PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody stopped to think how many batteries we'll save not doing WM breaks?

crasher
01-31-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm just thinking that those Daily/Weekly reward boxes are really gonna start stacking up....

Too bad we can't cash 'em in.

rebtattoo
01-31-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm just thinking that those Daily/Weekly reward boxes are really gonna start stacking up....

Too bad we can't cash 'em in.You can. I cashed in around 20 of 'em last night...

Valethar
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Too bad we can't salvage the batteries.

Umfafa
01-31-2014, 10:50 PM
How many batteries we may save by NOT doing content?

Not sure I heard you right, just checking. :)

Amack
01-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Until you see "Non-DLC owners may now use Batteries, and they are tradeable" you have nothing to worry about.

Danke
01-31-2014, 11:29 PM
a bunch... a must have at least 30 daily claims and 4-5 weekly claims, sure that math doesnt quite add up but having over 700 items in my claim items and the way the rewards get broken up into 3 different sections among all that crap, haven't bothered to count it. I do I know I claimed about 8 daily batteries, ever. maybe less

crasher
01-31-2014, 11:42 PM
You can. I cashed in around 20 of 'em last night...
I had no idea.
I bought some DLC-2s to help out my brothers and sisters, but stopped doing the WMs a while ago. It just wasn't paying off worth a damn. So I'd drop a Batt on a site, beat up on the guys outside and skate.

I went to some minor sites pads, put out a msg that I was calling one in 90 or 120 seconds and wait.
Nobody showed up and I got tired of doing them alone, so I stopped bothering with that, too.

a bunch... a must have at least 30 daily claims and 4-5 weekly claims, sure that math doesnt quite add up but having over 700 items in my claim items and the way the rewards get broken up into 3 different sections among all that crap, haven't bothered to count it. I do I know I claimed about 8 daily batteries, ever. maybe less
62 Daily and 11 Weekly.

DanteYoda
02-01-2014, 12:09 AM
You can. I cashed in around 20 of 'em last night...
I have similar in my claims, WM is craptastic so i ignore it.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:19 AM
I am so glad Trion has the good sense to not take most of this seriously.
I'm tired of people trying to tell them, if you give us good loot, we will play your game...
Things like difficulty, strategy, and teamwork have no place here... just give us oranges, k thx...
I honestly have to wonder what is going on in your heads sometimes (I am sure that goes both ways)

DanteYoda
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm tired of people trying to tell them, if you give us good loot, we will play your game...
Things like difficulty, strategy, and teamwork have no place here... just give us oranges, k thx...
I honestly have to wonder what is going on in your heads sometimes (I am sure that goes both ways)

Yes well...like say doing content over and over for nothing... like a rat in a treadmill always makes people happy

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Can only speak for myself, but I still enjoy doing it... and I don't even own the DLC!

Pro Tip: Don't do anything repeatedly enough to get sick of it... especially in a game.

DanteYoda
02-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Can only speak for myself, but I still enjoy doing it... and I don't even own the DLC!

Well i'm glad someone enjoys it because many do not.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Well i'm glad someone enjoys it because many do not.

Many need to ask themselves, why don't they enjoy it? They used to?

Maybe they don't enjoy it anymore because he bugs in the wall so much less?

I just can't figure it out.

Could it be Trion knows better than to listen to the rabble and instead pay attention to concrete evidence, such as encounter statistics like the number of warmaster instances that were created in a given day, week, or month.

You guys can spin it all you want.
The fact remains, every single time I log in and run to a major site... it gets used. Maybe they don't win all the time, but the instance is created nonetheless.

Arsenic_Touch
02-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Or you know because they ruined the drops? It's not rocket surgery.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Or you know because they ruined the drops? It's not rocket surgery.

You mean the orange rate or the variety?

The variety is a much larger and more serious issue.

The orange rate is not.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Double posted my bad.

Critical Errors
02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
The answer is 4.

Arsenic_Touch
02-01-2014, 12:56 AM
People stop doing them because they screwed up the legendary drops, yet clearly the legendary drops are not the reason. Go figure.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:56 AM
The answer is 4.

So you don't enjoy warmaster anymore because of 4? So sad.

DSW
02-01-2014, 12:57 AM
I went to some minor sites pads, put out a msg that I was calling one in 90 or 120 seconds and wait.
Nobody showed up and I got tired of doing them alone, so I stopped bothering with that, too.

thanks to borked chat system, yeah. nobody reads it, but they DO look at the map, at least here on PC/EU

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:58 AM
People stop doing them because they screwed up the legendary drops, yet clearly the legendary drops are not the reason. Go figure.

