PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the game and the new DLC and a general critique of DLC direction

TigrisMorte
02-04-2014, 07:42 PM
I bought the game at prelaunch and the seasons pass.
First, I have more than gotten my monies worth out of the game.
I enjoy it and hope to continue enjoying it.

I appreciate all the work of the Defiance team.

I am disappointed in DLC3, as I was in DLC1. But that does not mean it is not worth what I paid.
It simply means that I do not agree with all the decisions made and don't think any reasonable person would expect I should. But that in no way diminishes the work done.

I wanted to start with that as appreciation has been sadly missing in much of what I have read.

Please, devote time to content and not more "special" weapons for the DLC purchasers.
I feel it is a mistake to put "store type stuff" in as the DLC "paid portion". I don't actually care if the DLC is available for all or has parts excluding non-DLC owners, but if I wanted some cash shop stuff I'd buy that. While it may be nice for some to collect "exclusive" weapons, y'all can't really make "better for paid" without crossing the P2W line (and I thank everyone for not doing so) so for me, it is either a break it down or take up inventory space thing.

It is inappropriate to impune the intentions of the team based upon the opinion of the release and I ask all my fellow Defiance forum users to make your criticism without the insults. It is counter productive to be rude.

saltykitty
02-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I wanted to reply and post our thoughts as well. Between both RIFT & now DEFIANCE (new to D about 3 weeks) we have 9 sub accounts in the house. We decided to come take a look at Defiance while waiting on the new x-pac to hit in RIFT...I am not a first person shooter game kind of person although my partner is...and we bought all the DLC's including the 3rd and just jumped right in. I must say for me anyways I am having a total blast with the game. Do I think that there are some rather significant "holes" in the "lore" of the game of course there are, but for christ's sake guys what do you want from a $10 investment or in our case a $120 investment?? I can't take the family to the movies for that...I am perfectly content with the format, I do agree there are some rather irritating technical issues but I have taken the time to open a bug report rather than whine like a ***** in the forums about it.

That said to the Defiance Team as well as the RIFT Team the @saltykitty accounts thank you for your awesome work...yes we think you could do more, yes we think your coffee breaks are too long and dammit why can't I buy really cool crap in Defiance like I can in RIFT. FEED your whales guys!!! LMAO

Seriously, thanks for putting together a great game for me and our house at least!! Oh and since we don't watch TV I just ordered the season 1 DVD to see what the hell the story line really is!

Rock on folks!

Daholic
02-04-2014, 10:58 PM
I am perfectly content with the format, I do agree there are some rather irritating technical issues but I have taken the time to open a bug report rather than whine like a ***** in the forums about it.

its pretty depressing that either you can whine like a *****, or kiss Trions azz because your content with a below average game.

You choose the latter my friend.

Amack
02-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Daholic, have you ever been to the time out corner?

I literally saw Tyrannos eat 3 threads earlier... there was blood everywhere.

Bonehead
02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
its pretty depressing that either you can whine like a *****, or kiss Trions azz because your content with a below average game.

You choose the latter my friend.

Odd, that's not how I read that at all.