PDA

View Full Version : A Positive Note on DLC 3

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Well I haven't written one of these in a while, and while my opinion on the value of DLC has not changed, I am happy with a change the devs have made.

The Faction Vendors now grant oranges!

I know they are untradeable but what a way to get folks to grind out rep!

I first pulled an Orange Frontier Battle Rifle from the Top Notch Faction vendor...but the biggest thing came from the Soleptor vendor at the Crater:

I pulled an Orange Votan Bolter (electric) with the SCAVENGER synergy!!

Yep, Scavenger Sniper Rifles, and in Orange no less with double damage rolls...I am floored.

Amack
02-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Well this just can't be right... something has to be wrong here...

Chump Norris
02-04-2014, 09:45 PM
That is pretty awesome and its great to have a reason to chase rep again.

Holy Bahamut3
02-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Well I haven't written one of these in a while, and while my opinion on the value of DLC has not changed, I am happy with a change the devs have made.

I first pulled an Orange Frontier Battle Rifle from the Top Notch Faction vendor...but the biggest thing came from the Soleptor vendor at the Crater:

Yep, Scavenger Sniper Rifles, and in Orange no less with double damage rolls...I am floored.

Yep thanks for the silver lining.

Amack
02-04-2014, 09:49 PM
This is crazy! Before long Arsenic will show up in this thread saying good job about something... then it really will be The End Of The World As We Know It!

Holy Bahamut3
02-04-2014, 09:53 PM
This is crazy! Before long Arsenic will show up in this thread saying good job about something... then it really will be The End Of The World As We Know It!

Oh stop being overly dramatic, If we didn't enjoy the game we wouldn't be on these forums. I just don't want people to make the same mistakes I have.

Market
02-04-2014, 09:53 PM

First off, I do not doubt you. I'm only asking this because we've all been waiting soooooooo long to SEE one......

Screenie?!?!?! pleeeeease?!?!?! lol

Holy Bahamut3
02-04-2014, 09:55 PM
First off, I do not doubt you. I'm only asking this because we've all been waiting soooooooo long to SEE one......

Screenie?!?!?! pleeeeease?!?!?! lol

I'm with Market, I blew through my Rep trying to get one. Just want to see the Sniper, a peek maybe?

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Taking one now!

Amack
02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Oh stop being overly dramatic, If we didn't enjoy the game we wouldn't be on these forums. I just don't want people to make the same mistakes I have.

You think I don't know this? Well I do... so even when Overt tells me to **** off, I hope he is just having a bad day, and I hope his day gets better.

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
So here it is - been waiting since I pulled my first blue Scavenger Sniper Rifle mod back in April last year to see one of these weapons (Sorry for the crap pics - taken off my TV):

http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6542&d=1391576787
http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6543&d=1391576793

Amack - I apologize for that, it was uncalled for.

Amack
02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
No hard feelings. ;)

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
And here's the Orange AR I got from the Top Notch Vendor:

http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6544&d=1391577361
http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6546&d=1391577594

Not a bad little AR, too bad it's a Heavy or I might actually use it.

quick
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Very nice pull man hope it rolls dmg for you.

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Of course it should be noted that I have not purchased the DLC...so this isn't so much a positive note on the DLC so much as it is a positive note on the patch accompanying the DLC.

Yay Patch Accompanying the DLC!

Amack
02-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Don't make me face palm this thread too... I don't want to... lol.

Market
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
So here it is

Frakkin brilliant, man! Thanks for humoring us!! And seriously, GRATS!!!

Good luck on the mastery!! :)

Chump Norris
02-04-2014, 10:23 PM
And now to find out if scavenger even works lol. I didnt notice more drops when I tried the scavenger SMG but maybe didnt give it enough of a test.

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Very nice pull man hope it rolls dmg for you.

Yeah a 15% DMG increase on a VOT Bolter is pretty nice I'd have to say - and my Bolt Action Snipers aren't maxed in level - so I don't have the extra 5% DMG boost from Level 20 - and 1455, not bad.

Amack
02-04-2014, 10:26 PM
I'd like to point out, it will only increase the frequency and not the rarity... :rolleyes:

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:29 PM
This change should been made long ago - oranges from Faction Vendors I mean - I had quite a bit of faction cred saved up at all faction vendors (except Echelon of course - lol) so I went on a box spending spree and got these two oranges...

Now would I grind Faction Rep to get chances at Orange faction weapons of my favorite type? You bet. Even if they aren't tradeable.

A lot of other folks I know would have done it too...

Market
02-04-2014, 10:31 PM
You can count me as one of them! lol

I, too, saved up a bunch of Rep for doing this. Mostly ended up with the loadout synergy items, and no OJ's yet, but as has been said here, a good reason to grind that Rep!

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I'd like to point out, it will only increase the frequency and not the rarity... :rolleyes:

Yep just more ark salvage really - but still nice to know that 10 Months after the game's release they finally add in this weapon.

I remember week 2: folks were messaging everywhere looking for a Scavenger Sniper Rifle of any color to match their full Scavenger Sniper Rifle Mod set - there were a dizzying number of threads - accusations were thrown about - denials were made...

The more things change eh?

Overtkill21
02-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Oh and where is Arsenic? He should get a kick out of this! I know the Scavenger Sniper Rifles were a pet peeve of his as they were mine...

A running joke has come to an end...

Goodbye old friend!