I understand completely what you are saying Arsenic. I just haven't seen that drop off to be dramatic enough to warrant any concern. Now you know a lot more people than I do, so I understand if you have a different perspective, I am just stating mine is all.

I was also trying to draw attention to the fact, that when it comes to people telling a game developer what is going on inside their own game... they don't tend to pay much attention. They do pay attention to the reports they receive on a regular basis however, regarding things like population and activity levels.

It amuses me when someone rants about no one in the game.
You can save your energy on those as well.
Trion will notice the population and activity levels dropping well before a player will.
They do have counter-measures.

Critical Errors
02-01-2014, 01:00 AM
So you don't enjoy warmaster anymore because of 4? So sad.

No, that was the tro... er... answer to how many batteries we will save. 4. F.O.U.R.

crasher
02-01-2014, 07:23 AM
I understand completely what you are saying Arsenic. I just haven't seen that drop off to be dramatic enough to warrant any concern. Now you know a lot more people than I do, so I understand if you have a different perspective, I am just stating mine is all.

I was also trying to draw attention to the fact, that when it comes to people telling a game developer what is going on inside their own game... they don't tend to pay much attention. They do pay attention to the reports they receive on a regular basis however, regarding things like population and activity levels.

It amuses me when someone rants about no one in the game.
You can save your energy on those as well.
Trion will notice the population and activity levels dropping well before a player will.
They do have counter-measures.

They already dropped the price about as much as they can short of paying people an hourly fee to play.

They had problems deciding whether they should fix bugs or not.
They chose to fix grenades instead of chat.
They chose to fix perk stacking instead of glitched weapons/shields.
It took them about 6 weeks to get around to releasing the patch that fixed aerial bombardment of Scrapper minors.
They dragged azz on on a hundred things.
And chat still doesn't work.

So ppl leave.
TRION thinks they'll give the game away and make up the $$ difference in the cosplay cash shop for 4 times what ppl seem to be willing to pay.
But they hadn't fixed General Steve yet, at that point.
Or the chat.

They fixed Steve in time for hardly anybody to notice, because the main wave of humanity had already been here and left.

So they decide to string us along with 'The most AMAZing story line is coming out in DLC-3, to make up for all of the above, and, well, DLC's 1 and 2 being a little light....'.

"NO!!1!, WAIT!!1!. Did we say '3'? We meant '4', yeah, '4'....."

Meanwhile, it's looking like buying DLC-3 is going to be like getting a box from Amazon with nothing but packing peanuts and a bill for $10.00 in it.

Yep.
This is gonna be fun if the chat (you know... a bug fix patch, not DLC material that should WAIT for a DLC) is anything much less then telepathy at this point.

And they're still working on the PC HD grafix implementation (that Trick told us close to 2 months ago during a live stream was already on our computers) with no release info other than '****'.
(Yeah, I know, even the forum software is starting to consider 's*o*o*n' to be a four letter word.)

Amack
02-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Yep, price dropping would be used in the case of a low account creation statistic.
It would having nothing to do with keeping people in the game though.
If activity drops in the game, they just turn boosts on for a weekend, and activity level skyrockets.

I would like to think they learned some lessons from last year.
We won't know until the end of this year if that is true or not.

One of the few things I don't agree with you so strongly about is the impact that these things have had.

Sure, people you know or chatted with may have left.
What we don't know is how many new people came in at the same time they left.
Technically, server population may have stayed even, lost some, or actually gained some.

The leader and officers in my clan are recruiting like non-stop most days. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Yet somehow, my friends list does not shrink, more and more active people show up on my list over time, it has not lessened yet.

The current cutoff in my friends list is 10 days inactive. If I let more people stay in there I literally don't have room to add more active friends... I constantly battle that.

crasher
02-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Yep, price dropping would be used in the case of a low account creation statistic.
It would having nothing to do with keeping people in the game though.
If activity drops in the game, they just turn boosts on for a weekend, and activity level skyrockets.

I would like to think they learned some lessons from last year.
We won't know until the end of this year if that is true or not.

One of the few things I don't agree with you so strongly about is the impact that these things have had.

Sure, people you know or chatted with may have left.
What we don't know is how many new people came in at the same time they left.
Technically, server population may have stayed even, lost some, or actually gained some.

