstan
When I am bored, and just can't find anything else to do I log in a do the rep missions. I've always enjoyed the game play, but more of the same doesn't motivate me to actively play.

rebtattoo
01-31-2014, 04:02 PM
6% is nice id say. Especially since you already know your possible outcomes and none of the oranges are worth getting except for possible the X AR Assualt Rifle. So basically you have a 6% chance of getting an orange but there are like 10+ orange possiblity and only the one is good. So we are back at close to a 0% chance of getting the X AR.

And before the drop rate i would say was close to 33%. Once every 3 or so you would pull an orangeAh ha! Now I can disagree with you heheheheh

The Springer, Needler, and Breacher are mighty fine weapons, IMO.

Amack
01-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Removed comment since I believe it will be fixed.

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey! I was born in Flriduh!

BIEBERyoloSWAG
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Ah ha! Now I can disagree with you heheheheh

The Springer, Needler, and Breacher are mighty fine weapons, IMO.

I agree with you there. I have a cannoneer radiation needler with crit, and a syphon springer with crit...both very nice guns..and a breacher with speedy feet also nice

BUUUT i should have mentioned that previously i was talking from a Seller's point of view. I can only sell the X AR for some decent scrip. Everything else sells for 100k or less if it even sells at all

K Ron Spliffs
01-31-2014, 04:09 PM
No oranges = No one is going to try to even beat him. No point in it.

WhiteF8ng
01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Tbh, Trick actually said all of this, more or less, on the previous live stream. He said the current drop rate was a unintended consequence but the original drop rate was too generous.

I knew it all meant they lowered it too much but from the stats he was throwing out I figured it'd be in the 9-12% range. 2-3 players receiving a legendary each run. I guess not.

Overtkill21
01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Sometimes I am surprised...

...this is not one of those times.

ColapsN7
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Пускай ани вернут обратный лот Предметов
*Raundom Gear Chest и под ним
>> Любая Оружия << Во так должно быть .

А >> Arkbreaker Stash << Удалить !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DEL

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
What's with you? Defeating the Volge Warmaster isn't a challenge anymore and the implication of that is the nerf. So nothing is stay bad. The Rate is good as it is now and will be with 6%. Seems like you are a spoiled kid... Everytime I read some threads here in the Forum, I get sucked of People like you, who seems to be spoiled and want to have everything instantly and 100x...
So please quit game and go play Hello kitty Online !

Wow.... there are some serious mental gymnastics going down here.
I would bother explaining things to you but judging by your post here, that would be wasted.
Here's a tip, before addressing me with such vitriol, click my profile and check up on my posts and see how divorced from reality your response is in regards to my comments on this board.
So there's the door frodo, don't forget to wave hi to gollum for me.

edit: Are you flipping kidding me? HAHAHAHA.

inox2980
01-31-2014, 04:15 PM

You are by far my favorite poster. :)

BlaqWolf
01-31-2014, 04:17 PM
No oranges = No one is going to try to even beat him. No point in it.

*ding*

And, to my knowledge, there is zero chance of an orange dropping in open world encounters so... you're limited to boxes, WM, and maybe that Dark Matter mech only? And the loot table is blown to smack... and they're not all over jumping to set it right immediately.

Pretty lame.

rebtattoo

А >> Arkbreaker Stash << Удалить !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DELSeconded! Man, this guy. Always taking the words out of my mouth!

williamarmistace

You are by far my favorite poster. :)

I agree. He is so intriguing. He can obviously understand what we are talking about, but when he speaks we cannot comprehend it. He's like the voice of God here on the Defiance forums.

samuelsinn
01-31-2014, 04:21 PM

^ i love this guy. i never understand what he has said but someone out there allways seems to translate it and its allways something good. lol

for drop rates. all the math seems to be ligit. but i still see no reason to realy. play a war master. none of the guns that you can get from him are that good. and most people that did when the drop rate was " higher " got the guns thay wanted and now see it as a waist.

maybe in the future.......ya never mind im not going to finish that statment becuse so far everything trions doing to this game has disapointed me.

rebtattoo
01-31-2014, 04:30 PM
^ i love this guy. i never understand what he has said but someone out there allways seems to translate it and its allways something good. lol

for drop rates. all the math seems to be ligit. but i still see no reason to realy. play a war master. none of the guns that you can get from him are that good. and most people that did when the drop rate was " higher " got the guns thay wanted and now see it as a waist.

maybe in the future.......ya never mind im not going to finish that statment becuse so far everything trions doing to this game has disapointed me.I still enjoy a good round with the big 'ol ape, when I have a room full of ppl that now what they're doing. It's a nice 10 minute distraction from whatever else I was doing.

The drop rate does need fixing though in hopes that others will interact with it again. Sadly, I don't think this will happen.

The Warmaster is dead; Long live the Warmaster.

Hyperion5182
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Pair this with what i feel is Syfy writers dictating story and by extension DLC decisions not Trion i cant see putting money into this game or buying DLC's. I dont feel there is a point. I really dont.

Maybe it was insane before but 6%? I've dealt with 6% chances before. I ended up farming for two weeks in war frame for ONE friggin item that was on the loot table at a recorded (DATAMINED) 6% chance. I dont need one per day. BUt going 2-3 weeks of actual KILLS not raid trolled idiots says i MIGHT get lucky. Since the nerf i got two oranges out of BOXES none from Warmaster. I dont expect this to change.