Amack
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
You should hear the people in my clan vent all chasing incursions... I want an outfit! I want an outfit!

It's great.

Market
02-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh and where is Arsenic? He should get a kick out of this! I know the Scavenger Sniper Rifles were a pet peeve of his as they were mine...

A running joke has come to an end...

Goodbye old friend!

I'd be willing to bet his head exploded upon seeing your pics! lol

Manstan
02-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Yes, but what to do with the red weapons?

Combo Breaker
02-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Skip to 1:34. I pull a Respark out of a Rep Vendor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCxRszTSZo&list=UUIR0LS9dFYxskJd_H5z1cNA&feature=c4-overview

DanteYoda
02-05-2014, 07:40 AM

Now you've brought this up expect a nerf soon...

Skip to 1:34. I pull a Respark out of a Rep Vendor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCxRszTSZo&list=UUIR0LS9dFYxskJd_H5z1cNA&feature=c4-overview

We didn't get clothing either, one suit that's it...the other incursions seem bugged (at least for me) not seen another other than bloodbath.

Storm58
02-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Patch, not DLC, this should have been. Trion waits too often to put good fixes into DLC so that their DLC doesn't seem so flat and boring. Chat should have come out before the DLC too. The management direction for this crap is horrible.

Though I will say that I like that change. You should, however, change the title to read, "A Positive Note on DLC 3 Patch Content."

Zugo
02-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Very nice Bolter, my favorite sniper by the way.

I pulled an orange Votan Fragger with nano-executioner back pack synergy. Now I have to see how that works.

Zugo
02-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Nano effects have been changed/augmented. Radiation and Biologic now have a small DoT effect like electricity has.

Also see nano effects on guns that didn't have them before. Pulled a electric Cyclone, wonder if that one guy on here has been managed to find his dream gun.

sericks
02-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Big bucks. Big bucks. No whammy

InfamousBrad
02-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I seem to be getting an orange every 8 or 10 faction vendor boxes, which is turning into a good reason to faction grind. (And I'll see your orange scavenger bolter and raise an orange scavenger pulser from the same vendor. Sweeeet.)

bigguy
02-05-2014, 10:16 AM
did your pulser have a nano?

Donk
02-05-2014, 10:30 AM
OK now I'm excited, a little disappointed last night as incursions were so packed, I was lucky to find a hostile to even aim at much less kill with so many on for the little time I had. But now I have a new goal for tonight, and more time. I have 4 toons all have 800-1000 rep points in everything but echelon. Watch my scrip go. 32+ weapon crates per vendor OR 64+ mod crates OH the chills........................

Albion
02-05-2014, 11:07 AM
I blew through all my saved up rep (almost 1000 points in each of the three) and got only one orange item. Funny thing, it was the same Votan Bolter mentioned here, only mine was not Scavenger, it was Nano-Mastery synergy. The rolls on it weren't that great either, so I scrapped it. As far as mods go, only bought a few of those, and got just 1 T4 mod, a reserve chamber IV.

It does seem like a good thing to have these in the game now, but the real issue remains that we want proper T4 mods, not these useless faction synergy mods. And it takes a long time to grind out 100 rep for another shot at one of these vendor boxes, so the thrill will wear off quick.

Sherpa
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I like the modified faction vendors, tier four mods and reasonable boxes. Its pretty much the only positive addition we have had in months. There are rumours that chat is workable as well but I am too hermit like to care. As long as they have not broken anything else in making these improvements we can mark them up for a plus, rare event round here.

Nyamara
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I like the modified faction vendors, tier four mods and reasonable boxes. Its pretty much the only positive addition we have had in months. There are rumours that chat is workable as well but I am too hermit like to care. As long as they have not broken anything else in making these improvements we can mark them up for a plus, rare event round here.

Agreed on the chat comment, especially since many people could care less about it.

The modified faction vendors I'm liking that as it seems to be more reason to keep doing dailies and weeklies. Otherwise, I would have long since stopped.

Overtkill21
02-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Y...(And I'll see your orange scavenger bolter and raise an orange scavenger pulser from the same vendor. Sweeeet.)

Very nice weapon sir, but unlike the Scavenger Sniper Rifle - there were Scavenger Pulsers in the game for a long while.

The Scavenger Sniper Rifles never existed until now in any color, much less orange. :)

Atticus Batman
02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Very nice weapon sir, but unlike the Scavenger Sniper Rifle - there were Scavenger Pulsers in the game for a long while.

The Scavenger Sniper Rifles never existed until now in any color, much less orange. :)

Guess that means my scavenger sniper mods can now be used. Now I just need to get a scavenger sniper to get those mod out of my inventory so I have a little more space!

Arsenic_Touch
02-05-2014, 05:08 PM
The downside to this is they probably didn't add the scavenger sniper rifle into the drop circulation.

Overtkill21
02-05-2014, 05:10 PM
LOL I can see it now - we will never, ever see a Scavenger Sniper Rifle Mod.

I had sooo many a long long time ago.

Amack
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Fear not I just bought one before DLC3... okay maybe we have a reason to fear after all...

Mudturtle Jones
02-05-2014, 06:06 PM
LOL I can see it now - we will never, ever see a Scavenger Sniper Rifle Mod.

I had sooo many a long long time ago.

I was spending all my Soleptor rep points last night. I got a blue Votan bolter and a full set of mods for it two purples and two blues.