PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Dead_Phoenix
01-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi all,

I got a few questions i have been looking to find answers to but dont seem to see anywhere. Mostly about how the game itself will work interms of its "mmo" status.

Im sure much of this information hasnt been announced yet (or im just being a dumbass and cant see it), but incase any of it has id be grateful if you could link me to it or just straight out answer.

1: Looting, how will this work? will weapons, kits etc be looted or just bort?

2: if so how will looting work, is it final shot gets the loot, the one who does the most damage, or it just drops and first come first serve? or will it be spilt between all those involed, ie 100 rounds drop, 2 people helped kill them so they get 50 each, or will both players get 100? I hate ninja looters. i have noticed the loot seems to drop on the floor, but havnt seen any videos which reveal wether it can be picked up by anyone once. or only the player can see that loot.

2.5: similiar to question 2 really, but mission objectives, will they be personal or just done by everyone in the area (non party ofc), so for example the mission is to kill 50 mutants, if i run around and pump 1 round into each and see randoms kill them will i get the objective or do i have to achieve **% dmg on them.

3: how big will the world/map be? i know they have said "gigantic" but are we talking planetside big or gw2 big? i dont want "it will be ** miles", but a guesstimate would be nice. also wil there be different zones for different levels? if so will there be multiple zones for different level groups? so in other words i could level 2 different characters in different locations?

4: Fast travel? i know we get vehicals (which i will spend 90% of my time on) but will there be the abilty to "teleport" to the side of the maps once discovered?

5: Leveling, wether its abilty or weapon based how important will this be and what kind of time frame roughly would we be looking at? again just rough estimates here would be nice, ie level 30 will be max but you'll take 1 hours pur level, or will it be like level 100 and take 10 minutes for 1-10, and hour for 10-20, several hours for 20-50 etc etc, or will it be 30 levels can be done in 5 hours, but spend the rest of the game leveling weapons, getting gear or just running end game content?

6: Scaling, this for me is one of the most important questions. will mobs scale depending on the amount of people doing the mission. Nothing irritates me more then running through an area and having 20 people already blizting it, only to find its so easy it was barly worth my time. Again i feel GW2 did this the best by making it that more mobs appeared and were harder the more people that were fighting it. Also by dumbing down high level players so that they couldnt just farm the area for friends.

I understand its still early days as to what can/has been offically announced. even if this thread takes 2 months to answer, its all stuff id like to know. Im sure much of it can not be answered yet, but i felt its easyier just to whack them out there whilst im thinking of them.

Id like to get into beta, however my pc atm is a little underpowered, so im waiting on the console beta. (ps3).

Muchly appreciated

P.S. sorry for the long winded post :)

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 06:52 AM
A lot of people have answers to these questions ((beta & alpha testers)) but with the NDA still in effect, they are keeping quite.

Laughter
01-27-2013, 06:55 AM
I think the only way to get as much information as possible is to check out the livestreams Trion puts out.

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 07:02 AM
I think the only way to get as much information as possible is to check out the livestreams Trion puts out.That's in the middle of day when the working class can't watch them.
I really wish they would make it at a later time or on a weekend....

Escyos
01-27-2013, 07:08 AM
1. 2. We've been told that loot is for everyone, so even if someone else grabs it, you can still see it and take it yourself.

3. The latest stream informed us that you don't have to kill an enemy or complete an objective yourself, others doing the same mission/in the same area can do it and you get credited with it.

4. Well google tells us that Marin county is 519 square miles, Marin is one of the areas you can visit, but I wager that part of these places are terraformed and not the same size as before. We have been told that they supplied vehicles due to the map being so big. We know of a few areas of the map - Marin, Madera, Mount Tam, Sausalito, San Francisco etc

5. Fast travel, yes, the latest stream showed the map come up and the legend showed a Fast travel icon.

6. Not too sure, but the stream mentioned a new character they were playing reaching 50 in a short time, so it appears to be fairly short.

7. No word on that as far as I know, but then again we have been told that the number of people in the open world is very large, so you would run into people a lot. There would be missions that take you away from all that, I wager.

Dead_Phoenix
01-27-2013, 07:10 AM
just hoping some of them may have been answered by people who have seen the dev's livestream. ie not under NDA. or from videos posted (offically) and spoted these things.

Dead_Phoenix
01-27-2013, 07:13 AM

Thank you. just hope console beta will be announced soon :)

Laughter
01-27-2013, 07:15 AM
That's in the middle of day when the working class can't watch them.

Their videos are all saved for later viewing on http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds.

Sooooo that isn't an excuse. ;)

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 07:20 AM
They are?!?!?

What the hell, i was told because it was livestream you wasn't able to!
Never trust the internet!

I'm really in love with you in a forumly way right now lol.

Thanks!

Dead_Phoenix
01-27-2013, 07:32 AM
6. Not too sure, but the stream mentioned a new character they were playing reaching 50 in a short time, so it appears to be fairly short.

just thought id add just watching the livestream (courtesy of Laughter pointing these out to me)

they said someone did the math that max ego/level/power rating etc is around 5,000....

One player said it took him many many hours to get to around 300. so im guessing its going to take a long time lol

DuoMaxwell007
01-27-2013, 11:57 AM
wait so every ones sees and gets the same drops... so for example if an enemy were fighting drops "super mega ultra rare weapon" EVERYONE gets it? umm that snot exactly super ultra mega rare at that point then now is it? what happened to doing thing sin a group and some ppl get good drops while the others get crap... having a reason to redo the content to help others get the same thing you got in the previous fight(s), disputes over loot and ninja looting?

Also so if i accept a quest as long as Im in the correct area i can just stand there afk while other ppl around me (who arent in my group) actively complete teh quest and i still get credit even though i did absolutely nothing? wtf... ok this game is starting to sound kinda bad lol

I mean this IS an MMO right?

SteelPaladin
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
I see your point @Duo, but it seems its either the old /roll type while grouping for loot, High Kings, round robin, or this new approach. But it does seem to take the punch out of that "Decimator +100 rifle" if everyone of the 20 ppl in the group EACH get one, right?

Migrayne
01-27-2013, 12:15 PM
That's in the middle of day when the working class can't watch them.

Actually the defiance part of the live steam is on about 7:30 pm est. Also if you goto the twitch channel you can click on videos and watch all the live streams over again.

Many of those questions s have been answered or addressed In the live streams.

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Actually the defiance part of the live steam is on about 7:30 pm est. Also if you goto the twitch channel you can click on videos and watch all the live streams over again.

Many of those questions s have been answered or addressed In the live streams.Hmmm really?? I was positive I had seen its around 4:30pm Est.
I really need to get my facts straight on the live streaming lol

Elrian
01-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Hmmm really?? I was positive I had seen its around 4:30pm Est.
I really need to get my facts straight on the live streaming lol

It's 4:30pm PST so 7:30pm EST and 1:30am GMT.

Aaricane
01-27-2013, 01:14 PM
It's 4:30pm PST so 7:30pm EST and 1:30am GMT.Wow i'm an idiot......:mad:

Vindra
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
just thought id add just watching the livestream (courtesy of Laughter pointing these out to me)

they said someone did the math that max ego/level/power rating etc is around 5,000....

One player said it took him many many hours to get to around 300. so im guessing its going to take a long time lol
Yes, but they also mentioned that they don't expect there to be a ton of people running around at max level. In a lot of MMOs the "best content" is at max level but it doesn't sound like that is the case here. They said they don't work like levels in a traditional MMO.

WarMad2
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Wow i'm an idiot......:mad:

YOU & ME BOTH! I didnt look at the PST lmao!