I dont know if this game makes it to season 2 at this point. Not with decisions like this.

ColapsN7
01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0201/e4/c49f9490123ffbe302c9d1dd1d7436e4.jpg

Trion Addon point *Live Version Defiance:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 04:44 PM
http://i33.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0201/e4/c49f9490123ffbe302c9d1dd1d7436e4.jpg

Trion Addon point *Live Version Defiance:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Amen my brother.

Arsenic_Touch
01-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh dear, this thread just made me spit out my coffee. I'm sure you guys can figure out why.

ColapsN7
01-31-2014, 04:48 PM
****Del******

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 04:56 PM
I agree. He is so intriguing. He can obviously understand what we are talking about, but when he speaks we cannot comprehend it. He's like the voice of God here on the Defiance forums.

Psst! Google translate is just one of the many options available. Regrettably in game there is no Russian Text, so I can't translate something into russian text and paste it into chat. :(

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Amen my brother.

I can't wait for the sharkjumping DLC. That's gonna be so much fun. Leather jacket, double waterskiis, and a shark in a cage. Go Fonzie!

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 05:04 PM
I can't wait for the sharkjumping DLC. That's gonna be so much fun. Leather jacket, double waterskiis, and a shark in a cage. Go Fonzie!

At least it would be new?

Amack
01-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Oh dear, this thread just made me spit out my coffee. I'm sure you guys can figure out why.

I know, right? They don't love us anymore... I'm going to go count worms.

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm just finding it extremely amusing that someone who speaks Russian and probably isn't that familiar with 1970's American Television memes.....said that Trion jumped the shark.

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm just finding it extremely amusing that someone who speaks Russian and probably isn't that familiar with 1970's American Television memes.....said that Trion jumped the shark.

But that means we would get motorcycles right?

Bonehead
01-31-2014, 05:26 PM
I know, right? They don't love us anymore... I'm going to go count worms.

You gonna name any?

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Ooooh, that reminds me.

Imma go play Worms.

Ivan was always the bad *** in my units.

DanteYoda
01-31-2014, 10:52 PM
Well....this makes things incredibly simple for me..

No loot fixes, No do Warmaster...

Honestly saves me a lot of stupidity and hassles..

Let Ani exhibition Return Items
* Random Gear Chest and below
Any Weapons >> << In it should be.
A >> Arkbreaker Stash << Delete!!!!!!!!!!! * DEL

http://translate.google.com/#ru/en/

TrickDempsey
02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
The issues with Warmaster loot started with its release. Initially, the special loot roll for defeating the Warmaster contained Uncommon and Rare weapons, as well as incorrectly doling out the credit for defeating him. (Only the player who scored the final shot received the token for killing the Warmaster. This meant the pursuit was very hard to complete.) Additionally, the Legendary weapon rewards were weighted ALMOST evenly with the other rarities. This lead to a lot of players getting garbage greens from completing the Warmaster fight, and between 16% and 25% of players that were present for defeating the Warmaster getting Legendary weapons.

These two fixes went in at the same time:
• Defeating the Volge Warmaster now correctly gives credit to all ark hunters in the encounter.
• Cleaned up loot table for Warmaster and arkbreaks to include base versions of cold fire weapons. Their chances of rolling were very low. (In the case of the battle rifle, non-existent.)
The first was accomplished by splitting up the “Win” and “Lose” tables into entirely separate tables. (Rather than adding a roll to a different table.) At this time, the Uncommons and Rares were pulled from the “Legendary Chance” loot roll.
The second was done simultaneously and went in with the loot pass which made charge weapons, infectors, rocket launchers, and BMGs less common in loot. (And made certain specific weapons incredibly uncommon as an effect.)

The effects of these two checkins compounded to make the legendary drop from the Warmaster not a 1 in 20, but a 1 in 100 chance. Since the intention was that each full group of players fighting the Warmaster see between one and two players receiving legendary weapons, this balance was unsustainable. With the 7th Legion update, the legendary drop rate goes to 6%.

I’ve seen a lot of talk of the legendary drop rate needing to be much higher than 6% for the Warmaster to compare to other “Raid” content. Comparing the Warmaster fight to a Raid in this fashion is plainly incorrect. You will not find a raid which can be completed in under 15 minutes. While the Warmaster is a “Raid-style” boss, he and his instance do not require near the time investment of a traditional raid. Were the Warmaster to require multiple hours to complete AND something which could only be completed a maximum of once per week, we’d definitely up the rewards. However, given that it is entirely possible to, through clever timing or luck, defeat the Warmaster several times in a single hour, we have no intention of making its rewards comparable to the raid content in other MMOs.

On a rewards per hour measure, the Warmaster is still a contender for the most efficient way to earn legendary weapons. You are still earning keycodes, which buy lockboxes, and you are also running a not-insignificant chance of earning legendary weapons which have a boost over similar weapons earned from lockboxes. (As lockboxes never drop the Arkbreaker exclusive weapons.) Also, if you defeat the Warmaster, you are guaranteed an epic Arkbreaker weapon. It has an incredibly generous reward-to-time ratio.