The leader and officers in my clan are recruiting like non-stop most days. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Yet somehow, my friends list does not shrink, more and more active people show up on my list over time, it has not lessened yet.

The current cutoff in my friends list is 10 days inactive. If I let more people stay in there I literally don't have room to add more active friends... I constantly battle that.

Spin it however you want, but a 10 day churn period is not the sign of a healthy game.

These are players that have to be cultivated, so they stick around long enough to use the cash shop if TRION is going to make any money with the next-least-expensive tier just above F2P.
Hopefully they stick around because they like the game, and not just install it, walk around for 35 minutes and delete it.
Those kinds of people tend to tell friends to not bother.

They're not milk with a 4 day expiration period.

I said in a previous thread:
You can shear a sheep it's whole life.
You can only skin it once.

Yer gonna run outta sheep at this rate.

Amack
02-01-2014, 08:52 AM
They could actually continue this way for quite awhile more should they so choose. Especially with an entire new season of the show coming up.

You are right, it won't last forever.

The new people we have to look forward to, will have a working chat most likely.
They will enter the game and find many more events on their map.
Many won't have a clue what happened during season 1, unless they read up.

There is light at the end of this tunnel, I see it. We just have to keep shoving them towards it.

You're a businessman Crasher. You know when revenue drops, so does the overhead. They maintain a positive cash flow. I would bet my own money on it.

Manstan
02-01-2014, 08:56 AM
It's a train.

3rdpig
02-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Spin it however you want, but a 10 day churn period is not the sign of a healthy game.

I said in a previous thread:
You can shear a sheep it's whole life.
You can only skin it once.

Yer gonna run outta sheep at this rate.

They don't need a lifetime supply of sheep, all they need is enough to take them to their contract end date, which I'm guessing is at the 1 year point after release. I say that's all they need because I'm willing to bet that they gave up on any hopes of contract renewal months ago. Like when they fired all those original devs.

Amack
02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
If the game was in any sort of peril, we would see boosts every weekend. It is that simple.

It costs them 0 dollars to turn those on, and when they do, their numbers jump on all levels.
They don't feel the need to do that very often for some reason.

Manstan
02-01-2014, 09:08 AM
They don't need a lifetime supply of sheep, all they need is enough to take them to their contract end date, which I'm guessing is at the 1 year point after release. I say that's all they need because I'm willing to bet that they gave up on any hopes of contract renewal months ago. Like when they fired all those original devs.

That wasn't just defiance, that was Trion over all, so it effects more then just this game.

TalynOne
02-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I spend more time on the forums than the game these days, not joking. The forums have more content and entertainment value.

lifeexpectancy
02-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Yeah because repeatedly doing the WM when you so rarely ever get an OJ is worth the hassle. It would be one thing if it were dynamic but its the same ****ing fight every time. That gets old after a while. I did it over 100 times successfully and only had 2 oranges to show for my troubles. If thats the reward rate for something as boring and repetitious as that, most people with any sense abandon it.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah because repeatedly doing the WM when you so rarely ever get an OJ is worth the hassle. It would be one thing if it were dynamic but its the same ****ing fight every time. That gets old after a while. I did it over 100 times successfully and only had 2 oranges to show for my troubles. If thats the reward rate for something as boring and repetitious as that, most people with any sense abandon it.I think this is the point Amack is trying to make. If the game and activities in it are fun, the reward shouldn't matter. I do all sorts of things in game and the reward for it is the last concern I have. I just enjoy doing them.

Would really enjoy to do my episode missions again, alas, that is being dealt with and hopefully "soon".

I am playing a bit of devil's advocate here. I understand both sides and agree. Things need to change. Things need to be fixed, rather than jimmy-rigged and swept under the rug.

But, bottom line is, either the game is enjoyed or it isn't. If someone doesn't like the core basis of the game, no amount of fixes, loot boosts, or unicorn farts will keep them playing.

Amack
02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Thx Reb, I wasn't gonna bother.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
On topic.

Crasher - you can claim all your daily and weekly rewards. you will lose all your batteries in the process. Also, make sure to use your keys periodically, as you don't want to lose any of those. All the scrip and salvage is claimed also. I was an easy way for me to deplete a sliver of my claims. LOL

Manstan
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
I think this is the point Amack is trying to make. If the game and activities in it are fun, the reward shouldn't matter. I do all sorts of things in game and the reward for it is the last concern I have. I just enjoy doing them.

