PDA

View Full Version : for a quick load out change?

Littleweasel
02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
for a quick load out change on the live stream Trick said something about holding b for 3-5 seconds, now i don't know about the rest of you but even 3 seconds is too long if you want to call it a quick load out change.

why not just make it the same as they did with the ego power/spikes/stims where on xbox 360 you hold the LB button and hit X for ego Y for spikes and B for stims you can just make it so the a would change your load out your using. seems a hell of allot faster than hold b for 3-5 second and cycling through you load outs?

Chevota
02-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Theres not enough buttons to reproduce the "LB + X-Y-B" that there is now... The thought behind taking out Start -> swap is to eliminate changing your screen. Not that i agree with changing it, but, itll give you better survivability than it does now.

What would you like though? RB + Dpad up-down-left-right-click right stick? A-B-X-Y-Start/Back?... there is no natural 5-button layout.

While holding a button, you have the opportunity to move, to cover, to stop and fight mid-change if needed... I cant think of any (Console) game that allows me to swap loadouts effectively on the fly... Diablo 3, BL, any Halo or COD, GTA V/O. All these games put you in a vulnerable state while you swap, or make you do so Pre-spawn/After death.

I think people made FAR too much of a issue out of this. If you seriously need to swap mid-fight, then chances are you're coming into the fight unprepared anyways, and you probably deserved to underperform/get downed.

Danke
02-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Trick said he wanted to add the 3-5 seconds delay because he doesnt like the way you can instantly change loadouts, he wants the delay for realism so that you ARE vulnerable. From the way it was described you wouldnt be able to move to do anything once the swap started so you'd best take cover before you want to change loadouts.

rebtattoo
02-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Theres not enough buttons to reproduce the "LB + X-Y-B" that there is now... The thought behind taking out Start -> swap is to eliminate changing your screen. Not that i agree with changing it, but, itll give you better survivability than it does now.

What would you like though? RB + Dpad up-down-left-right-click right stick? A-B-X-Y-Start/Back?... there is no natural 5-button layout.

While holding a button, you have the opportunity to move, to cover, to stop and fight mid-change if needed... I cant think of any (Console) game that allows me to swap loadouts effectively on the fly... Diablo 3, BL, any Halo or COD, GTA V/O. All these games put you in a vulnerable state while you swap, or make you do so Pre-spawn/After death.

I think people made FAR too much of a issue out of this. If you seriously need to swap mid-fight, then chances are you're coming into the fight unprepared anyways, and you probably deserved to underperform/get downed.I tend to agree with this.

We have 5 load outs to build. I have all 5 built differently for specific instances.