Market
02-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Trick!

Holy Bahamut3
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Snip...

While I disagree with epic's being a generous reward to time ratio, I am glad you took the time to address this issue. I'm sure you have noticed a decline in those participating in the Warmaster. I myself have stopped fighting him on principal. This may not be what everyone wanted: however, it will definitely have me fighting the monkey again.

Amack
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Yes Trick, thank you very much for that. I would have responded sooner, but I had to fly to Brazil and clear my cookies before I was able to say thanks... you know how these things go.

I speak for my entire clan when I say, we are all looking forward to chat.
Thanks for getting that working as well. ;)

crasher
02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes Trick, thank you very much for that. I would have responded sooner, but I had to fly to Brazil and clear my cookies before I was able to say thanks... you know how these things go.

I speak for my entire clan when I say, we are all looking forward to chat.
Thanks for getting that working as well. ;)
You didn't know that WallyMart has a prescription counter?
The prices are competitive, too....

Daholic
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
I always loved when Trion throws the community a bone after months of being ignored. Good job Trick, you just bought your crappy game a few more months of interest from your fanbase.

Market
02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I always loved when Trion throws the community a bone after months of being ignored. Good job Trick, you just bought your crappy game a few more months of interest from your fanbase.

I know there's a ton of frustration about many different things, but it hasn't been a month since the patch that dropped the OJ rate into the floor. Be mad, sure, but at least be accurate.

clubside
02-03-2014, 06:31 PM
In case Trick is reading this for follow-up comments I want to address the reward imbalance in minor arkbreaks. First, and this should apply to the WarMaster as well (though I don't care as I wish he and the game-ruining spikes added to defeat him would go away), uncommon loot should never happen. Second, and I don't know if this related to the loot table clean-up part of the comment, there needs to be more variety. I haven't seen a Castithan Spinger, VOT Needler or Castithan Weaver in weeks.

Here is an example of why uncommon loot is no reward: earlier today I took a break from development and loaded up the PS3 NA version. Now this character has never even seen a WarMaster as my connection is dropped 100% of the time trying to enter major arkbreaks, but I can call down and enter minors fine. As is sometimes the case on the PS3 version I was in a mostly empty instance with my friends list showing all red markers and going to them changing nothing. So I call down a minor in hopes someone else will show or when I enter being merged with another active group. I defeat the Dark Matter and wait a bit but no one shows or responds in area chat so I go inside. Luckily I get the red bomber version which is painful but doable solo unlike the Viscera ones where you just can't destroy and repair enough drones to finish alone (though I'm sure someone will show up to say they do it all the time, I always give up and log out [since there is no exit encounter option where is that by the way?]). So after about 8 or 10 minutes, longer than any WarMaster for sure, I finally kill off the last Bomber and helpful EGO says it's time to check the loot. A blue grenade (of which I already have purples or better of each) and two green cold fire weapons I've seen dozens of times and get immediately salvaged. That's a reward for dying dozens of times trying to kill over 20 enemies including more than a half dozen shooting homing rockets at me the entire time?

I sure hope some consideration is paid to the rewards for minor arkbreaks amongst all this hubbub regarding the WarMaster.

ColapsN7
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Да было весело arkbreaks 1.204 - 1.206 norm. , *До патча 1.207 ( щяс так сибе иногда я заглядываю в arkbreaks ) .

Haifisch
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
In case Trick is reading this for follow-up comments I want to address the reward imbalance in minor arkbreaks. First, and this should apply to the WarMaster as well (though I don't care as I wish he and the game-ruining spikes added to defeat him would go away), uncommon loot should never happen. Second, and I don't know if this related to the loot table clean-up part of the comment, there needs to be more variety. I haven't seen a Castithan Spinger, VOT Needler or Castithan Weaver in weeks.

Here is an example of why uncommon loot is no reward: earlier today I took a break from development and loaded up the PS3 NA version. Now this character has never even seen a WarMaster as my connection is dropped 100% of the time trying to enter major arkbreaks, but I can call down and enter minors fine. As is sometimes the case on the PS3 version I was in a mostly empty instance with my friends list showing all red markers and going to them changing nothing. So I call down a minor in hopes someone else will show or when I enter being merged with another active group. I defeat the Dark Matter and wait a bit but no one shows or responds in area chat so I go inside. Luckily I get the red bomber version which is painful but doable solo unlike the Viscera ones where you just can't destroy and repair enough drones to finish alone (though I'm sure someone will show up to say they do it all the time, I always give up and log out [since there is no exit encounter option where is that by the way?]). So after about 8 or 10 minutes, longer than any WarMaster for sure, I finally kill off the last Bomber and helpful EGO says it's time to check the loot. A blue grenade (of which I already have purples or better of each) and two green cold fire weapons I've seen dozens of times and get immediately salvaged. That's a reward for dying dozens of times trying to kill over 20 enemies including more than a half dozen shooting homing rockets at me the entire time?

I sure hope some consideration is paid to the rewards for minor arkbreaks amongst all this hubbub regarding the WarMaster.

That falls under the same thing as "I did 3 million damage to the Monolith and got two greens and a blue"

They only pay you for being there, not what you've accomplished or contributed (other than keys, scrip and xp)

I still feel as though ALL loot granting activities (other than coop maps) should be tier based with their rewards, like sieges.