Would really enjoy to do my episode missions again, alas, that is being dealt with and hopefully "soon".

I am playing a bit of devil's advocate here. I understand both sides and agree. Things need to change. Things need to be fixed, rather than jimmy-rigged and swept under the rug.

But, bottom line is, either the game is enjoyed or it isn't. If someone doesn't like the core basis of the game, no amount of fixes, loot boosts, or unicorn farts will keep them playing.

Agree. Like I said once I finished the missions there just wasn't anything to keep me in game. Arkfalls and sieges get boring quick. I've thought about doing the missions again simply because I'm bored and haven't found another game to play.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Agree. Like I said once I finished the missions there just wasn't anything to keep me in game. Arkfalls and sieges get boring quick. I've thought about doing the missions again simply because I'm bored and haven't found another game to play.I made an elaborate list of shyte I did last night. Suffice it to say, hit wrong button. Will summarize;

I did a lot of shyte last night and played for 5 hours. Had fun.

Amack
02-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I made an elaborate list of shyte I did last night. Suffice it to say, hit wrong button. Will summarize;

I did a lot of shyte last night and played for 5 hours. Had fun.

But did you get any oranges? Cause it's broken! You are so weird for playing while it's broken!

hey u
02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I find doing minor falls have become most fun. I never get booted when trying to enter them and putting on crap weapons on top of just 2-3 players to a minor fall has proven to be most challenging and a most satisfying of a battle. IDK why Trion doesn't delete the entry points to a major and put the entry point from a minor to a major because I never get booted while entering a minor but always with a major I get the boot.

Amack
02-01-2014, 11:06 AM
I find doing minor falls have become most fun. I never get booted when trying to enter them and putting on crap weapons on top of just 2-3 players to a minor fall has proven to be most challenging and a most satisfying of a battle. IDK why Trion doesn't delete the entry points to a major and put the entry point from a minor to a major because I never get booted while entering a minor but always with a major I get the boot.

You're awesome Hey U... I don't think anyone has come up with a similar fix like you just did.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 12:10 PM
But did you get any oranges? Cause it's broken! You are so weird for playing while it's broken!Reckon I'm weird then. I have more oranges than I can use. Hell, I have 30 on baby toon selling on Hulker Cafe, 90% of them for less than 50k. And, have given several away!

My line of work is a cash business. Tips aren't required but appreciated. Some ppl do, some don't. I love my work. can't imagine doing anything else, tips or not.

Oranges, to me are tips. I play the game and on occasion am pleasantly surprised with a nice "tip".

To be honest, the WM drop rate was ridiculously high. I amassed quite a stockpile for very little work. The system did need work. My only issue is the ninja nerfs and denial. But, that's a different thread.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I was just kidding with ya, because I know your head is on straight, well straight enough anyways.

crasher
02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
They could actually continue this way for quite awhile more should they so choose. Especially with an entire new season of the show coming up.

You are right, it won't last forever.

The new people we have to look forward to, will have a working chat most likely.
They will enter the game and find many more events on their map.
Many won't have a clue what happened during season 1, unless they read up.

There is light at the end of this tunnel, I see it. We just have to keep shoving them towards it.

You're a businessman Crasher. You know when revenue drops, so does the overhead. They maintain a positive cash flow. I would bet my own money on it.

Overhead is a fixed cost.
It doesn't drop with business volume, even though exceeding a ceiling can/may/will bring about a rise in variable costs / unit.
EDIT: 'Cost/Unit' is an incorrect phrase and concept here, As I was mentally referring to 'blocks of production', which causes the costs to vary upwards as a function of gross production. I completely mangled the 'put it on the screen' part of the exercise'.
Apologies.

Keeping the lights on at the server farm, and the servers running is a fixed cost whether 1 person or 1000 are logged in. (It's a stairstep function that increases with load that we'll ignore here).

Barring scarcity, if you want to increase the value of the product to the consumer, then you have to add value at the back end, which translates to DLCs.
To write/debug the DLCs you have to add a variable cost depending on resources allocated and a labor-burdon dependent on the minions.

The only way to lower the outgo when the income drops is to fire the devs.
Which leads to us/now, with no DLCs.
In which case, TRION'S upkeep will be their downfall.

================================

I think this is the point Amack is trying to make. If the game and activities in it are fun, the reward shouldn't matter.

<snip>

It also boils down to the fact that a quality game can get boring if there is no change evar.

