PDA

View Full Version : Take your time

charmXalor
02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Okay so the dlc drops tommorow, I feel like it's coming out too soon, I says take some extra time and work out some of the bugs first. I mean we can wait a few extra days till the bugs are out( or at least most of them). Can't we?

Amack
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Good advice, I do believe they have their bases covered hopefully, seeing as how they had the ability to change it to next week if they needed to.

charmXalor
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Good advice, I do believe they have their bases covered hopefully, seeing as how they had the ability to change it to next week if they needed to.

Honestly I think they should push the date back and just release the bug fixes tomorrow.i'm pretty sure that's a better trade off. Wouldn't you rather have a better gameplay (hopefully) than rushed dlc?

Amack
02-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Eh, wouldn't matter either way to me, but I'm sure more than a few people would blow gaskets if they were to do that now.

CyrusKhane
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Take their time? Honestly, if they can't release outfits and guns without screwing it up, they need to take a long walk off a short pier.

ColapsN7
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Лучше сейчас DLC-3 добавить (04 02 2014) *В Live Version для обнаружения ошибок :) .
то PTS слишком мало народу :(

Arsenic_Touch
02-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Take their time? Honestly, if they can't release outfits and guns without screwing it up, they need to take a long walk off a short pier.

Pretty much this. There's nothing coming with this DLC to take their time with. If they can't handle this then they just need to throw the towel in because how the hell do they expect to handle anything else?

crasher
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Лучше сейчас DLC-3 добавить (04 02 2014) *В Live Version для обнаружения ошибок :) .
то PTS слишком мало народу :(
I luv this guy. :)

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/kaos_crasher/Snoopy_Glasses_thumbsup.jpg

ColapsN7
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nyFNJeM3lDY#t=605
:cool: .

*ME4:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Bonehead
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Okay so the dlc drops tommorow, I feel like it's coming out too soon, I says take some extra time and work out some of the bugs first. I mean we can wait a few extra days till the bugs are out( or at least most of them). Can't we?

They said they have the chat bugs figured out. There isn't any real new content so there shouldn't be too much in the way of bugs either.

Deunan
02-03-2014, 08:25 PM
There really wasn't enough opportunities to give the incursions the testing they needed. It's still not clear if the rewards system is broken for them or working as intended. I guess the live server player population is going to be beta testing them. That's new. :rolleyes:

Nashtalia
02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nyFNJeM3lDY#t=605
:cool: .

*ME4:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

ah yes, "ME4". i have dismissed and deny its [ME4] exisitance. ME [Mass Effect] to me is a Trilogy

Amack
02-03-2014, 08:31 PM
There really wasn't enough opportunities to give the incursions the testing they needed. It's still not clear if the rewards system is broken for them or working as intended. I guess the live server player population is going to be beta testing them. That's new. :rolleyes:

What could possibly go wrong

TBH I've seen DLC3 to be a lose, lose, lose situation for Trion.

If they had content, we'd be upset chat is broken.
If chat works, we'll be upset there's no content.
Of course no matter what happens, the season pass holders will be upset.

skepticck
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Well it's supposed to be a DLC not just a patch so people expect content, unreasonable? don't think so.
We also expect chat to work, after 5 years of development, close to 1 year since release and after 3 versions, is that a unreasonable expectation ?

So if they don't want a lose, lose situation they just have to do their job properly... or hire people who have the will and know how to, easy.

crasher
02-03-2014, 08:49 PM

You left out the:

"Note: The 7th Legion DLC will not be available on the PlayStationŽStore as a standalone purchase until February 18th for North America, and 19th for Europe."

part.

Amack
02-03-2014, 08:50 PM
I really wasn't trying to imply anything with that post. I didn't want to upset anyone. I understand what you are saying Skepticck, and you aren't exactly wrong.

I simply was pointing out, there was no way for them to make everyone happy as usual.

skepticck
02-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I really wasn't trying to imply anything with that post. I didn't want to upset anyone. I understand what you are saying Skepticck, and you aren't exactly wrong.

I simply was pointing out, there was no way for them to make everyone happy as usual.

It's totaly cool, i didn't assume you were implying anything, i get what you meant, it's true someone will always be unhappy with anything they do or don't do, but i was just trying to say that they could mitigate most of the discontents with a little effort, some common sence, professionalism and most of all the will to actually want to do better.

crasher
02-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Sure there is.

DLC-3 is NOT value as a DLC. And as a bug patch/hot fix, why is it pushed as a DLC that people who paid or will pay are being charged for?

Give the season pass purchasers the value in product that the season pass purchasers paid money for.

Give the people that TRION expects to pay money for the DLC value in product that the DLC purchasers will pay money for.

And file the shtako in time for our PS3 brothers and sisters to be able to get/use the DLC, too.

HOW many times are they going to play the same 'well, SONY won't put us to the front of the line, so it's not our fault' game?

It's just like the lewt boosts I've bought for my group, where upon the only one in the group who gets the boost is my 'toon that paid for it, and no one else does.

Pure shtako, and the company that foists that carp off with no redress is not ready for prime time, or to be taken seriously.

Amack
02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I understand where there is a will, there is a way... but TBH Crasher I'm pretty sure the quick fixes to chat are the reason this time around.

I could be wrong, but when the chat issue came up, and Dahanese let us know they got it figured out... I knew that meant some mad code typing to get it done for DLC3.

I can not express how happy or proud I am that they were able to "Make it happen"

Hopefully they don't end up setting the bar too high for themselves :D

I have to give credit where it is due.

charmXalor
02-03-2014, 11:01 PM
I understand where there is a will, there is a way... but TBH Crasher I'm pretty sure the quick fixes to chat are the reason this time around.

I could be wrong, but when the chat issue came up, and Dahanese let us know they got it figured out... I knew that meant some mad code typing to get it done for DLC3.

I can not express how happy or proud I am that they were able to "Make it happen"

Hopefully they don't end up setting the bar too high for themselves :D

I have to give credit where it is due.

Right, and yet my thing is that the devs are trying to make players happy with a new chat system, while in the mean time the loot drop rates are all messed up. So I wonder if they'll have that fixed a bit after dlc 3 drops or will we have to wait till dlc 4 to get that fixed.