But I'm just a player, what do I know? Nothing, in the eyes of Trion.

Amack
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Да было весело arkbreaks 1.204 - 1.206 norm. , *До патча 1.207 ( щяс так сибе иногда я заглядываю в arkbreaks ) .

gesundheit.

Arsenic_Touch
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Is this sarcasm? I can never tell. Nothing posted here will renew interest. All he did was try to cover their bases on the original drops and validate why they're still going to suck.

Holy Bahamut3
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Is this sarcasm? I can never tell. Nothing posted here will renew interest. All he did was try to cover their bases on the original drops and validate why they're still going to suck.

Yep, but at least he addressed it this time...

Amack
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
One of these days, Arsenic is going to praise something in this game... I'm not sure what... and I'm not sure when (probably around the time hell freezes over)... but it will happen! I have faith!

Market
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM

It's pretty common with games of this style to have that top tier gear drop infrequently to inspire a desire for people to engage in the event for a long period of time. Having the drop rates where they were was horrid. Fighting the Warmaster for a day or two and ending up with "one of everything" is obviously not what they intended. Some people just want it all right now, I understand, but it doesn't inspire long term play of the game.

Shoot me for it, whatever, but I like what he had to say.

Holy Bahamut3
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
One of these days, Arsenic is going to praise something in this game... I'm not sure what... and I'm not sure when (probably around the time hell freezes over)... but it will happen! I have faith!

It will be the day they stop releasing sub par glitched content.

Fuzzle
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I’ve seen a lot of talk of the legendary drop rate needing to be much higher than 6% for the Warmaster to compare to other “Raid” content. Comparing the Warmaster fight to a Raid in this fashion is plainly incorrect. You will not find a raid which can be completed in under 15 minutes. While the Warmaster is a “Raid-style” boss, he and his instance do not require near the time investment of a traditional raid. Were the Warmaster to require multiple hours to complete AND something which could only be completed a maximum of once per week, we’d definitely up the rewards. However, given that it is entirely possible to, through clever timing or luck, defeat the Warmaster several times in a single hour, we have no intention of making its rewards comparable to the raid content in other MMOs.

Comparing Warmaster to raiding is in fact a poor comparison - Agreed.
So why are you trying to emulate their rate of distribution? Seriously, the loot in Defiance is nothing like loot in an MMO. Neither in variety, design, drop chance, progression, market/trade or numerous other aspects.

I'm at a loss for words on this.
<<< Jackie Chan Meme >>>

crasher
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM

I got exactly the same lewts from the Huntmaster/Drones I solo'd yesterday.
If Sanglant hadn't responded to my S.O.S., I'd still be dying and rezzing in that one.

As it was, I only downed/rezzed 34 times until I called out, and no more times after he showed up to help.

It's a b!tch playing an MMO solo all the jekkin' time.

@ Club: I see you in the game all the time, so I know we share shards a lot, So I'm sorry you keep getting tossed. Almost never a prob for me, but I just don't bother with the WarMonkey anymore as it's just too annoying to go into one where the locks are broken at 6 people, and then 6 or 8 of the people that finally show up spend all the time crawling around like maggots on a hot sidewalk.

Amack
02-03-2014, 07:43 PM
People not communicating and calling out the target in WM was driving me nuts earlier, I had to stop.

Seriously it was like 1/4 shooting the left arm, then 1/4 shooting the right arm, 1/4 shooting the back, and finally I am pretty sure 1/4 was aiming at his left nostril.

Market
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
People not communicating and calling out the target in WM was driving me nuts earlier, I had to stop.

Seriously it was like 1/4 shooting the left arm, then 1/4 shooting the right arm, 1/4 shooting the back, and finally I am pretty sure 1/4 was aiming at his left nostril.

I always aim for the big toe on the left foot... just to be different. ;)

Deunan
02-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Comparing Warmaster to raiding is in fact a poor comparison - Agreed.
So why are you trying to emulate their rate of distribution? Seriously, the loot in Defiance is nothing like loot in an MMO. Neither in variety, design, drop chance, progression, market/trade or numerous other aspects.In what way is he trying to emulate their rate distribution? He said quite the opposite in his post. If you're talking about the rate distribution in general, there's no emulation there either. It reminds me of the low drop rate for Legendaries in another shooter, Borderlands 2.

His main point is that there's not a lot of time needed to invest in killing the Warmaster and for organized groups like clan based ones that can adopt a consistent strategy and target, it's not even that challenging for a full group of 24. It's also the fastest way for everyone to get 5 key codes, faster than any co-op or Major Arkfall can be done. If you're in a clan that can take him down, the Warmaster will offer the most return on investment for time for all categories of rewards in the game. If a player in that situation wants to cut of their nose to spite their face by abstaining from doing Major Arkbreaks just because it no longer rains down Legendaries everytime the Warmaster is killed that's their decision and their loss.

There are still a few changes that need to be implemented, i.e. a solution for lock trolling, a better way for large groups of players who want to do the internal instance together to be able enter the same instance and a better means of communicating inside with each other than using outside third party software for voice chat. Once those are addressed, the issues that can frustrate clan or other coordinated large groups from killing the Warmaster will be almost nil for those groups and will even help PUGs to be more consistent in killing him.