'D*i*c*k and Jane go to the park with their dog Tip' may have been the coolest thing you ever read, the first 42 times you read it when you were '6'.

Do you even know where that book is anymore?

====================

I find doing minor falls have become most fun.
<snip>
I get mostly greens from Minors anymore, whether I solo them, or go in with several people.

It's just as boring as doing a WM with crap rewards.
Half the fun is the anticipation.
A whole lot fewer people would put up Christmas trees the second and third years if there wasn't anything under 'em on Dec 25 to look forward to..

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Overhead is a fixed cost.
It doesn't drop with business volume, even though exceeding a ceiling can/may/will bring about a rise in variable costs / unit.
EDIT: 'Cost/Unit' is an incorrect phrase and concept here, As I was mentally referring to 'blocks of production', which causes the costs to vary upwards as a function of gross production. I completely mangled the 'put it on the screen' part of the exercise'.
Apologies.

Keeping the lights on at the server farm, and the servers running is a fixed cost whether 1 person or 1000 are logged in. (It's a stairstep function that increases with load that we'll ignore here).

Barring scarcity, if you want to increase the value of the product to the consumer, then you have to add value at the back end, which translates to DLCs.
To write/debug the DLCs you have to add a variable cost depending on resources allocated and a labor-burdon dependent on the minions.

The only way to lower the outgo when the income drops is to fire the devs.
Which leads to us/now, with no DLCs.
In which case, TRION'S upkeep will be their downfall.

================================

http://i60.tinypic.com/zilpmu.jpg

Do you even know where that book is anymore?

Actually now that you mention it. http://www.amazon.com/****-Jane-Fun/dp/0448434113

Are you okay? What is happening? I'm so confused. First Overt is a meanie head to me, and now this!?!?!

crasher
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/zilpmu.jpg

Actually now that you mention it. http://www.amazon.com/****-Jane-Fun/dp/0448434113

Are you okay? What is happening? I'm so confused. First Overt is a meanie head to me, and now this!?!?!
Apparently it was too much for the initial accountant at a software development company, because he appears to have skipped the whole 'comprehension is important' step, too.

Ask reb which parts HE thinks are 'OK' to ignore.....

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I know I'm gonna regret this but... Aren't devs considered overhead? You say its a fixed cost, then you talk about dropping the devs. Doesn't that also drop the overhead?

I've worked in more than a few server farms ya know?
Some might consider one of my guest bedrooms to be one.

Amack
02-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Ask reb which parts HE thinks are 'OK' to ignore.....

Crasher, I'm having trouble buddy. What do you mean here?

I never ignore you, no matter who says what.

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

crasher
02-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I know I'm gonna regret this but... Aren't devs considered overhead? You say its a fixed cost, then you talk about dropping the devs. Doesn't that also drop the overhead?

I've worked in more than a few server farms ya know?
Some might consider one of my guest bedrooms to be one.
They fired the majority of the devs, remember?
They didn't move the majority of the remaining devs (as a whole) from Redwood.
That means they are either borrowing a lot of dev hours from RIFT, or hiring on temps as needed (unlikely), to get stuff done at the blazing rate that they shoveled production and content into DLC-3.
Hence, they lowered overhead of the devs, and are now adding variable costs of supplemental devs back in as needed, raising the variable costs.

If you read the newspapers (HA, like anyone trusts those harlots anymore) O'Bama-care health costs are doing similar to the labor force regarding full time employees. Reduce the full time overhead labor-burden, supplement part timers for piece work, get by with less.

And to the purple text:
Thats a lot like drilling holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water out.
It looks good on paper while drinking a latte at Starbucks, but an empty factory produces nothing.

reb is an entrepreneur.
He doesn't stay in business by cutting corners off the parts that produce the revenue.
He maximizes revenue by expanding production while shrinking expenses.
When you start thinking of your infrastructure solely as 'costs' instead of a means to generate income, you start trimming income faster than you can earn it.

The "Outgo is Downfall" part when it's not being bolstered by the 'income' part.
Firing all the people who draw a paycheck only looks good for the first 3.2 minutes, then you have to start writing checks for fixed costs of infrastructure while your income is declining.

Amack
02-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Okay I got ya now, that wording is much better imo.

You know much more about business than I do, without saying. So can you explain to me (no sarcasm) how it works when they do borrow devs from RIFT. I am sure their time is already covered from RIFT revenue? Does it matter which game their code goes into?

I do understand when you say 'Raising the variable costs'...