Deunan
02-03-2014, 08:15 PM
People not communicating and calling out the target in WM was driving me nuts earlier.It would help of chat actually worked properly. I always ask in /team what we're shooting at but if I get there late no one will usually even see it and some players never bother looking before he's released even if we're waiting for a while. I can pretty much tell how the it's going to go by the number of responses I get.

One thing about choosing the back as a target is it can get communicated with visual cues as well. A large cluster of players lined up at his back before the locks are broken is one. A similarly large group of player's grouped to the right of him close to the wall when he's hanging is another. If I don't see either then I'll aim for the right arm.

clubside
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
@ Club: I see you in the game all the time, so I know we share shards a lot, So I'm sorry you keep getting tossed. Almost never a prob for me, but I just don't bother with the WarMonkey anymore as it's just too annoying to go into one where the locks are broken at 6 people, and then 6 or 8 of the people that finally show up spend all the time crawling around like maggots on a hot sidewalk.

Never get tossed on PC. I have 2 PCs set up for Defiance plus an Xbox 360 and PS3. All are wired to the same router and here's what I get:

PC: Never get dropped, never get load-in problems
Xbox 360: dropped 75% of the time trying to enter major arkbreak, no load-in problems, occasional drops for no reason
PS3: dropped 100% of the time trying to enter major arkbreak, continual load-in problems even after having been connected for hours, lots of drops for no reason

I only show for the monkey when friends whisper on PC and I'm paying attention (nowadays I'm normally in development and just stay logged in to answer questions and do trades) but I loathe the encounter. Anything where 1/3 of the available weapon types are useless unless you intend to fail is a bad design decision. And that's the least of that piece of schtako's problems.

Amack
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
It would help of chat actually worked properly.

There always tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Fuzzle
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
In what way is he trying to emulate their rate distribution? He said quite the opposite in his post. If you're talking about the rate distribution in general, there's no emulation there either. It reminds me of the low drop rate for Legendaries in another shooter, Borderlands 2.

I'm referring to trying to reduce the rate to a point where it takes a week of doing an encounter to get a similar reward set to what you would get in an MMO in a week with a lockout timer, as that's how I'm reading his logic.

I definitely don't see the resemblance to Borderlands 2, as I never had issues getting the legendaries I wanted in that game. They drop like candy, and that wasn't a bad thing.

Holy Bahamut3
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM

I'm surprised nobody put this here yet...

crasher
02-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Never get tossed on PC. I have 2 PCs set up for Defiance plus an Xbox 360 and PS3. All are wired to the same router and here's what I get:

<snip>
Ahhh, had no idea you were playing for the other teams as well.
I have enough trouble with one system, good on ya for being able to keep it all straight.
:)

Amack
02-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Crasher is a 1 system kinda guy... a 16 'toon' and 1 system kinda guy.

Toon A
Toon B
Toon C
Toon D
Toon E
Toon F
Toon G
Toon... whats next... google.. Toon H!

crasher
02-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Crasher is a 1 system kinda guy... a 16 'toon' and 1 system kinda guy.

Toon A
Toon B
Toon C
Toon D
Toon E
Toon F
Toon G
Toon... whats next... google.. Toon H!
I don't break my good weapons down.
I just pass 'em along to my newest 'toons :)

Gazz
02-03-2014, 08:50 PM

As always... ColapsN7 nailed it. :D

Deunan
02-03-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm referring to trying to reduce the rate to a point where it takes a week of doing an encounter to get a similar reward set to what you would get in an MMO in a week with a lockout timer, as that's how I'm reading his logic.I didn't infer that at all from his post. He referred to the frequency of raid boss content but it was by no means an expression that the new drop rate is designed to cause players to only receive one legendary a week for doing a Major Arkbreaks. It will depend on how many of them a player does a week which will vary significantly from player to player, but at 6% it could be less or more than one a week depending on how often a player does them a week. As I understand it, 6% is a higher drop rate than from any other source in the game for legendary items so it remains the best return on investment of time for getting a legendary item.

I definitely don't see the resemblance to Borderlands 2, as I never had issues getting the legendaries I wanted in that game. They drop like candy, and that wasn't a bad thing.Not for the core game. The drop rate for legendary items in normal and true vault hunter modes is extremely low in solo mode, and for the actual Legendary you're trying to farm it can take dozens upon dozens of kills over time before it drops for you (or it may not drop at all). There are players that farmed the boss with the best chance of dropping a specific legendary item over a hundred times without it dropping.

TalynOne
02-03-2014, 09:21 PM
I didn't infer that at all from his post. He referred to the frequency of raid boss content but it was by no means an expression that the new drop rate is designed to cause players to only receive one legendary a week for doing a Major Arkbreaks. It will depend on how many of them a player does a week which will vary significantly from player to player, but at 6% it could be less or more than one a week depending on how often a player does them a week. As I understand it, 6% is a higher drop rate than from any other source in the game for legendary items so it remains the best return on investment of time for getting a legendary item.
Not for the core game. The drop rate for legendary items in normal and true vault hunter modes is extremely low in solo mode, and for the actual Legendary you're trying to farm it can take dozens upon dozens of kills over time before it drops for you (or it may not drop at all). There are players that farmed the boss with the best chance of dropping a specific legendary item over a hundred times without it dropping.

Farming for a legendary in Borderlands 2 requires MUCH less effort. Yeah you can farm a boss dozens of times and not get anything, but doing a dozen runs for a boss like Hunter Helquest or Knuckle Dragger literally takes less than 10 minutes. Where as one fight with a Warmaster takes a major site to pop up, four batteries, a group of people who know what they're doing to do a successful run (a challenge within itself), luck that some noob or troll won't ruin the run by breaking the locks early, and about 10-15 min per run from the outside to finish to maybe get a legendary that is desired.

ColapsN7
02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Желаю удачной ;) работе программирования Server:cool: .

Amack
02-03-2014, 09:38 PM
luck that some noob or troll won't ruin the run by breaking the locks early...

That is the big one right there, and I am willing to bet it will not *always* be this way.
The fact that it has to be this way currently, should not affect the drop rate.

Chump Norris
02-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Well that sucks but it is Trion so im not surprised.

ironcladtrash
02-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Farming for a legendary in Borderlands 2 requires MUCH less effort. Yeah you can farm a boss dozens of times and not get anything, but doing a dozen runs for a boss like Hunter Helquest or Knuckle Dragger literally takes less than 10 minutes. Where as one fight with a Warmaster takes a major site to pop up, four batteries, a group of people who know what they're doing to do a successful run (a challenge within itself), luck that some noob or troll won't ruin the run by breaking the locks early, and about 10-15 min per run from the outside to finish to maybe get a legendary that is desired.

Also add the fact that most of the legendaries suck. Even when the war master had a higher legendary drop chance with all the times we beat him I never got one I liked that wasn't given to me by a clan member. If the legendary weapons were truly legendary I would be ok with a 6% chance.

I want to come back and play but Trion makes it easy to stay away with decisions like this.

Amack
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Nobody (Except maybe Overtkill) wants one of those Orange lightning rifles, thunderer pistols, or typhoon AR (not the one with the x on it) like I DO.

I am waiting for the day when we see one of those shown here in the forums.

If you look at it from this perspective... 6% is reasonable.

Arsenic_Touch
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM

I have praised this game plenty when it's actually earned.

Amack
02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
I have praised this game plenty when it's actually earned.

My apologies, I just missed it.

Umfafa
02-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Nobody (Except maybe Overtkill) wants one of those Orange lightning rifles, thunderer pistols, or typhoon AR (not the one with the x on it) like I DO.

I am waiting for the day when we see one of those shown here in the forums.

If you look at it from this perspective... 6% is reasonable.

Shoulda hit me up on Hulkercafe. I've sold 3 or more of those.....oh, no wait. those were X AR's.

Deunan
02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Farming for a legendary in Borderlands 2 requires MUCH less effort. Yeah you can farm a boss dozens of times and not get anything, but doing a dozen runs for a boss like Hunter Helquest or Knuckle Dragger literally takes less than 10 minutes.Try 5 dozen times because that's how many times some players, myself included, would kill him before a Bee would drop and Hellquist and Knuckle Dragger are two of the easiest bosses in the game. It takes longer to spawn and farm a boss like Vermivorous for a Norfleet or to farm other bosses like BNK3R for a Sham. I could farm a boss for a few hours a day for half a week and not see the legendary I want drop. Time =/= effort. Neither do batteries or the likelihood of a site popping up.

Regardless of the time it takes, the drop frequencies are similar for regular and true vault hunter modes when soloing the game to the drop rates for good OJ's in this game. You could kill a boss 60 times in Borderlands 2 without seeing the drop you want or you could farm it 1 time and get what you want just like players in Defiance can purchase 60 tier lock boxes without a decent OJ or get 2 good ones on the first one they purchase for the week.

Tekrunner
02-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Borderlands 2

Also, there's a pretty significant difference with Borderlands 2. It's not an MMO, saves are local, so it's very easy to give yourself whatever loot you want (not to mention that Gearbox clearly tolerates item duping). Sure, that may cheapen the experience and some may refuse to do it, but I've personally done that for a few guns after killing their associated boss several dozen times. I just couldn't take the grinding anymore. There's no such failsafe mechanism in Defiance.

As for Trick's post... it's too little, too late for me. I already have a whole bunch of WM purples and oranges, what I would want is better versions of them. That means either an orange instead of a purple, or an orange with better nano / synergy / mastery than what I currently have. With a 6% legendary drop rate my chances of getting anything I want is too low, so I can't see myself going back to fighting the WM as much as I used to. I'm sure it's not a big deal if I don't, but if other veteran players think the same way, then it's going to be a problem, as few WM runs will succeed. From what I've heard it's already what has been happening on PC EU, and I'm not convinced that a 6% rate is enough to turn the tide.

KylieDog
02-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Makes DLC2 pretty worthless then.

Only reason to bother with Warmaster was the fact got an orange so often. Most Warmaster attempts fail still on PS3 because so many people get booted from game trying to enter and usually some noob who did get in opens locks with about 10 people present, despite players telling him to stop.