I've been awake quite awhile, so explain it like I'm a child.

reb is an entrepreneur.
He doesn't stay in business by cutting corners off the parts that produce the revenue.
He maximizes revenue by expanding production while shrinking expenses.
When you start thinking of your infrastructure solely as 'costs' instead of a means to generate income, you start trimming income faster than you can earn it.

I think I got it. What happens when Reb no longer needs certain parts of the business, and he can actually increase revenue by removing them? After all, this sort of thing is common in the gaming industry.

Start a new post, I'm sure people don't mind. We're getting crazy here.

crasher
02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Start a new post, I'm sure people don't mind. We're getting crazy here.

NObody is reading this boring carp, and the hunter/killer bot will kill it later anyway.

Okay I got ya now, that wording is much better imo.

You know much more about business than I do, without saying. So can you explain to me (no sarcasm) how it works when they do borrow devs from RIFT. I am sure their time is already covered from RIFT revenue? Does it matter which game their code goes into?

I do understand when you say 'Raising the variable costs'...

I've been awake quite awhile, so explain it like I'm a child.

In some cases, (coding is one) the output is based on inspiration much of the time. It's not like laying 300 yards of sidewalk at 60 ft/hour. Coding/Dev work requires a certain amount of magic.
Some guys magic is more efficient more often than other guys at certain tasks.
Some guys can't magic their way out of a lunch check.
Code if scheduled honestly is guessed at for completion date, and then everybody tries to hit milestones, and then recharges to be re-inspired.

Prolly why TROVE was being worked on... you need down time. Part of down time is doing anything else.

And some schedules/schedulers can/do/will include 'fluff' for when the shtako hits the fan.
It gives you a cushion of time to squeegee off the screen when it gets bad, if you need it.

"Some" of the fluff is being funneled into DEFI, as per Trick when he mentioned he can call on TRION assets that aren't technically his, on occasion.
As long as there is fluff left over.
As long as it doesn't happen too often.

And face it, even with scheduling software and guys following 6 color charts, there are assets to 'lend' in many cases, because if you pare them too closely, and the shtako DOES hit the fan, yer in a world of hurt without the fluff.

So, in answer to:
"I am sure their time is already covered from RIFT revenue? Does it matter which game their code goes into?"

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

ETA: Everybody practices the above.
A lot of success/failure in bidness depends on how well you can juggle it, just as much as how little you pay for the bread and chocolate.

Amack
02-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

O. k. a. y.

I do stand by my Boost Theory however, and until that is utilized regularly, I will never worry about the business part of this game.

The less I see those boosts go on, the better I know we are doing.
That part comes from personal experience.

crasher
02-01-2014, 01:53 PM
O. k. a. y.

I do stand by my Boost Theory however, and until that is utilized regularly, I will never worry about the business part of this game.

001 Boosts keep people playing.
002 When they are busy playing, they're accumulating shtako to crush for revenue later.
003 If they're having a good time, they don't want to stop accumulating just to crush stuff, so they buy more inventory slots.
004 Then they fill those up, too.
005 They end up with 27 RLs and 19 are too good to crush.

[Repeat for each other weapons platform].

That becomes the new floor.

Next week, you have another boost.
Goto 001

The trick is to balance you supplying boosts to prime the pump, and supplying so many boosts that they become expected.

Either way, you can generally rely on SOMEbody buying inv slots, cuz who wants to go thru a Motherlode co-op during a loot-boost while only having 4 free slots, a 2nd time?

There's just too much ArkSalvage laying on the ground when you walk out of a room.

Which brings us back to the grenades laying on the ground.

Amack
02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
I respectfully request that we don't go there... for my sanity sake.

crasher
02-01-2014, 02:00 PM
I respectfully request that we don't go there... for my sanity sake.
Just for the record, I think there was a fair amount of trolling in this thread.
Hows about you?

Amack
02-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Just for the record, I think there was a fair amount of trolling in this thread.
Hows about you?

http://i61.tinypic.com/34fzkv9.jpg

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Sorry, had to earn some cash to pay the bills...Heheheh

Crasher - You nailed it on the head. Once corners are cut, you begin playing the "catch-up" game. Once you start that, it is too easy to justify continuing until it runs away from you.

My business is a tad different though. Overhead is fixed. We that work in the business are independent contractors. "My" overhead is a bit more "variable" as I have different methods at my disposal. However, the variable is miniscule so it's easy to calculate either way.