On PS3 at least they need raise the droprrate of Orange weapons because they sure as hell cannot seem to fix joining the raid and that directly leads to failed raids.

Nashtalia
02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
more epic loot and more items to go into my shoppe' ... since when DLC 3 is live, 6% is the chance of a LEGENDARY from the WMD, just like hitting up EPIC boxes...well actually i think 1% of a LEGENDARY from a EPIC box

DSW
02-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Makes DLC2 pretty worthless then.

Only reason to bother with Warmaster was the fact got an orange so often. Most Warmaster attempts fail still on PS3 because so many people get booted from game trying to enter and usually some noob who did get in opens locks with about 10 people present, despite players telling him to stop.

On PS3 at least they need raise the droprrate of Orange weapons because they sure as hell cannot seem to fix joining the raid and that directly leads to failed raids.

OJ is meant to be somewhat exclusive. so if it would drop, say, in one of 3-4 raids, it will devalue into oblivion. what's the point of all it after all if anybody, even noobs, would be able to grind Uber-gun in no time?

TalynOne
02-04-2014, 12:36 PM
OJ is meant to be somewhat exclusive. so if it would drop, say, in one of 3-4 raids, it will devalue into oblivion. what's the point of all it after all if anybody, even noobs, would be able to grind Uber-gun in no time?

Because, as IronClad mentioned it really doesn't work that way.

90%+ of legendaries in a game like Borderlands 2 are awesome and worth keeping. Most legendaries in Defiance are horri-ibad, either because it's a weapon no one uses because it's garbage, or because the rolls, synergies or masteries possibly make an even blue counter-part better. Most oranges I have earned in Defiance I have given away or immediately sold back to the vendor because they're garbage. Of the over hundred+ runs I've done of the Warmaster, earning 30+ oranges I actively use 1-2 weapons (clusterdrop detonator, and canoneer proliferator, I've actually stopped using the clusterdop) and possibly would use a third (poop shoes canoneeer springer). Also even when the drop rate was high I and others ran into dry spells where we did 15+ runs without an orange drop.

Drewbud
02-05-2014, 04:02 AM
... I’ve seen a lot of talk of the legendary drop rate needing to be much higher than 6% for the Warmaster to compare to other “Raid” content. Comparing the Warmaster fight to a Raid in this fashion is plainly incorrect. You will not find a raid which can be completed in under 15 minutes. While the Warmaster is a “Raid-style” boss, he and his instance do not require near the time investment of a traditional raid. Were the Warmaster to require multiple hours to complete AND something which could only be completed a maximum of once per week, we’d definitely up the rewards. However, given that it is entirely possible to, through clever timing or luck, defeat the Warmaster several times in a single hour, we have no intention of making its rewards comparable to the raid content in other MMOs.

On a rewards per hour measure, the Warmaster is still a contender for the most efficient way to earn legendary weapons. You are still earning keycodes, which buy lockboxes, and you are also running a not-insignificant chance of earning legendary weapons which have a boost over similar weapons earned from lockboxes. (As lockboxes never drop the Arkbreaker exclusive weapons.) Also, if you defeat the Warmaster, you are guaranteed an epic Arkbreaker weapon. It has an incredibly generous reward-to-time ratio.

One thing that doesn't fit with comparing defiance lego's to any other game is the amount of legos you throw away immediately. The ones with craptastic roll. These shouldn't even count, but you count them as obtained lego's. You want to compare this to standard raiding? Then compare how many time you need to run WM to get a Lego that fits your play-style and has good rolls. I am sure that you spend more time throwing away Defiance legos then killing trash mobs in a different style of raid system.

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 04:29 AM
Consider yourself lucky... the stability is horrible, and so are the drops. I'll stick with running minors, but that will only get me so far!

Surprise surprise pause not.

i prefer minor arks too.
i end up solo in a lot of them for some reason. i work my *** off and have never died so many times in any other encounter in the game. hopefully i make it to the end b4 it zones me out
and i still get 2 useless greens and a consumable i cant pick up.

JEMINAI
02-05-2014, 04:32 AM
One thing that doesn't fit with comparing defiance lego's to any other game is the amount of legos you throw away immediately. The ones with craptastic roll. These shouldn't even count, but you count them as obtained lego's. You want to compare this to standard raiding? Then compare how many time you need to run WM to get a Lego that fits your play-style and has good rolls. I am sure that you spend more time throwing away Defiance legos then killing trash mobs in a different style of raid system.

oh! they have some idea about "other MMOs'???
/faints

DanteYoda
02-05-2014, 07:33 AM
The whole loot system (outside of lockboxes) is trash, if its not fixed asap i think i'll search another game, i have an invite from Everquest Next i might take that up...

KylieDog
02-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Did they nerf him? Killed him a bunch of times last night including when we only had 11 or so people (but it was close...4 seconds left when he died).

Rienen
02-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Did they nerf him? Killed him a bunch of times last night including when we only had 11 or so people (but it was close...4 seconds left when he died).

Not that I've noticed. Then again, out of the half a dozen groups I've been in since the DLC dropped, only one was focused on a single breakpoint. The rest split the damage between arm and back leading to him escaping.

Alariea
02-05-2014, 10:18 AM

You don't understand how this binomial (heads/tails, pass/fail, legendary/no legendary) statistic works. By your thinking, if I flip a coin twice I am guaranteed a head, since its a 50% chance to get a head. That's not how it works. You have a 75% chance of getting at least one head, if you flip a coin twice (heads tails, tails heads, heads heads) and a 25% chance of getting no heads at all (tails tails). With 3 coin tosses there is still a non-negligible chance of getting no heads (.5 to the 3rd power or 12.5%).

the 6% chance just denotes the percentage of "successes" over a large number of samples (i.e. hundreds of wm kills). 30 times on a binomial test is a pitifully small sample size to make your "0%" claim, especially when testing for something that only has a 6% "success" rate. If I did my math correctly there is a 15.6% chance for 1 person to get no legendaries over 30 wm kills at a 6% success rate (basically the chance of getting a non legendary 30 times or (.94) to the 30th power). So you would have a better chance of getting no legendaries in 30 WM kills than you would to get no heads in 3 coin tosses.

So while it still is possible that the drop rate is not what they initially claimed (as it has happened on occasion in the past), your experience with 30 WM kills is in no way valid proof of it.

TASHINKA
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Did they nerf him? Killed him a bunch of times last night including when we only had 11 or so people (but it was close...4 seconds left when he died).What system are you on? I'm on PS3 & have been unsuccessful many times recently (at least 20) even with the room completely full. Some guy was telling me to shoot the back last night - so I tried that - didn't even break the armor. Problem with that is everyone needs to concentrate on the same area - otherwise, some on back, some on right arm = armor not breaking. Maybe others on PS3 are killing him & I'm in the wrong groups lol

Giren
02-05-2014, 04:25 PM
The issues with Warmaster loot started with its release. Initially, the special loot roll for defeating the Warmaster contained Uncommon and Rare weapons, as well as incorrectly doling out the credit for defeating him. (Only the player who scored the final shot received the token for killing the Warmaster. This meant the pursuit was very hard to complete.) Additionally, the Legendary weapon rewards were weighted ALMOST evenly with the other rarities. This lead to a lot of players getting garbage greens from completing the Warmaster fight, and between 16% and 25% of players that were present for defeating the Warmaster getting Legendary weapons.

These two fixes went in at the same time:
• Defeating the Volge Warmaster now correctly gives credit to all ark hunters in the encounter.
• Cleaned up loot table for Warmaster and arkbreaks to include base versions of cold fire weapons. Their chances of rolling were very low. (In the case of the battle rifle, non-existent.)
The first was accomplished by splitting up the “Win” and “Lose” tables into entirely separate tables. (Rather than adding a roll to a different table.) At this time, the Uncommons and Rares were pulled from the “Legendary Chance” loot roll.
The second was done simultaneously and went in with the loot pass which made charge weapons, infectors, rocket launchers, and BMGs less common in loot. (And made certain specific weapons incredibly uncommon as an effect.)

The effects of these two checkins compounded to make the legendary drop from the Warmaster not a 1 in 20, but a 1 in 100 chance. Since the intention was that each full group of players fighting the Warmaster see between one and two players receiving legendary weapons, this balance was unsustainable. With the 7th Legion update, the legendary drop rate goes to 6%.

Hey trick what BS will you spout when the game is dead in 2 months(pc)/4 months(console). You saw the mass exodus when diablo 3 came out to consoles. Yet you still feed us with this same BS. What will your excuse be when ESO comes out? heck what about destiny? You know your day of reckoning is coming. Yet you still treat the players like ****. I am guessing that you re just trying to rush out any crap and call it dlc to avoid being sued by the season pass owners. After that I am either guessing you are planning to shut this thing down. It's the only logical conclusion to come from your, an trion's actions.

But guess what time is not on your side. you only have 2 more months to release 2 more dlcs before you default on the season pass owners. I can't wait for the **** storm that will bring. All I can say is tick tock, tick tock the clock is about to run out. I can't wait to see how you hang yourselves this time

Albion
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
For what its worth, I just got an orange Zagger from the WM, first time in with him since the patch.

Amack
02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Communicate with each other before a WM fight by using /team blah blah blah.

Overtkill21
02-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Communicate with each other before a WM fight by using /team blah blah blah.

Yeah, it'd be nice if that actually worked on PS3 - it doesn't.

Amack
02-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Dang, that really does bite the big one.

ten4
02-05-2014, 05:16 PM
The issues with...

Take a bit of a break some time, down load Warframe, and see how a online PvE TPS is properly run and maintained imo.

Up the drop rates in all things, there is simply no reason to punish what players you have left. ie. tell the bean counters to stuff it and make Defiance FUN and REWARDING for once. Please?

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 05:41 PM
So 10 warmasters later, all winners. Not a single orange. Let's give trion a round of applause.

Amack
02-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Keep going Arsenic! You will eventually roll 94 or greater!

Market
02-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Keep going Arsenic! You will eventually roll 94 or greater!

95 or greater... I didn't want him to get his hopes up *too* high... ;)

maverick07
02-05-2014, 06:43 PM

I've used it and seen it being used before? Unless the recent chat update screwed something up with being able to do /team.

I haven't even been in a WM since the update yesterday thought I want to give the drop rates a try. Every time I thought about calling one down no one else was around.